Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    Kombat Kon Date Announced: October 27, 2018 [Read On]
  • July 23rd, 2018
    SDCC: Paris Jackson Cosplays Sonya at Comic-Con [Read On]
  • July 19th, 2018
    Review: Injustice vs. Masters of the Universe #1 [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (51.0%)
Out of kredits. (48.9%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 4

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/07/2013 07:53 PMStatus ::
Injustice DLC: Zatanna Gameplay Trailer

S'ehs eno fo eht CD Sesrevinu tseb nwonk cigam seoreh dna s'ehs gnignirb reh kramedart backwards spells ot Ecitsujni: Sdog Gnoma Su! Yeh otserp! S'ti Annataz!

The most iconic members of the Justice League continue to assemble as Zatanna joins the playable roster as the sixth downloadable content addition! Her magic arsenal is on full display in the announcement trailer [above].

Coming August 13; Zatanna is the second individually released character since the Season Pass, following fellow fan-favourite inclusion Martian Manhunter. Like all the previous download characters, she will be individually sold for $4.99.

According to Creative Director Ed Boon -- who held a poll on twitter for a small selection of characters -- the magician was second in popularity only to the shockingly omitted Martian.

Static proved next popular -- a character originally part of the African-American focused Milestone Comics line, before being folded into the DC Universe in 2008 as part of an official merger. DC Comics had previously served as publisher and distributor for the group, founded in 1993 by the late Dwayne McDuffie and Denys Cowan. The Static character is best remembered from his starring role in the animated series Satic Shock.

Zatanna has had her own on-going presence in animated series, having been one of the few heroes to find her way into the now classic Batman: The Animated Series, before returning in Justice League Unlimited. A youthful version recently featured in Young Justice, supplanted by her paternal predecessor, Zatara. Zatara -- a somewhat unremarkable character in the mould of Lee Falk's classic Mandrake the Magician -- holds the distinction of being the other character to debut in Action Comics #1 [opposite Superman]. Moral of the story: read a comic, punk.

Zatanna, of course, has a lengthy comic book history of her own, not at all overshadowed in her 1964 debut in Hawkman #4. An issue that not only introduces Zatanna, but once again reinforces the importance of Hawkman to all you silly young pups. Zatanna's been a charter member of the Justice League since the seventies and has done all kinds of things, including erase peoples memories, hang out with Batman, and make magic and top hats cool.

The notion of magic as a "weakness" is pretty darn silly, but we're sure Zatanna will do a great job of battling Superman and his Injustice Regime, regardless! Ezilamron Namrepus!

Find a whole lot more from Gods Among Us in the DC Universe Injustice forum! Talk backwards about all things DC and just generally amuse yourselves in the most annoying way possible.

mkdfanPosted: 08/07/2013 09:17 AMStatus ::

Visits::8532
Nationality::England
RE: Zatanna Gameplay Trailer

Love her!

Might knock Batgirl off the top as my favourite DLC character.
Is she a hero or a villain?

Dasher10Posted: 08/07/2013 09:20 AMStatus ::

Visits::2020
Nationality::United States

She's a hero

MINIONPosted: 08/07/2013 09:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469

gr8! she's gonna dominate midscreen and rush down. sorry batgirl new queen in the house. and i got to say, she just screams badass for females in this game. by far the best female inclusion. well done nrs.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
JAX007Posted: 08/07/2013 09:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::8581
Nationality::Canada

I love the fire breathing, Reptile's slow forceball style.

MINIONPosted: 08/07/2013 09:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::11469

JAX007 Wrote:
I love the fire breathing, Reptile's slow forceball style.

Also Dhalsims Yoga Fire from SSFIV.

Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
SirojPosted: 08/07/2013 10:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::3790
Nationality::Belgium

Oh my goodness! Now that is how you do a character!

More!

MORE!

MOAR!!

(And by more, I mean Power Girl. )

etuiseePosted: 08/07/2013 10:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::792

Omg I'm so happy I actually shed a tear. I was a little disappointed in the lack of backwords magic words but whatevs beggars cant be choosers

Heavy-RainPosted: 08/07/2013 10:29 AMStatus ::

Visits::654

The only thing I really like about her is sims fireball.

She has Kung lao's hat throw, quan's trance, noob's portal move. I'm not really impressed.

etuiseePosted: 08/07/2013 10:40 AMStatus ::

Visits::792

Heavy-Rain Wrote:
The only thing I really like about her is sims fireball.

She has Kung lao's hat throw, quan's trance, noob's portal move. I'm not really impressed.

And reptiles acid ball thingy but with fire. But as far as I'm concerned they can keep recycling moves from mk, I really don't care as long as they keep making new characters

WhereThereIsSmokePosted: 08/07/2013 11:00 AMStatus ::

Visits::1546
Nationality::South Africa

So another "stance switch" trait? Seems she takes her wand out.

Not convinced of a buy on this one. Lets hope we get a good skin with her. (Female Sinestro !!!)

Swamp Thing or Atrocius next pls!

If you use the term "spam" I have no time for your argument.
redmanPosted: 08/07/2013 11:05 AMStatus ::

Visits::4740

Really fucking wanted Dr Fate but oh well..

WhereThereIsSmokePosted: 08/07/2013 11:14 AMStatus ::

Visits::1546
Nationality::South Africa

BTW, got a really strong Kung Lao vibe from her.

Seems she can move her projectile up or down, plus that divekick...

If you use the term "spam" I have no time for your argument.
TheNinjasRock071394Posted: 08/07/2013 11:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::8685

The reptile fireball was nice but that's about it. That super was really uninteresting considering all of the things they could have done with it. Oh well.

blackcyborgPosted: 08/07/2013 11:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::18499

redman Wrote:
Really fucking wanted Dr Fate but oh well..

Would have been nice. Maybe in the next game, at least Boon has said he's a fan of Fate.

She looks good. I like that the outfit is her classic outfit, nothing overdone. She looks like a lot of fun.

Aquarius_DPosted: 08/07/2013 11:51 AMStatus ::

Visits::6736
Nationality::Malaysia

Awesome addition to the roster!

but seriously please Ed & co, don't forget to include Power Girl as well

photo Aquarius_D_Power_Girl.png
ryleigh87Posted: 08/07/2013 12:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::758
Nationality::United Kingdom

Fighting style looks great, really fast with great combo potential, the specials look like they're nicely rounded and I like her special. Trait looks cool and costume is traditional which is a nice change but... I hope that isn't the final model as her face doesn't look complete. Like her eyes, nose and mouth don't seem to be animated properly.

PhantomsPosted: 08/07/2013 12:18 PMStatus ::

Visits::1425

So, Zatanna won the poll, and Static Shock came in second... What happened to Red Hood...?

Heavy-RainPosted: 08/07/2013 12:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::654

I'll still end up getting her just because I support character dlc. I don't mind that the moves are recycled I just really wanted Red hood hahaha.

Led_AuditorePosted: 08/07/2013 12:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::2092

YES! My #1 DC lady in the da house!! (As well as my top 3 are in-game too: ZT,BG,WW) looks like her moves are almost like Kung Lao's which is cool!

NRS you has my 5$ now!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic -courtesy from MINION-
LucaTurilliPosted: 08/07/2013 12:42 PMStatus ::

Visits::2785

100% disappointed in this character. She's a generic video game sorceress. Teleports, elemental based moves and projectiles. Completely uninspired.

Her moves needed to be based off classic magic tricks and more technically unique. There are traces of the right idea... her throw and her playing cards projectile, but even those aren't fully realized.

She's exactly what I was worried she'd be... completely bland.

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 08/07/2013 12:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::19142

She looks very interesting and probably top tier. I imagine she'll definitely change the competition.

oraclePosted: 08/07/2013 01:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::9427

LucaTurilli Wrote:
There are traces of the right idea... her throw and her playing cards projectile, but even those aren't fully realized.
I think they did pretty good in that respect actually. They did a better job than Justice League Heroes did.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
SirojPosted: 08/07/2013 01:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::3790
Nationality::Belgium

Anyone know what she says during her Super? It's obivously backwards, but I can't figure it out. :p

KcinTnargPosted: 08/07/2013 02:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::6958

LucaTurilli Wrote:
100% disappointed in this character. She's a generic video game sorceress. Teleports, elemental based moves and projectiles. Completely uninspired.

Her moves needed to be based off classic magic tricks and more technically unique. There are traces of the right idea... her throw and her playing cards projectile, but even those aren't fully realized.

She's exactly what I was worried she'd be... completely bland.

^This!

Page of 4

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.