Sig of the Week Superthread - Dormant
posted02/22/2014 02:21 PM (UTC)by
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

Welcome to the new and improved Sig of the Week competition! Here are the rules:

1. Pay attention to the weekly schedule.
Monday: Theme announced
Monday-Friday: Entry period
Saturday: Voting
Sunday: Winner(s) announced

2. A different theme is to be used each week, and theme ideas are to be sent to either myself or legoslayer10 via PM.

3. Theme ideas will be used in the order they are recieved or as set by the contest creators. Every four weeks will be a Freestyle week, to promote greater creativity.

4. One and only one entry per person. To change your entry, edit the original post that the entry was in.

5. Animated and Flash sigs are not allowed.

6. If you are not entering, please do not spam the thread. Keep the conversation pertinent to the entries.

7. You must make your entry yourself, and your name must appear in the sig. There are absolutely no exceptions to this rule. If your name does not appear in the sig, it will not be entered into the voting phase.

8. To vote, you must post in order your top 3 favorites; 1st place votes are worth 3 points, 2nd place votes are worth 2 points, and 3rd place votes are worth 1 point. During voting, you may not vote for yourself.

9. The size limit is 400x150. You may make a smaller sig if you wish, but you may not exceed the limit.

10. You may not re-use sigs that have been entered in past weeks.

The above rules are subject to change at any time and without notice.

This week's theme: 90s CARTOONS

This week, your sig must feature elements of 1990s cartoon shows.
[Killswitch]
About Me

Shao Kahn did nothing wrong

07/09/2013 01:30 AM (UTC)
Bumping this for everyone to see in case they didn't. I'll likely participate. I haven't made sigs in a while and I was never really good at it. I'll mess with my Photoshop tonight though and see what I get.
xB$INx
About Me

07/09/2013 07:35 PM (UTC)

Well here is my entry this week. I just recently beat the new tomb raider and thoroughly enjoyed it, so I thought why not make a sig for it to enter. Good luck to anyone who enters! Please participate people, I would really love to see this thriving again.
UlcaTron
07/09/2013 10:46 PM (UTC)
Got a Green Arrow sig coming in tonight. Stay tuned.
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

07/10/2013 04:06 AM (UTC)
Its been a while since I've made something. New laptop. Lost all my old tools and effects, brushes, texts. All that good stuff. Just slapped this together with the shit I had.

UlcaTron
07/10/2013 04:58 AM (UTC)

I know my name aint there but I made this real fast on my brothers laptop which had only brushes, no fonts.

=(
m0s3pH
About Me

07/10/2013 05:20 AM (UTC)
Damn, I tried to fix your link, because it isn't displaying for me.
Torchia
07/10/2013 03:06 PM (UTC)
I will be entering. Thursday is coming up fast... I hope I make it on time!

m0s3pH Wrote:
Damn, I tried to fix your link, because it isn't displaying for me.

I got it working. Here it is, hosted on Imgur.

*******UlcaTron's entry, not mine.*******

*******UlcaTron's entry, not mine.*******
m0s3pH
About Me

07/10/2013 05:59 PM (UTC)
UlcaTron Wrote:

I know my name aint there but I made this real fast on my brothers laptop which had only brushes, no fonts.

=(

Couldn't you go here and download some fonts?
legoslayer10
07/11/2013 06:46 AM (UTC)
Come on guys! You've only got today to get in your entries, and we're still looking for themes for next week! Get crackin'!
UlcaTron
07/11/2013 07:46 AM (UTC)
m0s3pH Wrote:
Couldn't you go here and download some fonts?

I know where to download them Tim lol. It was just quickly scraped (lol resin) up on his laptop and it wasn't the fastest in the world. Is it cool for this week ONLY that I don't put my name on it? It seems so tedious to do all that work just to put "UT" on it...

EDIT: Decided to not be a pussy and add the font!

GOOD LUCK to all of you who have and will participate in SOTW!

Ricardo Snow
07/11/2013 10:14 AM (UTC)
BlackErmac
07/11/2013 12:12 PM (UTC)
I missed doing this!

Torchia
07/11/2013 03:32 PM (UTC)
I started this one quite some time ago, and never completed/did anything with it. I just don't have time to make a new one this week between starting a new job, and all kinds of other boring stuff you don't want to hear about.

Here's my (technically incomplete) entry! I'll be in it to win it, pizza place spin it, step up and frown while I hardy-har grin it next week. Have fun, all!

m0s3pH
About Me

07/12/2013 04:22 AM (UTC)
xB$INx

Murcielago

UlcaTron

flameshang

Torchia's entry never got done, it seems. BlackErmac's entry is withheld unless a username is added.

Anyway, 4 eligible entries this week. Was hoping for more, but it can't be helped. Voting begins now. Pick your top 3.
BlackErmac
07/12/2013 05:19 AM (UTC)
Didn't properly read the rules I suppose, but here we go :P

KingBellsprout
07/12/2013 05:33 AM (UTC)
Flameshang
B$IN
Murcie
Torchia
07/12/2013 02:52 PM (UTC)
Aw. I still meant for it to be entered, as half-assed as it was. :-/

Oh well.

1) flameshang
Simplistic, but elegant. Not cluttered or flashy. That's the way I like my signatures. Odd that something with Sub Zero in it is so damn hot.

2) Murcielago
Almost a little too crowded for my personal tastes, but it's still eye-buldgingly pretty.

3) UlcaTron
Again, I like simplicity, but this one was 3rd because of... Wait for it... The name! I know you had to go out of your way to add it in as an afterthought, and it kind of shows. It doesn't flow with the rest of the signature, and that makes me sad inside.

As for xB$INx, the reason I left yours off my top 3 is simply because it seems way too cluttered with the red around the borders. In addition, it has these strange blue/white lines randomly placed throughout the whole thing. I'm not picking on you, promise! Something about this particular entry of yours just doesn't sit right with me. It's by no means a bad signature, but compared to the competition, it just didn't quite make the cut.
Nephrite
07/12/2013 06:39 PM (UTC)
01. xB$INx
02. flameshang
03. Murcielago
xB$INx
About Me

07/12/2013 06:43 PM (UTC)
Oh no harm done, torchia. I can respect other peoples opinion and am open to critique. The feedback is much appreciated. Just for a quick defense from the artist's perspective, the random blue and white lines are lighting streamlines that are often seen in digital and movie shots (such as on the cover of the movie "End of Watch.") They also act as leading lines for the eye through the sig. As far as the red around the border, I had made the sig all the way until the point of the text and felt that the red from the text needed a compliment so that the text did not stand out so much. The red I feel helps to make things flow better together in a more unison way.

Does BlackErmac's sig count now? If so, then my votes are as follows:

1. BlackErmac: Your sig is very well put together. The background is not complicated and does not take away from the main image. I feel like the lighting could have been a little brighter, but it works well with the white nonetheless.

2. Murcie: Bright and flashy with plenty for the eye to catch. Very nicely done.

3. flameshang: As a more simplistic sig, this is very nicely executed. I like sigs with a little more going on, but a simplistic sig every once and awhile is nice.

If BlackErmac's does not count:
1.Murcie
2.flameshang
3.Ulcatron: I like the background design of your sig and it fits well with the main image. The only thing is that I think is a different color may have been used just a little bit to break up the green, or at least a greater variety of shades of green (like flameshang's blues). Still a nice sig though.
Jiro
About Me

Kung Lao/Smoke main. Maker of puns and bad jokes.

07/12/2013 07:22 PM (UTC)
Ulcatron (Because I'm a fan of Green Arrow :P)
B$IN (Because Archery (see above))
BlackErmac (Because Infamous)

But if we aren't counting BlackErmac, then Murcielago has my third vote (I like the colors used)
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

07/12/2013 10:51 PM (UTC)
Flameshang
Da tronz
BSIN

Hopefully next time I can pull off a better sig. Been forever since I've done one. I've gotten super rusty.
Ricardo Snow
07/13/2013 12:25 AM (UTC)
Murcie
BSIN
Ulcatron

Good entries
(Erik)
07/13/2013 01:19 AM (UTC)
BSIN
Mercimiago
UlcaTron
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

07/13/2013 01:46 AM (UTC)
(Erik) Wrote:Mercimiago

Spot on
Pages: 5
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.