Guardians of the Galaxy (2014 Marvel film)
posted12/12/2014 04:31 AM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!

Guardians of the Galaxy Premiere Trailer
Guardians of the Galaxy TV Spot 1

New pics. Character vignettes.

Could be one of the more interesting Marvel films to date. Who's biting?
UlcaTron
02/18/2014 03:23 PM (UTC)
I'm fully in.

People probably have a COMPLETELY wrong idea of what this movie will be like. Star-Lord is a badass and so is Chris Pratt. This movie will whoop some ass. I bet we'll see more of Thanos (considering his adopted-daughter is apart of GotG) and maybe some Nova, too..
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
02/19/2014 05:19 AM (UTC)
Premiere trailer added to OG post. Come 'n' get it.

Disappointed we aren't seeing a lot more colour in this movie. Really thought this might be the one to break the mould, go somewhere new. The material is there, but the presentation isn't. Seems timid.

UlcaTron Wrote:
I bet we'll see more of Thanos (considering his adopted-daughter is apart of GotG) and maybe some Nova, too..

I think we're going to want to temper those expectations.
Coltess
02/19/2014 07:22 AM (UTC)
I'm actually excited about the movie, though no-where near as much as Cap 2. However the trailer, to me, seemed like it was just a "Here's the cast." Nothing really about the movie, which sort of disappointed me. I'm still looking forward to it, but I was just hoping to see a little bit more than the trailer gave us.
ShoeUnited
About Me

Puto, ergo non est deus
Non opus est, si pretium non habetis.

02/19/2014 03:29 PM (UTC)
I want to know why they have to fight Braniac.

Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

02/19/2014 05:00 PM (UTC)
UlcaTron Wrote:
I'm fully in.

People probably have a COMPLETELY wrong idea of what this movie will be like. Star-Lord is a badass and so is Chris Pratt. This movie will whoop some ass. I bet we'll see more of Thanos (considering his adopted-daughter is apart of GotG) and maybe some Nova, too..

Thanos may not be in it, but they have to be setting him up. I'm sure the movie will revolve around the infinity gauntlet and gems in some way, since the collector is in it.
Spider804
02/19/2014 06:19 PM (UTC)
ShoeUnited Wrote:

The Guardians are escaped convicts and the Nova Corps are space police, so....
RazorsEdge701
02/19/2014 09:49 PM (UTC)
Spider804 Wrote:
ShoeUnited Wrote:

The Guardians are escaped convicts and the Nova Corps are space police, so....

He's pointing out that the movie version of the Nova chest logo looks the same as Brainiac's logo in animated Superman.
Spider804
02/20/2014 12:17 AM (UTC)
Fair enough.
Jaded-Raven
02/20/2014 12:31 AM (UTC)
It looks fun and all... but it is not a flick I will go to the movies to see. I'll wait for it to be released on blu-ray.
UlcaTron
02/20/2014 12:33 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
UlcaTron Wrote:
I bet we'll see more of Thanos (considering his adopted-daughter is apart of GotG) and maybe some Nova, too..

Nova is more than likely a stretch. However, I do strongly believe Thanos will have a much MUCH larger presence than his Avengers 1 cameo.
Mojo6
About Me

02/20/2014 04:09 AM (UTC)
UlcaTron Wrote:
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
UlcaTron Wrote:

Nova is more than likely a stretch. However, I do strongly believe Thanos will have a much MUCH larger presence than his Avengers 1 cameo.

Yeah I'd wager this too since Thanos is the rumored "big-baddy" for the next Avengers so, this movie would help set him up. I love watching how these Marvel Universe movies connect and share a continuity like the comics.
Kabal20
About Me

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

02/20/2014 04:33 PM (UTC)
If Thanos isn't teased, you can at least expect an Ultron or Antman tease.
Spider804
02/20/2014 06:04 PM (UTC)
Even if I wasn't a fan of GOTG, I'm still looking forward to this a hell of a lot more than the dreck that is shaping up to be the Fantastic Four reboot.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

02/21/2014 03:24 PM (UTC)
Character vignettes, spotlights & more

Great primer material, particularly for anyone easing into things.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/17/2014 02:18 PM (UTC)
- COMIC REEL: New "Guardians of the Galaxy" Images...

Progress! Nobody looks bang on, but that's par for the course. Not a bad effort. I really hope Ronan The Accuser isn't being wasted.
RazorsEdge701
03/18/2014 03:18 PM (UTC)
I rather like the way they've adapted the Nova Corps outfits. They look a lot more like space cops. I mean, the traditional spandex superhero look works for Green Lanterns because their uniforms are holograms made by the ring...but the Novas don't really have that excuse, so the skintight look comes off a bit silly, though the Annihilation version was a big improvement.

I do wish Starlord had the top of his helmet, though. And I miss the matching red and blue uniforms from the comics, but maybe that would fit better in a sequel since they're supposed to be a "ragtag" band of criminals in this one.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/19/2014 05:53 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

03/25/2014 09:14 PM (UTC)
- COMIC REEL: Nova Corps Feature in "Guardians of the Galaxy" Photos...

There's something a little too Judge Dredd about it, for my taste. I would've liked more gold, something a bit more like the late 00's revamped comics look. Not wildly offensive, but not the kind of confident, colourful look that inspires, either.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/03/2014 05:55 AM (UTC)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: How Thanos Links Zoe Saldana's Gamora, Karen Gillan's Nebula & Lee Pace's Ronan the Accuser

"As mentioned, Ronan acts as trainer to both Nebula and Gamora. When asked about her relationship with The Accuser in the film, Gillan replied, "They are more like colleagues. Though, there's certainly an emotional relationship going on at the same time.""

I don't think this is going to be the Ronan The Accuser I want to see.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/04/2014 01:01 AM (UTC)
- Marvel Studios Teases Mystery "Guardians of the Galaxy" Villain, Plans Through 2028

Quick cut gets to the interesting bit: "Bloomberg Businessweek has posted a profile of Marvel Studios head Kevin Feige that not only details Feige's path to the modern Marvel Studios, but also gives quite a bit of background on some of the studio's past hit films and some very quick teases for the future -- such as James Gunn's "Guardians of the Galaxy." The piece references Gunn freezing "a frame of an imposing-looking villain any serious comic book fan would recognize instantly. He sits on a rocket-powered throne.""

Too obvious?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/08/2014 11:54 AM (UTC)
- Movie Awards Takeover: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'

"Exclusive First Look At 'Guardians Of The Galaxy'"
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/16/2014 02:10 PM (UTC)
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Preview: Marvel Hits 'The Next Level'

Rollin, rollin, rollin. Get your movie promotin. Behiiiiiiiiind (the scenes).
raidenthefridge
About Me

Thanks to MINION for taking my Siginity!

04/17/2014 05:32 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
- COMIC REEL: Nova Corps Feature in "Guardians of the Galaxy" Photos...

There's something a little too about it, for my taste. I would've liked more gold, something a bit more like the late 00's revamped comics look. Not wildly offensive, but not the kind of confident, colourful look that inspires, either.

If you watch the Trailer theres a Helmet on the desk in front of John C. Reilly, it looks more traditional Nova corps..Maybe the ones in the pictures are low ranking members and the top cops will be in the traditional uniforms.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/29/2014 03:29 AM (UTC)
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.