Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

What's Next?
Mortal Kombat 11 (81.4%)
MK Action-Adventure (8.2%)
MK HD Re-release (4.1%)
WWE Immortals (0%)
MK Krossover (2.0%)
MK Special Forces (2.0%)
Other (2.0%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • May 23rd, 2018
    MKX Mobile Summer 2018 Character & Gear Update [Read On]
  • May 19th, 2018
    Book of Souls Kombat Encyclopaedia Now Free eBook [Read On]
  • April 29th, 2018
    Shao Kahn Overthrows Onaga in PCS 1:3 Scale Statue [Read On]
  • April 18th, 2018
    DC Announces Injustice vs He-Man [Read On]
  • April 16th, 2018
    Classic Superman Brings Golden Age to Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/11/2013 07:54 PMStatus ::
Battle Arena Week 2: Flash v Capt. Marvel, Joker v Luthor

The court of public opinion is now in session! Injustice Battle Arena is pitting the heroes and villains of the upcoming DC Entertainment fighting game against one another in mortal combat! It's up to fans to decide who will win in the ultimate tournament of Gods Among Us!

New battles unfold every Monday as we count down to the release of Injustice: Gods Among Us! Fans will vote in an elemination style bracket until the grand final decides the ultimate God Among Us, April 8!

Can't decide who would win these epic showdowns? Listen to the expert testimony of these special eye witnesses: Stephen Amell (TV's Green Arrow), Kevin Smith & Jason "Melons" Mewes (Jay & Silent Bob), Wayne Brady & Tara Strong (Guy your mom loves & voice of Harley Quinn)! The opinions are real, the names have not been changed. Kevin Conroy was asked to participate, but just kept voting for Batman. (No, not really. He did that last week!).

Superfight 1: The Flash versus Captain Marvel
The question of the superhero reserve raises its head as the fastest man alive clashes with the world's mightiest mortal! Superspeed gives Flash the right of first move in any battle, but against the sheer power of Captain Marvel, that might not matter! The power of Shazam grants tremendous physical strength and endrance, as well as deceptive insight. If the Flash isn't fighting to kill, then the Captain could have the edge, defending against speed with brute force, before unleashing his own flash attack - the lightning ambush!

Superfight 2: The Joker versus Lex Luthor
It's the clown prince of crime against the brilliant criminal mastermind! Sheer insanity versus unrivaled brilliance! The mental battle between Joker and Lex Luthor is a clash of contrasts. Insanity could very well be Joker's edge, but Lex Luthor comes prepared, packing hardware enough to topple The Man of Steel! Joker can take a yolking and keep on joking, but even his casual penchant for lethal force will struggle to mitigate the focused assault of Lex Luthor!

As promised, Battle Arena Superfights Week 2 is the official confirmation of Captain Marvel's inclusion as a playable character in the game. The same site, of course, accidentally leaked his existence a week early, but we'll call it even (because there's no way we'll call it "Shazam").

Visit the Injustice Battle Arena for updates each week. Tell us who you think should win and engage in the combat of opinions on the DC Universe Injustice forum! Injustice: Gods Among Us hits home consoles April 16 (17, Australia; 19, Europe).

Led_AuditorePosted: 02/11/2013 07:59 PMStatus ::

Visits::2092
Nationality::United States
RE: Battle Arena Week 2: Flash v Capt. Marvel, Joker v Luthor

So what happen when the final victor is shown? Do we get like an alternate costume of grand winner? Anywaya I voted Flash n Joker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic -courtesy from MINION-
smokeman14Posted: 02/11/2013 08:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::6406

CAPTAIN MARVEL and Joker were my picks.

blackcyborgPosted: 02/11/2013 08:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::18499

Definitely a tough choice on both accounts.

Cap M vs. Flash:
-I like both characters. My reason for giving Flash the edge, is because he has the speed advantage, by far, and his powers are just hard to beat, even for Superman. Cap M is fast, but Flash is supposed to be in a league of his own. If he can run around the world, use speed force, kinetic energy, time travel etc. He should be able to get in enough shots to make it count before Cap M even knows what's going on. Cap has the strength and smarts advantage, but Flash is just too fast. He could sew Billy's mouth shut before he even gets a letter out, and even if he didn't he could go back in time to do so. Flash wins.

Joker vs. Luthor:
-Another close one, could go either way. Similar to the previous one, Lex has the strength and smarts advantage, but with Joker, nothing is ever certain. He'll find a way to beat you, that you originally thought would be a victory for you. Be it sending the coordinates of a loved one to Harley, to kill them if Lex kills him, or just some other random thing. Joker blew up a city filled with women and children etc., just to break 1 man. He broke his own neck, just to frame Batman. Lex, although evil, would not go to that extent. Joker is obsessed with breaking people on the inside, whereas Lex just wants power. Joker has the edge just purely based on the lengths he'll go to, and the pure crazy unpredictable logic. Joker also has plenty of gadgets and weaponry in his own right.

Went with Flash and Joker.

BADASS6669Posted: 02/11/2013 08:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

Captain & Joker for Power and popularity

We all know that it will end up being Superman vs Batman in the final

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
blackcyborgPosted: 02/11/2013 08:35 PMStatus ::

I feel like people don't quite know just how powerful Flash is, he's being grossly underestimated from what I am seeing. Some even going as far as to say if he wins, it's because of popularity. That's extremely untrue. He can beat Cap M. He can beat just about anyone.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/11/2013 08:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::19708

Speed of Mercury, bro. PLUS SHAZA! Tough call, tough call.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
thehunterPosted: 02/11/2013 08:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::8
Nationality::Argentina

The Flash and The Joker

blackcyborgPosted: 02/11/2013 09:04 PMStatus ::

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
Speed of Mercury, bro. PLUS SHAZA! Tough call, tough call.

Speed of Mercury is nothing compared to just how fast the Flash can go though. The Flash is faster than anyone can even wrap their minds around. Superman is as fast if not faster than Cap M, and the Flash is far faster than Superman, to the point it's not even close. Also, Flash can hit harder than Superman.

Killzone on TYM did the math, using a prime example of his speed:

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/2/24823/533265-522446_jla89pg012jd8zn0ao_super_super.jpg

Light travels at roughly 187,000 mps.

He traveled a distance of 70 miles carrying 1 person sometimes two, so let's say he carried 1.5 people each time. Which means he travelled 70 miles 354,667 times. (Half a million people). That makes 24,826,690 miles. He does that in .00001 MICROSECONDS, that is 10^(-11) seconds.

That means he was travelling 2,482,669,000,000,000,000 mps, or about 2.5 quintillion miles per second. That is approximately 13 trillion times the speed of light.

I can't give any better example of Flash's power, so i'll just use one already posted on TYM to hopefully open up some eyes/minds to Flash's potential, and how a lot of people's opinions of him are extremely underestimating him:

"Now, I don't know how many of you dogs of the scurviest sea read comics, but I do a big pile of comics. One thing that blows my mind is how completely insane the powers in the DC universe are. Look at Superman. This guy has more powers than French restaurants have ways to say "your taste in wine is atrocious". He has powers to do with every part of his body and then some. He forgets powers sometimes. He can shoot heat rays out of his eyes, frost breath from his mouth and red son radiation from his ass. He's that sort of crazy dude. All because he absorbs solar radiation.

Look at Batman. His power? The anti-power. Sure, he should be some tame, kung fun master of not much, but instead he's the hottest shit to ever shit on a plate. You got a power? He'll find your weakness and give you seizures or heart attacks. He'll light you on fire when you're sleeping or make you recharge your green lantern ring in the power outlet. Ten thousand volts of fuck you batman. That's Batman.

But the fucking Flash, my god, my FUCKING GOD, this man has the greatest powers of all. If Superman's powers are being sucked off by twin super models and batman coming home to discover your wife is not only bisexual but has two friends she wants you to 'get in on' then the Flash is an orgy with a thousand women who also want to pay your World of Warcraft billing. And click the mouse for you. This man is just that fucking hot. They have to power him down in the comics half the time just to keep him from doing everyone else's job.

Ok first off, he can travel at lightspeed. Mother fuck! Not only does he travel at lightspeed, but time slows down for him. So he feels like he's having a casual jog or reading the paper, meanwhile, his feet are moving so fast you can hear him coming from Montana while he's already gotten to Arizona. That's fucking fast. But wait! The ability to move at Lightspeed just isn't fucking enough!

I know! Christ this guy can punch you so many times in a second you've been hit five times in the cock and two times everywhere else. You think you're about to fight the Flash and then it hits you, for the last split second he's beaned your beanbags with more blows than you had sperm. But no, there's more!

The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain't no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into shit but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be "okay" afterwards or FUCKING EXPLODE. That's right. He can run through you and make you blow up by transfering kinetic energy into you. Like Jesus. IT's bad enough you can't hit this guy, but he doesn't even have to punch you. Now your testicles have exploded and you're thinking you're about to hit him. Jesus? Just give it up. He's the fucking Flash.

Now imagine that somehow there's someone who can get around the Flash blowing your balls up secret ninja technique. Ok. He can also control the flow of energy between objects. This power makes no sense but basically he can throw a rock at you, and you think it's going slow and then he's like WHOOHOOO WIZARDLY FLASH POWERS and bam it's going at lightspeed. So he can throw seven million rocks at you in a second then make them all goes different speeds thus striking your nads with seven million rocks one after the other.

But wait! There's more! He can also take energy from the very power of speed and make clothes out of it. Yes. Flash makes his pants out of GOES FAST. The man is so fast he can make Flash pants that GOES FAST go right into. I don't even start to understand the physics of that but basically SPEED == REALLY TIGHT UNDERWEAR AND COOL LIGHTNING THINGIES OVER THE EAR. You would think this is the end of it but ok let's say Flash is fighting Superman and shit he's going to lose and FUCK how is Superman THIS fucking strong? I don't know he must be Superman fused with Batman into some sort of guy with tons of plans on how to punch you far harder than anyone else ok to end it off the Flash can GO BACK OR FORWARD IN TIME ON COMMAND.

How do you beat this dude? You're thinking you're hashing him good, laying down the beatdown, missing your balls and suddenly BAM YOUR MOM FELL DOWN THE STAIRS TWENTY YEARS AGO and there's a dent in your forehead and Superman not thunk so gud no more. Actually she didn't fall down the stairs the Flash put speed into them so they fell up her! Fuck you Flash! You moved the stairs to Soviet fucking russia! RUSH-A! Bitch.

While it's too late to change any votes, I hope this at least helps some people better understand the character of Flash. He's not just a wise cracking speedster that can move quickly.

oraclePosted: 02/11/2013 09:09 PMStatus ::

Visits::9374

Does Flash ever travel that fast and not die?
Also Captain Marvel just needs to trip him.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
blackcyborgPosted: 02/11/2013 09:12 PMStatus ::

oracle Wrote:
Does Flash ever travel that fast and not die?

Also Captain Marvel just needs to trip him.

You can't trip someone who can phase through you. Heh

"The Flash can also vibrate through walls. Now last I heard, you can not move so fast you can vibrate through walls, so what actually happens is the Flash is so fast he can pick and choose the movement of his individual molecules and move them through other solid objects, phasing through solid matter like it ain't no thing. I mean you think a guy who runs at lightspeed would run into shit but no, the Flash just goes right through them. To top that with a cherry and some whipped cream (which the Flash made in like a millisecond, fucker) he can selectively choose to cause objects to be "okay" afterwards or FUCKING EXPLODE"

KcinTnargPosted: 02/11/2013 09:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::6958

Am I the only one but does anybody else hate the host of Battle Arena? I mean she's very pretty but she's also pretty annoying back on topic, I voted for The Joker and Captain Marvel so who are we getting next week? Maybe Green Arrow vs. Nightwing, Green Lantern vs. Grundy or Superman vs. Doomsday?

oraclePosted: 02/11/2013 09:21 PMStatus ::

blackcyborg Wrote:
You can't trip someone who can phase through you. Heh

Does he ever do that at the drop of a hat Kitty Pryde style though? From what I remember (admittedly I'm not up on my Flash) he's pretty much solid.

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/11/2013 09:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::19708

Vibrating through stuff usually takes a bit of time, so Cap cuts Flash off before he can get any momentum, lays down a nasty bearhug -- instead of just crushing him, though, he lightly toasts him with the Shazam lightning bolt, then uses his mighty jaws to eat him bite by bite.

Except he never actually does that, so it probably doesn't count.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
Joe-Von-ZombiePosted: 02/11/2013 09:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::3910

I vote Stephen Amell, yummy!

Photobucket Sig by MINION
RiyakouPosted: 02/11/2013 09:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::5625

Flash
Joker

I really just chose the Flash because I hate Captain Marvel. As for the Joker, you can't really defeat someone who has no weaknesses. Nothing bothers the Joker, nothing hurts the Joker, and he is always two steps ahead.

Even if you kill him, the Joker wins.

JLU51306Posted: 02/11/2013 09:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::1475

blackcyborg Wrote:
I feel like people don't quite know just how powerful Flash is, he's being grossly underestimated from what I am seeing. Some even going as far as to say if he wins, it's because of popularity. That's extremely untrue. He can beat Cap M. He can beat just about anyone.

I'm looking at it this way. The Flash runs at the speed of light, or near it. Captain Marvel summons lightning (aka light), not to mention Cap has the Speed of Hermes, Power of Zeus, Wisdom of Solomon, ect. Giving him the edge.

photo blackadamsig2_zpsd5a1bf0f.jpg Signature by MINION
[Killswitch]Posted: 02/11/2013 09:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::19257

Captain Marvel and Lex maaaaaaaan.

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
blackcyborgPosted: 02/11/2013 10:28 PMStatus ::

JLU51306 Wrote:
blackcyborg Wrote:

I'm looking at it this way. The Flash runs at the speed of light, or near it. Captain Marvel summons lightning (aka light), not to mention Cap has the Speed of Hermes, Power of Zeus, Wisdom of Solomon, ect. Giving him the edge.

You must not have read my post. Flash moves approximately 13 trillion times the speed of light. Don't think lightning is much of a threat at all.

I still think you guys are grossly underestimating Flash, completely dismissing what he can do in favor of what Cap M can do.

And how do you trip a man going aaprox. 13 trillion times the speed of light, and you have to understand time slows waaaaaaaaaay down for him. Its not like he goes so fast and loses control and awareness.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 02/11/2013 10:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

I'm treating the whole thing as a popularity contest. I'm not terribly concerned who could actually beat who. The important thing to me is that Shazam winning means we get even more gameplay out of the character in a future match. We already have a lot of a quality high-level footage of Flash.

New sig on the way
JLU51306Posted: 02/11/2013 10:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::1475

blackcyborg Wrote: You must not have read my post. Flash moves approximately 13 trillion times the speed of light. Don't think lightning is much of a threat at all. I still think you guys are grossly underestimating Flash, completely dismissing what he can do in favor of what Cap M can do. And how do you trip a man going aaprox. 13 trillion times the speed of light, and you have to understand time slows waaaaaaaaaay down for him. Its not like he goes so fast and loses control and awareness.
From what I understand of the Flash, and his power coming from the Speed Force, while yes, the math you posted adds up, it is flawed from the start. Yes, Flash runs at the speed of light and over it (13 trillion times faster is really moot to begin with), he doesn't do so because when he does it causes him to time travel. So running faster than the speed of light is impractical and pointless for him to do. And to my knowledge, he has only ran faster than the speed of light when he wanted to time travel.

photo blackadamsig2_zpsd5a1bf0f.jpg Signature by MINION
blackcyborgPosted: 02/11/2013 11:00 PMStatus ::

JLU51306 Wrote:
blackcyborg Wrote: You must not have read my post. Flash moves approximately 13 trillion times the speed of light. Don't think lightning is much of a threat at all.

I still think you guys are grossly underestimating Flash, completely dismissing what he can do in favor of what Cap M can do.

And how do you trip a man going aaprox. 13 trillion times the speed of light, and you have to understand time slows waaaaaaaaaay down for him. Its not like he goes so fast and loses control and awareness.

From what I understand of the Flash, and his power coming from the Speed Force, while yes, the math you posted adds up, it is flawed from the start. Yes, Flash runs at the speed of light and over it (13 trillion times faster is really moot to begin with), he doesn't do so because when he does it causes him to time travel. So running faster than the speed of light is impractical and pointless for him to do. And to my knowledge, he has only ran faster than the speed of light when he wanted to time travel.

Ok, time travel, goes back and stops billy batson from ever existing, or gaining powers, or saying shazam...any of it. There.

I just don't see it as a cap victory. And I think the points made in the original post, show flash has far more potential. But people are seemingly all for cap regardless.

Its all opinion in the end, but if you actually weigh the facts, their potentials, histories, and everything said...I don't see how cap m beats flash.

SailorJeradPosted: 02/11/2013 11:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::1805

I voted Flash and the Joker. Its a toss up on both...

Did anyone by chance get a free character skin this time? If so what skin was it?

oraclePosted: 02/11/2013 11:40 PMStatus ::

blackcyborg Wrote:
And I think the points made in the original post, show flash has far more potential.
That's the thing for me at least. It's all very hypothetical. Like how Jean Grey can do ANYTHING but she very rarely does ANYTHING, you know? Like the Flash could in theory do all of those things but since when does he?

Led_AuditorePosted: 02/11/2013 11:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::2092

SailorJerad Wrote:
I voted Flash and the Joker. Its a toss up on both...

Did anyone by chance get a free character skin this time? If so what skin was it?

Still the same bonuses from last week: Arrow costume and PS3 theme or X360 Flash shirt

Image and video hosting by TinyPic -courtesy from MINION-
Page of 2

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.