Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 1 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.8%)
Jade (45.4%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (25.4%)
Freddy Krueger (7.2%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Justice League Gear & Events Hit Injustice 2 [Read On]
  • November 11th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveals Enchantress & TMNT [Read On]
  • November 10th, 2017
    ELEAGUE Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 3 Reveal Tonight [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

DC Universe Injustice

Discussing DC Injustice and Mortal Kombat versus DC Universe.
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 02/19/2014 11:01 PMStatus ::
Injustice: Spawn Creator Says Get Him In!

It's a testament to the staying power of the 90s juggernaut that -- despite having very little to do with the DC Comics Universe -- Spawn remains a popular fan choice for Injustice: Gods Among Us.

Never one to shy away from a fight with corporate powerhouses; Spawn creator Todd McFarlane quipped, "Get him in there!", when asked about the game at the recent Toy Fair.

On the hypothetical unlockable appearance, McFarlane joked with GamerFitNation: "And then he takes down everybody! ... Becomes the baddest ass in the whole bunch there."

There's certainly precedent for Spawn taking on the world of fighting games. In 2003, he was the Xbox exclusive character in Namco's Soulcalibur II. The comic book icon has also been the subject of his own exploits, fighting in games like: Spawn: The Eternal and Spawn: In The Demon's Hand.

Despite being one of comics' most famous independent creations, there have been two meetings between Spawn and the DC Universe. In 1994; Spawn/Batman [pictured top] brought the infernal anti-hero into conflict with The Dark Knight under the all-star creative team of Frank Miller and Todd McFarlane. If nothing else, the infamous crossover provided a knock-down, drag-out example of what might happen in a DLC Injustice meet-up. A second one-shot: Batman/Spawn: War Devil was also published by DC Comics.

Dark justice unites in Batman/Spawn: War Devil.

Batman and Hell figured closely into Injustice's only guest character to date: Mortal Kombat's Scorpion proving a popular addition as the highest selling downloadable content.

Would you like to see Spawn take on the DC Universe? Share your thoughts on the forums!

Mojo6Posted: 02/19/2014 11:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::5150
Nationality::United States
RE: Injustice: Spawn Creator Says Get Him In!

I'd love to see an entire new season of DLC (as long as they were balanced properly) and having Spawn be a part of that would be pretty righteous.

Darklurkr23Posted: 02/20/2014 12:11 AMStatus ::

Visits::65

Unfortunately Injustice is done but maybe they'll put him in MOBILE INJUSTICE DERRRRR

Give me abreak w/ that shit.

JohnBoyAdvancePosted: 02/20/2014 03:09 AMStatus ::

Visits::13172
Nationality::United Kingdom

Ewwwwww...

hankypanky1Posted: 02/20/2014 11:16 AMStatus ::

Visits::1638
Nationality::United Kingdom

Thoughts on Spawn as guest character in MKX?

lebronjamesPosted: 02/20/2014 03:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::345
Nationality::Cuba

Really? You want MORE DLC?? We already have 30 characters. There's no need to spend more money on this game. They already released ultimate edition with all skins included. Why keep spending on a character that will be used once only? Let Ed boon and company move on with new projects and mk10. Thanks but no thanks.

Kombat Returns 2015
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 02/20/2014 06:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

I'd be up for Spawn in Injustice. His moveset would probably be the largest of anybody in the game.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
oraclePosted: 02/21/2014 02:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::9363

Oooh. They should've put him in instead of Scorpion tbh.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 02/21/2014 05:37 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

oracle Wrote:
Oooh. They should've put him in instead of Scorpion tbh.

I love Scorpion, but I completely agree. He would've been a much better guest.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
fijikungfuPosted: 02/24/2014 12:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::5080

I'd want a remake of the Spawn movie instead, with a script that's actually been revised.

-Courtesy of TheCypher-
acidslayerPosted: 02/27/2014 10:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::836

Even though he's Image Comics and not DC I still like it. Plus he's my favorite superhero of all time. Soul Calibur 2.

He'd have great finishers maybe even incorporating Violator or Overkill in his finishers.

RiyakouPosted: 03/02/2014 10:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::5624

I'd rather he become a regular in Soulcalibur.

Beside's I've had a enough of seeing Kratos jump around from series to series in fighting games. I don't want to see that with Spawn too.

DG1OAPosted: 03/04/2014 12:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::5226

acidslayer Wrote:
Even though he's Image Comics and not DC I still like it. Plus he's my favorite superhero of all time. Soul Calibur 2.

He'd have great finishers maybe even incorporating Violator or Overkill in his finishers.

Why not just make the Violator a separate character, instead? He could be a lot of fun to play as in Injustice's gameplay, especially if he could switch to his clown form at will. Overtkill would be nice too, but Violator would be more interesting.

I'm all for Spawn's inclusion, though I wonder: if we did get Spawn in, would it be Al Simmons, or the current one, Jim Downing? Not that the man under the suit would necessarily affect Spawn's gameplay, but I'm just curious. I'd personally prefer Al Simmons.

Spawn could have a lot of alternate outfits. Medieval Spawn, Dark Ages Spawn (from the short-lived Dark Ages Spawn comic), Cowboy Spawn, Mandarin Spawn (from issue #165), just to name a few. They could even make up new Spawns for his alts, including ones based on DC and MK characters. The thing is though, that some of these Spawns could have unique moves of their own.

@Riyakou
I disagree. No guest characters should become exclusive to any VG series. Playing as Spawn in Injustice would likely be different from doing so in a Soul Calibur game, so I wouldn't want him to be confined to SC.

dylan17ramsPosted: 03/04/2014 10:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::0

I WANT TO PLAY AS SPAWN! THERE NEEDS TO BE NEW CHARACTERS IN INJUSTICE, I WOULD BUY ALL OF THEM!

Mick-LuciferPosted: 03/05/2014 04:04 PMStatus ::

Visits::19552

DG1OA Wrote:
Why not just make the Violator a separate character, instead? He could be a lot of fun to play as in Injustice's gameplay, especially if he could switch to his clown form at will. Overtkill would be nice too, but Violator would be more interesting.

... Why not just make a new Spawn game?...

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. No whining!
redmanPosted: 03/05/2014 05:08 PMStatus ::

Visits::4715

Spawn would be pretty fucking awesome tbh. Don't think it's gonna happen, though

DG1OAPosted: 03/06/2014 09:52 AMStatus ::

Visits::5226

Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
DG1OA Wrote:

... Why not just make a new Spawn game?...

Because unless that new Spawn game's gameplay was exactly like Injustice's, playing as the Violator in it probably wouldn't be the same as playing as him in Injustice. Joker's Injustice gameplay was very different from his MKVDCU one, just to give you an example. It's not hard to understand.

Page of 1

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.