Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • November 20th, 2018
    Rumor: Spanish Voice Actor Exits Unannounced MK Game [Read On]
  • November 8th, 2018
    Kung Lao and the Scorpions - Music and Interview! [Read On]
  • October 30th, 2018
    Pics and Video from Shang Tsung's Fight Night 2018 [Read On]
  • October 26th, 2018
    Prepare Yourself: Shang Tsung's Fight Night & MKO Meet & Greet [Read On]
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (57.1%)
Out of kredits. (42.8%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Gameplay & Matchmaking

Discussing MK Gameplay, Strategies, Tournaments and Online Matchmaking.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/27/2012 07:50 AMStatus ::
Preview: Major League Gaming Spring Fighter Arena

This weekend, Major League Gaming continues its fighting game program with the first-ever Fighter Arena special, live from New York City!

The April 28 Arena event brings back the top eight Mortal Kombat finalists from a massive Winter Championships, pitting them against each other in the ultimate two pool rematch!

All matches will be best of five conditions, with the top two victors in each pool progressing to a single elimination, four-man bracket. A total prize purse of $3,400 will be on the line for the winning half of the group, with contestants delivered all expenses paid! The event will also feature returning competition for Soul Calibur V.

vVv CD Jr and vVv REO will be the men to beat -- top seeds in their respective pools after a dominant year in the Evo Series continued into the first MLG major! They currently occupy the top two ranks according to NFGR, with victories at Apex, Winter Brawl 6 and Final Round XV, between them.

A rigorous schedule will see all the matches decided in a single days viewing! Standard definition streaming will be available free, with HD passes available for $4.99. Details will emerge when available, via MajorLeagueGaming.com. The event is expected to last across four fatal hours.

Mortal Kombat Pool B
#2 vVv REO
#3 VSM Maxter
#6 KT Smith
#7 KN Crazy Dominican
Mortal Kombat Pool A
#1 vVv CDjr
#4 CURBOLICIOUS
#5 riu48
#8 KN DetroitBalln

Current Broadcast Schedule
6:00 PM Pool A vVv CDjr versus KN DetroitBalln
6:15 PM Pool B vVv REO versus KN Crazy Dominican
6:30 PM Pool A CURBOLICIOUS versus riu48
6:45 PM Pool B VSM Maxter versus KT Smith
7:00 PM Pool A vVv CDjr versus riu48
7:15 PM Pool B vVv REO versus KT Smith
7:30 PM Pool A CURBOLICIOUS versus KNDetroitBalln
7:45 PM Pool B VSM Maxter versus KN Crazy Dominican
8:00 PM Pool A vVv CDjr versus CURBOLICIOUS
8:15 PM Pool B vVv REO versus VSM Maxter
8:30 PM Pool A riu48 versus KN DetroitBalln
8:45 PM Pool B KT Smith versus KN Crazy Dominican
9:00 PM Semi Final 1st Place Pool A versus 2nd Place Pool B
9:15 PM Semi Final 1st Place Pool B versus 2nd Place Pool A
9:30 PM Mortal Kombat Fighter Arena Final

The fighting game Spring Fighter Arena special will provide a primer for the Pro Circuit Spring Championship, June 8 - 10 from Anaheim, California!

Mortal Kombat is also eligible to appear by fan-vote in the MLG Prizefights spectacle, potentially pitting some of the best players against each other in spotlight match-ups, May 2 [full story]! Voting is still open on Prizefights Homepage!

Follow and discuss the Major League Gaming Pro Circuit action with the rest of the MKOmmunity on the message boards. For last minute updates and stream info follow @MK_Online and like us on Facebook.

NephritePosted: 04/27/2012 06:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia
RE: Preview: Major League Gaming Spring Fighter Arena

Let's go Crazy Dominican! Apparently he's backing up Kitana (my fave) with Freddy (my least fave tourney allowed character) lol.

CURBO is the hypest player in the field no doubt. CD Jr. is apparently planing to go all Jax. I would love to see Maxter play as Sektor and I say look out for Riu48.

So excited for this, yay! CD vs DB is the final I'll be cheering for.

NephritePosted: 04/28/2012 05:13 PMStatus ::

STREAM LINK 1 - Fighter Arena main stream

STREAM LINK 2 - Dr. Pepper's Fighter Arena behind-the-scenes stream

STREAM LINK 2 already has MK on (currently Tom Brady talking about Sub-Zero basic strategies).

STREAM LINK 1 is expected to have MK featured in ~50 mins.

Thanks Temp.

(I'm not pleased with the SC stream atm, hopefully MK runs smoother later on.)

EDIT (6.14 PM EST): STREAM LINK 2 has now switched to SCV, MK is about to start on STREAM LINK 1!

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 04/28/2012 07:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084
Nationality::United States

Stream is having a lot of hiccups for me at all resolutions.

Rooting for my boy KTsmith.

New sig on the way
SpacemanPosted: 04/28/2012 07:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::2136

Was really excited to see Riu48's sonya blade, but he's playing terrible right now against CD Jr. I saw Riu48 playing on a stream a few days ago and he was completely destroying KT Smith and played his Sonya like a mix between Cage and Rain on steroids. He was constantly going in and out of military stance and canceling into the ring projectile and using it like Cage's force ball. On top of that he was punishing poke attempts with the dive kick into full giant ass combo's and was just on point with the armor kick. Its soooo awesome to see Sonya played like that and thats always how i wanted to play her but could never get over her kinda goofy control.

That said, he was just off his game it seems against CD Jr. Granted CD Jr. is a beast, but Riu48 was just droppin dive kick combo's left and right, although they are very hard to commit to. Overall his military stance mind games just seemed off, didn't see him go with the overhead once. Kinda disappointed.

Speaking of hard to execute dive combo's, after watching KT Smith drop 3 Smoke Resets now I really feel like relying on shit thats super difficult to input, especially under pressure, is just a horrible strategy. When I play Smoke I always go for the reset only as a last desperate effort if I'm already down life and about to lose. Even then tho I'll go for the pressure on knock down far more often. This philosophy of course does not apply to players like Reo tho.

Am loving KT Smith's B2 3 smoke bomb or smoke cloud mix up, specially when he's invisible. Very tricky, gonna have to implement that into my own game. Same with Maxter's use of B2 and F2 pokes with Sektor. Overall I feel like Kt Smith has gotta drop that reset stuff, its just too unreliable.

NephritePosted: 04/28/2012 07:54 PMStatus ::

Apparently Maxter got stuck in the elevator and that's why his first match was delayed.

lulz

CD switching from Kitana to Freddy even against Kabal, although on the Rooftop stage (the largest), but still...

NephritePosted: 04/28/2012 09:01 PMStatus ::

Holy shiet, DetroitBalln neutral jump-punching Sonya's enhanced cartwheel, WOW!

That guy is so creative, love watching him play!

redmanPosted: 04/29/2012 05:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::4740
Nationality::United States

That was a awesome stream! Props to Detroit for pulling out Ermac!

NephritePosted: 04/29/2012 08:30 AMStatus ::

^ +1

Gotta love Detroit, so creative and bold. Him NJP-ing Sonya's enhanced cartwheel was the highlight for me, I don't think I've seen anyone do that in a tourney before. He did it twice if I remember well.

Osu16BitPosted: 05/01/2012 05:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::6138

NJP can blow up a lot of moves that are safe on block. You can punish Sektor's EX teleport, Scorpion's Takedown, Kung Lao's roll, ect. with it. If it's a move that is safe and advances forward it can be a good idea to jump straight up, look for it and if they do it jump punch as they pass over.

I wonder if CD is playing Freddy more for fun and to get used to him because this is just the arena and not a full tournament or if he's really going to be playing him as a main.

NephritePosted: 05/01/2012 07:25 AMStatus ::

As for Sektor's enhanced TU, it really sucks considering you can stuff it on start-up as well. That move can be so frustrating (Weekly Sektor community blowup jingle lol).

As for CD, I guess he'll still use Kitana as his main and have Freddy as a back-up. Although Freddy is DLC so hidden select doesn't help, that sucks.

I just checked REO's most recent Kabal MU chart- I am disgusted lol.

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.