Immortal_Kanji
11/21/2013 05:48 PM (UTC)
How about a fighter from Outworld with Therianthropy (Werebeasts)

A werecat would be nice.

His name would be Byakko. His appearance would look like a white tiger with a touch of smilodon (sabertooth tiger).

He'll MK's Beast (from X-Men).
Immortal_Kanji
11/26/2013 05:27 AM (UTC)
Esoteric Wrote:
@Immortal Kanji

Her backstory would be her origins. And her alignment would be neutral since she is defending her world from common enemies and intruders.

Which realm is she from?
hankypanky1
11/28/2013 12:54 AM (UTC)
Immortal_Kanji Wrote:
shrairyuwarrior Wrote:
40 yrs in future set at new offical MK tournament

Id say Liu Kang and Kitana have a child :

doesnt have to copy movess but has to have simular features that are a mix between Liu amd Princess Kitana. maybe inherit the inner fire Liu has but use it in different ways

I'd love for Liu and Kitana to have a child. It's time for the champ I give his title to someone else now.

How about an insect warrior. Kinda almost like Reptile?

No not like reptile. If kitana and luu had a baby. It should be a girl. She should be the girl on fire. And she should have a dragon tattoo like the girl with the dragon tattoo book/movie.
hankypanky1
11/28/2013 12:58 AM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
I would like to see a character with wings.

It's a stretch, might be too hard to pull off, but asking doesn't hurt.

I think u are biting off more than u can chew. How do u expect them to animate. The character would need really detailed animations. Ermac for example, he would tear the wings apart. And to animate this would take ages and no one has the time.

Forget winged character. That's worse than my ideas.
RazorsEdge701
11/28/2013 03:21 PM (UTC)
Nitara and Onaga have wings.
Tazer_Gunshot
12/08/2013 03:06 AM (UTC)
MK is truly in need of a true swordsman/woman..preferably a female. MK is drowned with male characters. One whom knows the arts, unlike Kenshi. so ya...a female samurai or ninja!!
hankypanky1
12/08/2013 10:27 PM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
MK is truly in need of a true swordsman/woman..preferably a female. MK is drowned with male characters. One whom knows the arts, unlike Kenshi. so ya...a female samurai or ninja!!

I suggested a female vampire samurai

RazorsEdge701
12/09/2013 11:54 PM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
One whom knows the arts, unlike Kenshi.

Just what does that mean, exactly? What's your problem with Kenshi's swordsmanship, and is it a big deal or are you just being picky?
Venkman28
About Me
I know what I have given you. I do not know what you have received.
12/10/2013 01:26 AM (UTC)
I thought of a swordswoman who worked on the Cyber Intitiation project for the Lin Kuei, I thought of just calling her Tech. She would have a similiar sword like Sektor's Pulse Blades along with arm cannons to shoot projectiles along with teleportation abilities.

Her story would be after realizing the new Lin Kuei Grandmaster, Sektor, is crazy for wanting to turn the Lin Kuei into robots would defect and would later work on finding way to help those who were turned into cyborgs.
MK_Fanatic_
12/10/2013 10:14 PM (UTC)
If this were a total reboot of the series I would love to see all new characters OR at least old characters revamped ones.

In my idea, the story takes place centuries after Armageddon and many of the realms have been left in ruins.

PLOT
After the events of Armageddon, many of the realms have been destroyed by endless conflict and chaos. But when an ancient evil resurfaces in the depths of Outworld, the gods see this as a chance to restore order to the realms, and they reinstate the ancient tournament of Mortal Kombat. New warriors are chosen to compete in this new battle which could restore the realms or destroy them completely...

*Character images are NOT mine, they simply inspired the characters in my version of MK*

Not a complete roster just a few ideas

Sub-Zero
“A distant descendant of the Earthrealm hero of which he shares his name, this new ‘Sub-Zero’ follows in the footsteps of his ancestors and rebuilds the legendary Lin Kuei. When Sub-Zero learns of an evil presence growing in Outworld, he uses arcane magic to summon a long forgotten warrior to aid him in his quest, one who is familiar with the Outworld menace...”

Scorpion
“A ghost from the ancient past, the demonic ninja Scorpion resurfaces in a time and world unfamiliar to him. His resurrection is no coincidence; much to his revelation, Scorpion has been resurrected by the descendant of Sub-Zero—the very same he killed centuries ago at the battle of Armageddon.”

Maya
“Born in the ruins of Earthrealm, Maya lived a harsh life of fight or flight to survive. But deep within this girl was a burning spirit, one which led her to the ruins of the Shaolin Temples. Hidden amongst the relics of the temple was a lone, ageless monk, who saw potential in the young woman and trained her in the ways of the White Lotus, to prepare her for an unforeseen destiny.”

Naja
“A distant member of the Edenian bloodline, Naja lives the life of a recluse in Outworld, selling her cutthroat talents to various warlords. Determined to become the ultimate warrior, Naja sets out to find the fabled sword of a wandering samurai who perished at the battle of Armageddon long ago.”

Malek
“A member of the once-thought to be extinct Tarkatan species, this new abomination emerges from the shadows of ancient past. Upon discovering the fabled “Flesh Pits” of a long dead sorcerer, he plans to revive his race and take back the Wastelands of his people’s kingdom.”

Okami
“Abandoned as a youth in the wilderness, Okami was discovered by members of the newly formed Lin Kuei during a scouting mission. The reason for his exile – the curse of lycanthropy – was seen as a unique gift to the Grandmaster, who accepted him into the clan and taught him to turn his affliction into a weapon.”

Genchiro
A once promising warrior of Earthrealm that succumbed to the dark arts and sold his soul for wealth and power, the crime lord Genchiro has become the vessel of something more destructive than he could possibly imagine, one that threatens what’s left of his home realm.

Karasu
“A member of the Tengu Clan, Karasu channels the demon of his clan’s namesake into his body to give him supernatural abilities. Every time he gives into the power of the Tengu, he loses a piece of his humanity to the demon and succumbs to its madness, making him an unpredictable force to both his enemies and allies alike.”

SwingBatta
12/11/2013 11:41 PM (UTC)
Werewolves, yet another Scorpion/Sub-Zero retread, and more 80%-naked women?

Pass.
Spider804
12/12/2013 12:42 AM (UTC)
Right, because Mortal Kombat is never gonna go a game without Sub-Zero or Scorpion........
MK_Fanatic_
12/12/2013 01:56 AM (UTC)
SwingBatta Wrote:

Pass.

So vampires, centaurs, cyborgs and riot cops are okay but werewolves have no place in the MK universe?

Also, I don't know if you're offended by 3D women's bodies, but it's clear with MK2011 and Injustice that Netherrealm knows sex sells. It's just marketing and fan service, buddy.

And no, an MK game will never go without at least Sub-Zero or Scorpion. Any Netherrealm game so far can't go without them lol.
Icebaby
12/12/2013 02:37 AM (UTC)
MK_Fanatic_ Wrote:
SwingBatta Wrote:

Pass.

So vampires, centaurs, cyborgs and riot cops are okay but werewolves have no place in the MK universe?

Also, I don't know if you're offended by 3D women's bodies, but it's clear with MK2011 and Injustice that Netherrealm knows sex sells. It's just marketing and fan service, buddy.

And no, an MK game will never go without at least Sub-Zero or Scorpion. Any Netherrealm game so far can't go without them lol.

If they were Worgen werewolves, that'd be badass. But with the whole women thing, it's not that hard to recognize that fighting games are mostly aimed to men. It's very likely that all girls will have 32Ds in skimpy Halloween costumes that costs $92. Seriously, they're expensive. I find that to be very sad. But really, I don't think flat chested will be making a difference any time soon.

hankypanky1 Wrote:
Icebaby Wrote:
I would like to see a character with wings.

It's a stretch, might be too hard to pull off, but asking doesn't hurt.

I think u are biting off more than u can chew. How do u expect them to animate. The character would need really detailed animations. Ermac for example, he would tear the wings apart. And to animate this would take ages and no one has the time.

Forget winged character. That's worse than my ideas.

But.. but... I thought your platinum blondes could be able to pull it off?

sleep

If this was just to yank my chain, you failed to get an early response from me.

Also... Injustice had Hawkgirl, I don't think they would have a problem having to animate a character that flew during the entire fight.
Immortal_Kanji
12/13/2013 05:02 AM (UTC)
If there were a next generation. It should be a new Sub-Zero & new Scorpion taking the originals' places against the Dragon King.

The new Scorpion can be Jubei, Hanzo Hasashi's son taking up the mantle of Scorpion or a new successor.
Spider804
12/13/2013 07:43 AM (UTC)
Sub-Zero is the one who makes more sense to have his name carried on by a successor, as it's already been passed down through Kuai Liang's family.
Scorpion's son clearly wasn't important enough for NRS to even keep him alive.
RazorsEdge701
12/13/2013 08:40 AM (UTC)
A new generation of Sub-Zero makes sense because he's a mortal man and his name is already a family heirloom. But replacing Scorpion is pointless. He doesn't age and not staying dead is his main superpower.
Immortal_Kanji
12/13/2013 09:06 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
A new generation of Sub-Zero makes sense because he's a mortal man and his name is already a family heirloom. But replacing Scorpion is pointless. He doesn't age and not staying dead is his main superpower.

It would be nice though to make a new Scorpion be like "The Crow"... Eric Draven.

Passing that power to the next who is in need of revenge.
12/14/2013 04:22 AM (UTC)
Immortal_Kanji Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

It would be nice though to make a new Scorpion be like "The Crow"... Eric Draven.

I'd rather Scorpion just officially die and leave the series, but I know Ed Boon will forever cater to his favorite character.

It's pretty regrettable, considering that with all the love Boon shows for Scorpion, he's yet to actually further develop Scorpion, especially storywise.
RazorsEdge701
12/14/2013 05:54 AM (UTC)
Immortal_Kanji Wrote:

Well he was named "Scorpion" before he died, it's his clan codename, because the spear is like a stinger. To pass that on, there'd have to be another Shirai Ryu who uses the spear out there...and it's kinda a big deal that he's the only one left.
And besides, there can be more than one spectre at a time, it's not a one-of-a-kind thing, it's a particular species of undead. Saying there's only one would be like saying there's only one ghost or only one vampire or only one mummy in the entire world.
Plus, not every character in the next generation can be a clone or the son of a character from this generation. Being that unoriginal and by-the-numbers is the kind of thing bad fanfic writers do, it's up there with "Mary Sues" and "Crack Pairings".
Spider804
12/14/2013 05:58 AM (UTC)
If Scorpion continues to hang around, I'd rather they go back to his Deception storyline and make him the Elder Gods Champion again. If not that, then just, something that doesn't involve even more vengeance. Hell, I'd even take the Scorpion/Sub-Zero Deadly Alliance idea from Sub-Zero's ending in the latest game. Just no more fucking vengeance. For Christ's sake, it's been 20 years, it took Inigo Montoya that long to find the 6 fingered man, and HE actually did something about it. /end rant.
Immortal_Kanji
12/14/2013 03:51 PM (UTC)
About the next generation....

How would you see...
- new heroes
&
- new villains

It has to take place after Shinnok's invasion and unto the Dragon King saga.
Tazer_Gunshot
12/14/2013 06:21 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
One whom knows the arts, unlike Kenshi.

Just what does that mean, exactly? What's your problem with Kenshi's swordsmanship, and is it a big deal or are you just being picky?

Kenshi uses his telekinetic power to control his sword. A swordsman/woman wields it in their hands. There is no doubt Kenshi is a great character.
lordkirac
About Me

God of War is Back!

12/14/2013 11:57 PM (UTC)
MK_Fanatic_ Wrote:
If this were a total reboot of the series I would love to see all new characters OR at least old characters revamped ones.

In my idea, the story takes place centuries after Armageddon and many of the realms have been left in ruins.

PLOT
After the events of Armageddon, many of the realms have been destroyed by endless conflict and chaos. But when an ancient evil resurfaces in the depths of Outworld, the gods see this as a chance to restore order to the realms, and they reinstate the ancient tournament of Mortal Kombat. New warriors are chosen to compete in this new battle which could restore the realms or destroy them completely...

*Character images are NOT mine, they simply inspired the characters in my version of MK*

Not a complete roster just a few ideas

Sub-Zero
“A distant descendant of the Earthrealm hero of which he shares his name, this new ‘Sub-Zero’ follows in the footsteps of his ancestors and rebuilds the legendary Lin Kuei. When Sub-Zero learns of an evil presence growing in Outworld, he uses arcane magic to summon a long forgotten warrior to aid him in his quest, one who is familiar with the Outworld menace...”

Scorpion
“A ghost from the ancient past, the demonic ninja Scorpion resurfaces in a time and world unfamiliar to him. His resurrection is no coincidence; much to his revelation, Scorpion has been resurrected by the descendant of Sub-Zero—the very same he killed centuries ago at the battle of Armageddon.”

Maya
“Born in the ruins of Earthrealm, Maya lived a harsh life of fight or flight to survive. But deep within this girl was a burning spirit, one which led her to the ruins of the Shaolin Temples. Hidden amongst the relics of the temple was a lone, ageless monk, who saw potential in the young woman and trained her in the ways of the White Lotus, to prepare her for an unforeseen destiny.”

Naja
“A distant member of the Edenian bloodline, Naja lives the life of a recluse in Outworld, selling her cutthroat talents to various warlords. Determined to become the ultimate warrior, Naja sets out to find the fabled sword of a wandering samurai who perished at the battle of Armageddon long ago.”

Malek
“A member of the once-thought to be extinct Tarkatan species, this new abomination emerges from the shadows of ancient past. Upon discovering the fabled “Flesh Pits” of a long dead sorcerer, he plans to revive his race and take back the Wastelands of his people’s kingdom.”

Okami
“Abandoned as a youth in the wilderness, Okami was discovered by members of the newly formed Lin Kuei during a scouting mission. The reason for his exile – the curse of lycanthropy – was seen as a unique gift to the Grandmaster, who accepted him into the clan and taught him to turn his affliction into a weapon.”

Genchiro
A once promising warrior of Earthrealm that succumbed to the dark arts and sold his soul for wealth and power, the crime lord Genchiro has become the vessel of something more destructive than he could possibly imagine, one that threatens what’s left of his home realm.

Karasu
“A member of the Tengu Clan, Karasu channels the demon of his clan’s namesake into his body to give him supernatural abilities. Every time he gives into the power of the Tengu, he loses a piece of his humanity to the demon and succumbs to its madness, making him an unpredictable force to both his enemies and allies alike.”

I like, this could be like a separate Mk fighter like SF alpha.
(don't know if alpha is side story or goes with vanilla Street fighter)
This could be something.
RazorsEdge701
12/15/2013 12:15 AM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:
Kenshi uses his telekinetic power to control his sword. A swordsman/woman wields it in their hands. There is no doubt Kenshi is a great character.

Kenshi only makes his sword float in special moves. His regular fighting style is all about swinging it in his hands like a regular person.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.