Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]
  • July 18th, 2018
    Lost Kontent: Tobias Shares MKvDC Comic Art & MK4 Reptile [Read On]
  • July 17th, 2018
    John Tobias to Feature on Comic-Con Digitized Graphics Panel [Read On]
  • July 15th, 2018
    Ed Boon Avatar Change Sparks MK/DC Fan Speculation [Read On]
  • July 13th, 2018
    James Wan & Ed Boon Rebuff False Movie Reports [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Round 3: FIGHT!
Raiden (60.5%)
Cyrax (39.4%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 11/29/2012 07:12 PMStatus ::
Dan Southworth to Join Filming on New Legacy Episodes

With filming of the second series of Mortal Kombat: Legacy officially underway [full story], the news and rumors are coming thick and fast. Dan Southworth joins the cast and crew on set tomorrow (November 30), confirming his pending involvement in a tweet response.

Sentai superfans will recognise Southworth from the Power Rangers: Time Force series, where he appeared as square-jawed renegade, Quantum Ranger. He follows in the footsteps of the first series' Johnny Cage star, Matt Mullins, who was known for his role in Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight -- another action series based on Japanese tokusatsu serials.

Mullins has wished the cast of the second series well in a Facebook post that appears to have implied his departure from the role. Cage was among the characters confirmed by Kevin Tancharoen in the sequel series' announcement, back in July.

Southworth has some interesting connections to video games, among them, recently providing the English voice for Devil May Cry's Vergil in Marvel versus Capcom 3. The actor has remained tight-lipped about his role in Legacy.

According to the director, Mortal Kombat: Legacy will tackle the tournament itself during its second series. Discuss and speculate all the Legacy action on the Media & Merchandise forums! Get updates on all things MK by following @MK_Online and liking us on Facebook.

blacksaibotPosted: 11/29/2012 07:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas
RE: Dan Southworth to Join Filming on New Legacy Episodes

GREAT NEWS! Sorry to hear Mullins won't return.

"...Kombat: Legacy will tackle the tournament iself during its second..."

itself*

NoobSaibot5Posted: 11/29/2012 08:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::2399
Nationality::Ireland

I'll miss perving on Matt since he was one fine piece of ass as Johnny Cage, but still, welcome to the new guy! :)

And I cant wait to see a few more fights coming up. especially Kitana, Mileena, Ermac, and Kenshi. Though gutted we don't see Smoke or Jade in this season :(

photo catsig.png
Sweetre15Posted: 11/30/2012 02:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::1475
Nationality::United States

So it looks like Sam Tjhia is returning based on this tweet: https://twitter.com/samtjhia/status/274353131448573952

And

Jeri Ryan on the other hand will NOT be returning: https://twitter.com/jerilryan/status/274287436136345600

I also heard Tahmoh Penikett isn't returning as well so..... UPDATE: Interesting Interview and it has me a little bit worried: http://www.shogungamer.com/news/15051/cast-update-mortal-kombat-legacy-season-2-exclusive-interview-actor-matt-mullins

sonicherosfan1Posted: 11/30/2012 09:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::2646
Nationality::United States

When they start recasting actors, for whatever reason. It makes me feel like. The last season isn't connected to the new one. Like with, MKA. I felt, no connection with the new actors, cause they weren't the ones that I remember from 1995. Completely new actors, can ruin the connection to the characters that you had with the other actors who came before and did a great job at bringing them to life.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 12/01/2012 04:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::19961

Overwhelming favourite for Southworth's as-yet-unrevealed character is obviously Kenshi, but who else we got? How about a little Kuai Liang for a dark horse pick? [Or possibly Meat]

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.