Coltess
04/29/2014 06:19 AM (UTC)

Eh, it's their thing.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/29/2014 06:41 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:

Eh, it's there thing.

Usually he only does the ones he created or had an iconic hand in. I don't remember him having much to do with Guardians of the Galaxy. Might be overlooking something. Doesn't really matter.
Coltess
04/29/2014 07:09 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
coltess Wrote:

Eh, it's there thing.

Usually he only does the ones he created or had an iconic hand in. I don't remember him having much to do with Guardians of the Galaxy. Might be overlooking something. Doesn't really matter.

Ugghhg, I used the wrong there, time for me to go to bed.

And I'm pretty sure he didn't have any involvement, but I think his standing within the company is why he makes an appearance. His importance with the genre allowed him to be well known enough that even those who don't like comics still know him as "the comic guy." I'd wager to say that if you surveyed a group of common folks on who the head of Marvel comics is today, that you'd get a number of people who would say Stan Lee.

A bit like a mascot, I guess. Now that I think about it, I can tell that when Stan passes away it will be a big new story, but the news anchors will have pretty much nothing in-depth to say about him. Which is sad, because aside from his work he's actually a very fascinating man. There's a biography about him on Netflix that at times had me close to tears.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/29/2014 07:28 AM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
And I'm pretty sure he didn't have any involvement, but I think his standing within the company is why he makes an appearance. His importance with the genre allowed him to be well known enough that even those who don't like comics still know him as "the comic guy." I'd wager to say that if you surveyed a group of common folks on who the head of Marvel comics is today, that you'd get a number of people who would say Stan Lee.

A bit like a mascot, I guess.

Well, that's been true for decades. It hasn't got him to cross the creator credit line for the last decade and a half of Marvel characters in movies, though. Of course, now that I think about it, he definitely had a hand in creating a couple of the key villains appearing in the film: Ronan The Accuser and The Collector. So, I guess that's something for established logic. [Again; not that it really matters.]
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/29/2014 08:53 AM (UTC)
- Chris Pratt stars in pair of new images from Guardians Of The Galaxy

Floating orb artefacts don't usually appear in all of the Marvel films.
Lets break this down, this mystery must be solved.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/29/2014 01:46 PM (UTC)
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
04/29/2014 09:11 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
- Chris Pratt stars in pair of new images from Guardians Of The Galaxy

Floating orb artefacts don't usually appear in all of the Marvel films.
Lets break this down, this mystery must be solved.

Going to suggest that mayhaps the floaty orb thing has one of the Infinity Gems inside of it. Question is, which one.
RazorsEdge701
05/02/2014 03:14 PM (UTC)
The rumor I've been hearing is that the orb is a map to find the Infinity Gems.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/08/2014 09:02 AM (UTC)

More pics of Star-Lord aka; ROBO FACE.
Coltess
05/08/2014 09:12 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

More pics of Star-Lord aka; ROBO FACE.

I prefer to call him Emmet
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/17/2014 12:16 AM (UTC)
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
05/17/2014 03:31 AM (UTC)
Looking forward to the new trailer on Monday.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/20/2014 01:34 AM (UTC)
- Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy - Trailer 2

It's finally here! Get your first "I Am Groot," more Rocket, Drax and Gamora in action, and the usual Peter Quill swagger in the second full trailer for Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy," in theaters August 1!

- "Guardians of the Galaxy" Cast, Director Go Behind-the-Scenes

Woooo! Space!
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
05/20/2014 02:48 AM (UTC)
I think the only thing that's throwing me off, and this is probably because if UMVC3, is that Rocket doesn't have a cockney accent. But other than that, I think Bradley Cooper will be just fine in the role.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/24/2014 07:09 PM (UTC)
- TOYING AROUND: Hasbro Exclusives, "Guardians Of The Galaxy" & Classic Catwoman!

What's more natural than a toy you can plunge your fist into?
Forget the action figures. I want a big foam Infinity Gauntlet!!

SmokeNc-017 Wrote:
I think the only thing that's throwing me off, and this is probably because if UMVC3, is that Rocket doesn't have a cockney accent. But other than that, I think Bradley Cooper will be just fine in the role.

I imagined him being a little Joe Pesci, or something. Tough guy deal.
Icebaby
05/24/2014 09:39 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
The rumor I've been hearing is that the orb is a map to find the Infinity Gems.

I've been hearing that too.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/30/2014 08:34 PM (UTC)
- Josh Brolin Will Play Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy

We already knew that Thanos -- the big bad of the Marvel Cinematic Universe who was teased at the end of The Avengers -- would be showing up in this summer’s Guardians of the Galaxy. And now we know who will be playing him.

Latino Review has the scoop, reporting that Josh Brolin will voice the character in James Gunn’s space adventure film. Variety and other outlets subsequently confirmed the report.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/04/2014 09:53 AM (UTC)
- How Much Thanos Will You See in Guardians of the Galaxy?

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)

Though Thanos didn't appear until the very end of The Avengers, Vulture has learned that he'll emerge in the first act of Guardians of the Galaxy. Thanos will be communicating remotely via hologram for most of the film — a move the Mad Titan likely cribbed from the equally enigmatic Emperor Palpatine in The Empire Strikes Back — though he does show up in the purple flesh for a scene that also features Ronan the Accuser (Lee Pace) and Nebula (Karen Gillan), who do Thanos's bidding and serve as the primary adversaries in Guardians. Still, though Thanos is only briefly glimpsed throughout Guardians, his presence is palpable throughout: Characters reference him often and fearfully, and he has familial ties to Gamora (Zoe Saldana), our green-skinned female lead.

The movie also presents another one of the Infinity Stones that Thanos is trying to retrieve to assemble his powerful Gauntlet. In the comics, there are six such items — gems that can manipulate Space, Mind, Soul, Reality, Time, and Power — and in the closing credits tag of Thor: The Dark World, the mysterious Collector (Benicio Del Toro) came into possession of one of them, the swirling Aether, and announced "One down, five to go." We've likely seen two other Infinity Stones in the Marvel cinematic universe thus far — the glowing Tesseract featured in Captain America and The Avengers, which corresponds to the Space Stone, and Loki's blue-hued, do-my-bidding scepter, which may be the Mind Stone — and Guardians offers a fourth, which Del Toro's character helpfully identifies as the Power Stone. (Fans had previously speculated that the Aether might be the Power Stone; it's now more likely that the mysterious, floating item from Thor: The Dark World will serve as the Reality Stone in this series.)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/05/2014 11:34 PM (UTC)
- Ronan Revealed in First "Guardians of the Galaxy" TV Spot

Marvel Studios has unveiled the first TV commercial for the forthcoming "Guardians of the Galaxy" film -- a 30-second spot, set to air Thursday night during Game 1 of the NBA finals and featuring the best look yet at Lee Pace in action as antagonist Ronan the Accuser.

Not digging this Ronan.
RedSumac
06/06/2014 07:20 PM (UTC)
I'll just leave it here:
http://oi58.tinypic.com/20fo83.jpg
Jaybe2K4
06/11/2014 10:15 PM (UTC)
super stoked for this movie
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/12/2014 11:28 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/15/2014 08:06 AM (UTC)
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
06/21/2014 06:19 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

06/22/2014 06:39 AM (UTC)

I really like seeing adult heroes in these films. It resists the easy, Hollywood tendency to just go young. This is a character whose youth has - at least at times - been a defining feature, though. This is a time when it makes perfect sense to cast a little younger. Marvel can make DC look plenty stupid in movies without using analogous characters to scoop up internet fanwank casting. Not the worst decision in the world, but I can't say I'm digging it.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.