Mortal Kombat X Street Fighter idea
posted05/06/2014 11:42 AM (UTC)by
hankypanky1
Icebaby
06/25/2013 05:51 PM (UTC)
A crossover game featuring these two will never happen.
hankypanky1
06/26/2013 07:18 PM (UTC)
Ed Boon said its inevitable so there is hope.
hankypanky1
07/01/2013 09:58 PM (UTC)
Heres some light hearted fun.. Mortal kombat vs street fighter friendship
street dance

gangnam style dance
Icebaby
07/01/2013 10:59 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Ed Boon said its inevitable so there is hope.

Haha and you believe him?

Oh, that's a good one. That. Is. A. Good. One.
hankypanky1
07/02/2013 10:23 PM (UTC)
I think if they did a crossover then it should have friendship as finisher. That way it gets on light side. Also every character should have super move that has cinematics.
legoslayer10
07/08/2013 05:14 AM (UTC)
Literally replace the Fatality with friendships? Oh my god, that is absolutely hilariou. An Mk without Fatalities is INSTANTLY an awful video game. Oh, and Ed Boon saying he is into it, oh that so makes it inevitable, when there's an entire other team of people who he would have to work that out with. And like MKvDCU, it would suck. SF wouldn't let Fatalities roar like they used to, that would just be awful, really the only thing I would have to look forward to is taunt-spamming with Dan Hibiki.

Their play styles differ far too much to do something like this. ith the Stun Meter vs. Super Meter, Fatalities vs. K.O, and intese gore, it couldn't be pulled off and be good.
JohnBoyAdvance
07/09/2013 05:06 PM (UTC)
THE HOW I WOULD DO IT SLASH HOW IT SHOULD BE DONE POST.

Visual style: Closer to Street Fighter IV than Mortal Kombat 2011. Because while the style in MK2011 was ok for MK it wont lend itself well for the Street Fighters, whereas even the Tekken guys look cool in that style.

Gameplay/controls. 4 Attack buttons, back to block, button to tag, Button for "EX/Enhanced specials. Trying to get a nice mix of SF and MK here.

Ultra finishes. These are excuted like SF (236236+PP for example), Graphically they reveal skeletons like the x-ray moves.

The "ink" from SFIV could be coloured red/green/black/blue... whatever.

What of Fatalities. Well... thats just not going to happen. HOWEVER stage specific finshers that dont end in a fatality. EG: an uppercut into a geyser. The geyser erupts as the opponent is propelled through the air

Roster.
For Street Fighter - Most of the Super Street Fighter IV roster, looking more at SF2 characters. Some surprises (Not unlike Poison from SFXT)

For Mortal Kombat - Most of the MK2011 roster, looking more at MKs1 and 2 characters. Some surprises in there (The odd MK4 - Deception character, Shinnok, Frost etc)

Story. I really liked the whole thing with SFXT that they essentially said "Street Fighter and Tekken are in the same world and always have been". Dunno if that can work with this though. Something basic though. Definitely pair up characters though because reasons. You could get some humour like in SFXT.

BAWSES:
Mortal Kombat. Keeping it retro: Goro, Shao Kahn.
Street Fighter. Not exactly sure seeing Bison has always been playable. Going to go with Oni and Seth unless someone shows me better characters.
Ermac vs Gouken

Ka-Tra
08/04/2013 03:31 AM (UTC)
You lost me at T rated.

But for fun, I'll post a small fantasy roster. I like making rosters. grin

MK
1. Scorpion
2. Sub-Zero
3. Kitana
4. Jax
5. Sonya
6. Mileena
7. Raiden
8. Havik
9. Sindel
10. Nightwolf
11. Jade
12. Johnny Cage
13. Bo’ Rai Cho
14. Shang Tsung
15. Shao Kahn

SF
1. Ryu
2. Ken
3. Chun-Li
4. Guile
5. Cammy
6. Juri
7. Dahslim
8. Vega
9. Rose
10. T. Hawk
11. Poison
12. Cody
13. E. Honda
14. M. Bison
15. Seth
JohnBoyAdvance
08/04/2013 06:23 PM (UTC)
oooo I like doing rosters too... Seeing as I reckon if there was a SFXMK it'll be built from SFXTK so similar number for roster (50)
Street Fighter Mortal Kombat
1) Ryu Sub Zero
2) Ken Scorpion
3) Chun Li Kitana
4) Cammy Sonya
5) Guile Jax
6) Abel Cyrax
7) Balrog Sektor
8) Blanka Kano
9) C. Viper Mileena
10) Dan Johnny Cage
11) Dhalsim Smoke
12) E Honda Noob Saibot
13) Fei Long Liu Kang
14) Gen Raiden
15) Ibuki Jade
16) Rose Sareena
17) Rufus Kung Lao
18) Sagat Baraka
19) Sakura Sheeva
20) Vega Reptile
21) Poison Skarlet
22) Zangief Quan Chi
23) Juri Sindel
24) Akuma Shang Tsung
25) M Bison Shao Kahn
Boss) Seth Goro
LucaTurilli
08/04/2013 07:42 PM (UTC)
Obviously it couldn't be rated M.

Here would be my roster, if we were limited to 30 characters.

Sub-Zero / Ryu
Scorpion / Ken
Sonya / Chun-Li
Liu Kang / Fei Long
Raiden / Akuma
Kitana / Cammy
Mileena / Juri
Jax / Guile
Baraka / Blanka
Shang Tsung / M. Bison
Kung Lao / Gen
Goro / Zangief
Reptile / Ibuki
Cyrax / Rolento
Johnny Cage / Vega

JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:
oooo I like doing rosters too... Seeing as I reckon if there was a SFXMK it'll be built from SFXTK so similar number for roster (50)

We'd never get 50 characters from a MK vs SF game, unless they both did a game. MK vs SF and SF vs MK, as Capcom is doing with Namco regarding the SFxT and TxSF games.

We would likely get one game with a brand new engine, models and animations. No reused assets. No huge 50+ roster.
hankypanky1
08/04/2013 09:16 PM (UTC)
I like reading rosters and possible matchups of Mk x sf.

@ryukhao i don't see havik making his way in Mk x sf, same with bo raicho who is actually treated the same as Rufus in sf. They are not well received by kommunity. Same with t. Hawk who is a bit like nightwolf.

@hohnniyadvance Rufus should not be in another game let alone a possible Mk x sf.
JohnBoyAdvance
08/04/2013 11:29 PM (UTC)
A man can dream for 50.

I like Rufus, if he is that controversial, maybe a random SF3 or SFA3 guy or gal.
08/05/2013 01:56 AM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
@ryukhao i don't see havik making his way in Mk x sf, same with bo raicho who is actually treated the same as Rufus in sf. They are not well received by kommunity. Same with t. Hawk who is a bit like nightwolf.

To say, Havik is variably the mot well received character introduced in Deception. Bo' Rai Cho is also one of the most well received the post-Trilogy characters, despite criticism for his comic relief antics.

Nevertheless, it's a fantasy roster. It's not meant to be agreed upon by the rest of the MK Kommunity.
hankypanky1
08/05/2013 10:31 PM (UTC)
I just don't want a b-list characters like havik or bo rai cho to get in over rain. Seriously how did you all fail to include him on your roster. Also kenshi.
Chrome
About Me

08/08/2013 10:04 PM (UTC)
Rain barely qualified as a character prior to his inclusion and elaboration upon in MK9. My doorstep had a more solid backstory than that redundant swap.

Culturally the game is not probable. The japanese kawaiko culture would not take well to the MK characters. Notice that Japanese characters visually are more on the "lightside" judging by our aesthetics.

Same way most Japanese idols of masculinity are found effete in ours. You will not tolerate bishounen and call it gay most of the time. Denotations and connotations work differently.

Also the amount of brutality MK has is still only adressing a minute small speck of the demographics Japan has.

Put it simply: Japanese might not be interested in this at all. Though with their video game industry failing, who knows what they might try.

Icebaby
08/09/2013 12:24 AM (UTC)
What the hell is wrong with Bo Rai' Cho? Without him, we would not have Liu Kang. Just because he's another character that had "comedic" attributes, doesn't mean he can't be in a future game. He had quite an important role in Deception, and I thought that his character was well put in it.

Rain hardly is interesting. Another Edenian, another royalty character, another color to add to the rainbow... oh, and I guess he's part god or whatever.

At least there are people who have some variety in their lists and that's a good thing, rather than seeing the same old same old.
hankypanky1
08/09/2013 12:48 AM (UTC)
Bo rai cho can be a background character. If he is on roster im not gonnna buy Mk x. And rain. The way he moves and the way he fights and clothes he wears is just yolo swag. He was the most requested dlc character.
Heres another great mod, jade in street fighter x Tekken
jade sf x t mod
Icebaby
08/09/2013 01:52 AM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
If he is on roster im not gonnna buy Mk x.

I hope you keep to your words.
Chrome
About Me

08/09/2013 07:44 PM (UTC)
Rain is even more of a joke character than Bo' rai Cho.

As in Purple Rain. Purple. Rain. Continue bragging 'bout him and you'll learn 'bout the pain.

If you use the words yolo swag again here I will personally hide your socks forevermore so that you will never find a pair again!
08/09/2013 07:48 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
I just don't want a b-list characters like havik or bo rai cho to get in over rain. Seriously how did you all fail to include him on your roster. Also kenshi.

Rain is far below both Havik and Bo' Rai Cho.

He is often excluded from games, and is very much neglected. He didn't even have a mere mention in MK9 until he became DLC.

Icebaby Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:

I very much agree.
daryui
About Me
08/10/2013 11:32 AM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:

This.

I can't wait for his announcement. There's no way he'll be left out when his home realm is under attack.
hankypanky1
08/10/2013 09:06 PM (UTC)
Any other fat characters in Mk excluding bo rai cho. Also why do all ninjas have the same body type??
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.