oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

03/02/2014 06:56 AM (UTC)
I really have to wait to see more. At least the suit looks well done.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/11/2014 11:10 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
03/12/2014 03:05 AM (UTC)
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

03/12/2014 08:57 AM (UTC)
Yeah I saw the whole suit on tumblr. It's a not for me lol.
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

03/12/2014 12:14 PM (UTC)
I like it.

Looks a little baggy in that last picture ^^

Doesn't look that way in the one above it though!
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/12/2014 11:54 PM (UTC)
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

03/13/2014 09:30 PM (UTC)
Looks baggy in those pics, those are the ones I saw on Tumblr. I feel like they either should have made it more superhero-y or less superhero-y.
raidenthefridge
About Me

03/16/2014 09:09 PM (UTC)
The more I look at it, the more I like it. The ears arn't as flat as they look in the head shot.

Tbh, I think the costume is less important than The special effect they use for his speed, it could make or break the show.

I just hope its not the Smallville slow motion/blur/lightly jogging thing (I enjoyed smallville but I had to cringe at those parts).
Coltess
03/21/2014 10:19 AM (UTC)
I'm a Flash fan, and I'm really excited for this. However, I think the show hinges on how they address villains. Now, I absolutely love the Flash's rogues gallery but it's very much for a comic-book world, and the CW wants people who don't necessarily read the comics.

Trickster and Heatwave I think could be reasonable villains with minor touch ups to make them seem more realistic.

Pied Piper, Captain Boomerang, Abra Kadabra, and the Top, I think, could work if they were given a treatment like Firefly, Count Vertigo, and Shrapnel got in Arrow - the name is the same, but the character is fundamentally different.

Captain Cold, Weather Wizard, and Mirror Master prove to be a little bit more of a problem. Cold is the leader of The Rouges (which I would hope appears in a completed form) and is a fascinatingly personal character. However, the notion of a cold gun might conjure up images of Batman and Robin (with more MacGregor's syndrome). I'm sure they'll work out a way, but it's beyond my imagination.

Gorilla Grodd - Nope. I cannot, for the life of me imagine Grodd as a Gorilla showing up if they're serious about the show. Unless he's Guerrilla Grodd, Folded Man has a better chance.

Finally, Professor Zoom. This one might be a bit of a toss up, he might be Eobard Thawne or he might be someone entirely different. I'd've shot down the time travel element, if it wasn't already hinted in Arrow that Barry was saved by himself after his mother's murder. So, I'm curious to what they're going to do there.

Then, of course, they'll borrow from elsewhere in the DC universe.

raidenthefridge
About Me

03/21/2014 01:06 PM (UTC)
I find it strange that they've cast killer frost instead of Captain Cold..

Unless she somehow paves the way for Cold.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

03/21/2014 05:09 PM (UTC)
Haven't you heard? She outranks him. In all seriousness over the past several years (since Justice League) Killer Frost has been one of the premier ice villains in the expanded DC universe. I imagine her being in Injustice has something to do with it or vice versa.
Coltess
03/21/2014 09:30 PM (UTC)
In all honesty, I don't like her. I was pretty pissed at her
inclusion in INJUSTICE over Captain Cold. She better not be some sort of substitute in the series
raidenthefridge
About Me

03/22/2014 09:18 PM (UTC)
Well Cold is more of a traditional Flash villian so I'd be suprised if he doesnt show up at some point.

Since Frosts ice powers are organic and Colds are technology, maybe he could use her to create his weapons or something.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/09/2014 01:00 AM (UTC)
- "The Flash," "iZombie" Get Series Orders from The CW

Network Description: "THE FLASH

Barry Allen is a Central City assistant police forensics investigator who arrives in Starling to look into a series of unexplained robberies that may have a connection to a tragedy in his past. A comic book fanboy, Barry is obsessed with the Arrow unaware that working with Oliver and Felicity to solve the crime has brought him right into the dangerous world of the vigilante.

CAST: Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanaugh, John Wesley Shipp, Michelle Harrison, Patrick Sabongui"

Is getting picked up anything but a formality for these shows? Feels like someone's gonna have to go out there and really tank to get shot down. Even then, I'm not sure that's the end. Being crap hasn't stopped other shows.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/09/2014 11:41 PM (UTC)

Sizzle pic.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/15/2014 12:36 AM (UTC)
Jiro
About Me

Kung Lao/Smoke main. Maker of puns and bad jokes.

05/15/2014 09:54 PM (UTC)
raidenthefridge
About Me

05/15/2014 10:21 PM (UTC)
wow, I liked the trailer.

The speed effects look good, which was my biggest concern. The costume looks better in motion that it does in the set pics.

I could see Green Arrow and Flashes interaction could be like Batman and Supermans usually is The Cautious pessimist and the lighthearted optimist.

I'm looking forward to this show more now :)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/15/2014 11:55 PM (UTC)
Jironobou Wrote:
Extended Trailer thing

Looks neat.

If all goes to plan, this show could make all other superhero TV look as stupid and bland as it is. Extended trailer has finally piqued my interest. For any flaws or disappointments, it looks like they can really earn it back with content. Fingers crossed.

The Professor Zoom stuff at the beginning was a great kick-off. Wonder who'll be underneath the yellow blur. Does a man in a wheelchair in a show about running stay there for long? Where's John Wesley Shipp in all this? They've struck a really nice balance between reveal and intrigue.

[Still not wild about the costume or the kid pencil neck geek wearing it]

raidenthefridge Wrote:
I'm looking forward to this show more now :)

Wooo!

- 15 Things to Note in the First Trailer for The Flash TV Series

Nice breakdown for anyone who might not be clued in. [via @GeoffJohns]
RazorsEdge701
05/16/2014 03:28 AM (UTC)
I'm sure that wheelchair guy won't make it two seasons without becoming a villain. He could very well end up copying the origin of the comics' second Zoom, Hunter Zolomon, who gained his speed powers trying to un-cripple himself.

(And Barry's other two STAR Labs friends, as already sorta mentioned, are named Caitlin Snow and Cisco Ramon, a.k.a. Killer Frost and Vibe in the comics.)

But as far as the first Zoom...it can't be ignored that one of the regular cast is a dude named "Eddie Thawne", and his backstory is that he's a cop who's "new to town".
As for Shipp, I'm hopin' he's Garrick. Barry from an alternate reality or the future COULD certainly work...but that's not really the sort of character you have around all the time and I'd rather see the dude become a regular I guess. I wish Mark Hamill wasn't too old to play the Trickster again, his is the only version of that character I've ever really liked, particularly the JLU "sweet, friendly guy who forgets to take his meds" version.
Oh, and I noticed that the bad guy in the trailer's name is Clyde Mardon. In the comics, Weather Wizard is Mark Mardon (or Marco now, the Nu52 turned him hispanic, but judging from the blonde actor I'm guessing the show won't follow suit on that one), who got his powers from his dead brother Clyde (he wasn't a metahuman, he invented a machine, I'm sure the show will have a suitable workaround).
So, I'm guessing the pilot/that tornado scene doesn't end too well for the bad guy...
EDIT: I think if you freezeframe during the scene where Barry's mom dies, Shipp's actually playing Barry's dad.
Coltess
05/16/2014 07:14 AM (UTC)
I felt the trailer was a bit much. I'm super excited as a Flash fan, but I think there was A LOT of info crammed into that commercial; just like Constantine's. Also, in the extended cut they seemed really tied to Arrow, and while I like Arrow, I don't want the Flash to play second fiddle to Oliver Queen.

Also, I guess I've got to eat my hat on Weather Wizard. The name change bugged me again too, but I guess the CW likes that - Sara Lance and all.
raidenthefridge
About Me

05/16/2014 09:01 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
I felt the trailer was a bit much. I'm super excited as a Flash fan, but I think there was A LOT of info crammed into that commercial;

Yea, I sort of feel this way too. I think what we just watched was a cut down version of the pilot, but it seems to give away a lot of the plot, still come episode 2 were all fresh!

I wish Ship was playing Zoom but it looks like he'l play Barrys Dad. Also, did anyone else thing Ollies flip thing off the roof looked more awkward than bad ass?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/27/2014 10:05 PM (UTC)
- John Wesley Shipp's Role on "The Flash" Confirmed

The trailer pretty well tipped this off, but you can officially erase any doubt now. Bit of an anti-climax. For all the interest and speculation it might've fuelled, this strikes me as another one of those times where letting peoples imaginations run wild might've been counter-productive.

"THE FLASH"

Barry Allen was just 11 years old when his mother was killed in a bizarre and terrifying incident and his father was falsely convicted of the murder. With his life changed forever by the tragedy, Barry was taken in and raised by Detective Joe West, the father of Barry’s best friend, Iris. Now, Barry has become a brilliant, driven and endearingly geeky CSI investigator, whose determination to uncover the truth about his mother’s strange death leads him to follow up on every unexplained urban legend and scientific advancement that comes along. Barry’s latest obsession is a cutting edge particle accelerator, created by visionary physicist Harrison Wells and his S.T.A.R. Labs team, who claim that this invention will bring about unimaginable advancements in power and medicine. However, something goes horribly wrong during the public unveiling, and when the devastating explosion causes a freak storm, many lives are lost and Barry is struck by lightning. After nine months in a coma, Barry awakens to find his life has changed once again – the accident has given him the power of super speed, granting him the ability to move through Central City like an unseen guardian angel. Though initially excited by his newfound powers, Barry is shocked to discover he is not the only “meta-human” who was created in the wake of the accelerator explosion – and not everyone is using their new powers for good. In the months since the accident, the city has seen a sharp increase in missing people, unexplained deaths and other strange phenomena. Barry now has a renewed purpose – using his gift of speed to protect the innocent, while never giving up on his quest to solve his mother’s murder and clear his father’s name. For now, only a few close friends and associates know that Barry is literally the fastest man alive, but it won’t be long before the world learns what Barry Allen has become...The Flash.

The series stars Grant Gustin (“Glee,” “Arrow”) as Barry Allen/The Flash, Candice Patton (“The Game”) as Iris West, Rick Cosnett (“The Vampire Diaries”) as Eddie Thawne, Danielle Panabaker (“Necessary Roughness,” “Justified”) as Caitlin Snow, Carlos Valdes (“Once” on Broadway ) as Cisco Ramon, with Tom Cavanagh (“Ed,” “Eli Stone”) as Harrison Wells and Jesse L. Martin (“Law & Order”) as Detective West. THE FLASH is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Berlanti Productions and Warner Bros. Television, with executive producers Greg Berlanti (“Arrow,” “The Tomorrow People,” “Green Lantern”), Andrew Kreisberg (“Arrow,” “Eli Stone”), David Nutter (“Arrow,” “Game of Thrones”) and Sarah Schechter. The pilot was directed by David Nutter. This series is based upon characters published by DC Entertainment.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/13/2014 07:27 PM (UTC)
- ‘The Flash’ Speeds Up In This Sneak Peek Look At Barry Allen’s Powers

Every sneak peek photo/video/Tweet/rumor/etc. gets us more and more excited for The CW’s remake of “The Flash,” and this latest featurette is the best one yet — because it gives fans a full and proper look at Barry Allen’s (played by Grant Gustin) incredible power.
raidenthefridge
About Me

06/27/2014 10:56 AM (UTC)
You can watch the first Episode online.

I did, I liked it, although its pretty much the five minute trailer lol.

Lots of references to things like Gorilla Grodd, Keystone City (the home of Jay Garrick and Wally West), Ferris Air, and.....Wayne Tech!

Now I'm sad I've to wait a few months.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.