Evil Dead (2013)
posted04/11/2013 03:07 AM (UTC)by
acidslayer
About Me

today I went to see evil dead. it was fantastic. the gore, shock value, effects were great. also if you go see it watch after the credits. it's a surprise.

loved the scene at the end of the movie involving the chainsaw.

since I don't want to spoil anything. just go out and see the film. it's that damn good.

even the beginning is hyped up to make the entire movie feel fast paced. which a lot of new horror movies don't do. can't wait for the sequel. don't read from the book of the dead!!!!!!

also if your squeamish of blood I dare you to go see this film.
TemperaryUserName
About Me
New sig on the way
04/08/2013 02:19 AM (UTC)
I don't know. Everyone I know says they liked this movie, but when they tell me about, it just sounds awful. The things I've been hearing about the characters bother me the most. I keep hearing that their paper-thin, and definitely wasn't true of Ash in the original.

The original was good because it was scary. The overwhelming opinion about the remake is that "it's not scary." It just sounds like a gorefest, but did they need the Evil Dead IP to make a gorefest?
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

04/08/2013 02:41 AM (UTC)
TemperaryUserName Wrote:
The original was good because it was scary.

Eh, I don't know about that. I personally find the original trilogy more laughable than scary. Just more jump scares, though it did get pretty intense with the silence and Ash just looking around in circles until the Deadite strikes. Those were pretty good. Other than that, yeah it wasn't scary to me, haha.

Now this movie looks awesome as hell. The Evil Dead being one of my favorite movies, I was a little eh when I heard they were remaking it, I watched the "Red Band Trailer" when it was released and I thought, "Okay, NOW I'm sold." I like how they're trying to sell it like it's the scariest movie in the history of the world, but I can see it being not scary at all. Maybe they'll throw one or two cheap jump scares, but the rest will be a pure blood and gore violent fest. I need to see this soon in theaters.
i finally got around to seeing the original and i have to admit i didnt care for it. people made it out to be this big great film when it wasnt so ontop of that i wont see the remake. i heard the remake is more of a gore fest wich was pointless according to real fans
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

04/08/2013 03:57 AM (UTC)
Fuck yeah I wanna see this with one of my girly friends and get her all scared and then invite her back to my room and be all like, "you okay baby?"

And she's all like "oh no I'm so scared"

And I'm all like "suck my dick"

Yep. Just like that.
Murcielago Wrote:
Fuck yeah I wanna see this with one of my girly friends and get her all scared and then invite her back to my room and be all like, "you okay baby?"

And she's all like "oh no I'm so scared"

And I'm all like "suck my dick"

Yep. Just like that.

yea wont happen she will probably laugh at how small you are
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

04/08/2013 04:04 AM (UTC)
Hey shu-up
Murcielago Wrote:
Hey shu-up

did i touch on some truth there?
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

04/08/2013 04:14 AM (UTC)
Nope. Just shu-up
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

04/08/2013 04:34 AM (UTC)
Was there any need for that?
[Killswitch] Wrote:
Was there any need for that?

he threw a jab at me in my thread so im doing the same to him

maybe he should think twice before demanding my thread be closed because it gives him a headache that he simply could avoid by not reading
travelingwilbury
04/08/2013 05:11 AM (UTC)
Meh, it's okay. The film is not even close to being scary at all so that tagline that they have will more than likely bite them back in the ass. The story is shit and the characters are dull, boring, unlikable bunch of sods. The dialog is also fairly atrocious to boot.

However, the practical effects are really good and the overall production is well done. When they use CGI it looks sloopy and lazy but anytime they use a practical gore effect, it works really well and looks really good. Wish more movies would stick to practical effects/ It's far from being the worst remake out there and this film actually didn't offend the source material like I thought it would (which like many I am also a fan of).

It's a gore fest, uses way too many jump scares and crescendos in the music to try and scare you but it's still a half way decent watch. Be warned though, the first 30 minutes of expository story is tedium at its finest
Chrome
About Me

04/08/2013 05:17 AM (UTC)
Anything that says a big F. U. to CGI is welcome in my book.

Have not seen it yet, is there any tree rape?
travelingwilbury
04/08/2013 05:21 AM (UTC)

Spoiler and no tag because I don't remember that god awful HTML code
bullshit

Yes but it's far from being as detailed and disturbing as the original one.
All the teens in the theater thought it was something so cool and original!
Jiro
About Me

Kung Lao/Smoke main. Maker of puns and bad jokes.

04/08/2013 05:22 AM (UTC)
TheGame100gunzAndClips Wrote:
maybe he should think twice before demanding my thread be closed because it gives him a headache that he simply could avoid by not reading

And to stay on track, I'm not much of a horror fan, but Bruce Campbell usually does awesome stuff.
travelingwilbury Wrote:
Meh, it's okay. The film is not even close to being scary at all so that tagline that they have will more than likely bite them back in the ass. The story is shit and the characters are dull, boring, unlikable bunch of sods. The dialog is also fairly atrocious to boot.

However, the practical effects are really good and the overall production is well done. When they use CGI it looks sloopy and lazy but anytime they use a practical gore effect, it works really well and looks really good. Wish more movies would stick to practical effects/ It's far from being the worst remake out there and this film actually didn't offend the source material like I thought it would (which like many I am also a fan of).

It's a gore fest, uses way too many jump scares and crescendos in the music to try and scare you but it's still a half way decent watch. Be warned though, the first 30 minutes of expository story is tedium at its finest

i hated the original and wont see the remake. if people are stupid enough to spend money on shitty reboots wich include nightmare on elm street well than you deserve to get screwed as a fan since you are stupid enough to support it in the first place. horror is a dead genre so just let it be because nobody can recapture what the original did regardless what film it is.

i cant even begin how the enter the dragon reboot is going to turn out and i find it insulting to bruce lee that hollywood is going to fuck that up in so many ways.

i find it sad hollywood has nobody to create a new idea so they push out 20 to 30 year old non needed sequels like ghostbusters 3 and gremlins 3 and shitty remakes and the people buy into .

my attitude is if it aint broke dont fix it plain and simple

MortalMushroom
04/09/2013 12:41 AM (UTC)
It was a fun film. It's definitely not the original, and it's nowhere close to Evil Dead 2 or Army of Darkness. But as a film on its own, it is very fun. I didn't find it too scary, It had quite a few references to the originals. You catch a glimpse of Ash's old car and the tape recording plays during the credits. Oh, and if you're a big fan of the original trilogy it might be worth it to stay after the credits.

The only thing I didn't like was the ending. It pulls a twist of sorts that at the end that I think would have been better left out. And I think they chose the wrong character to end up surviving. It's wasn't a terrible ending, but it knocks a few points off for me.

I'd give it a solid seven out of ten. Definitely above average for a horror movie, and I accept it as an Evil Dead entry.
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

04/09/2013 04:42 AM (UTC)
Just watched it. I liked the old ones better, but it was good. I enjoyed it. The tree part rustled my jimmies the right way. Wasn't the scariest but good. Mama is the scariest movie I've seen (fuck that movie). I liked the after credits scene.

So far. Good movie. Good stuff.
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
04/09/2013 05:20 AM (UTC)
10/10

Loved it
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

04/10/2013 10:42 PM (UTC)
I love the original 3 films, even though I'm confused as to why the second movie pretends the first one didn't happen.

I'm generally not a horror fan though, It was more the hammy acting and hilarious special effects that did it for me.

Apparently there's an Army of Darkness sequel in the works too, which will star Bruce Campbell and be canon to the originals.
OrangatangKang
About Me

WATAHHHHHHHHH!!!

04/11/2013 12:57 AM (UTC)
Still haven't seen it yet but I would absolutely strip myself naked and then just throw myself down the cellar with that demon chick...
mwgrant0
04/11/2013 03:07 AM (UTC)
Murcielago Wrote:
Just watched it. I liked the old ones better, but it was good. I enjoyed it. The tree part rustled my jimmies the right way. Wasn't the scariest but good. Mama is the scariest movie I've seen (fuck that movie). I liked the after credits scene.

So far. Good movie. Good stuff.

I liked Mama, scared the fuck out of me. And did you get "you know" from your girlfriend?
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.