Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/22/2013 08:01 PMStatus ::
Battle Arena Week 3: Superfight 2 - Green Lantern v Grundy

Sixteen of the toughest heroes and villains are set to duke it out in a tournament called Injustice Battle Arena! Fans voted - now the verdict is in! Watch as the result of Green Lantern versus Solomon Grundy plays out in Week 3's Superfight 2!

In brightest day, in blackest night, no evil shall escape Green Lantern's light! The intergalactic space cop has Sector 2814 all wrapped up -- protecting against the undying terror of Solomon Grundy! Born on a Monday; the unstoppable beast born of Slaughter Swamp may have been one of the deadliest foes to face GL's precursor and namesake, but against the will powered ring of the Green Lantern Corps (and the vote of fans), Grundy is no match! Not even a tombstone piledriver can put the ring slinger away!

Green Lantern moves on to the next round, joining your Week 1 & Week 2 winners: Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash & Joker! Stay tuned Monday for the final week of the first round Battle Arena Superfights!

Keep up to date with the bracket and previews with our Battle Arena Announcement Hub! Debate the results and discuss each stage on the DC Universe Injustice forum!

smokeman14Posted: 02/22/2013 08:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::6406
Nationality::United States
RE: Battle Arena Week 3: Superfight 2 - Green Lantern v Grundy

I can imagine the Guardians in the background going "wtf is going on?" during Green Lantern's super move.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 02/22/2013 08:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Grundy's Tombstone Piledriver is the best!

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
RazorsEdge701Posted: 02/22/2013 08:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::20795

Y'know, frankly GL's moves look more boring than I was expecting. The super was cool, but the rest...eh. Where's the giant boxing glove, y'know?

And he doesn't seem to talk as much as other characters. Why doesn't he recite any of the famous lines from the Oath like "In brightest day, in blackest night..." or "beware my power", in his intro or win poses? I'm hoping he's just unfinished.

fijikungfuPosted: 02/22/2013 08:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::5080

I like Solomon Grundy's chant midfight, but seriously how do you stop Grundy from using his Super Move on you, cuz he couldn't be stopped.

-Courtesy of TheCypher-
SubMan799Posted: 02/22/2013 08:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::15190
Nationality::Vatican City

These guys look like they're a lot of fun to play with, especially Grundy.

smokeman14Posted: 02/22/2013 08:56 PMStatus ::

fijikungfu Wrote:
I like Solomon Grundy's chant midfight, but seriously how do you stop Grundy from using his Super Move on you, cuz he couldn't be stopped.

Keep away?

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 02/22/2013 09:00 PMStatus ::

smokeman14 Wrote:
fijikungfu Wrote:

Keep away?

I was going to say that too.

JLU51306Posted: 02/22/2013 09:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::1475

Anyone notice that giant chest plate in the background of the stage? Looks like the Anti-Monitors "husk". Also, on the far right stage of the map (can't remember if it's before or after the stage transition), Grundy grabs an interactable that had a giant brain on it. The Brain, anyone?

Also, it looks like Grundy and GL both have a damage enhance move.

photo blackadamsig2_zpsd5a1bf0f.jpg Signature by MINION
SmokeNc-017Posted: 02/22/2013 09:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::12953

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Y'know, frankly GL's moves look more boring than I was expecting. The super was cool, but the rest...eh. Where's the giant boxing glove, y'know?

And he doesn't seem to talk as much as other characters. Why doesn't he recite any of the famous lines from the Oath like "In brightest day, in blackest night..." or "beware my power", in his intro or win poses? I'm hoping he's just unfinished.

Did any of the characters talk during their match? I can't think of any of them being all that chatty.

As for his moves. I like that they don't betray the character. Jordan's a test pilot and a military man. So he's going to have the gatling gun construct, the jet turbine. The bullet. The brick wall throw was nice.

art by fear-sAs
RazorsEdge701Posted: 02/22/2013 09:18 PMStatus ::

SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
Did any of the characters talk during their match? I can't think of any of them being all that chatty.

As for his moves. I like that they don't betray the character. Jordan's a test pilot and a military man. So he's going to have the gatling gun construct, the jet turbine. The bullet. The brick wall throw was nice.

According to his trailer, Green Arrow talks alot mid-fight. Batman has "Get down here", Cyborg's "Booyah" appears to be a taunt, and Grundy recited half a goddamn nursery rhyme as part of a combo.

SmokeNc-017Posted: 02/22/2013 09:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::12953

RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
SmokeNc-017 Wrote:

According to his trailer, Green Arrow talks alot mid-fight. Batman has "Get down here", Cyborg's "Booyah" appears to be a taunt, and Grundy recited half a goddamn nursery rhyme as part of a combo.

I don't think Jordan has the kind of personality that lends itself well to quips. But if he does have one, it might've been a construct we haven't seen yet. Or like you said, he might not be finished. I think if you want trash talk though, that's Guy or Kyle's department.

art by fear-sAs
oraclePosted: 02/22/2013 09:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::9365

Can we talk about how in the screen shot Grundy looks like he's about to bang Hal. Like what?

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TemperaryUserNamePosted: 02/22/2013 10:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

Grundy looks very promising. In the history of fighting games, there aren't many mid-tier grapplers. Grapplers are either A-tier or D-tier. I'm not calling anything yet, but I can already see a lot of smart design choices for Grundy. First off, he has a ground move that shackles the opponent, and it seems to have quick start up. His throws convert into huge corner damage (though it was hard to tell what exactly was a full combo and what was two combos bridged by a reset). His super ends with the opponent in sweep distance of him, so he's going to get free oki setups. Considering how good tick throws are in MK9, that's going make Grundy terrifying to play against.

And that dash speed?!?!?!?! WTF?!?!?! lol. If only Zangief had that shit.

I'm with the crowd on Green Lantern. I was expecting a lot more visually. He does look solid though, but I can't figure out what his gameplay philosophy is. He seems like a zoner with his projectiles and the anti-air throw slam, though that'd be disappointing because I traditionally don't users zoners in tournament. I'm sure he'll have a decent rushdown, but I'm just not seeing it in the video.

Considering how much cooler they made Deathstroke from his MKvcDC rendition, I was hoping Lantern would have the same level of change. The change is there I guess, but they made him more more subtle than in MKvsDC. In my opinion, Green Lantern isn't the kind of character who benefits from subtly.

New sig on the way
GodlyShinnokPosted: 02/22/2013 10:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::4818
Nationality::Panama

And I was thinking Grundy was boring as hell. Was expecting a lot more from the Lantern.

RazorsEdge701Posted: 02/22/2013 11:04 PMStatus ::

SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
I don't think Jordan has the kind of personality that lends itself well to quips.

Well he's no Spider-Man, but he's not the silent type either. I think every character in this game should have a few mid-match voice clips, along the lines of Mileena or Jax in MK9 if not Johnny Cage, since they all have around 60 years worth of history, personality, and catchphrases to draw from.

Again, how can you have Green Lantern NOT say "In brightest day, in blackest night" or "Beware my power" anywhere?

oraclePosted: 02/23/2013 12:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::9365

The "In brightest day..." quote will undoubtedly show up somewhere in the game.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
smokeman14Posted: 02/23/2013 12:57 AMStatus ::

Anyone who's dissapointed with Hal, take a look at Aquaman vs Cyborg. Now compare that to the Aquaman combat trailer. There's a lot more in store.

blackcyborgPosted: 02/23/2013 01:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::18499

smokeman14 Wrote:
Anyone who's dissapointed with Hal, take a look at Aquaman vs Cyborg. Now compare that to the Aquaman combat trailer. There's a lot more in store.

It's been confirmed they purposely held back on the gameplay of the winners. Someone stated on TYM that they prob. held back on GL in the Grundy fight, so that there was still stuff to be seen in the following fights. To which Hector made a quote reply, with an image clapping.

MINIONPosted: 02/23/2013 02:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469

As a general rule of thumb, I never do this. But I had to for this haha...

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
DetoxPosted: 02/23/2013 02:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::4247

MINION Wrote:
As a general rule of thumb, I never do this. But I had to for this haha...

Solomon Grundy...Gettin sexy on a monday...

All jokes aside, I'm so happy to see how awesome Grundy is turning out. I think he'll absolutely be in my top 3.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
NephritePosted: 02/23/2013 05:11 AMStatus ::

Visits::3777
Nationality::Croatia

I'm not too impressed with Lantern's gameplay (it's not bad either), but I really like his win pose and the way the voice actor says the line.

ZentilePosted: 02/23/2013 02:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::13932
Nationality::Portugal

Too bad Lantern's ultra move is so uncreative... I wish they had done more with the lantern powers, but oh well.

daryuiPosted: 02/23/2013 04:28 PMStatus ::

Visits::6111

And I believe Grundy just blew Bane out of the water. I do know that one of them will be the second grappler I'll play in a fighting game.

Green Lantern looks to have a longer start-up on his specials... Eh. Need to see more.

Would be cool if the later rounds showed off alternate costumes.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 02/23/2013 07:38 PMStatus ::

daryui Wrote:
And I believe Grundy just blew Bane out of the water. I do know that one of them will be the second grappler I'll play in a fighting game.

It was that Tombstone Piledriver wasn't it?

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.