One Word, Go! Show - The New Claus
posted01/05/2015 10:24 PM (UTC)by
Torchia
Edited on 01/05/2015:
Wow! It's been awhile since I've updated the show here. We've come a long way since I first posted about my dopey awful-sounding podcast back in 2013. I think it's time for an update to this thread.

What is The One Word, Go! Show?
An audio comedy podcast. Each week we answer the question, "What stories or past experiences pop into your head when you hear the word _____?" That blank is filled in each episode by our listeners, who send us one-word topic suggestions.

Where can I listen?
There are multiple places to listen to the One Word, Go! Show. iTunes, Stitcher Radio, and onewordgoshow.com are just a few. You may also use our RSS feed if you're so inclined.

There's so many episodes! Where should I start?
Episode 73: "Milk", and Episode 74: "Hotel" are equally fine places to start, and are each a great representation of how the show works. I do not recommend starting on Episode 1, as it is a little rough (see: very awful). If you're the type of person who needs to begin at the beginning, I strongly suggest listening to a newer one first, and then starting from wherever you'd like.

Can I send in a word for you to talk about?
Of course! That's the only way to keep this show alive! Send in your one word at onewordgoshow.com/submit!

Let me know what you guys think. We always love feedback. :)
Torchia
05/01/2013 03:05 PM (UTC)
Just received another word from an MKO user. Thanks, coltess!

Keep them coming, all. smile
Coltess
05/02/2013 12:48 AM (UTC)
Honestly, It took me a while to come up with a single word.
Torchia
05/02/2013 04:18 PM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
Honestly, It took me a while to come up with a single word.

Hehe. Next time, just open a dictionary, close your eyes, and point.

Temp also sent us a word. Thanks, Temp!
Torchia
05/03/2013 04:40 PM (UTC)
On today’s One Word, Go! Show, having a license doesn’t mean you can drive well, a camping trip almost turns into a horror movie, and Mat wishes he could go back in time to fix his mic before recording.

Recording episode 5 in the next day or so. Get your word in now!
legoslayer10
05/08/2013 01:00 PM (UTC)
I love this!

I hope you get my word!
Torchia
05/08/2013 02:35 PM (UTC)
legoslayer10 Wrote:
I love this!

I hope you get my word!

We got it! Great word! Will add it to the received words page when I find a moment. Surprised we haven't gotten that one yet!

I'm really happy you enjoy the program! I hope you keep listening, and don't forget you can like us on Facebook, and follow us on Twitter.

Oh! I don't know if I've posted this here, but we're in iTunes finally. So if you DO like the show, do us a solid and rate/review us on iTunes! Thanks so much!

We recorded a show last night. Once I'm off work I'm going to edit it and get it posted by the end of the day. Got a feeling it's going to be the best one to date.
Torchia
05/09/2013 02:47 PM (UTC)
Episode 5 is up! I have added it to the main post.

This is easily my favorite one so far. I suggest that if you haven't listened to any yet, and don't plan to start from the beginning, you choose to start with Episode 5.
Toxik
About Me
05/09/2013 03:31 PM (UTC)
I sent my word.
Torchia
05/09/2013 04:11 PM (UTC)
Toxik Wrote:
I sent my word.

Got it. Thanks, brother. <3
Torchia
05/13/2013 02:36 PM (UTC)
Hey, all. Recording tonight, so make sure you get your "one word" in! We might draw it this evening.
Icebaby
05/13/2013 03:35 PM (UTC)
*Ahem* I sent a word. grin
Torchia
05/13/2013 04:37 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
*Ahem* I sent a word. grin

Icebaby
05/13/2013 09:28 PM (UTC)
I'm a bad girl.
legoslayer10
05/13/2013 10:00 PM (UTC)
Watch that get pulled for the next episode...
...or the one I'm getting ready to submit.
Torchia
05/16/2013 03:59 PM (UTC)
Episode 6 is up! While we didn't draw "dicks" as our word, Dan mentions we received it and sort of pokes fun at it during the show. Enjoy!
Icebaby
05/20/2013 01:26 AM (UTC)
torchia Wrote:
Episode 6 is up! While we didn't draw "dicks" as our word, Dan mentions we received it and sort of pokes fun at it during the show. Enjoy!

I should have explained... I was hoping you guys thought it referred to people who are being total dicks, because I have no idea what you guys were thinking.

wink
Torchia
05/21/2013 04:27 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
torchia Wrote:

I should have explained... I was hoping you guys thought it referred to people who are being total dicks, because I have no idea what you guys were thinking.

wink

The reason we kept that word in the mix, instead of not including it at all, was for that very explanation, although our team was divided on this issue. Fish and I were going with "dicks" in the "you're a fucking dick" way, but both Breanne and Dan were saying you meant "large delicious penises". That's probably just because one of them enjoys talking about sex a little too much, and the other is a closet homosexual, though. Makes sense.

Spoiler! On this week's trainwreck of an episode we draw one of the words we got from MKO! Expect that up some time on Wednesday. Warning: We don't stick to the word. At all. The last two episodes (rejection, and fisticuffs), we've stuck to our word because we've had a lot to talk about. This week we pretty much just do whatever we want. It's pretty awful. And hilarious.

tongue
legoslayer10
05/23/2013 05:25 PM (UTC)
Ooh! I hope it's mine! That would be a totally awesome to hear you guys mumble all over!
Icebaby
05/23/2013 06:20 PM (UTC)
torchia Wrote:
Icebaby Wrote:
torchia Wrote:

wink

The reason we kept that word in the mix, instead of not including it at all, was for that very explanation, although our team was divided on this issue. Fish and I were going with "dicks" in the "you're a fucking dick" way, but both Breanne and Dan were saying you meant "large delicious penises". That's probably just because one of them enjoys talking about sex a little too much, and the other is a closet homosexual, though. Makes sense.

Spoiler! On this week's trainwreck of an episode we draw one of the words we got from MKO! Expect that up some time on Wednesday. Warning: We don't stick to the word. At all. The last two episodes (rejection, and fisticuffs), we've stuck to our word because we've had a lot to talk about. This week we pretty much just do whatever we want. It's pretty awful. And hilarious.

tongue

To be honest, I'm just joking with you. I would have found it hilarious if you guys talked about people being dicks rather than the big stick itself.
Torchia
05/23/2013 07:20 PM (UTC)
This has been such a clusterbomb of a week. The show still isn't up due to the car troubles I've been having. I'm sure you'll hear about it on next week's episode.

Will finish editing tonight after work, and have the newest show posted straight after. Look forward to that. I'll update the thread when I've done so.

Thanks for listening, guys! If you haven't submitted a word yet, do so now! If you have submitted a word, submit another! Keep in mind you're giving us a word we can talk and share stories or thoughts about. In the words of Breanne, you're not playing "how can I stump these assholes?". tongue
Toxik
About Me
05/24/2013 10:07 AM (UTC)
I'm waiting for my word...
Torchia
05/24/2013 02:45 PM (UTC)
Episode 7 is up!

Today, we draw an MKO member's word. Thanks, J-Spit!

To those who have submitted your word, thanks! Don't forget it's still in the mix to be drawn, so we may even pick it on the next episode! Who knows?

Even if you've submitted your word, SUBMIT A WORD NOW!
FROID
About Me

05/25/2013 09:27 AM (UTC)
my word has been submitted. Just look for Sigmund Froid
Torchia
05/26/2013 07:06 PM (UTC)
FROID Wrote:
my word has been submitted. Just look for Sigmund Froid

Thanks very much! We've got it! Will be added to the received page when I find a moment.

Everybody get your last minute word in now! We're recording tonight!

Also, feel free to call our voicemail line and tell us what you think of the show!

206-337-5302!

(Those of you who are worried about long distance charges know that calls through Gmail to US and Canada are free for right now, right? ;))
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.