Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/01/2013 11:42 PMStatus ::
Injustice: Store Exclusive Arkham City & Red Son Skin Packs

Since the announcement of their newest fighting game project, NetherRealm Studios have been consistent with two promises: this isn't Mortal Kombat with DC characters, and there's going to be a whole lot of content!

Injustice: Gods Among Us is taking full advantage of the wealth of material DC Entertainment have to offer, tapping in to everything from the comics themselves, to other video games!

Walmart have joined the bonus content arms race, offering exclusive DLC costume packs inspired by the 2011 video game - Batman: Arkham City!

Batman, Joker and Catwoman [pictured right] get the Arkham City treatment [no pictures available]. The pre-order purchase bonus is seemingly only available for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Update: An image of the Arkham City DLC designs has emerged [via Giantbomb]. Thanks to C-Sword for the tip.

Pre-orders from Gamestop will receive exclusive Red Son game content, featuring alternate costumes for Superman, Wonder Woman and Solomon Grundy [below]. The pack also includes twenty challenge missions set within the Red Son universe.

Superman: Red Son is the Eisner Award winning 2004 mini-series by Mark Millar and Dave Johnson. The popular DC Comics Elseworlds series tells the tale of a world where Superman landed in 1950s Soviet Russia, raised to be a communist hero.

The Gamestop offer is only available with orders for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. Australians can find the same deal at EB Games [PS3, 360; via Gamespot]. Update: Fans in the United Kingdom can pre-order the Red Son DLC edition via GAME [PS3, 360; via MKRAYDEN]

Injustice: Gods Among Us arrives on US home consoles April 16, with a simultaneous Australian release (April 17). Additional bonuses are available in special editions. Discuss all the versions and more on the DC Universe Injustice forum. Thanks to blackcyborg for the tip. Found something cool? Let us know about it.

smokeman14Posted: 02/01/2013 11:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::6406
Nationality::United States
RE: Injustice: Store Exclusive Arkham City & Red Son Skin Packs

Why no Bats and GL for the Red Son pack and no Harley and Nightwing for AC pack?

Led_AuditorePosted: 02/02/2013 01:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::2092

Eh ill stick to Gamestop. already have like 70% payed off for the collectors edition and the addon seems a bit cooler. It's cool for those that want Arkham Joker and Catwoman (cough mlre cleaveage :P)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic -courtesy from MINION-
MINIONPosted: 02/02/2013 02:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469

Here's another View of It (CLICK FOR FULL SIZE):

If you haven't already seen it, Enjoy.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
KcinTnargPosted: 02/02/2013 03:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::6958

Led_Auditore Wrote:
Eh ill stick to Gamestop. already have like 70% payed off for the collectors edition and the addon seems a bit cooler. It's cool for those that want Arkham Joker and Catwoman (cough mlre cleaveage :P)

I'm with you, I'll just keep the Red Son skins unless somehow Best Buy gets the Justice Lords skins lol

raidenthefridgePosted: 02/02/2013 06:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

They could have went all out with the Arkham pack, Grundy, Nightwing, Harley, Bane etc.

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
themasterabPosted: 02/02/2013 11:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::681

smokeman14 Wrote:
Why no Bats and GL for the Red Son pack and no Harley and Nightwing for AC pack?

I agree about all that red son was one of my favorites to read about besides batman and green lantern they could've even done lex luthor, Grundy wasn't even involved in that series?

Cage always wins, and in MK u will be Caged! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Vash_15Posted: 02/02/2013 02:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::11780

I like how none of the pictures embedded in news stories show up when I'm on Chrome.

Kabal20Posted: 02/02/2013 03:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::6204

Just wondering, but is the Red Son skin pack exclusive to a particular edition? It looks like Gamestop isn't even offering it with the Battle Edition since it already comes with it's own, different, skin pack: Injustice Battle Edition Gamestop

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

oraclePosted: 02/02/2013 04:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::9368

Arkham City Catwoman! I neeeeed it. No Arkham Harley? Boo.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Led_AuditorePosted: 02/02/2013 05:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::2092

Kabal20 Wrote:
Just wondering, but is the Red Son skin pack exclusive to a particular edition? It looks like Gamestop isn't even offering it with the Battle Edition since it already comes with it's own, different, skin pack: Injustice Battle Edition Gamestop

Dont worry man, as long as you Preorder it at gamestop, you will get the Red Son addon with your fight stick edition :)

Although id be a lil more impressed if walmart threw in Arkham Nightwing and Harley though :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic -courtesy from MINION-
BADASS6669Posted: 02/02/2013 07:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

Has Neatherealm announced/comfirmed if all characters will have alternate costumes?

If so I'm just going to stick with Gamestop since it comes with 20 extra challenges witch basically confirms a challenge tower

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
evilekimPosted: 02/02/2013 09:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::3001

I agree about the Arkham city outfits, why not have Nightwing and the others?
I really hope Besy Buy will give us Dark Knight Trilogy costumes for Batman, Bane, Catwoman, and The Joker! That would be epic
:)

blackcyborgPosted: 02/02/2013 11:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::18499

evilekim Wrote:

I really hope Besy Buy will give us Dark Knight Trilogy costumes for Batman, Bane, Catwoman, and The Joker! That would be epic

Would be cool, but I highly doubt it. I don't think DC/WB likes using the movie outfits in games or comics, outside movie tie-in ones. In Arkham City Batman, Robin, and Catwoman had several alternate attires, none of which were from any of the movies. Which is a shame, because if we were to get them, Batman, Bane, and Joker from TDK trilogy would be great, as for Catwoman, Id prefer hers from Batman Returns. The black stitched up latex was pretty sweet.

There's a lot of history to draw from...

Jokers current look in the Batman comics with his face cut off but strapped around his head, Catwoman's Long Halloween outfit, some animated series inspired ones...Justice Lords ones for the Justice League members...

EsmeBushPosted: 02/03/2013 12:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::19
Nationality::Australia

I'm planning on getting the Wii U version, no pre-order bonuses for me :( I just hope the Wii U version will get the DLC, I really want those New 52 Skins!

themasterabPosted: 02/03/2013 01:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::681

Led_Auditore Wrote:
Kabal20 Wrote:

Dont worry man, as long as you Preorder it at gamestop, you will get the Red Son addon with your fight stick edition :)

Although id be a lil more impressed if walmart threw in Arkham Nightwing and Harley though :)

Thank goodness, I got worried myself considering I put some money down on a special edition at gamestop, im sure the extra missions are gonna be fun and hopefully batman,green lantern and lex luthor are in it as well seeing how they were part of the red son

Cage always wins, and in MK u will be Caged! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
blackcyborgPosted: 02/03/2013 02:35 AMStatus ::

evilekim Wrote:

To back up what I said earlier, about them not being able to use movie outfits, Ed says it himself in an interview that they were actually told not to use any movie costumes, for Superman or Batman etc. So that answers that...

http://youtu.be/PvOe0PUJkbo?t=13m

evilekimPosted: 02/03/2013 11:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::3001

blackcyborg Wrote:
evilekim Wrote:

To back up what I said earlier, about them not being able to use movie outfits, Ed says it himself in an interview that they were actually told not to use any movie costumes, for Superman or Batman etc. So that answers that...

http://youtu.be/PvOe0PUJkbo?t=13m

Well, there goes my hopes :(
It's extremely disappointing to me that they can't deliver movie costumes for Batman. The trilogy alone has brought back Batman from a horrible 90s flop that nearly ruined him. To me, this is a slap in the face straight from WB. No movie tie ins? WTF? Give us some more comic costumes, because nobody had done that before right? Sorry to sound negative on this subject, but it's a bunch of bullshit as far as I'm concerned :(

oraclePosted: 02/04/2013 02:25 PMStatus ::

DC has always been like that though. They tend to not like current franchises to be mix-y.

BADASS6669Posted: 02/05/2013 10:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

i really want to see a pic of the Walmart costumes since the each had a couple in the game. Also will it come with additional AA missions?

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
RazorsEdge701Posted: 02/06/2013 07:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::20795

Why is it that they can use Green Arrow's suit from the Arrow TV show if they're not allowed to use suits from the movies?

Not that I mind since I don't really like Bale's Batsuit or the new Man of Steel costume (Legder Joker might've been cool though)...it just seems like the logic there doesn't add up. TV's okay but film isn't?

Aaanyway, Arkham City Catwoman sounds like awesome news to me, that's gotta be her best look of all time. Gotta agree I wish they were doing AC NIghtwing, though.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/06/2013 12:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::19615

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Why is it that they can use Green Arrow's suit from the Arrow TV show if they're not allowed to use suits from the movies?

Not that I mind since I don't really like Bale's Batsuit or the new Man of Steel costume (Legder Joker might've been cool though)...it just seems like the logic there doesn't add up. TV's okay but film isn't?

Defunct blockbuster franchise in need of reconstruction gets pushed to the side; current TV project gets a promotional guernsey. Not sure if that's bad math, or just the DC Entertainment age. Always a chance we still get something from the movies, at some point.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
RazorsEdge701Posted: 02/06/2013 01:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::20795

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Defunct blockbuster franchise in need of reconstruction gets pushed to the side; current TV project gets a promotional guernsey.

Well that doesn't explain not promoting Man of Steel, which comes out this summer...

blackcyborgPosted: 02/06/2013 02:18 PMStatus ::

Maybe there's a difference between T.V. and film? Maybe using the film outfits requires some sort of extra rights or royalties etc? Because beyond Arrow, they let Arkham City use the animated series outfits from Batman The Animated Series and Batman Beyond...

Or maybe WB/DC just don't like the idea of people in the movies likenesses being remade in the game, or having them fight in a violent game? Not having Ledger's Joker outfit does make sense in a matter of respect and not wanting his character being brutalized by others etc.

Not sure...just random guessing...i'm sure there's gotta be some behind the scenes reasoning other than they just don't want to market and advertise their own movies...that wouldn't make a bit of sense.

oraclePosted: 02/06/2013 05:08 PMStatus ::

Is the Arrow suit in the game?

Page of 3

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.