The Official X-Men Thread
posted05/23/2014 11:58 AM (UTC)by
I noticed there isn't an official thread for the awesome franchise, so I thought I'd get it going.

First off:

Also, for those who may not have known , the sequel to X-Men: The Last Stand is finally in production as X-Men: Days of Future Past, based on the comic series of the same name. Here's a video on Bryan Singer's words on the film.

And now for the fun part: DISCUSSION! (yay!)
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

04/01/2013 11:38 PM (UTC)
Storm is best X-Men.
SubMan799
04/01/2013 11:53 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck
04/02/2013 12:04 AM (UTC)
Gambit is best X-men
04/02/2013 12:21 AM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
Gambit is best X-men

Gambit's ability has always interested me.

He can create and manipulate kinetic energy and charge it to various intensities. It pretty much enables him to turn anything into an explosive!

I remember seeing a scene in a comic where he used a wad of chewing as a bomb. That was awesome! grin
Icebaby
04/02/2013 12:25 AM (UTC)
The cartoon has the best theme song ever.
04/02/2013 01:04 AM (UTC)
I just learned that three of my favorite X-Men characters, Mystique, Emma Frost, and my namesake, Legion, were all created by the same writer, Chris Claremont.

He also created well-known X-Men characters Rogue, Gambit, Mister Sinister, and Psylocke, as well as the entity Phoenix Force.

Thank you, Chris Claremont!
Zentile
04/02/2013 01:52 AM (UTC)
Cyclops 4 life. He's more than a favorite character, he's a fictional source of inspiration.
acidslayer
04/02/2013 11:58 AM (UTC)
I personally feel the best 10 x-men characters are

Psylocke
Nightcrawler
Sauron
Apocalypse
Iceman
Lady Deathstrike
Toad
Havok
Cable/Forge/Bishop/Deadpool tie for 9th.
Mister Sinister

I'm looking forward to wolverine 2 because it has silver samurai.

also really hope Nightcrawler returns in x-men days of the futures past. he hasn't been in a film since x2. he was the character that made the film good. was good to see his father though in the x-men reboot.
MKKitana
04/02/2013 12:15 PM (UTC)
acidslayer Wrote:
also really hope Nightcrawler returns in x-men days of the futures past. he hasn't been in a film since x2. he was the character that made the film good. was good to see his father though in the x-men reboot.

Im sure Alan Cumming has been confirmed to be reprising his role for the new film.

The new film is interesting. Blink has also been confirmed for it. i jsut hope they handle her correctly.

My favourite X-Men are:

Beast
Rogue
Polaris
Scarlet Witch
Jubilee

Also like Gambit, Magneto, Blink, Wolverine, Emma Frost, Xavier, Jean Grey.

Not a Storm, Cyclops or Psycloke fan tho.
04/02/2013 01:31 PM (UTC)
10 you say?

1. Legion
2. Emma Frost
3. Scarlet Witch
4. Mystique
5. Shadowcat
6. Destiny
7. Phoenix
8. Deadpool
9. Gambit
10. Nightcrawler
KungLaodoesntsuck
04/02/2013 01:42 PM (UTC)
Uhh

1. Gambit
2. Colossus
3. Wolverine
4. Iceman
5. Storm
6. Nightcrawler
7. Juggernaut
8. Beast
9. Deadpool
10. Cable

It's all about Remy though.
Zentile
04/02/2013 03:57 PM (UTC)
My top ten.

Cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops
Cyclops.
KungLaodoesntsuck
04/02/2013 05:01 PM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
Gambit is best X-men

Gambit's ability has always interested me.

He can create and manipulate kinetic energy and charge it to various intensities. It pretty much enables him to turn anything into an explosive!

I remember seeing a scene in a comic where he used a wad of chewing as a bomb. That was awesome! grin

I was doing some reading about his powers and what I found blew me away.

• His playing cards can be charged to be as powerful as a grenade. I knew they could explode but to have that kind of power is awesome.

• He can charge his Staff with enough energy to level a house. Again, that is seriously awesome.

• Gambit's ability to tap kinetic energy also grants him superhuman physical abilities. (Strength, speed, agility, the works) This guy just gets better and better

• He can create Static because of the potential energy always in his body. This allows him to shield his mind from even the most powerful Telepaths.

• At full strength and potential Gambit could control all aspects of kinetic energy down to even the molecular level, allowing him to manipulate the potency of his bio-kinetic energy to burn, cause molecular discomfort, incinerate, create and control potency of timed explosions, fire energy blasts, and even defy gravity. Gambit also can charge objects within his line of sight without contact, exist as an energy being, create various energies such as infrared and microwaves by manipulating the kinetic energy present, and could even travel through time by transforming himself into living energy which joined the kinetic flow.

In other words, Gambit at full strength is a god.
Jerrod
About Me
MKO Moderator, Story Writer, Actor
Signature by Pred
04/02/2013 06:42 PM (UTC)

Take a guess as to who my favourite X-Man is.
04/02/2013 07:02 PM (UTC)
Jerrod Wrote:

Take a guess as to who my favourite X-Man is.

I see there are many Cyclops fans.

I've never really cared for him that much. Storywise, he's a very interesting character, but alone he just seems dull.

I probably feel this way because of my dislike of laserpower, which Cyclops' plasma blasts remind me of.
acidslayer
04/02/2013 11:13 PM (UTC)
you guys ever played x-men next dimesion. it's quite abit of fun. liked the multi tier levels and various supers. used to own it but i regret selling it. eventually i'll buy it again. i liked using forge, psylocke,nightcrawler, dark phoenix. who do you guys use.

also who did you guys use in x-men legends. i liked using my nightcrawler/psylocke/iceman/beast team. i have yet to play legends 2 but am def thinking about getting it.
Zentile
04/03/2013 12:12 AM (UTC)
Cyclops blasts concussive energy blasts, not plasma.

My team in X-Men Legends II was mostly Cyclops, Phoenix, Rogue and a fourth fellow, sometimes Wolverine, sometimes Colossus, sometimes Magneto, sometimes Nightcrawler.
04/03/2013 01:17 AM (UTC)
Zentile Wrote:
Cyclops blasts concussive energy blasts, not plasma.

Oh damn, my apologies.

I admit, I don't know much about Cyclops' powers. I never really found an interest to learn more about them.

Zentile Wrote:

My team in X-Men Legends II was mostly Cyclops, Phoenix, Rogue and a fourth fellow, sometimes Wolverine, sometimes Colossus, sometimes Magneto, sometimes Nightcrawler.

My team was primarily Magneto, Scarlet Witch, Phoenix, and Juggernaut.

Sometimes I switched up with Storm, Deadpool, Nightcrawler, and Gambit. Not those four together, but one or two at a time.
Zentile
04/03/2013 09:37 PM (UTC)
Read Uncanny X-Men 3 and All New X-Men 8 and 9. Loving this storyline so much right now, and it's awesome how both All New and Uncanny end at the exact same spot, with Cyclops arriving at the Mansion saying "To me, my X-Men". With the Avengers frozen in time, I wonder what Scott's plan is now. He seems awfully confident for someone who's in an apparent suicide mission.
Kamionero
04/04/2013 07:08 AM (UTC)
Used to hate Cyclops. Now I like him! He made the hard choices and stood by them. Bad-ass leader.
He used to be such a boring, typical consumed leader. I guess cheating really does a man good!!!

Used to love Storm in the 90's, have hated her since the mid 2000's. They turned her into a high-horsed, rambling nag. BUT! things seem to be looking up in the new X-force for her!
I want the Storm that rips your fucking heart off with her hands back!

Jaded-Raven
04/05/2013 05:47 PM (UTC)
My two favourite X-Men:

MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
04/06/2013 12:37 AM (UTC)

These are my two favorites. BEAST has been in my heart as a fan for years!!!

For Females, it would easily be:
KungLaodoesntsuck
04/06/2013 12:44 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
My two favourite X-Men:

Great picks. I always used Gambit in MvC and MvC2. "Royal Flush!"
PorkandBeans
04/08/2013 05:43 AM (UTC)
I wish X-Men Legends 1 and 2 were on the XBLM and that X-Men Evolution needed a 5th season.

That is all.
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.