Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (22%)
Jade (48%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (22%)
Freddy Krueger (8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • October 15th, 2017
    Lost Kontent: Raiden Adventure Game Screenshot [Read On]
  • October 15th, 2017
    Raiden Strikes in Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]
  • October 5th, 2017
    Xavier Woods is Raiden in WWE Immortals [Read On]
  • October 5th, 2017
    Hi-Res Injustice Raiden & Black Lightning Artwork [Read On]
  • October 3rd, 2017
    First-Look Trailer Introduces Atom to Injustice 2 [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat (2011)

Discussing Mortal Kombat (2011) and Komplete Edition (2012).
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/15/2012 08:29 PMStatus ::
Easter Egg: Kano Kombats Batman in Arkham City Lockdown!

Earlier in April, Mortal Kombat Online featured our Top 10 Hidden & Unlockable Characters, revisiting some of the best easter eggs and hidden fighters the series has had to offer. Among them was an honorable mention for the characters who have found their way into other franchise titles, but there was one very big appearance we didn't mention!

MKOmmunity member, Zmoke, has submitted an intriguing find posted to YouTube by BatmanArkhamVideos, revealing Kano staging a one-man invasion of the DC Universe in Batman: Arkham City Lockdown!

Hidden in the Challenge Mode; the rogue Kombatant appears in an "EMP Challenge" that robs the Dark Knight of his famed gadgetry, forcing Batman to engage thugs in pure hand-to-hand fighting. Waiting at the third one-on-one fight is Kano, in the service of Deathstroke, wielding his trademark duel knives and a whole lot of bad attitude!

The reveal comes as a small surprise. NetherRealm Studios were instrumental in the development of Arkham City for the iOS platform, marking some of the first significant work the team has done on non-MK properties since their establishment post-Midway. The team continue to express interest in developing for properties other than the flagship Mortal Kombat series, with some rumors already circulating of another trist with the mutually owned Warner Brothers properties of DC Comics. These are, of course, still unsubstantiated rumors and to be no more believed than the hoax characters of yesteryear, also featured in April [read on].

Characters in the Arkham City game led to much speculation of a Mortal Kombat crossover, but this is the first and only conclusive proof of any such easter egg. It continues an association that began in 2008 with the moderately received crossover title, Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.

If you have interesting news, let us know about it with the newslead submission form. Receive updates directly to your Bat-phone by following @MK_Online, and like us on Facebook.

blacksaibotPosted: 04/15/2012 08:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::9023
Nationality::Bahamas
RE: Easter Egg: Kano Kombats Batman in Arkham City Lockdown!

I love Easter Eggs.

...chocolate ones.

redmanPosted: 04/15/2012 08:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::4713
Nationality::United States

KANO! Awesome! Very nice find!

Ninja_MimePosted: 04/15/2012 08:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::20830
Nationality::Sweden

The new Kano has really grown on me. He's a badass.

Unknown265Posted: 04/15/2012 08:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::535

Heh, I enjoy easter eggs like these.

ShadowPreacherPosted: 04/15/2012 08:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::185

Nice. I love Kano (and Batman) so that's pretty cool.

[Killswitch]Posted: 04/15/2012 09:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::19198

This is probably my favorite easter egg right now. They used his alt costume too which is my favorite look.

Kick ass!!

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
Noob7SmokePosted: 04/15/2012 09:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::1632
Nationality::Mexico

Finish him!

big thanks to flameshang for the sig.
SubMan799Posted: 04/16/2012 02:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::15188
Nationality::Vatican City

That is seriously awesome

jpetrunakPosted: 04/16/2012 03:03 AMStatus ::

Visits::3472

I can see NRS working on an all DC fighting game next. They have already said that they are taking a break from MK for awhile, and if you really think about it, an all DC fighting game makes the most sense.

The biggest problem with MK vs DC (other than its broken gameplay) is that MK fans wanted the blood and gore.

An all DC fighting game effectively would kill multiple birds with one stone.

First off, with DC launching the "New 52" they really want to reintroduce the DCU to new fans, and with the Green Lantern movie, and the upcoming Batman and Superman, they really want to get DC as main stream as Marvel.

Second, the MK9 engine was embraced by the "Evo crowd" as a step in the right direction, and Hector and Boon have both trying to "legitimize" NRS as a capable competitive fighting game maker. The biggest problem with the EVO crowd though is that they don't care about blood and gore, and find the fatalities as more of a distraction, so an all DC fighting game would cure that.

Finally, the truth is that T rated games have the potential to sell better, and while MK9 was a smashing success, a legit DC fighting game would outsell MK9 in a heart beat because it appeals to a much larger audience.

Personally, I feel MK9 was nearly perfect, and quite frankly while the fatalities were cool, they did get stale after awhile and the gameplay is what made it so great.

I think an all DC fighting game using the MK9 engine would be insane, and I wouldn't mind seeing it. I don't however, want another cross over watering down the MK franchise. Its just not needed. DC has more than enough characters to fill a roster.

-
ShaolinChuanPosted: 04/16/2012 09:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::14891

That's pretty damn cool!

lastfighter89Posted: 04/16/2012 02:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::5298
Nationality::Italy

jpetrunak Wrote:
I can see NRS working on an all DC fighting game next. They have already said that they are taking a break from MK for awhile, and if you really think about it, an all DC fighting game makes the most sense.

The biggest problem with MK vs DC (other than its broken gameplay) is that MK fans wanted the blood and gore.

An all DC fighting game effectively would kill multiple birds with one stone.

First off, with DC launching the "New 52" they really want to reintroduce the DCU to new fans, and with the Green Lantern movie, and the upcoming Batman and Superman, they really want to get DC as main stream as Marvel.

Second, the MK9 engine was embraced by the "Evo crowd" as a step in the right direction, and Hector and Boon have both trying to "legitimize" NRS as a capable competitive fighting game maker. The biggest problem with the EVO crowd though is that they don't care about blood and gore, and find the fatalities as more of a distraction, so an all DC fighting game would cure that.

Finally, the truth is that T rated games have the potential to sell better, and while MK9 was a smashing success, a legit DC fighting game would outsell MK9 in a heart beat because it appeals to a much larger audience.

Personally, I feel MK9 was nearly perfect, and quite frankly while the fatalities were cool, they did get stale after awhile and the gameplay is what made it so great.

I think an all DC fighting game using the MK9 engine would be insane, and I wouldn't mind seeing it. I don't however, want another cross over watering down the MK franchise. Its just not needed. DC has more than enough characters to fill a roster.

MK9, MK Deception, MK Deadly Alliance and MK 4 are all R rated, but sold more than MK vs DC which is T rated.

The Green Lantern Movie sucked ig time, as well the last SuperMan one. And Batman DarkKnight had successo only due to Joker and heath Ldger's death.
Warner alredy released DC "Only" games and all of them sold poorly and were flops, with the exception of DC universe online, which is not that great either.

ZmokePosted: 04/16/2012 04:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland

"An EMP Bomb has disabled all devices!"

I appreciate the mention. It's fun to notice that when Batman's accessories were disabled, Kano's eye stopped functioning simultaneously. Unless the lack of red color is due to the lower graphics of this model that seems to be from Mortal Kombat for PS Vita. Kano would have won otherwise, I bet... The Easter egg was impressive work from the NeRdSĀ“ department.

McHotcakesPosted: 04/16/2012 05:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::956

Now what what was the Black Dragon doing in Gotham? Hmmmm...

Heh heh I love when developers slip these things in games.

"Never Stay Down"- Steve Rogers
xB$INxPosted: 04/16/2012 05:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::42

I love easter eggs, especially when I know what they are in reference to. This is a pretty sweet one though. I like how he even has some of his move set when you fight him (like the way he was gonna boot batman, his knives, ect.) Thats a cool find.

ShadalooPosted: 04/17/2012 09:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

...and so it was that elsewhere, DC fans complained about a guest character in THEIR game.

Nice, though!

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.