Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 03/21/2013 04:25 PMStatus ::
Injustice Season Pass Forecasts Four DLC Characters

Additional downloadable content has been on the table since Injustice: Gods Among Us was first announced, way back in mid-2012. With the official endorsement of a Season Pass, DLC gets a little more tangible as we race toward an April release!

Like Mortal Kombat before it [more], it looks as if a DLC Season Pass will buy you four additional characters, with an incentive saving of one hero (or villain).

Additionally; the season pass guarantees three alternate character skins inspired by the Flashpoint comics event. Aquaman, Deathstroke & Wonder Woman offer a bit of variety for the skins -- Emperor Aquaman seen in greater detail in a recent screenshot reveal.

As to the identity of the mystery four characters -- that's ripe for speculation! With an expected playable cast of twenty-odd characters [twenty-two of which have been revealed], and a lot of big talk about content volume and fan satisfaction -- four hardly seems enough!

Popular icons like Martian Manhunter, Doctor Fate, Darkseid & Killer Croc are among those expected to be consigned to cameo appearances come April. Back in 2012; Mortal Kombat Online considered some of the Heroes & Villains we'd love to see, offering a few more possibilities for DLC extras.

Downloadable content has been a major part of the pre-release agenda for Injustice: Gods Among Us. Exclusive pre-order bonus packs promote DLC codes for Superman: Red Son, Blackest Night, Arkham City & The CW's Arrow. Future plans for this DLC and others remains as yet unspecified.

Will you be taking advantage of the Season Pass? Which characters do you hope or expect to see? Check out the new Harley Quinn Trailer to expand your horizons of imagination and tell us more on the DC Universe Injustice forum!

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 03/21/2013 04:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084
Nationality::United States
RE: Injustice Season Pass Forecasts Four DLC Characters

None of the silhouettes look like Blue Beetle.

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
Or a woman for that matter. Seriously, where the fuck is Powergirl?

EDIT: and yes, I know. Silhouettes aren't always indicative. As a matter of fact, I KNOW they're not indicative because none of them look like Lobo.

New sig on the way
Led_AuditorePosted: 03/21/2013 04:58 PMStatus ::

Visits::2092

I wonder if this bundle will also include bonus/classic costumes?

MK did with the extra charcaters it got and they were free too if you got the compatibility add or later in the final MK update

Image and video hosting by TinyPic -courtesy from MINION-
evilekimPosted: 03/21/2013 05:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::3001

The one with the crossed arms has to be Martian Manhunter. The other 3 seem to be so generic. I still hope they are Red Hood, Dr. Fate, and Lobo. I think we'll get more than just 4 characters. Maybe there is more to unlock in the game, plus another couple waves of DLC.

Heavy-RainPosted: 03/21/2013 05:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::654

Those silhouettes are meant to throw you off. It looks like the same character from dif. angles.

I'm betting

MM
lobo
Blue Beetle
Random/Power Girl

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 03/21/2013 05:26 PMStatus ::

Heavy-Rain Wrote:
Those silhouettes are meant to throw you off. It looks like the same character from dif. angles.

I'm betting

MM

lobo

Blue Beetle

Random/Power Girl

You're probably right. I'm just cautious because we all thought that the 4th DLC character in MK9 was a generic silhouette, and it ended being an outline of the actual character (Freddy).

I would say your DLC list is the most likely, but given the select screen, I'd imagine they're going to have two heroes and two villains, so either Powergirl or Blue Beetle are out of the picture.

New sig on the way
raidenthefridgePosted: 03/21/2013 05:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::3798
Nationality::Northern Ireland

I love that pic of Aquaman bitchslapping Bats with his pimp trident.

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!
MrRolexPosted: 03/21/2013 05:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::710

Led_Auditore Wrote:
I wonder if this bundle will also include bonus/classic costumes?

MK did with the extra charcaters it got and they were free too if you got the compatibility add or later in the final MK update

The Injustice: Gods Among Us Season Pass will be available when the game launches, 19th April, for £11.99 (PlaySation®Network) or 1200 Microsoft Points (Xbox LIVE® online entertainment network) and offers exclusive access to the Flash Point Skin Pack featuring alternate costumes for Wonder Woman, Aquaman and Deathstroke.

SirojPosted: 03/21/2013 05:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::3790
Nationality::Belgium

Just going to repost this here. It's who I believe to be Power Girl.

One of the other 2 (Martian Manhunter is, obviously, the guy with the crossed arms) could very well be Rorschach, Injustice's 'guest character' (like Krueger was in MK). Ofcourse, it's all just speculation. The guys at NRS must be having a blast watching us turn every piece on information inside out.

blackcyborgPosted: 03/21/2013 05:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::18499

Siroj Wrote:
Just going to repost this here. It's who I believe to be Power Girl.

One of the other 2 (Martian Manhunter is, obviously, the guy with the crossed arms) could very well be Rorschach, Injustice's 'guest character' (like Krueger was in MK). Ofcourse, it's all just speculation. The guys at NRS must be having a blast watching us turn every piece on information inside out.

Looks nothing like her though...lol

Unless she's wearing jeans/slacks, a suit jacket, dress shoes, has a bald head, doesn't have her cape, and has the stature/figure of a man... :P

I don't know how small of screens some of you are using, but the 3 generic figures are clearly all wearing casual pants, casual shoes, a suit jacket/blazer, have a bald head, and are male. It honestly looks like they just had Hector stand in a hallway, took the pics, cut it out, and blackened it. There's nothing superheroic about any of the 3.

SirojPosted: 03/21/2013 06:11 PMStatus ::

blackcyborg Wrote:

Unless she's wearing jeans/slacks, a suit jacket, dress shoes, has a bald head, doesn't have her cape, and has the stature/figure of a man... :P

I don't know how small of screens some of you are using, but the 3 generic figures are clearly all wearing casual pants, casual shoes, a suit jacket/blazer, have a bald head, and are male. It honestly looks like they just had Hector stand in a hallway, took the pics, cut it out, and blackened it. There's nothing superheroic about any of the 3.

You should read the other thread too.

It's obvious the silhouettes are altered, just like they have done during the MK DLC teases. They've made it look like they're wearing suits, but that's just to throw people of. You have to look at the details, not the whole figure. Notice the position of the arms? The legs? Even the squared back could very well be her cape covered up.

Unless you believe we're getting 3 bald men in suits as DLC.

Here's 'proof' they use altered silhouettes:

Now this is a picture before we knew who the last MK DLC character was going to be. See how it looks exactly like Freddy, only without the hat and the claws? This is typical NRS stuff. They tease and leave hints, but they hide just enough to keep people guessing.

Anyway, there's no way to know for sure who the characters are going to be until they reveal them, but I strongly believe that to be Power Girl. Only time will tell if I'm right or not.

blackcyborgPosted: 03/21/2013 06:13 PMStatus ::

TemperaryUserName Wrote:

You're probably right. I'm just cautious because we all thought that the 4th DLC character in MK9 was a generic silhouette, and it ended being an outline of the actual character (Freddy).

I would say your DLC list is the most likely, but given the select screen, I'd imagine they're going to have two heroes and two villains, so either Powergirl or Blue Beetle are out of the picture.

That's a good point, but these really don't look like anything specific, and all look the same. Whereas MK's were at least unique.

blackcyborgPosted: 03/21/2013 06:19 PMStatus ::

Siroj Wrote:
blackcyborg Wrote:

You should read the other thread too.

It's obvious the silhouettes are altered, just like they have done during the MK DLC teases. They've made it look like they're wearing suits, but that's just to throw people of. You have to look at the details, not the whole figure. Notice the position of the arms? The legs? Even the squared back could very well be her cape covered up.

Unless you believe we're getting 3 bald men in suits as DLC.

Here's 'proof' they use altered silhouettes:

Now this is a picture before we knew who the last MK DLC character was going to be. See how it looks exactly like Freddy, only without the hat and the claws? This is typical NRS stuff. They tease and leave hints, but they hide just enough to keep people guessing.

Anyway, there's no way to know for sure who the characters are going to be until they reveal them, but I strongly believe that to be Power Girl. Only time will tell if I'm right or not.

My question to you and Temp is, when did they release the first silhouette of Freddy though? We're still in March... I don't ever remember them releasing the silhouette of the 4th character, of Freddy's altered render, until closer to his actual reveal, which was in July. But hey, I could be wrong.

I will say though, if you look at the silhouettes used in MK9, and then these, you can tell a huge difference. The ones used for Injustice, to me, look exactly like a generic looking male figure wearing a suite, slacks, shoes, bald head, as if they just snapped a pic of one of their employees. The ones in MK, were at least detailed enough and destinguishable enough from each other, to make out that it's an actual render. Not just some screenshot of a human being.

SirojPosted: 03/21/2013 06:24 PMStatus ::

Those silhouettes of Kenshi and Rain weren't the ones they used to promote the Season Pass with. They only looked like that after it was known who the DLC characters were going to be, before the actual renders were shown. (If I'm not mistaken.)

You could very well be right about it just being random figures, but then tell me why MM looks so detailed if they have 'just started' on the first DLC character? My guess is that they're farther along with the DLC than they are willing to admit, just to prevent a shitstorm like the one that flew over Capcom's HQ after the whole DLC-on-disc fiasco.

But like I said, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Also, if it's 4 DLC characters, then at least has one to be a female. It just has to be. *crosses fingers*

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 03/21/2013 06:29 PMStatus ::

blackcyborg Wrote:
My question to you and Temp is, when did they release the first silhouette of Freddy though?

Not sure. I wanna say May?

Siroj Wrote:
You could very well be right about it just being random figures, but then tell me why MM looks so detailed if they have 'just started' on the first DLC character?

They might be referring to the start of the motion capture.

New sig on the way
KcinTnargPosted: 03/21/2013 06:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::6958

I'm still guessing that NRS is throwing us off with the teaser. I'm gonna say DLC is Martian Manhunter, Lobo, Power Girl and Rorschach/Predator.

Here's what I remember from the MK9 teaser for DLC:

http://techgeek.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/skarlet.png

P.S.

Also you're forgetting another popular icon that's joining Martian Manhunter, Doctor Fate, Darkseid and Killer Croc as a cameo appearance and his name is...............Gorilla Grodd!

[Killswitch]Posted: 03/21/2013 06:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::19267

MM
Lobo
Blue Beetle
Guest Character

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong
JLU51306Posted: 03/21/2013 06:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::1475

Seems like NRS is teasing Martian Manhunter as the first DLC right out of the gate!

My guesses are:

Martian Manhunter
Lobo
Power Girl
Black Manta

photo blackadamsig2_zpsd5a1bf0f.jpg Signature by MINION
blackcyborgPosted: 03/21/2013 06:45 PMStatus ::

Siroj Wrote:
Those silhouettes of Kenshi and Rain weren't the ones they used to promote the Season Pass with. They only looked like that after it was known who the DLC characters were going to be, before the actual renders were shown. (If I'm not mistaken.)

You could very well be right about it just being random figures, but then tell me why MM looks so detailed if they have 'just started' on the first DLC character? My guess is that they're farther along with the DLC than they are willing to admit, just to prevent a shitstorm like the one that flew over Capcom's HQ after the whole DLC-on-disc fiasco.

Well, I can't find any record of when the very first teaser of Freddy was, that featured a silhouette was. My point I was trying to make though, is that the silhouettes didn't come out until further out than March, and both Season Pass's for MK9 and Injustice have been announced around the same time in comparison, both mid-late March). So they likely had finished the renders by that point, whereas now they haven't since it's so much sooner(they didn't post the silhouettes with the Season Pass announcement for MK9).

It's also possible they just don't want to give it away. It's so obvious, even when edited, who a lot of these people are, even if there's just a small few details left. Freddy was difficult, because not many expected Freddy even though he had been rumored months prior. All the speculation was on an MK character. Shinnok or Tanya etc. Whereas with DC heroes, it's quite easy to tell who a character is from their silhouette, and we'd be expecting most of the more obvious choices(Lobo, MMH, Powergirl, Swamp Thing etc.). That detailed one is clearly representing MMH.

I also don't think they are further along than they let on. I believe them when they say that they just started on the first character. The MMH image could be the first mockup render they did, thus explaining the detail. Keep in mind, the images were supposed to only show the top of the chest and up. Someone must have snagged the full images looking through the directory or something. But they could have put him in there, to calm the disappointment some fans are feeling. Who knows...

I'm in no way saying "I'm right, you're wrong, blah blah blah". I just think, all things considered, these figures are likely just generic and have nothing to do with the characters. You can clearly make out casual clothing, and an average male build. Even if you were to disect them, at the end of the day, you are grasping at the littlest of straws and making the biggest leaps in imagination to see what you are hoping to see. I just hate to see people set themselves up for disappointment.

Oh and that teaser image is from IGN's video, which was posted on June 14th.

SirojPosted: 03/21/2013 07:03 PMStatus ::

blackcyborg Wrote:
I'm in no way saying "I'm right, you're wrong, blah blah blah".

Haha, no worries. I wasn't thinking that at all. You make very valid arguments.

It would be funny though, if that MM silhouette turned out to be an altered silhouette of someone else.

evilekimPosted: 03/21/2013 08:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::3001

How dumb would it be if the three in suits were Bruce Wayne, Clark Kent, and Hal Jordan? I still say the crossed arms one is MMH.

BADASS6669Posted: 03/21/2013 10:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695

4 doesn't seem right I hope this means that we have a couple Unlockables

Martian Manhunter
Lobo
Power Girl(HUGE BOOBIES)
Black Manta

I do remember in an interview that there would be DLC Arena's so hopefully it's 1 Character and 1 Arena!!!!

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
JLU51306Posted: 03/21/2013 10:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::1475

I'm bringing this picture over from the closed thread for any possible future reference:

To me, this obviously spells out that NRS is hinting that the first DLC Character is MMH. EDIT: Anyone know how to resize pictures to fit the forum?

photo blackadamsig2_zpsd5a1bf0f.jpg Signature by MINION
oraclePosted: 03/21/2013 10:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::9427

Why is Power Girl being thrown around so casually? Did I miss something?

IF THEY WASTE A SPOT ON A GUEST CHARACTER I WILL MURDER THEM! I can do it, they're in my city lol.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
blackcyborgPosted: 03/21/2013 10:17 PMStatus ::

JLU51306 Wrote:

EDIT: Anyone know how to resize pictures to fit the forum?

You just put width="400" in the source code and it'll auto fit it.

Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.