Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • November 20th, 2018
    Rumor: Spanish Voice Actor Exits Unannounced MK Game [Read On]
  • November 8th, 2018
    Kung Lao and the Scorpions - Music and Interview! [Read On]
  • October 30th, 2018
    Pics and Video from Shang Tsung's Fight Night 2018 [Read On]
  • October 26th, 2018
    Prepare Yourself: Shang Tsung's Fight Night & MKO Meet & Greet [Read On]
  • October 16th, 2018
    Tomorrow’s MKO Twitch Stream to feature speedrunning champ, Outworld! [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (57.1%)
Out of kredits. (42.8%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Fan Koliseum

The arena for Mortal Kombat Fantasy Fights and Kommunity Kombat!
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/28/2012 09:35 PMStatus ::
Scorpion Battles Ryu in Interactive Live-Action Ultimate Fight

He didn't fare so well when Mortal Kombat Online asked fans to help find the all-time Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion -- but that won't stop Scorpion taking the fight to the rest of the gaming world in Ultimate Fan Fights!

The ninja spectre attacks Street Fighter's Ryu in a new interactive, live-action video feature by START -- original video content providers from IGN!

A triple threat of Chris Mark, James Mark and Adrian Persad bring Scorpion to life in the live-action feature. Brian Ho appears as Ryu, directed by Chris Mark.

Scorpion's attire appears somewhat inspired by designs from the 2005 action-adventure title, Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. Of particular note, the inclusion of the throwing kunai -- a weapon not always so faithfully recreated by live-action media.

Fans can determine the conclusion of the battle by watching it come to fruition! Scorpion and Ryu victory videos will tally votes accordingly, deciding the ultimate end to the all-Japan all-star clash! New episodes of Ultimate Fan Fights debut monthly. Batman of Injustice: Gods Among Us successfully defeated Captain America in the first episode.

Choose Your Destiny! Winners will be decided by video plays!

Somewhat a victim of his own success, Scorpion was eliminated in the Second Round of the Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion tournament vote. He was defeated by arch-rival Noob Saibot with 41.7%, after beating Moloch. Fellow series icon, Sub-Zero, was determined to be the Supreme Champion.

Mortal Kombat Online is celebrating twenty years of Mortal Kombat with a special bonus round of fan fight voting! It's the endurance round as duos go head to head to head to head in the Supreme Tag Team Test! Get more updates and content by following @MK_Online and liking us on Facebook.

mkwhopperPosted: 08/28/2012 09:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::4514
Nationality::United States
RE: Scorpion Battles Ryu in Interactive Live-Action Ultimate Fight

Scorpion would pwn

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 08/28/2012 09:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::19712

mkwhopper Wrote:
Scorpion would pwn

Agreed.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
coltessPosted: 08/28/2012 10:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::5344

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
mkwhopper Wrote:
Scorpion would pwn

Agreed.
Mortal Kombat Online.....

sonicherosfan1Posted: 08/29/2012 03:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::2646

haha,I had more fun watching that, than MK Legacy.

ZmokePosted: 08/29/2012 04:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::1072
Nationality::Finland

Strange; Scorpion doesn't have white pupils despite being dead. It's also worth mentioning that the mask itself is from MK/DC. Not sure if Scorpion is a victim of his own success – more like a victim of overexposure and a low performance in Mortal Kombat 9 as more of a puppet of Quan Chi.

The spear throw part reminded me that of Cage vs. Scorpion in the movie. By the end of the original video I presumed that Scorpion would get to beat Ryu to the same extent he beat Scorpion but he didn't as it already ended. With no bias – judging by the main fight – the winner is, as I see it: Ryu.

RazorsEdge701Posted: 08/29/2012 05:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::20795

Zmoke Wrote:
Strange; Scorpion doesn't have white pupils despite being dead.

I think the guy is wearing contacts, they're just kinda faded rather than completely white because opaque contacts would probably blind you or be more expensive at least.

Anyway, I love this type of stuff, fanfilms where they don't change anything, the characters actually look and fight like they do in the games. I particularly like this series because they let you choose the winner or see both. I saw their earlier Batman vs. Captain America video when it came out and that was pretty awesome too.

ZmokePosted: 08/29/2012 05:36 AMStatus ::

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:
Strange; Scorpion doesn't have white pupils despite being dead.

I think the guy is wearing contacts, they're just kinda faded rather than completely white because opaque contacts would probably blind you or be more expensive at least.

So you believe he's got blue eyes underneath I presume? The guy looks Japanese – as is supposed to, playing Scorpion – and pure Japanese people aren't supposed to have blue eyes. I have no experience of contact lenses but they shouldn't give a grayish blue hue to brown eyes, as far as I'm concerned, unless they're made for that (which I believe is the case).

I think START only wanted to pay a tribute to the 1995 MK film where Chris Casamassa had eyes like that too though in reality he's got dark pupils.

raidenthefridgePosted: 08/29/2012 06:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

Wow awesome, Love the scorpion costume. But this reinforces my theory that MK ninja masks can never look good in real life...

There allways waaaay to big or something.

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
NephritePosted: 08/29/2012 07:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::3779
Nationality::Croatia

I have only checked out Scorpion's video. His video has 22,738 views while Ryu's has 21,569 as of this moment.

gorostilllivesPosted: 08/29/2012 07:58 AMStatus ::

Visits::4988

These fights were way better than that crap they put in Legacy.

raidenthefridgePosted: 08/29/2012 11:18 AMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

Weren't scorpions eyes kind of greyish in the movies too?

Like faded as opposed to pure white.

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
RazorsEdge701Posted: 08/29/2012 11:21 AMStatus ::

Visits::20795

Nephrite Wrote:
I have only checked out Scorpion's video. His video has 22,738 views while Ryu's has 21,569 as of this moment.

You're not missing anything, Ryu's just kinda ends in a plain old Shoryuken and Hadoken. Scorpion's is way better.

acidslayerPosted: 08/29/2012 02:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::836

scorpion was doing good with the teleports moves and wining most of the fight. ryu was doing good when he got scorpion down onto the ground and started to predict were scorpion was coming from. really hope scorpion wins but i have a feeling ryu might scape through with a tad bit more votes.

the video was not bad and even my dad enjoyed it.

Vash_15Posted: 08/31/2012 01:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::11780

Zmoke Wrote:
Strange; Scorpion doesn't have white pupils despite being dead. It's also worth mentioning that the mask itself is from MK/DC. Not sure if Scorpion is a victim of his own success – more like a victim of overexposure and a low performance in Mortal Kombat 9 as more of a puppet of Quan Chi.

The spear throw part reminded me that of Cage vs. Scorpion in the movie. By the end of the original video I presumed that Scorpion would get to beat Ryu to the same extent he beat Scorpion but he didn't as it already ended. With no bias – judging by the main fight – the winner is, as I see it: Ryu.

He's also wearing his Shaolin Monks tunic.

ZmokePosted: 08/31/2012 04:17 AMStatus ::

Vash_15 Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

He's also wearing his Shaolin Monks tunic.

He certainly does but I didn't feel like mentioning it when it was already mentioned in the actual news article. Specifically the render and intro version, not the one with more black that Scorpion wore in gameplay:

Thanks for trying to find something nonetheless, Vash_15. I always appreciate if someone is able to find a "mistake" from a post of mine.

damienjakkPosted: 08/31/2012 12:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::1696

Canon wise Ryu would destroy Scorpion. This wasn't that good IMO, especially how they made the special moves ridiculously weak.

Vash_15Posted: 08/31/2012 01:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::11780

damienjakk Wrote:
Canon wise Ryu would destroy Scorpion. This wasn't that good IMO, especially how they made the special moves ridiculously weak.

Oh, so canon-wise Ryu is able to kill someone who's already dead? He's able to blast fire, summon spears from the spear dimension, and teleport? Okay.

Also, special moves are ridiculously weak? Yes, because they definitely out the entire health bar in actual gameplay.

UltimateRyuPosted: 09/02/2012 03:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::4494

I like Scorpion and everything but my boy Ryu would crush him in a 1 on 1 battle.

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.