Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2016!
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- Kountdown: Top 10 DLC Klassic Skin Packs for Mortal Kombat X
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- MKX DLC: More Clues Point to Return of Klassic Pit Arena
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List
- Kountdown: 10 Klassic Arenas
For Mortal Kombat X DLC

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Most Anticipated Premier?
Powergirl (46.2%)
Green Lantern (20%)
Reverse-Flash (33.7%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • March 23rd, 2017
    Injustice 2: Shattered Alliances Trailer 3 - Supergirl [Read On]
  • March 20th, 2017
    Cheetah is Fast & Furry in New Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • March 17th, 2017
    Firestorm Lights Up Injustice 2 in Official Trailer [Read On]
  • March 13th, 2017
    UpUpDownDown Reveal Firestorm in NRS Tour [Read On]
  • March 9th, 2017
    Injustice 2: Shattered Alliances Trailer 2 - Regime [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 4

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/07/2013 03:21 PMStatus ::
New Injustice Screenshot Reveals Killer Croc Among Us

It started with a simple, cryptic promise from Creative Director Ed Boon (@noobde), escalated with a live countdown, and concluded with our first look at the Gotham City bruiser - Killer Croc!

Batman's musclebound nemesis appears flanked by a couple of The Dark Knight's less physical foes: The Riddler and Penguin.

This could be perceived as yet another Batman inspired inclusion into the game, but given the composition, we're unable to confirm the playable inclusion of Croc with absolute certainty. This does, however, address a previous teaser from Boon, suggesting the presence of The Penguin somewhere in the game.

Why so much Gotham in a game set in an entire version of the DC Universe? With The Joker at the centre of catalyst events, and Batman emerging to resist Superman's tyrannic New Regime -- it only stands to reason that The Dark Knight would recruit the likes of Catwoman, Nightwing, Harley Quinn and in need of muscle, perhaps even Bane, Solomon Grundy or Lex Luthor!

Update: According to Boon, we'll find out whether or not Killer Croc appears playable in material coming tomorrow:

Killer Croc is Waylon Jones -- a powerful brute with a condition that renders his skin to be like the scaley leather hide of a reptile. Created in 1983, he represesnts a newer breed of Bat-foe, more physically intimidating than some of Batman's best known opponents. In the past, Croc has held a bitter rivalry with Bane -- another of Batman's powerhouse opponents, who held the distinction of brutalizing the aspiring mobster during the famous Knightfall storyline.

Knightfall is clearly on our minds after yesterday's screenshot reveal, which recreated the famous climx that saw Bane break Batman's back! Bane will get his first full gameplay preview Friday when the results of Injustice Battle Arena turn fan votes into executed victory! Discuss all this and more on the DC Universe Injustice forum!

blackcyborgPosted: 02/07/2013 03:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::18499
Nationality::United States
RE: New Injustice Screenshot Reveals Killer Croc Among Us

"Oh no, not another Bat cha..."
shaddup yo face

This is freaking cool! I know a certain someone at trmk, that will be doing backflips once he sees this. He's been hoping for Croc, and I always figured its a longshot. Even if he's not playable, it's pretty darn awesome that he's in the story. The fact that these characters will still play a role in the game, is making me wet myself with excitement!

RiyakouPosted: 02/07/2013 03:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::5623

So...

Solomon Grundy
Harley Quinn
Catwoman
Nightwing
Joker
Deathstroke
Bane
Killer Croc

And of course, Batman.

That makes 9 Batman characters so far. And not a single one is Poison Ivy.

Well, congrats to Killer Croc!

blackcyborgPosted: 02/07/2013 03:35 PMStatus ::

Riyakou Wrote:
So...

Solomon Grundy

Harley Quinn

Catwoman

Nightwing

Joker

Deathstroke

Bane

Killer Croc

And of course, Batman.

Grundy isn't a "Batman character", and neither is Deathstroke.

Grundy is a main DCU villain, mainly featured as a member of the Legion of Doom. He appears in several of the main DC heroes comics. He didn't start out as a Batman character, and never has been one. He's been featured in some of Batman's comics and he made an appearance in Arkham City, but that's it.

Deathstroke is the main villain to the Teen Titans, known as Slade Wilson. I can't even think of a time Deathstroke and Batman have interracted...maybe you are thinking of Deadshot? Which once again, he's not even a Batman character either.

There's 6 confirmed "Batman characters", Croc could merely be featured in a cutscene only, along with Penguin and Riddler.

TheGame100gunzAndClipsPosted: 02/07/2013 03:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::1582

nice! hopefully we get general zod braniac for superman villains

[Killswitch]Posted: 02/07/2013 03:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::18944

Ugh.

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
CasselmanPosted: 02/07/2013 03:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::8455
Nationality::Canada

They could have 20 Batman characters. I wouldn't complain a bit.

Relax, people.

photo Casselman-4_zpsurigoehb.gif
Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
IamTheSPosted: 02/07/2013 03:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::1971

Riyakou Wrote:
So...

Solomon Grundy

Harley Quinn

Catwoman

Nightwing

Joker

Deathstroke

Bane

Killer Croc

And of course, Batman.

Grundy was a villain of the original Green Lantern (Alan Scott) and Deathstroke is most often a foe of the Teen Titans. Both have been escalated to global DC threats though, with Deathstroke even having a very prominent presence in the Arrow TV series.

blackcyborgPosted: 02/07/2013 03:53 PMStatus ::

Casselman Wrote:
They could have 20 Batman characters. I wouldn't complain a bit.

Relax, people.

Yeah, not sure where all this Batman hate is stemming from.

I GET the desire for a variety of heroes, but you can have 6-7 Batman characters and still have quite a good variety when it's all said and done. Not only that, but Batman's rogues gallary alone offers a great deal of variety.

With there being 24-26 characters on the roster, plus an additional 6-8 DLC characters, it's OK if there's 6-8 "Batman characters". Sheesh. Do people complain in Marvel games that there's too many X-men characters? Too many Avengers? Seriously...

Besides, these guys are obviously in cutscenes only, hence the Arkham City models being used. The only one that looks remotely playable, is Croc, and he is still in his Arkham City getup, so it's doubtful. The cutscene looks to be taking place at Arkham, so why not feature these characters in the cinematic?

As you said, people need to relax. First it's "too many ninjas" now it's "too many Batman characters". Yet, they are all unique and fantastic characters. Each is just as deserving as the other. BAtman characters just happen to meet more of the criteria than say: Copperhead, Mirror Master, Professor Zoom etc.

NephritePosted: 02/07/2013 03:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::3641
Nationality::Croatia

Well... If there is another playable Bat character then I hope it's Poison Ivy or Penguin, the zoning master.

Croc's legs are so tiny. :giggles:

The-SilencerPosted: 02/07/2013 03:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::1257
Nationality::Germany

A friend of mine and I are discussing if Killer Croc is really going to be playable or not. As everyone noticed, we can see Riddler and Penguin in the background. What is really interesting about that is the fact that they look rather simple, more like simple background characters.

And now the question arises: why are they there in the first place? It could be a mere cut scene were the Asylum inmates are attacking the Flash, however screenshot looks much too clear in my opinion. Most cutscenes were a little bit blurry.
My friend assumed that this could be some sort of level transition, where Killer Croc grabs the opponent and throws him through a wall, which sounds plausible.

I have my doubts that Killer Croc is going to be a playable character. And yeah, Arkham Asylum designs.

blackcyborgPosted: 02/07/2013 04:01 PMStatus ::

The-Silencer Wrote:
A friend of mine and I are discussing if Killer Croc is really going to be playable or not. As everyone noticed, we can see Riddler and Penguin in the background. What is really interesting about that is the fact that they look rather simple, more like simple background characters.

And now the question arises: why are they there in the first place? It could be a mere cut scene were the Asylum inmates are attacking the Flash, however screenshot looks much too clear in my opinion.

My friend assumed that this could be some sort of level transition, where Killer Croc grabs the opponent and throws him through a wall, which sounds plausible.

I have my doubts that Killer Croc is going to be a playable character.

I think at best, he's fightable in story, and he probably uses Grundy or Bane's moveset. I don't see him being a playable character. They are trying to diversify the roster, and not include anyone who plays too similar. With Grundy and Bane both representing the powerhouse/grappler style, I don't see Croc making the cut. Unless they can think of a unique way to do his moves.

He's likely just part of a cutscene, which I am guessing they took over the Asylum, or are busting out, because it looks like there's a dead guard in the left under Croc's arm in the background. Could also be a level transition as you said. To me, it's clear they have some sort of working relationship with Rocksteady to use some Arkham City models, and they are making full use of it. With the DLC pre-order skins, along with the models for story or an Arkham themed level.

Either way, pretty freaking awesome!

CasselmanPosted: 02/07/2013 04:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::8455
Nationality::Canada

To pass up on characters that are potentially not only great and creative for a fighter, but big for desire; is crazy. Especially when your doing that for "oh I want variety".

You can slice the pie any way you want. But at the end of the day, every one of these characters exist in the DC Universe. Whether or not they have only appeared in Batman, is irrelevant. This is a DC game. They are DC.

Am I just a batman freak? A bit. But I am holding out hope for MartianManhunter(Roster or DLC) more than any other character, at this point.

Stop justifying it, based on what they appeared in. It's so characteristic of the MK community, to be like this. Come on, guys. Appreciate, don't discriminate. That's it.

photo Casselman-4_zpsurigoehb.gif
Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
coltessPosted: 02/07/2013 04:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::5199

Why is no one talking about what's really important here? The Riddler! The Riddler is my favorite Bat villain! And though he's a poor fighter and most likely won't be playable I am psyched at his possible inclusion in the story.

Also, those costumes look very Arkham city-like. Here's hoping Nolan North returns for whatever role ole Oswald plays.

Sig by MINION
GrimmPosted: 02/07/2013 04:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::12940

I'm not thinking that any of the characters in this picture (other than Batman) will be playable. As it was stated in another thread, Croc is wearing a copy and paste version of his Arkham Asylum/City outfit, as is Penguin and Riddler. You may have to fight Croc for story purposes, but I doubt we'll see him as a playable character. Just like fighting Shao Kahn or Goro in MK. Maybe we'll see him as DLC if he's requested enough.

I personally wouldn't mind if he was playable, and seeing as that the look he's sporting in that picture is my favorite look for him, I'd be fine with the way he looks. But seeing as everyone else has a somewhat updated version of their actual comic book selves, I find it hard to believe they'd neglect Croc.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/07/2013 04:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::19128

blackcyborg Wrote:
He's likely just part of a cutscene, which I am guessing they took over the Asylum, or are busting out, because it looks like there's a dead guard in the left under Croc's arm in the background.

Interesting to wonder what their stake in the situation is.

We're pretty sure we'll see opposing factions headed by Superman and Batman. Will Batman team with the devil he knows for the greater good, or is someone like Lex Luthor trying to assemble his own opposition force? We might wonder who's representing the interests of a neutral, mutually despised party like Joker, as well. Lot of ways it could go!

blackcyborg Wrote:
With there being 24-26 characters on the roster, plus an additional 6-8 DLC characters, it's OK if there's 6-8 "Batman characters". Sheesh. Do people complain in Marvel games that there's too many X-men characters? Too many Avengers? Seriously...

It would be a bit more like having too many Iron Man villains in an Avengers project; too many Wolverine villains in an X-Men project. It's the representation of one flavour in an ensemble context. When you go to the company-wide level, people absolutely do complain, for much the same reasons (ie; too many X-Men in a Marvel U game like MvC3).

Fair enough, really. Just depends how well the property orientates itself, and how willing fans are willing to go with it. Injustice doesn't have Justice League or DCU in the title, maybe we need to give over to its own context.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. No whining!
[Killswitch]Posted: 02/07/2013 04:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::18944

I don't even hate Batman, it's just boring seeing everything Bat related so far because that's all it's been. We've been teased with characters left and right and I'm just losing interest at the moment. Until something else comes up at least.

And yes Coltess, The Riddler is my all time favorite bat-villain too.

...and WHERE is Green Lantern gameplay for fuck sakes? C'mon NRS. You can tease Bat things any other time. Give me some god damn GL gameplay...

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
blackcyborgPosted: 02/07/2013 04:16 PMStatus ::

Casselman Wrote:
To pass up on characters that are potentially not only great and creative for a fighter, but big for desire; is crazy. Especially when your doing that for "oh I want variety".

You can slice the pie any way you want. But at the end of the day, every one of these characters exist in the DC Universe. Whether or not they have only appeared in Batman, is irrelevant. This is a DC game. They are DC.

Am I just a batman freak? A bit. But I am holding out hope for MartianManhunter(Roster or DLC) more than any other character, at this point.

Stop justifying it, based on what they appeared in. It's so characteristic of the MK community, to be like this. Come on, guys. Appreciate, don't discriminate. That's it.

Agreed. You and I, we're very much alike when it comes to that thought process. To me, they're all DC. To say "Oh, Batman only gets 5 characters from his franchise" is ridiculous. Batman is well known for having the best overall set of characters, in all of comics, only rivaled by the X-men. I can name 15+ fully fleshed out, popular, recognizable, and diverse characters from Batman's franchise.

I dare you to try that with Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, or anyone else in the DCU.

It's a ridiculous thought process. If this were a WB fighting game, where anyone under the WB liscense could make it, and Mortal Kombat was represented in it, you know darn well people wouldn't be saying "oh, we already have 5 MK characters, no more!".

If they have the character depth to be considered, why should they be limited? Especially when you take characters like Nightwing and Catwoman who have their own comic book series, with their own set of characters and stories seperate from Batman...and the Joker is far beyond just related to Batman.

Sigh...

MKshizzPosted: 02/07/2013 04:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::8600

This might be an interactive stage thingy. You knock the opponent near them and Croc attacks him/her.

That's what I think this is at least.

Thanks to MINION for the sig! My name is Ian, if you really care to know.
blackcyborgPosted: 02/07/2013 04:28 PMStatus ::

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

Fair enough, really. Just depends how well the property orientates itself, and how willing fans are willing to go with it. Injustice doesn't have Justice League or DCU in the title, maybe we need to give over to its own context.

I see the point about the villains. True. BUT, if any of those other characters HAD such great villains to choose from, I don't think they'd be being passed in favor of Batman related ones. It's not that they aren't willing to go beyond Batman, obviously they are including a good variety whether people see it or not...But they have a certain criteria they go by.

1.Recognizability
2.Story potential
3.Obscure

Batman's villains just seem to encorperate those moreso than most of the other heroe's cast of characters.

That's it exactly...that last point you made. It's been one I have stated before. Nowehere and at no time, has this been sold as a Justice League game, or a DCUniverse fighting game. It's it's own thing, with it's own story. They are making their own story, and thus, choosing who best fits what they are looking for. They are going to offer variety, but it has never been about representing all sides and corners of the DCU. This could very well end up being Batman siding with his own villains, against others who side with Superman. It could be anything. However, it has never been about making sure every character has an equal amount of presence. This is not DCUniverse vs. _____. It's simply Injustice: Gods Among Us. They want to tell their own story, using their own cast. Just like any comic, any number of anyone's franchises can be represented to any degree.

People make it seem like it's supposed to be:

10% Batman
10% Superman
10% Wonder Woman
10% Flash
10% Green Lantern
10% Justice League
10% Teen Titans
10% Legion of Doom
20% Rest of the DCU

It's never been marketed as such. Their criteria has always been the same thing stated by Boon in multiple interviews:

1.Recognizability (must be recognizable by most casual fans)
2.Story potential (must have relationships established with other characters in the game)
3.Obscure (some surprises)

Injusticefan14Posted: 02/07/2013 04:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::191
Nationality::Australia

They said a large chunk of the characters were Justice League so im gonna predict that its like 35%/40% Justice League. Side Note: MINION! THIS JUST RAISED MARTIAN MANHUNTER CHANCES (im pretty sure) PENGUIN WAS HINTED AND HES AT LEAST A CAMEO!

Thanks to MINION for this awesome signature
OnagaDragonKingPosted: 02/07/2013 04:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::609
Nationality::Lebanon

Oh man I want Killer Croc in this game so bad, now i have to look at how awesome he could be and can't play as him. Better than nothing but DLCCCC this needs to happen. Like this is a fighting game so it should have its reptile in it lol.

This looks like its gonna be a stage transition on the Arkham map.

RiyakouPosted: 02/07/2013 04:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::5623

blackcyborg Wrote:
Riyakou Wrote:
So...

Solomon Grundy

Harley Quinn

Catwoman

Nightwing

Joker

Deathstroke

Bane

Killer Croc

And of course, Batman.

Grundy isn't a "Batman character", and neither is Deathstroke.

Grundy is a main DCU villain, mainly featured as a member of the Legion of Doom. He appears in several of the main DC heroes comics. He didn't start out as a Batman character, and never has been one. He's been featured in some of Batman's comics and he made an appearance in Arkham City, but that's it.

Deathstroke is the main villain to the Teen Titans, known as Slade Wilson. I can't even think of a time Deathstroke and Batman have interracted...maybe you are thinking of Deadshot? Which once again, he's not even a Batman character either.

There's 6 confirmed "Batman characters", Croc could merely be featured in a cutscene only, along with Penguin and Riddler.

Damnit, I don't know anything about Batman stuff!

I just want Poison Ivy!

And possibly Ra's al Ghul!

Jaded-RavenPosted: 02/07/2013 04:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

Look at how less detailed the three of them are compared to the rest of the roster. I don't think they will be playable.

blackcyborgPosted: 02/07/2013 04:42 PMStatus ::

Riyakou Wrote:

Damnit, I don't know anything about Batman stuff!

I just want Poison Ivy!

And possibly Ra's al Ghul!

Lol, well Batman character inclusions are getting enough hate as it is, I didn't want you blowing up the number more than what it should be lol.

Ivy would make a great inclusion purely based on how awesome her specials would be. Same with Scarecrow and Clayface. I don't think there's another character like any of those 3 in the game, nor was there ever one in any MK game. They have a chance to be something completely different and new.

Ra's is along the same vein, but a little harder to do. Would be the best hand to hand guy out of most of the Bat-villains...but his specials are harder to come up with.

Page of 4

© 1998-2016 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.