Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.8%)
Jade (45.4%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (25.4%)
Freddy Krueger (7.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Justice League Gear & Events Hit Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • November 11th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveals Enchantress & TMNT [Read On]
  • November 10th, 2017
    ELEAGUE Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveal Tonight [Read On]
  • November 10th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Xbox One X 4k Enhanced in November Update [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/18/2012 07:02 PMStatus ::
Bloody Disgusting Report New Movie Plot Rumor

Even before Mortal Kombat: Legacy wrapped its short online run [last year], rumors of an inevitable big screen return for the Dragon Logo have run rife. After months without news, plot details have been [allegedly] unearthed in an exclusive update from horror movie super-site, Bloody Disgusting.

Supermarket Sweep Kick: MK Movie to Spill Blood in Aisle 3?

The report describes a basic premise of the transformative misadventures of an everyman who discovers his internal hidden strength, "... a lowly unlucky supermarket employee who discovers that he has out of this world powers and must decide between good and evil, even though the evil side has helped him discover his true potential and who he really is."

Kevin Tancharoen (Fame (2009), Glee: The 3D Concert Movie) is still attached to direct the Warner Brothers film reboot, with mixed reports of invovlement by script writer, Oren Uziel.

Tancharoen, best known for his work in dance TV and cinema, directed the entire series of Legacy shorts, courting some controversy with his knowing departure from established reference. The director was selected for the job after making waves with the leak of his loosely inspired demo reel short, Mortal Kombat: Rebirth [full story]. Noted for its production quality, Rebirth featured several Legacy actors, appearing in scenes noted for their stark departure from recognisable Mortal Kombat trademarks.

Mortal Kombat: Legacy was released on deluxe Blu Ray, December 2011 [more]. The disc contains nine fully presented, unedited episodes, as well as featurette extras going deeper into the series.

Update: Tancharoen took to Twitter for what seems to be a light hearted response to rumors. Included is a reference to the recently delayed Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reboot film, produced by Michael Bay, and controversially said to feature the inclusion of a planet of alien turtles:

Share your response to the Bloody Disgusting movie rumors on the forums. Follow the story by liking us on Facebook and following @MK_Online. Celebrating twenty years of Mortal Kombat, the MKOmmunity is currently voting for the supremacy of two of the series' everymen, Stryker and Johnny Cage [read more].

caged95Posted: 06/18/2012 07:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::382
Nationality::United States
RE: Bloody Disgusting Report Movie Plot Rumors

From this it sounds terrible like some low budget shit fest the rebirth trailer was ok and i liked legacy lets hope kevin t dosent mess up

Ninja_MimePosted: 06/18/2012 07:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::20830
Nationality::Sweden

"Bloody disgusting" is right. Certainly not surprising, however.

MEGAFIREPosted: 06/18/2012 07:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::1123

KTanch tweeted about a month ago that he was having lunch with Joss Whedon to talk about how to direct effects driven action sequences.

Good, bad?

Mortal Kombat -------------------------- 7/10
Mortal Kombat II --------------------- 9.5/10
Mortal Kombat 3 --------------------- 7.5/10
Mortal Kombat 4 ----------------------- 6/10
Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance - 10/10
Mortal Kombat: Deception ---------- 8/10
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon ------ 4/10
Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe -- 7/10
Mortal Kombat (2011) -------------- 9.5/10
blacksaibotPosted: 06/18/2012 07:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::9037
Nationality::Bahamas

wtf is with the watermarked picture, MKO?

"a lowly unlucky supermarket employee who discovers that he has out of this world powers and must decide between good and evil, even though the evil side has helped him discover his true potential and who he really is."

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT? So many fanfics have been written on this site that kick the shit ouf of the piece of trash I just quoted.

sonicherosfan1Posted: 06/18/2012 07:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::2646

This plot sounds like a complete joke to me. In fact, the plot of MKA seems 100 times better than this one.( i say the plot of MKA not the movie lol)

GoukiPosted: 06/18/2012 07:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::873
RE: Bloody Disgusting Report New Movie Plot Rumor

Thats what they been doing for a whole year? comin up with a bullshit plot like that?!

ShadalooPosted: 06/18/2012 07:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

...lol?

Please? No?

:(

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
ZmokePosted: 06/18/2012 08:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland

CageFan21Posted: 06/18/2012 08:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::670
Nationality::Honduras

Man KTanch better not f**ck this up!!!!! I hope this is just a joke...... I mean is it really too much to ask for fatalities and good special effects to make a proper MK movie???? IMO if Mortal Kombat wants a big hit on the screen just like JC, they should make an R-rated movie. Blood, Fatalities and all things that made MK what it is, and not dumb ass ideas like these. With Warner Brothers behind the project they can't complain about the budget now, so they better make a damn good movie.

KitanavsMileenaPosted: 06/18/2012 09:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::3935

You've GOT to be kidding me... I seriously hope this is just rumor bullshit..,

gorostilllivesPosted: 06/18/2012 09:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::4924

or the description of Liu Kang, who works in a super market and comes face to face with Shang Tsung who makes him battle between good and evil. So long as the original mythos from MK are kept in, I'm OK with new additions (after all, Scorp/Sub were bitter rivals made slaves under Shang's power, a completely new addition to the movie and it worked flawlessly, except for hardcore Scorp/Sub fans who I'm sure are still upset over that).

Ion3008Posted: 06/18/2012 10:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::8799

Splendid news!

It's been a pretty long time since we've had some MK news that's pissed the community off.

ZentilePosted: 06/18/2012 10:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::13932
Nationality::Portugal

Uhh.

I usually stand up for Kevin and the Legacy/rebirth series but...

This does not sound good, aha.

blacksaibotPosted: 06/18/2012 10:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::9037
Nationality::Bahamas

Ion3008 Wrote:
Splendid news!

It's been a pretty long time since we've had some MK news that's pissed the community off.

LAWL

LemyAddumPosted: 06/18/2012 10:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::113
Nationality::Australia

Fucking bastardo's

UNdiscoveredPosted: 06/18/2012 10:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::321
Nationality::Canada

is this a fucking joke

SpacemanPosted: 06/18/2012 10:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::2136

Pretty disappointed to hear this. But I suppose it is just a rumor, and lui kang could be like an Asian immigrant just trying to make ends meet so maaaaybe it could work? I dunno tho, based on KT's past movie making experience this sounds like it would turn out corny as fuck.

(Erik)Posted: 06/18/2012 11:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::26952
Nationality::Ireland

I don't want the Legacy guy attached. I didn't like Legacy and I don't like this.

Vash_15Posted: 06/19/2012 12:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::11780

This can't be true. For the love of all that's good don't let that be true.

Noob7SmokePosted: 06/19/2012 12:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::1632
Nationality::Mexico

LOL there going to have mortal kombat in a supermarket....i can picture it now after a fatality shao khan is going to announce "clean up on aisle 3"

but seriously this better be a stupid rumor

big thanks to flameshang for the sig.
johnny1upPosted: 06/19/2012 12:59 AMStatus ::

Visits::3633

Yeah, right. I'll believe it when I see it. Maybe the scene that introduces Johnny Cage will include a fictional trailer for a movie where Johnny Cage plays a lowly everyman supermarket clerk who discovers he has otherwordly powers and must decide between good and evil even though the evil side helpe him discover his true potential and who he really is, but there is no way that the main character is going to be a character that's not from the game (or one that has been changed from a fighter to a store clerk).

Lets remember that Kevin Tancharoen did Legacy, which was pretty accurate to the series for the most part (I'd even consider Raiden's chapter plausable enough), and Rebirth which had a cool dark tone and a great action sequence. Rebirth was written by Oren Uziel, who is apparently writing the movie as well. Does anyone think that these two would give up all that to make a movie about the misadventures of a store clerk?

I have three theories that are more likely than this: Theory number one: the phonecalls that bloodydisgusting got were an epic trolling. Theory number two: Bloodydisgusting is trolling us. Theory number three: The movie isn't happening and they told us this so we won't be as upset, because we'd (well me, at least) would rather see no MK movie than a movie with this sort of premise.

If the whole movie is about a store clerk instead of Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, Sonya, Raiden, Kano, Scorpion, Sub-zero, Goro, Shang Tsung, Reptile, Kitana, Mileena, Baraka, Jax, Kung Lao, Kintaro, Shao Kahn, Ermac, Jade, Noob, Quan Chi or anyone else from the MK universe, then it might have a chance at being a good movie, but it won't have a chance at being a good Mortal Kombat movie.

hey
sonicherosfan1Posted: 06/19/2012 01:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::2646

I suppose Sub Zero, will be working in the frozen food section, while Kurtis Stryker will be the security guard at the store. Kitana could be the cashier and liu gets a crush on her. Then Mileena gets upset cause she wanted liu first and rages war on her step sister. Raiden could be, the manager everyone likes and gets a long with. And you have shang trying to take over the store and fights break out in different aisle's in the store lol. I suppose reptile would be working in the sea section of the store, where the sell lobsters and whatnot lol Raiden could also be the mainenance guy instead lol

I have no idea, but im just kidding, hope i made someone laugh ;) lol

CageFan21Posted: 06/19/2012 01:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::670
Nationality::Honduras

Cool it's not Mortal Kombat, it's Market Kombat!!!

Noob7SmokePosted: 06/19/2012 01:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::1632
Nationality::Mexico

sonicherosfan1 Wrote:
I suppose Sub Zero, will be working in the frozen food section, while Kurtis Stryker will be the security guard at the store. Kitana could be the cashier and liu gets a crush on her. Then Mileena gets upset cause she wanted liu first and rages war on her step sister. Raiden could be, the manager everyone likes and gets a long with. And you have shang trying to take over the store and fights break out in different aisle's in the store lol. I suppose reptile would be working in the sea section of the store, where the sell lobsters and whatnot lol Raiden could also be the mainenance guy instead lol

I have no idea, but im just kidding, hope i made someone laugh ;) lol

Lmfao me

big thanks to flameshang for the sig.
Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.