mass effect 4 confirmed ( im iffy on it)
posted10/20/2012 12:03 AM (UTC)by
TheGame100gunzAndClips
i loved me3 but im iffy on this since the co founders left

The next entry in the Mass Effect franchise will feature a hero who doesn't resemble Commander Shepard in any way, Bioware has revealed.

Speaking to VG247, BioWare Montreal producer Fabrice Condominas confirmed that while the series will continue beyond the current trilogy, it will be a completely separate experience.

We don’t want to make ‘Shepard 2′, or Mass Effect 4 with like, ‘oh there’s no more Shepard but you’re a soldier in the universe’.

He explained, "There is one thing we are absolutely sure of – there will be no more Shepard, and the trilogy is over.

"This is really our starting point. Now the Mass Effect universe is vast, and very, very rich. So at this point in time, we don’t even know what kind of time frame we’re going to be in. All we’re doing is more gathering ideas from the teams, gathering feedback to see several things.

"So first, we don’t want to make ‘Shepard 2′, or Mass Effect 4 with like, ‘oh there’s no more Shepard but you’re a soldier in the universe’. So this will be a very, very different context for sure, and nothing has been decided on the rest."

While nothing else is known about the next entry in the franchise, Bioware hasn't given up supporting Mass Effect 3 just yet; the company recently announced the release date and price of the Omega DLC, which is set to be the largest expansion for the game yet.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/10/19/mass-effect-4-wont-star-shepherd-2
Zmoke
10/19/2012 07:41 PM (UTC)
I wouldn't delete the previous Mass Effect saves yet in case your past gameplay choices will carry onward to the sequel. I doubt that the game would actually be called «Mass Effect 4» though you will never know.
I hear Omega will be bigger than a whole story mode in many games. Omega, the last letter in the Greek alphabet and a symbol for the end, implies that this might be the last in the series of Mass Effect 3 DLC.
omega is 15 bucks and the longest dlc from what i have read.

its out november 27th wich is good for me because i got wwe 13 and assasins creed 3 coming october 29th at midnight
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
10/19/2012 10:14 PM (UTC)
Bioware can't make the worst video game ending of all time and expect me to still give them money.

MoodyShooter
About Me

Dedicated, hopeless...Li Mei fan.

10/19/2012 10:20 PM (UTC)
Well, whatever this new Mass Effect is going to be all I have to say is that it better have more RPG elements. I'd also appreciate the ability to choose a race other than human.
J-spit
About Me
Twilight Muthafuckin' Sparkle

Sig by TheCypher
10/19/2012 10:40 PM (UTC)
The_Truth Wrote:
Well, whatever this new Mass Effect is going to be all I have to say is that it better have more RPG elements. I'd also appreciate the ability to choose a race other than human.

I feel you, homie.
The_Truth Wrote:

I agree.
the co founders retired dude. what worries me is this will end up being a space marine game and not anything mass effect
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Bioware can't make the worst video game ending of all time and expect me to still give them money.

eh i loved the extended cut but i wish they wouldve had it in the first place but w/e

all i know is synthesis is the legitament ending but they also stated no ending is 100% canon so i have no clue what to believe
Coltess
10/19/2012 11:18 PM (UTC)
Damn, I was wanting to watch my Shepard grow old, marry Liara, have some kids, smoke a pipe, wear a tweed jacket, and have a heart attack while shopping for soup.

If they hold true to this "Not Shepard" idea yet toss in some elements from decisions you made in the trilogy I will be very, very happy.
coltess Wrote:
Damn, I was wanting to watch my Shepard grow old, marry Liara, have some kids, smoke a pipe, wear a tweed jacket, and have a heart attack while shopping for soup.

If they hold true to this "Not Shepard" idea yet toss in some elements from decisions you made in the trilogy I will be very, very happy.

how will that work though? shepards story is over including the team he/she had

i think what they should do is a trilogy on the first 3 novels where we play as anderson
Coltess
10/20/2012 12:03 AM (UTC)
TheGame100gunzAndClips Wrote:
coltess Wrote:

how will that work though? shepards story is over including the team he/she had

i think what they should do is a trilogy on the first 3 novels where we play as anderson
See, that's still a little too close for me. I'd like to see it 200+ years in the future. Also, I killed all inorganic life in the galaxy, so depending on that huge decision there may not be any Geth, at least for me. If the Citadel is still intact, it very well may be stuck in Sol. And I cured Genophage, God only knows how that would impact the future. The impact should be relevant, but the characters dead and gone. T'Soni could very well still be alive and a small cameo MIGHT be nice, but nothing beyond that. No Reapers, No Shepard, nothing but the impact that they left. A Galaxy where Shepard has been dead for a very long time, but people still know his name and still feel his impact.

All of that is hard to say, my Shepard was a unique man. Sort of homely, but a hero. He loved Liara, Garrus was his best friends, he lost Ashley, he cured the Genophage, he killed the Geth, he destroyed the Reapers, and he survived. I loved that trilogy, and with the extended ending and DLC it's appropriate to stop adding the Shepard legend and let it live on as it is.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.