Superman: The Man of Steel (2013 Film)
posted06/26/2013 04:23 PM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
nk rel="image_src" href="https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/60557_495253320515283_338917006_n.jpg" />

Official poster making the rounds. Yes, it's real. [via @NinjaBoy66]
smokeman14
12/03/2012 09:42 PM (UTC)
Should totally be an alternate skin.
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

12/04/2012 12:04 AM (UTC)
Really looking forward to this movie!

Supes is my favourite Superhero (fuck me, right?) Strange poster though....
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
12/12/2012 03:21 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

12/12/2012 03:42 AM (UTC)
raidenthefridge Wrote:
Supes is my favourite Superhero (fuck me, right?)

Can't say I'm all that enamored with the heavy, broody tone it's putting out, but the question of 'if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me. The world wasn't ready. What do you think?' is nice.

It wasn't all that long ago you could take for granted that someone might be a Superman fan. The internet age has a lot to answer for when it comes to spreading some less flattering assumptions throughout fandom. That this movie seems to be acknowledging the issues real people have with Superman is a nice touch. It's a logical touch, too.

Will be interesting to see how far it goes in the actual movie and how well it changes some people's resentment of the fundamental good of the character. It certainly seems to be doing a good job of trying to lure people in with a contemporary look.
SuperMex
About Me

sig made by MINION

01/02/2013 09:31 AM (UTC)
I literally never been this excited for a superman movie ever. I saw TDKR twice and I'm thinking of seeing this one thrice. As a Superman fan, I'm so happy the Superman franchise is going to get all of this attention feelsgoodman.jpg
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
01/02/2013 09:46 PM (UTC)
Off Topic:

I really hope my main man Martian Manhunter gets a film too in the near future. After his new 52 arch he deserves it!

Check these out (Mick):

Lol this bit is funny too!

Such an amazingly badass character man, I wish to god DC took him more serious in Media.

On Topic:

I'm looking forward to this movie!
trying not to get hyped but hopefully its as good as the review says

You can check it out below:

Imagine a Nolan story with Snyder effects/action.
It’s the best movie of the year.
There’s TONS of action with Superman kicking all kinds of ass in his suit.
The cape is CG’d most of the time so it can look awesome.
They have intentionally left out most of the the Super action in trailers to save it.
It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest.
The movie is complete, minus the 3D post-conversion, which is currently taking place.

http://screenrant.com/superman-man-steel-movie-early-reviews-2013/
MINION Wrote:
Off Topic:

I really hope my main man Martian Manhunter gets a film too in the near future. After his new 52 arch he deserves it!

Check these out (Mick):

[images]

Such an amazingly badass character man, I wish to god DC took him more serious in Media.

On Topic:

I'm looking forward to this movie!

sadly wont happen since dc has a lobo and hawkman film planned in the pipeline

dwayne the rock johnson confirmed he is NOT doing lobo do to being apart of the new hercules film
redman
02/27/2013 10:35 PM (UTC)
Gonna see this just because I fucking love Zack Snyder movies lol
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
02/27/2013 10:58 PM (UTC)
Is it weird that I like Superman for his clean personality and idealism?

I don't know. Seeing brooding hero after brooding hero, I find Superman incredibly refreshing. To see someone who's good because they believe in the principles of good is ten times more admirable then fighting evil forces because of "teh daRkness inside."
redman Wrote:
Gonna see this just because I fucking love Zack Snyder movies lol

i loved watchmen so im hoping superman is good also. i remember wb gave dkr a standing ovation and i thought it was the weakest of the trilogy. first hour was fantastic but the last 145 was just bleh to me
RazorsEdge701
02/27/2013 11:17 PM (UTC)
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Is it weird that I like Superman for his clean personality and idealism?

I don't know. Seeing brooding hero after brooding hero, I find Superman incredibly refreshing. To see someone who's good because they believe in the principles of good is ten times more admirable then fighting evil forces because of "teh daRkness inside."

I like that about him too.

But quite frankly, what I like even more is flying and punching and heat vision and ice breath. Mainly what I want from Superman material is something bright and maybe even a little bit cartoony, with more action than drama and villains that can stand toe to toe with him like Brainiac, Parasite, Metallo, Mongul, etc. I want to see the final fight from Matrix Revolutions reskinned with blue spandex and a red cape, and I've wanted that since that movie came out.

I desperately hope that the article's claim that "It’s not nearly as dour and serious as the trailers suggest" is true because the trailer reminded me WAY too much of Superman Returns and how the biggest problem with that movie was that the entire film was Clark moping about being lonely while sad music plays.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/18/2013 08:07 AM (UTC)
The Man of Steel Trailer #3

So, we got any thinkers who've watched the trailer?

I was very surprised - and maybe even impressed - that the trailer went such a heavy handed route. It's selling the movie on the back of the very thing a lot of people seem to think they don't like about Superman. Even with the freedoms afforded to the makers, I'm amazed by that atypical strategy. I wonder if that's also (thankfully) the counter legacy of Returns.

I hope the better than you model changes some minds.
I'm not convinced it's going to drastically increase arses in cinema seats, but I suppose we've got a ways to go. And who knows? Maybe people really do want to aspire to something better.
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

05/23/2013 06:49 PM (UTC)
The newest Man of Steel trailer has been released: Man of Steel - Fate of Your Planet.

The movie just keeps looking better and better with each new trailer.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/12/2013 10:11 PM (UTC)
Zod finds his way to Injustice. Not gonna be the movie version, but the Man of Steel hype train is chugging along (somewhere).
raidenthefridge
About Me

06/15/2013 02:33 PM (UTC)
Going to see it tonight :) I'l report back!
themasterab
About Me

Cage always wins, and in MK u will be Caged!

06/15/2013 03:16 PM (UTC)
Movie of the year just saying, all the battles everything was awesome did my fav superhero great just a few things bothered me...

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Superman kills...superman hasn't mastered flight till his an adult and Lois lane follows him in the fortress of solitude I'm guessing that's a ship from krypton? Straying away from comics obviously...

Still best movie of the year anyways :)
Army_Of_Ermac
06/15/2013 07:35 PM (UTC)
themasterab Wrote:
Movie of the year just saying, all the battles everything was awesome did my fav superhero great just a few things bothered me...

Superman kills...superman hasn't mastered flight till his an adult and Lois lane follows him in the fortress of solitude I'm guessing that's a ship from krypton? Straying away from comics obviously...

Still best movie of the year anyways :)

Although not often Superman has killed before. Off the top of my head I remember he put down 3 kryptonians and of course doomsday.
raidenthefridge
About Me

06/15/2013 08:57 PM (UTC)
love
Love
LOVED it.

Honestly I can see this dividing a lot of people (not just the people who think Superman is uncool no matter what)

I was shocked by Superman snapping Zods neck, but I can see this being a defining moment in his "no killing" rule, because he actually knows what its like to take a life, and if he didn't kill Zod he would have killed 3 people instantly and many more after that (something Batman can't get his head around)

I'm very pleased with the movie and hope this is the beginning of a Beautiful thing :)

Warner Bros, Gimme dat Aquaman.
Led_Auditore
About Me

-courtesy from MINION-

06/16/2013 12:08 AM (UTC)
The movie was ok. Then again im biased since im nkt really a Superman fan lol

Although
Superman killing was a pretty good twist...though lots of kids will confused after this movie lol
Heavy-Rain
06/16/2013 12:56 AM (UTC)
Minion what comics are those pics from??

The man of steel movie is awesome and I might see it again.
nyjetsrulz87
06/16/2013 02:36 PM (UTC)
I enjoyed the film. Although it had its flaws it definitely was an enjoyable ride with the foundations set for an even better sequel.
raidenthefridge
About Me

06/16/2013 02:53 PM (UTC)
Led_Auditore Wrote:
The movie was ok. Then again im biased since im nkt really a Superman fan lol

Although
Superman killing was a pretty good twist...though lots of kids will confused after this movie lol

A good TWIST indeed.
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

06/16/2013 09:21 PM (UTC)
Maybe the movie is prior to his oath not to do it again.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.