Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 01/16/2013 10:39 PMStatus ::
Injustice #1 Chapter 1 Digital Comic Goes Top

It's the comic book tie-in defying convention!
Some people think fighting games aren't well known for their storylines. Likewise, comics readers have long been conditioned to regard tie-in comics with suspicion and doubt. Injustice: Gods Among Us rewrites both rules, flying to the top of digital charts within the first day of its online release!

At a paltry 99c; Chapter 1 of the Injustice digital comic details the first third of what will be the final printed issue, come January 30 [full story].

So popular has the release been, it's already #1 on the Amazon Kindle and DC Comics App! It bests enduring collected releases like Watchmen and The Dark Knight Returns, as well as the hugely successful New 52 reboot of Justice League [via @TomTaylorMade]!

The writer makes no bones about celebrating his opportunity to work on the iconic heroes and villains of the DC Universe -- even if Injustice forces a new perspective on some of the classics. In his own words, "... that dream has become a reality… and that reality has become a nightmare."

Batman Looms Over Chapter 1 of the Injustice Backstory [via IGN]

Taylor spoke recently to IGN about the trials and triumphs of the book, which takes place approximately five years before the events of the game -- leading to conflict between Superman and Batman. Allusions to Superman's tyrannical New Regime date back to the first teaser released, back in July, 2012.

Referencing his history as a playwright and screenwriter, Taylor also expects to bring his skills of short story telling to the individual chapters and issues. He does so noting that the platform fo the games' story mode helped offer a strong base to work from, defying his own expectations of fighting game plot.

... I read the entire thing in one sitting… and then I grinned. This really is the most ambitious script I’ve ever seen from a fighting game, and the NetherRealm guys have pulled it off. So, the challenge is not ‘how do I make this interesting?’ but how do I complement what these guys have done? How do I too find that perfect balance between emotional, epic storytelling and sudden, irreparable spine removal?

The first ten page chapter is currently available via the DC Comics App, Comixology and the Amazon Kindle Store. Fans of paper should remember to pre-order the complete issue with their local comic store before January 30!

Get a sneak peek of cover art and plot details for issues #2, #3 & #4. Injustice: Gods Among Us hits home consoles April 16! Discuss and speculate about the games and comics on the DC Universe Injustice forum.

blackcyborgPosted: 01/16/2013 11:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::18499
Nationality::United States
RE: Injustice #1 Chapter 1 Digital Comic Release Goes Top

The first chapter was great. Can't wait to read the rest, as well as play the game itself. Glad he thought the story of the game was that decent.

MINIONPosted: 01/17/2013 12:08 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469

blackcyborg Wrote:
The first chapter was great. Can't wait to read the rest, as well as play the game itself. Glad he thought the story of the game was that decent.

Agreed! Read it and loved it!

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
JLU51306Posted: 01/17/2013 01:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::1475

I was hesitant about the quality, not knowing any previous works from the writer. After I read an interview with Tom Taylor I got the impression that it would be more like a fan-fiction.
Once I read it, I was blown away. The writer has a very firm grasp for the characters, what they say and do, ect. And the fact this kind of quality was inspired from the story mode of Injustice, makes me incredibly optimistic.

photo blackadamsig2_zpsd5a1bf0f.jpg Signature by MINION
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.