Official MK movie budget range revealed by WB exec Lance Sloan
Goro Still Lives
11/05/2012 01:50 PM (UTC)
Great find, we needed to hear something about these projects, it's been too quiet. From the video: "The other thing that's important to probably highlight is that we're preparing right now for the featured film with the same kid. Kevin Tancharoen directed the digital series for us. Before that he did a renegade video that he put up on YouTube. And we sent the piracy people after him, to take it down and put him in jail. And cut to a couple months later he was directing the digital series for us. And now he is at the helm of a forty, fifty million dollar feature film." - Lance Sloan
balkcsiaboot
11/06/2012 12:52 AM (UTC)
Sounds pretty good I guess... but I hope they use the money AND time wisely. Throwing big bucks around alone won't get them far. I hope they let Kevin and his crew take their time (to some degree) so it's not rushed.

Annihilation had a $30 million budget
Dead or Alive had a $21 million budget
Tekken had a $30 million budget
Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li had a $50 million budget

The original movie only had $18 million budget and it rocked the socks off of all those films.
Zentile
11/16/2012 01:46 PM (UTC)
The time thing is a great point. Everyone involved in Annihilation described the making of the movie as something really rushed, like they never had time to relax or enjoy themselves because they were always moving from one scene to another. On the other hand, the cast from the first movie remembers those times fondly and had a good time hanging out with each other.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.