Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Fan Koliseum

The arena for Mortal Kombat Fantasy Fights and Kommunity Kombat!
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/28/2013 03:48 AMStatus ::
ScrewAttack Death Battle - Shao Kahn versus Bison!

With the 20th anniversary of Mortal Kombat II looming over 2013, it only makes sense that this be the year of Shao Kahn! It was all those years ago that the threat of Outworld was given a terrifying skull-face in the form of one of the most memorable fighting game bosses in history! Naturally, that status isn't without its challengers, and ScrewAttack DEATH BATTLE has decided to pit Kahn against his greatest rival: Street Fighter's resident Dictator -- M. Bison!

For anyone who wasted hours of their youth lurking between arcade cabinets -- this really is the ultimate boss battle! The sounds of Street Fighter II have echoed through time, often smothering their brutal American counterpart to the frustration of MK diehards. It wasn't until the 2011 reboot that Mortal Kombat was truly able to stand toe-to-toe with the grand daddy of fighters, threatening to uppercut their head off and steal their soul!

Of course, gameplay has only so much dominion over the world of fictional premise. As the old saying goes, 'Death Battle is not about fatality inputs, but rather, fictional life.' You can convert cheap super-moves and high damage percentages into some measure of canonical higher power, but the concepts behind Bison and Shao Kahn go much bigger than any side-to-side fighter can contain!

So, who wins the epic battle of bosses?...

MKOmmunity Artwork by JAX007 & XiahouDun84.

Mortal Kombat Online is contractually obligated to have an obvious bias -- no matter how much we're secretly massive Street Fighter fans. That bias hasn't been shared by Screw Attack however, who are yet to grant a victory in any of their previous Mortal Kombat features!

Like Thor v Raiden -- there's a thematic connection in play that arguably favours one fighter over the other. Afterall, Bison's indomitable soul may be the source of his incredible power, but it's the souls of others that have fuelled centuries of Shao Kahn's rule as Emperor of Outworld!

As is customary, ScrewAttack are a bit more sympathetic to lesser adaptations of the commanding source material. You'll spot some references to licensed movies, cartoons & comics that we hardcore fans probably wouldn't be as inclined to factor. Fortunately, none of this weighs too heavily on the outcome, and we'd have to say the Death Battle judges have come at this one with a pretty fair approach.

Really comparing the two characters is difficult. The scale of their world and the primary opponents within are far from 1:1. Twenty years of inter-dimensional conflict has seen Shao Kahn bedevil the devil himself, and enter into feuds with gods and immortals! The scope of Shao Kahn's conquests is almost unfathomable, expanding to include multiple entire realms! Bison's psycho power may have seen him reach something approximate to godhood, but even Shadaloo's aspirations for global conquest end at domination over one world. Thanks to a long run of crossovers with the likes of SNK, Tekken & Marvel Comics, Bison has had opportunities to challenge other worlds, but he's never actually succeeded.

Even our most generous arguments have to favour Shao Kahn, but we'll let you watch the DEATH BATTLE yourself to find out how ScrewAttack called it! Once you've checked it out, debate the result with the rest of the MK home team on the forums!

Shao Kahn is currently attempting to claim a far greater title as 2013 Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion! Having defeated Drahmin in the First Round, The Emperor will return next month in Round 2!

This annual Mortal Kombat Online tradition is an opportunity to gather every MK fan together to take stock of the kombatants that make the series great! Register to have YOUR say in daily Supreme Champion polls and on the forum!

NephritePosted: 06/28/2013 06:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::3778
Nationality::Croatia
RE: ScrewAttack Death Battle - Shao Kahn versus Bison!

Captain Planet!

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
I like Bison more these days, but I'm glad Kahn won for MK.

MINIONPosted: 06/28/2013 06:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469
Nationality::United States

That fight scene editing was sexy.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
HELLSCORPION2Posted: 06/28/2013 09:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::2850

Knowing the screwattack bias against MK & DC, Bison probably won for poorly researched or bullshit reason.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 06/28/2013 10:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::19710

M. Bison: This place shall become your grave!

Shao Kahn: Is that your best?

In a Graveyard, how appropriate.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
TonyTheTigerPosted: 06/28/2013 11:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::17225

I didn't expect this to end any other way. The upcoming battle, though...I can't call that one.

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

Photobucket
Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.
mkdfanPosted: 06/28/2013 04:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::8517
Nationality::England

That fight's animation was done SO well! It had such "oomph".

Glad who won, won.

RiyakouPosted: 06/28/2013 06:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::5625

This pleases me.

MangoPosted: 06/28/2013 07:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::2123
Nationality::Australia

HELLSCORPION2 Wrote:
Knowing the screwattack bias against MK & DC, Bison probably won for poorly researched or bullshit reason.

These battles are reasonably well researched for what they are: pure entertainment value. I don't see any bias in their opinions or research in any of the battles. When a character looses, it doesn't mean that the loser isn't a good character, it simply means based on their feats and skills seen in popular media, the boys at screwattack make some sort of argument that one would win over the other.

I assume that when you call them bias against MK & DC, it probably means you didn't agree with some of the battles they have done in the past. Even if you disagreed with some of them, their hasn't been enough death battles with MK or DC characters to assume that correlation (I believe that both franchises have had a victory).

I very much enjoyed this episode, at the very least I got an overview of who Bison is. I did want to see a little footage from MK Conquest, but oh well.

legoslayer10Posted: 06/28/2013 11:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::961

HELLSCORPION2 Wrote:
Biased? Um, Kahn won, if you didn't watch it. And, Superman owned Goku. That did not show bias at all. If you were trying to think back at Thor vs. Raiden/ Shang vs. Akuma and Spiderman vs. Batman, that's just you not accepting other people's opinions. Spides destroyed Bats, brutally. Thor decimated Raiden. Shang couldn't take Akuma. So what? Your opinion is not fact.

photo KungLaoSig_zps73716e92.png
EmperorKahnPosted: 06/29/2013 12:03 AMStatus ::

Visits::2962

Wow two of my favorite bosses!! Really happy with the results!

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 06/29/2013 11:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::19710

The fight itself was fantastic. That's why I love Death Battle, because even if the character you want to win loses it's still a good fight to watch.

(But this one was actually a bit more one-sided.)

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
TheBigCityToiletPosted: 06/29/2013 02:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::841

Cool shit, and frankly I was expecting a different outcome.

Big fan of both characters though. Apparently there's a paid-account exclusive video where

they put aside their differences and decide to team up.

Of all the Death Battles the only outcome I disagreed with was Rogue vs. Wonder Woman. That one I thought was a cop out ending...

legoslayer10Posted: 06/29/2013 03:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::961

TheBigCityToilet Wrote:
Cool shit, and frankly I was expecting a different outcome.

Big fan of both characters though. Apparently there's a paid-account exclusive video where

they put aside their differences and decide to team up.

Of all the Death Battles the only outcome I disagreed with was Rogue vs. Wonder Woman. That one I thought was a cop out ending...
The fight may not have interested you, but the fight isn't what they thought would actually happen, and all it is is just a quick animation (usually it's quick) to keep you interested.
Also, with Rogue having enough of Wonder Woman's powers AND those of Ms. Marvel, she could've easily done that to finish the fight.

It's a LOT like the T.V. show Deadliest Warrior.

photo KungLaoSig_zps73716e92.png
]{0MBATPosted: 06/29/2013 08:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::13791

"Looks like Kahn had a final soul-lution for Bison!"

And don't forget to read Jenn Dolari's classic interview with both M. Bison and Shao Kahn here:

http://tabmok99.mortalkombatonline.com/bisonkahn.html

skyboyPosted: 06/29/2013 09:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::1917

TheBigCityToilet Wrote:

How was it a cop out? What Wonder Woman wears is begging Rogue to absorb her, even the slightest touch starts the absorbing process. Having the combined Strength of Wonder Woman and Ms. Marvel *along with Wonder Woman's trained fighting abilities*, that fight is pretty much over...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
TheBigCityToiletPosted: 07/02/2013 11:54 AMStatus ::

Visits::841

skyboy Wrote:
TheBigCityToilet Wrote:

How was it a cop out? What Wonder Woman wears is begging Rogue to absorb her, even the slightest touch starts the absorbing process. Having the combined Strength of Wonder Woman and Ms. Marvel *along with Wonder Woman's trained fighting abilities*, that fight is pretty much over...

i don't think Rogue is tough enough on her own to take a clean shot from somebody who can knock Superman for a loop.

Also, Wonder Woman was built to take on Greek Gods. Rogue tends to have trouble draining godlike beings like Loki, Ares, Thor, etc.

But that's just me.

skyboyPosted: 07/03/2013 01:15 AMStatus ::

Visits::1917

TheBigCityToilet Wrote:
skyboy Wrote:
TheBigCityToilet Wrote:

i don't think Rogue is tough enough on her own to take a clean shot from somebody who can knock Superman for a loop.

Also, Wonder Woman was built to take on Greek Gods. Rogue tends to have trouble draining godlike beings like Loki, Ares, Thor, etc.

But that's just me.

Rogue's never really had trouble draining any of them. When she first debuted, she had no problem at all draining Thor *gave him a kiss on the lips because that's how she liked it lol*. Ares threw her off a bit, but she didn't have any problems. Also, Rogue was literally knocked into orbit by Ms. Marvel when she first joined the X-Men and was still ready to fight, I'm sure she could take a blow from Wonder Woman. And If Wonder Woman was built to take on Greek Gods, then so would Rogue ;)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.