Vengeance Will Be Mine!
posted10/11/2012 04:44 AM (UTC)by
S0nofKrypton
About Me

"The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy." ― Kalu Kalu

aaaHanzo Hasashi was once a member of the Japanese Shirai Ryu ninja clan. Given the name Scorpion for his blindingly fast and deadly fighting skill, his life was blessed with glorious kombat in the name of his Grand Master. But when he, his family and his clan were brutally exterminated by Sub-Zero and the Lin Kuei, Scorpion's existence became eternal torment. Resurrected by the malevolent necromancer Quan Chi, he entered the Mortal Kombat tournament to slay Sub-Zero and avenge the murders of his kin.The first of it's kind. The first-born, HD sprite...but certainly not the last. If you're not looking at this through a Firefox browser then I pity you. glasses
Unknown265
10/10/2012 05:25 AM (UTC)
This is pretty awesome! I'm excited to see more of your work.
redman
10/10/2012 12:13 PM (UTC)
Very awesome!
Zmoke
10/10/2012 03:30 PM (UTC)
Could you also mirror these for the second player? Thanks and keep up.
VenoMark
10/10/2012 05:16 PM (UTC)
This could be useful for those users who are looking to prolong the life of the fake picture industry. Hell, it could even go so far as to expand on the inherently 2D-style of most fake pictures; maybe we'll start seeing customized 3D fakes. In the same light, I'm just hoping that people don't go plastering 3D sprites onto 2D backgrounds (a la UltimateRyu).

Zjoke Wrote:

Why not do that yourself? The most basic graphic design programs have this feature. Don't be lazy, guy.
Zmoke
10/10/2012 06:50 PM (UTC)
VenoMark Wrote:
Zmoke Wrote:

Why not do that yourself? The most basic graphic design programs have this feature. Don't be lazy, guy.

I don't want to steal S0nofKrypton's thunder nor have I any immediate use for such an image. It was merely a proposal. You're thinking too much.
balkcsiaboot
10/10/2012 07:09 PM (UTC)
VenoMark Wrote:
... In the same light, I'm just hoping that people don't go plastering 3D sprites onto 2D backgrounds (a la UltimateRyu)...

VUT?! Tem b teh best!!

Very well done S0nofKrypton!!!
UltimateRyu
10/10/2012 09:14 PM (UTC)
Nah more like this:

legoslayer10
10/11/2012 12:03 AM (UTC)
I think that this can actually bring back up the sprite making distance! When I seen this the first time, I thought it was a ripped render. Through more careful viewing, I found out you really made a great and real sprite! You have encouraged me to start this myself, S0nofKrypton. Good work!
S0nofKrypton
About Me

"The things you do for yourself are gone when you are gone, but the things you do for others remain as your legacy." ― Kalu Kalu

10/11/2012 01:30 AM (UTC)
Thanks for the support guys. Happy to be an inspiration. As for Player 2, here ya go: wink

saiZero
About Me

10/11/2012 03:23 AM (UTC)
Very awesome job on the animation.

UltimateRyu Wrote:
Nah more like this:

Eh... straight up 3D cut and paste with 2D stuff looks really bad. Do one or the other not both.
Shadaloo
About Me
MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
10/11/2012 04:44 AM (UTC)
Gotta say, that's one really sweet sting. Major kudos! I miss making sprite comics.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.