Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 2 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (22.4%)
Jade (46.9%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (22.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.1%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • October 15th, 2017
    Lost Kontent: Raiden Adventure Game Screenshot [Read On]
  • October 15th, 2017
    Raiden Strikes in Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]
  • October 5th, 2017
    Xavier Woods is Raiden in WWE Immortals [Read On]
  • October 5th, 2017
    Hi-Res Injustice Raiden & Black Lightning Artwork [Read On]
  • October 3rd, 2017
    First-Look Trailer Introduces Atom to Injustice 2 [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 7

Mick-LuciferPosted: 07/25/2013 01:46 PMStatus ::
Injustice DLC: New Character Coming; No Season Pass 2

With the impending arrival of Martian Manhunter as the fifth downloadable character, the question inevitably turns to what comes next for Injustice: Gods Among Us.

NetherRealm Studios have clearly been committed to a robust downloadable content strategy: going above and beyond their establishing work on Mortal Kombat (2011). [Injustice] is now one character ahead- with a mess of extra costumes, and the freshly minted DLC S.T.A.R. Labs Missions for the original Season Pass four. It will gain at least one more character soon, per a fresh twitter announcement.

Is Black Canary a "BIG" enough reveal?

Concept artwork for classic Justice Leaguer Black Canary got everyone wondering ahead of the Evo character reveal. As we note in our Arrow DLC Giveaway; the CW live-action Green Arrow series will introduce Black Canary in its second season.

The concept art [by artist Bernard Beneteau] shows a variety of adaptations of Black Canary's classic bodysuit and stockings. It must be said, the Canary does make a small cameo in the finished game, but could this be the sign of existing plans for something more? A self-fulfilling prophecy, now that it's out? Who ever it is coming, they're being billed as a ""BIG fan favorite request".

Of course, Black Canary is hardly the only character fans have been speculating about. Rumors of a Dr. Fate playable build resurfaced when Creative Director Ed Boon tweeted a photo with the hero seen on his PC desktop. Fans initiated through cartoons and teen stories have been enticed by Twitter polls featuring Red Hood -- Batman's once dead sidekick, Jason Todd. Zatanna & Powergirl have also been popular, gender conscious rumors. Could all of this be building to another Season Pass? According to Boon -- no.

Whether any of us like it, or are even aware of it, the world of fighting games is changing. The capacity of technology is such that a world of twenty-plus versions of Street Fighter II is not only unacceptable, but wholly unnecessary.

The downloadable revolution will likely change the fighting game in many ways, but for now, Compatibility Packs show us the support process is designed to favour a future that sustains the lifespan of any competitive game like Injustice.

Games like Tekken Revolution and Killer Instinct show us where this is heading. They aren't just dedicating themselves to support of a title and dedication to the post-release refining process -- they're making the title the platform. In other words, instead of relying on the bulk transaction of a disc in a box, they're now offering you the foundation for free, with micro transaction options offering a customizable consumer experience. It's a consumer experience that means instead of a sequel in two years, you could be looking forward to two years of new characters, and tech support.

Mortal Kombat arguably got this ball rolling with a considerate post-game strategy that threw a bone to die hard fans. Injustice is clearly taking the idea a step further, with a more thorough pre-meditated consumer strategy. Even if it's one step closer in design to the traditions of the generation prior, it is the forebear and direct relative of the platform-based concepts of Tekken and Killer Instinct. There almost certainly will be an end to Injustice DLC -- new consoles demand it. To stop at one post-Season Pass character, though? That seems unlikely.

NetherRealm Studios will be giving you an early sneak peek at Martian Manhunter when they launch a live preview stream July 29th (Monday) [full story]. You can submit what will inevitably be one of a Martian tonne of questions via the #NRSStream. Speculate more about future Injustice DLC and the usefulness of another Season Pass on the forums.

Reports confirm 40 S.T.A.R. Labs Missions are now available to download for $1.99, or free to Season Pass holders. Lobo, Batgirl, General Zod & Scorpion each receive 10 playable missions. Discuss this and more on the DC Universe Injustice forum!

PhantomsPosted: 07/25/2013 03:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::1425
Nationality::United States
RE: Injustice DLC: New Character Coming; No Season Pass 2

Damn, 3 more after Manhunter could've made the character select screen less ugly.... I totally read this post wrong.

DetoxPosted: 07/25/2013 03:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::4244

After the first season pass selections, I honestly don't mind there not being a second season pass. Don't get me wrong, I've used them all at some point and am happy with Lobo, but 3/4 of that pass was filler. It could've been so much more.

Gotta admit, I'm not a huge fan of Black Canary or Zatanna, so who knows. If its them I might just have to set that one out. Red Hood, just based on who he is, I can't see being anymore than a deathstroke/batman hybrid. That's immediately what struck me when I watched "Under the Red Hood" anyway.

I talk shit now, then NRS makes them look awesome and I'll buy 'em anyway. I r sheep.

Photobucket

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
MINIONPosted: 07/25/2013 04:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::11469

Honestly BIG Fan Requested, Powergirl. Power character, BIG Boobs. I can see her being the one.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
oraclePosted: 07/25/2013 05:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::9360

I've seen more people ask for Poison Ivy than I have Power Girl.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
MKKitanaPosted: 07/25/2013 06:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::5555
Nationality::Scotland

No 2nd season pass doesnt bother me as I dont buy much DLC so I would only generally buy characters singly anyway and im not fussed for costumes.
Also not a Black Canary fan at all.

I would love Poison Ivy or Zatanna.

Led_AuditorePosted: 07/25/2013 08:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::2092

Too bad for no extta character pass, but I 'd be ok licking up character individually. That way buy the ones you want

Image and video hosting by TinyPic -courtesy from MINION-
Vash_15Posted: 07/25/2013 08:29 PMStatus ::

Visits::11780

oracle Wrote:
I've seen more people ask for Poison Ivy than I have Power Girl.

To be fair, I don't remember anyone asking for Batgirl, or being too excited when she was announced.

oraclePosted: 07/25/2013 09:00 PMStatus ::

Or Zod or Scorpion and Lobo was more of a gift for the people that requested him during MKvsDCU. Comparatively he was hardly requested as well. The first four characters were decided and on LONG before any character polls popped up. The characters we get now are supposed to be all fan requested so it's just a question of which fans are they listening to.

Worth noting is I think Boon said there would be no Bat-characters in the second season pass but at this point he was probably saying that because there was no season pass so Red Hood and Ivy are both possibilities I suppose.

mkdfanPosted: 07/26/2013 12:05 AMStatus ::

Visits::8517
Nationality::England

I'll be happy with anyone they give us. I've been impressed with all DLC characters so far but I must say if we do get Poison Ivy I will shit my pants with happiness!

oraclePosted: 07/26/2013 12:25 AMStatus ::

I'd pretty much be happy with anyone from DC as well. Pretty much everyone I asked for was put in.

WhereThereIsSmokePosted: 07/26/2013 02:26 AMStatus ::

Visits::1546
Nationality::South Africa

I'm fine with this, BUT I will flip my shit if they go and announce one at a later date after I have bought a couple of individual characters.

If you use the term "spam" I have no time for your argument.
DetoxPosted: 07/26/2013 04:14 AMStatus ::

WhereThereIsSmoke Wrote:
I'm fine with this, BUT I will flip my shit if they go and announce one at a later date after I have bought a couple of individual characters.

I would hope after the disappointment surrounding the first season pass, that they'd avoid any shenanigans like that.

Photobucket

Aquarius_DPosted: 07/26/2013 05:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::6736
Nationality::Malaysia

MINION Wrote:
Honestly BIG Fan Requested, Powergirl. Power character, BIG Boobs. I can see her being the one.

Amen, brother

photo Aquarius_D_Power_Girl.png
MangoPosted: 07/26/2013 06:27 AMStatus ::

Visits::2123
Nationality::Australia

Aww yeah. First we get Drax the Destroyer, now Mockingbird!

Can't wait for Miss Marvel and Magik!

JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 07/26/2013 07:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::13163
Nationality::United Kingdom

The whole "No season pass" screams to me that WB/NRS budgeted the DLC within the original release of the game (like everyone else) but because ever since the game was announced quite a few characters that weren't in were being screamed at to be in the game. (Martian Manhunter, Black Canary among others)

The DLC characters (exception of Lobo) were not received positively with Batgirl being perhaps the worst received because she was a bat character.

So this is kinda an apology for shitty DLC.

So yeah. I'd love for Power Girl to be in but kinda doubt it at this point.

I'd see Black Canary being in because Biker Blond Bomb in leather with Sindel's banshee specials would be pretty easy to do. (But going by those concepts NRS are determined to screw it up)

As for the other two I would say Villain and Villainess.

If this was a Capcom/BlazBlue developed game I'd say it would be Poison Ivy and she would sit on a moveable throne of roses with lethal vines bursting out of the ground. BUT its not so its going to be like... I dont know. Live Wire probably.

hayder_onlinePosted: 07/26/2013 08:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::1668
Nationality::Colombia

She looks like Sonya MK9 first costume to me..!!!

oraclePosted: 07/26/2013 11:12 AMStatus ::

JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:
The DLC characters (exception of Lobo) were not received positively with Batgirl being perhaps the worst received because she was a bat character.
No just because she wasn't the bat character they wanted.

Vash_15Posted: 07/26/2013 03:54 PMStatus ::

Visits::11780

oracle Wrote:
JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:

No just because she wasn't the bat character they wanted.

"Just because" you say? let me tell you all the reasons Batgirl was a terrible choice.

-She, unlike Red Hood, was never established as anything BUT a Bat character. She's as basic as it gets and it was obvious they were just itching for a female fighter.
-Her role as "tiny batman" didn't leave a lot of possibilities for moves, and what they came up with wasn't very exciting.
-It was the Barbara Gordon version. Cassandra Cain is in desperate need of some representation, and Stephanie Brown is the real fan favorite Batgirl, instead we got saddled with the worst of the worst, fucking Babs.
-It became worse AFTER she was released because her moveset was essentially everything a scrub could want. Hell, if I went on Injustice online RIGHT NOW, I could guarantee that at least 50% of the Batgirls there would either cartwheel nonstop, or batarang/teleport spam (and then quit when continually punished).

Batgirl was never a good choice and in my eyes never will be. There's just too much wrong with everything about her. Red Hood or Azrael, on the other hand, are established enough outside of the Bat Family and are distinct enough in terms of their abilities to at least have playstyles that aren't too similar to Batman.

JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 07/26/2013 06:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::13163
Nationality::United Kingdom

You guys, chill.

Vash is pretty much right.

You just need to bolt on: And there are too many bat characters anyway.

Dont get me wrong: Batman, Joker, Catwoman, Harley are all pretty much yes. But you look at that roster it just feels that we could have got away with not having Nightwing. Grundy is pretty much an everyone hates him guy.

I guess if the roster was 32 characters pre DLC; Batgirl would have been cool. I mean they did give her some good lines but thats about it.

Darkhound74Posted: 07/26/2013 07:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::5376

I honestly do not see why a lot of people are demanding Jason Todd..

photo darkhoundsig_zps0f1vqozf.gif
Thanks MINION
redmanPosted: 07/26/2013 08:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::4713

Darkhound74 Wrote:

I don't have a clue either. He's lame in my opinion.

DetoxPosted: 07/26/2013 09:09 PMStatus ::

Darkhound74 Wrote:

I can agree with this. In terms of gameplay, he's more or less gonna be a hybrid of deathstroke/batman. In terms of roster diversity(which seems to be such a huge issue amongst this community), he has STRONG ties to batman. You can say he's moved beyond it, and he has, but at his very foundation he's a bat character. You can't say "No bat characters" and then demand a bat character....its against the rules haha.

Photobucket

evilekimPosted: 07/26/2013 11:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::3001

redman Wrote:
Darkhound74 Wrote:

I don't have a clue either. He's lame in my opinion.

I disagree with both of you. Personally, I didn't think Zod or Batgirl had much to offer, but(gameplay wise)they're both better than I thought.
As far as Red Hood goes, he fits in perfectly with this game. Speed, agility, knife attacks, machine guns, and deadly as anyone else on the menu. I liked him more as a villain than the new 52, but either way he's worth having.
In the past 25 years Jason has endured some serious pain, he's only been recently getting recognized. The "unofficial" poll speaks for itself.
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Led_AuditorePosted: 07/26/2013 11:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::2092

Detox Wrote:
Darkhound74 Wrote:

IYou can't say "No bat characters" and then demand a bat character....its against the rules haha.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic -courtesy from MINION-
Page of 7

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.