Injustice Comic ( Plot Spoiler!!)
posted01/16/2013 03:42 AM (UTC)by
AcCooper20
About Me

Just read chapter 1 of the Injustice comic that was released today. Seems to confirm that the storyline of the game will be Superman for some reason becomes a dictator of Earth and rules with an "iron fist". This has been hinted at and discussed but I think this is the first time it has been officially revealed.
Mortanius
01/15/2013 05:03 PM (UTC)
I'm very curious on what turned him. In the DCAU Superman killed Luthor and he liked this new brand of "justice", thus the Justice Lords were born. Yet having Batman going against Superman reminds me of the Kingdom Come storyline. Seeing as Luthor is in the game i'm guessing somebody close to Superman dies. Lois perhaps.
JohnBoyAdvance
01/15/2013 06:15 PM (UTC)
Plus you got the possibility of "Lex Luthor developed Superman clone" while real Superman is chilling/dead/resting/fighting a newly resurrected Dark Kahn.
Mortanius
01/15/2013 06:27 PM (UTC)
I kinda feel the clone thing is played out. I want it to be him. The Superman we all know who just had enough of the boyscout routine and snapped. Like the Joker says ""all it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy".

On the flip side if it is a clone-ish story. I'd rather have it involve black kryptonite. Which separates a kryptonian into two. One good and one bad.
KcinTnarg
01/15/2013 06:44 PM (UTC)
Well I just got done reading it, so here's some spoilers!

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)

1. Batman reveals the world is now ruled by Superman.

2. Five years earlier, Superman and Lois Lane apparently live together and she is pregnant.

3. Batman is in Metropolis because something "sensitive" has been stolen.

4. Superman tells Batman they want him to be the godfather.

5. Lois and her cameraman are at the docks to catch a councilman taking a payoff.

6. Shadowy characters are actually the Joker and Harley Quinn. They kill the cameraman, and Joker says "Hi Lois".

Well the way that it looks like The Joker is going to murder Lois or causing her to have a miscarriage, which causes Superman to turn into the evil king of Earth.
Mortanius
01/15/2013 06:57 PM (UTC)
I wish it had more punch than that, but it is the 1st comic so i'm sure the pace is gonna quicken.
Grimm
About Me

01/15/2013 07:35 PM (UTC)
Are you able to get these comics in stores? I would rather a physical copy than a digital copy.
Cyborg
01/16/2013 03:23 AM (UTC)
KcinTnarg Wrote:
Well I just got done reading it, so here's some spoilers!

1. Batman reveals the world is now ruled by Superman.

2. Five years earlier, Superman and Lois Lane apparently live together and she is pregnant.

3. Batman is in Metropolis because something "sensitive" has been stolen.

4. Superman tells Batman they want him to be the godfather.

5. Lois and her cameraman are at the docks to catch a councilman taking a payoff.

6. Shadowy characters are actually the Joker and Harley Quinn. They kill the cameraman, and Joker says "Hi Lois".

Well the way that it looks like The Joker is going to murder Lois or causing her to have a miscarriage, which causes Superman to turn into the evil king of Earth.

I'm guessing you don't follow Superman very much. The camera man's name is Jimmy, and he's more than just "a camera man". Jimmy is a great friend of Lois and Clark, and he works with them both at the Daily Planet. Which is a big deal for him to die. Both for Supes and Lois. It also shows that nobody is safe.

Mortanius Wrote:
I wish it had more punch than that, but it is the 1st comic so i'm sure the pace is gonna quicken.

It really did have punch to it, imo. Was a great story for only being 10 pages(1 chapter). Keep in mind, the full print comic will contain 3 chapters each, and there will be a total of 4 issues(12 chapters) when it's all said and done. So this was a decent start, given the small number of pages to work with so far. We already have a good idea of where things are going, what's at stake, and who is behind it and the main threat. As well as a cliffhanger that could go either way right now. I'm betting we will get a few twists and turns to add some curve balls to the story.

Grimm Wrote:
Are you able to get these comics in stores? I would rather a physical copy than a digital copy.

You will be able to buy them in comic book stores on the last Wed. of every month, each containing 3 chapters. The price will likely be $3 an issue.

OR

You can buy them chapter by chapter, every Tuesday, for 99 Cents a chapter digitally.

Either way, it'll cost about the same, and you are going to receive the same amount of content, except digitally gets you bit by bit, and sooner rather than all at once at the end of each month.
Tabmok_Latrom
01/16/2013 03:35 AM (UTC)
Or, you know, just torrent.
Cyborg
01/16/2013 03:42 AM (UTC)
Tabmok_Latrom Wrote:
Or, you know, just torrent.

I'd hope people can afford $1-$3 for something they want.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.