Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 6

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/14/2012 06:52 PMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat: Legacy Second Series Announced

The most watched series on YouTube is officially coming back! Mortal Kombat: Legacy will return for a second season with director Kevin Tancharoen, who announced the news the only way that would make sense -- in an online video! [via IGN]

Details of release remain scarce, but the announcement comes with confirmation that the second series will deal primarily with the events of the Mortal Kombat tournament itself!

Drawing on feedback from fans, Tancharoen notes the intent to present a greater amount of fighting, action and effects in the second season. Leaving little to chance, a cavalcade of characters have also already been confirmed to have some involvement in the tournament series!

Jax, Sonya Blade, Kano, Scorpion, Sub-Zero, Quan Chi, Kitana, Mileena, Baraka, Stryker, Raiden, Johnny Cage and Shang Tsung will return from the first series. Promising new additions include: Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Ermac and Kenshi. No news on casting.

Taking to Twitter, Tancharoen has confirmed that the new Legacy series will have no impact on the feature film widely reported to be in early stages of pre-production. He clarifies that recently released excerpts from a script are from the feature film, not Legacy. Responding to questions, he also goes so far as to state Kabal will be in the film. There have been no further comments on plot rumors released in June [full story].

In anticipation of just such an announcement, Mortal Kombat Online is giving fans the chance to win the Ultimate Mortal Kombat Movie Experience! The special July prize pack is the perfect way to prepare yourself for the new series, including a Blu-Ray copy of Mortal Kombat: Legacy and much more! Follow the link for entry details.

Relive the excitement of the original Mortal Kombat: Legacy with our extensive coverage kompendium, including cast details, teaser images and all the details from the first series. Follow and discuss new progress on the Media & Merchandise forum, and by following @MK_Online and liking us on Facebook!

gorostilllivesPosted: 07/14/2012 07:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::4988
Nationality::United States
RE: Mortal Kombat: Legacy Second Series Announced

It'll be a relieve to see how Season 2 plays out and fits into the MK movie. Or is it just a separate product altogether? I am thankful some of the storylines were explored further for each of the characters in the role they played in the first tournament (Kabal and Quan Chi especially). Not impressed with Rayden being sent to Earth and accidentally landing in a psych ward. Thunder Gods should be much smarter than that.

petrcechPosted: 07/14/2012 07:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::3134

That's great news! This made my day.

This series IMO has done the best job on portraying the story of Princess Kitana. The way MK9 portrayed her story was ridiculous, it was a nightmare.

I look forward to see the Edenian Goddess destroy the cometition in the tournament. Can't wait to see her beat the shit out of Mileena and Shao Kahn.

photo 4693e3e5-2d4e-44a7-8c05-157857ef5f95.jpg
Jaded-RavenPosted: 07/14/2012 07:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

I loved the first series. Kevin Tancharoen's depiction of Mortal Kombat is rather cool and I loved the first series. The only thing that didn't make sense was the Scorpion VS Sub-Zero episode... it seemed like it took place in Feudal Japan while the two of them still live in recent times. I wonder if that will be explained.

RazorsEdge701Posted: 07/14/2012 07:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::20795

Shang Tsung isn't a "new addition", he's already appeared briefly in the Johnny Cage, Kitana/Mileena, and Scorpion/Sub-Zero episodes.

Also, if the webseries "doesn't affect the movie" then what's the point of making more of it, exactly? If they're not connected/the same continuity, then making the first season at LEAST made sense as a "proof of concept" to prove to WB he could do live action MK and get them to green light a full length film version...but now that he's gotten the film greenlit...what's the point of a season two?

KenshiMaster16Posted: 07/14/2012 07:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::10271

I said it in the other thread, I'll say it again here; I'm glad season two is happening because the longer they take prepping this movie, the better I'll feel. Knowing WB, I can totally see them holding back on this movie. Man Of Steel (Summer 2013) is their last giant release (especially with blockbusters/superhero franchises) until at least 2015 according to them, so they could be holding Mortal Kombat for a summer 2014 release, especially if there is a new game by then, that could mean big BIG bucks for them. Plus, a second season after how well Legacy was received, I'm sure, will help keep the interest alive since this takes place during the tournament.

redmanPosted: 07/14/2012 07:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::4740

Looking forward to this series. Can't wait to watch!

LordSkarletPosted: 07/14/2012 08:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::578

Awesome news I can't wait to watch it

photo lordskarlet-sig-02_zps65c8d849.jpg
ZmokePosted: 07/14/2012 08:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland

We might get to see a triangle between Ermac, Kenshi and Shangers.

Good trailer. It really gave justice to each character equally¡ Certainly it would be fun to have the series and the movie be of the same continuity but I guess it's easier and the most profitable for Ktanch to do it this way.

ZentilePosted: 07/14/2012 08:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::13934
Nationality::Portugal

Terrible announcer voice over!!!

But good news. Kind of weird that they're doing a season 2 AND a movie and that the two aren't related even though it's the same director, but I guess it will all make sense eventually.

I wonder how Ermac and Kenshi will fit into the 10th tournament story. Seems like a pretty good roster, anyway.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 07/14/2012 09:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::19712

I'm thrilled they are doing a second season. What's more amazing is it takes place during the tournament.

Kung Lao and Kenshi are awesome additions as well.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
blacksaibotPosted: 07/14/2012 09:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas

This is best fucking news I've heard in a long time on MKO. Season 2!!
...and I can't wait to see the first teaser/trailer for the movie as well!

I hope all the KT haters go hang themselves because I'm just going to revel in their misery as they post all their bitching and whining threads.

Dragon Points:
Jaded-RavenPosted: 07/14/2012 09:27 PMStatus ::

blacksaibot Wrote:
This is best fucking news I've heard in a long time on MKO. Finally Season 2!!

...and I can't wait to see the first teaser/trailer for the movie as well!

I hope all the KT haters go hang themselves because I'm just going to revel in their misery as they post all their bitching and whining threads.

You have alot of hatred in you. I hope you will solve the issues you have and become a better person in the future.

johnny1upPosted: 07/14/2012 10:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::3635

Sweetness! I'm glad to hear that they're making season two and still making the movie. It's like instant gratification; sometime in the near future we get season 2 of Legacy, and then in a year or so we get the high-budget movie.

I have two theories for why this may be; My first theory is that the movie will be a dark gritty saw meets the dark knight type movie in the style of MK Rebirth. So maybe Tancharoen wanted to give fans of the story a more faithful representation in season two so everyone can get their MK fix.

My other theory is that for whatever reason, the motion picture got delayed. Maybe they wanted to tie it in to the release of the next MK game which probably won't be done until 2014 since NRS is working on Injustice right now. Maybe they got some foreign actors to star in the movie who need to become fluid at English (I'm still hoping for Iko Uwais as the main character Liu Kang). Maybe they just decided that they weren't far enough along to have a release date in 2013 so they got an extension and decided to throw together a second season (which would probably be much easier and less expensive) in the mean time.

I've heard somewhere that they wanted to set up the same basic premise wit the tournament and all, only have a different outcome. I'm okay with some creative changes if they have purpose, but I wouldn't want to see too many changes made to the story. I still think Liu Kang should be the champion (at least the first time around) and I the original Sub-Zero should die and all that jazz. I wouldn't be too distraught if a way was found to work other characters in like Kitana, Jax, Kung Lao, Ermac, and even Kenshi and Stryker. Jax and Kung Lao and even Kitana were pretty closely related to the first game, Ermac was a rumored character in MK1, Kenshi would have been there if he hadn't missed the boat, and it might make sense for Stryker to be there since he worked with Sonya and Jax in season 1.

But one character that wasn't announced was Goro. I know it would be hard for a web-series that's obviously already forking over a decent amount of money on special effects to make a convincing four-armed monster, but he's a really important part of the MK1 storyline.

I'm hoping that this season will focus more on the overall plot than one character at a time. We already got the origins of a good number of characters from season 1. Maybe Liu Kang and Kung Lao could have an introduction episode, but they're not that tough to get to know if the season just needs to start at the tournament.

I'll be happy to see this regardless of what they do, but I'll be REALLY happy if they follow the source material closely. I'm happy there's plenty of Mortal Kombat material coming up to keep me happily occupied until the next game is announced.

hey
Jaded-RavenPosted: 07/14/2012 10:23 PMStatus ::

Well, to be fair, Stryker was in the first MK Legacy too. A minor role, but he was there. ^^

LordSkarletPosted: 07/14/2012 10:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::578

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Well, to be fair, Stryker was in the first MK Legacy too. A minor role, but he was there. ^^

Almost too minor, I never really noticed him, he didn't really stand out to say oh that's Stryker.

photo lordskarlet-sig-02_zps65c8d849.jpg
RemonsterPosted: 07/14/2012 10:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::3638

They lost me with their lack of Reptile. I mean, he was actually at the tournament (right?) But then they won me over again by including Kenshi.

I assume he'll be played by Keanu Reeves.

Photobucket
gorostilllivesPosted: 07/14/2012 11:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::4988

Perhaps we'll see more of how the original MK game was supposed to be setup and Johnny Cage will be the winner as he was supposed to be in the first game? I'd really love for WB to release an MK Bible, I think we fans deserve that!

johnny1upPosted: 07/14/2012 11:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::3635

Remonster Wrote:
They lost me with their lack of Reptile. I mean, he was actually at the tournament (right?) But then they won me over again by including Kenshi.

I assume he'll be played by Keanu Reeves.

He does remind me of Neo for some reason. Maybe because they both have their eyes covered and similar hair. But do you really think they'd be able to get Keanu Reeves to act in the web series? Well I guess they did get some other pretty well-known actors for it.

hey
RemonsterPosted: 07/14/2012 11:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::3638

I have no reason to believe they'd actually get Keanu, and I wouldn't want him. I was just joking because I've always thought he looked a bit like him since Deadly Alliance.

Photobucket
ShadalooPosted: 07/15/2012 01:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

Great news. I had a jolly chuckle at Baraka being in a cutlery shelf. :D

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
Kratos2011Posted: 07/15/2012 01:25 AMStatus ::

Visits::22
Nationality::United Kingdom
RE: Year of the Dragon: Who is the Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion?

awesome news! really pleased with the line up of characters for season 2- hope Stryker gets a one on one fight scene, I liked Tamoh Pennikett who portaryed him in series 1 who also did some pretty decent fighting in the tv series: Doll House and we're finally getting some Kenshi live action!

this is probably to tie us over until the new MK movie comes out which is probably stalling to co-inside with the next MK game =)

Vash_15Posted: 07/15/2012 02:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::11780

Still no Reptile? What the fuck?

JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 07/15/2012 04:57 AMStatus ::

Visits::13236
Nationality::United Kingdom

Vash_15 Wrote:
Still no Reptile? What the fuck?

Reckon there will be a few surprises in there.

I did like Legacy.

Sweetre15Posted: 07/15/2012 04:58 AMStatus ::

Visits::1475
RE: Year of the Dragon: Who is the Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion?

On top of all that, I look forward to whoever to the casting of Kang and Lao the most.

Page of 6

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.