Spoilers* new injustice issue! Chapter 9 [Issue #3]
posted03/12/2013 11:15 PM (UTC)by
Heavy-Rain
Spoiler

Ares is in it!

http://testyourmight.com/threads/ares-god-of-war-appears-in-injustice-comic-9.28604/

So Robin, Raven, and Ares all appear in the comics hmm.
KcinTnarg
03/12/2013 02:07 AM (UTC)
That's cool to finally see Ares, I'm still guessing that Ares, Raven, Black Adam and Killer Frost are the remaining characters to be revealed for gameplay, which leaves Doomsday being one of the sub-bosses.
warrior
03/12/2013 02:25 AM (UTC)
Can someone post an Image of Aries? I dont wanna wait til it comes out in stores. hehe
BADASS6669
About Me

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in.

I kill people for a living. Get over it.

03/12/2013 02:59 AM (UTC)
KcinTnarg Wrote:
That's cool to finally see Ares, I'm still guessing that Ares, Raven, Black Adam and Killer Frost are the remaining characters to be revealed for gameplay, which leaves Doomsday being one of the sub-bosses.

I agree 100%
MKshizz
About Me

Thanks to MINION for the sig! My name is Ian, if you really care to know.

03/12/2013 03:19 AM (UTC)
BADASS6669 Wrote:
KcinTnarg Wrote:

I agree 100%

This would disappoint me.

I really want MM.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
03/12/2013 03:25 AM (UTC)
Wouldn't the fact that Doomsday is the Gamestop character reveal mean he IS playable?

I'd love for Doomsday to be a Sub-Boss so we can get another character slot, but after seeing him fight the Joker in the Battle Arena trailer, I'm starting to lose hope.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

03/12/2013 03:39 AM (UTC)
The fact that he's the gamestop reveal, in my mind, shoots down hope of him being a sub boss. Or if he is, he'll at least be a playable sub boss.
JLU51306
About Me

Signature by MINION

03/12/2013 03:46 AM (UTC)
A lot of people said both Sinestro and Black Adam wouldn't be playable, despite evidence otherwise. Same thing with Ares and Doomsday. I'm more than positive the roster is going to be between 26-28, plenty of room for other character still.

With Doomsday and Black Adam added to the roster count, the total is 21 characters thus far. With Ares, Raven, and the unidentified female from the leaked achievement, that brings the total to 24.

That means there are still 2-4 characters we have absolutely no clue about. As long as Martian Manhunter is confirmed, I would be happy to not know the remaining slots until launch.
KcinTnarg
03/12/2013 05:50 AM (UTC)
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Wouldn't the fact that Doomsday is the Gamestop character reveal mean he IS playable?

I'd love for Doomsday to be a Sub-Boss so we can get another character slot, but after seeing him fight the Joker in the Battle Arena trailer, I'm starting to lose hope.

What if the Battle Arena trailer was just showing off the sub-boss battle which takes place in the Fortress of Solitude.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
03/12/2013 07:25 AM (UTC)
KcinTnarg Wrote:
What if the Battle Arena trailer was just showing off the sub-boss battle which takes place in the Fortress of Solitude.

That's true. I guess the model when it was next to the Joker's looked really underwhelming, and I thought to myself, "could this guy really be the sub-boss?"

However, maybe Doomsday will be like Bloody Marie from Skullgirls. When I first saw her, I thought "she's the boss?" Seriously?" Then, I saw her fight animations... and I shat myself.

Skullgirls is stupidly underrated, btw. The game's story mode is a total gem, and the engine is brilliant.
LucaTurilli
03/12/2013 03:17 PM (UTC)
KcinTnarg Wrote:

There's all the chance in the world that there are more than 24 playable characters. Changing a character select screen would take no time at all for them. I even recall reading that Hector said there'd be more than 24 characters.

Also, Gamestop flat-out said Doomsday was going to be playable.
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

03/12/2013 04:18 PM (UTC)
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Skullgirls is stupidly underrated, btw. The game's story mode is a total gem, and the engine is brilliant.

Thanks, I'm going to check to check it out now.

LucaTurilli Wrote:
There's all the chance in the world that there are more than 24 playable characters. Changing a character select screen would take no time at all for them. I even recall reading that Hector said there'd be more than 24 characters.

He did say that here at 2:25 that the character select screen was a "decoy".
JLU51306 Wrote:
A lot of people said both Sinestro and Black Adam wouldn't be playable, despite evidence otherwise. Same thing with Ares and Doomsday. I'm more than positive the roster is going to be between 26-28, plenty of room for other character still.

With Doomsday and Black Adam added to the roster count, the total is 21 characters thus far. With Ares, Raven, and the unidentified female from the leaked achievement, that brings the total to 24.

That means there are still 2-4 characters we have absolutely no clue about. As long as Martian Manhunter is confirmed, I would be happy to not know the remaining slots until launch.

i still think hawkman will be one of those 4. i mean how could he not afterall he is a member of the jsa/jla
KcinTnarg
03/12/2013 06:55 PM (UTC)
TheGame100gunzAndClips Wrote:
JLU51306 Wrote:

i still think hawkman will be one of those 4. i mean how could he not afterall he is a member of the jsa/jla

Ed Boon has said that Hawkman will not be in this game.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
03/12/2013 07:43 PM (UTC)
I knew I would like Ares' look. Part of me was holding out. He looks amazing! Hoping he makes the final cut.
KcinTnarg Wrote:
TheGame100gunzAndClips Wrote:
JLU51306 Wrote:

Ed Boon has said that Hawkman will not be in this game.

hey im just saying you cant always trust boon

for all we know he can end up being dlc come san diago comic con

daryui
About Me
03/12/2013 09:42 PM (UTC)
Ed has made it clear on multiple occasions that Hawkman will never be in a game he works on.

As for Ares, he has the best design in the game by far.
daryui Wrote:
Ed has made it clear on multiple occasions that Hawkman will never be in a game he works on.

you got a link otherwise your reply is invalid

daryui
About Me
03/12/2013 10:30 PM (UTC)
Here Try around 1:44:48
LucaTurilli
03/12/2013 10:49 PM (UTC)
I don't think Ed has the power to make that call. If D.C. or WB want Hawkman in an NRS game, then he's in.

Anyway, moving onto this week's comic... I felt it was the weakest so far.

I like the story. Ares being afraid of what Clark and Diana's union could mean for him... but I wasn't a fan of the dialogue.

Diana saying, "I will be whatever he needs me to be", in reference to her being Superman's mate... doesn't seem like the way she'd approach something like that.

Also, her mocking Ares, calling him the "God of Ponies", seemed a bit too juvenile. Sounds like something a 5 year-old would say.

Superman saying "You dare!" to a God? Not really his style either, despite having taken the role of all-encompassing law.
smokeman14
03/12/2013 10:56 PM (UTC)
LucaTurilli Wrote:
Also, her mocking Ares, calling him the "God of Ponies", seemed a bit too juvenile. Sounds like something a 5 year-old would say.

She says that? Man, that's really stupid, even to me.
LucaTurilli
03/12/2013 11:00 PM (UTC)
smokeman14 Wrote:

It probably sounds worse out of context. Ares was worried that a union between Supes and Wondy would end all war on Earth. So Diana says, "maybe you could be a god of something more gentle... a God of Ponies."
smokeman14
03/12/2013 11:04 PM (UTC)
LucaTurilli Wrote:
smokeman14 Wrote:

It probably sounds worse out of context. Ares was worried that a union between Supes and Wondy would end all war on Earth. So Diana says, "maybe you could be a god of something more gentle... a God of Ponies."

Eh, still sounds kinda stupid. I think "God of Friendship" would have been better.
Siroj
About Me

03/12/2013 11:07 PM (UTC)
Ares, the first Brony in the pantheon!

I was watching a compilation video of several fights, and there is this one stage that seems to be a musuem of sorts, a monument to the tragedy that has befallen Metropolis when Joker (or should I say Superman?) set off that bomb. There is this one glass stand that has a torn Robin shirt next to, what looks like, Hawkman's broken helmet. If that's the case, than it looks like Hawkman died in the explosion, together with Robin. Or maybe it's Red Robin, thinking back about the scene between Nightwing and Raven in the last issue.
LucaTurilli
03/12/2013 11:07 PM (UTC)
smokeman14 Wrote:
Eh, still sounds kinda stupid. I think "God of Friendship" would have been better.

God of Peace :P
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.