My Khrome (white liquid metal ninja) Concept
posted04/20/2014 08:40 AM (UTC)by
hankypanky1
I've contacted over 50 artists to draw Khrome, so that Khrome can earn his rightful place in the MKX roster (over $700 I've spent so far-awaiting delivery). For your information a white ninja is missing in MK. And a fact in real life is that ninjas wore white for winter missions so they could easily blend in with the snow covered area.

Khrome's Origins

Liquid Metal is really cool, look what it can do:

Click to watch

Here is a short clip of T-1001 (from the Sarah Connor Chronicles) showing how liquid metal is an awesome ability.

T-1001 Shirley Manson

Chimera
03/28/2014 05:56 AM (UTC)
Ok first off, the artist for that Rain is JAX007. Really great artist.

Second, another ninja? Sure Khrome looks like a cool guy. But there are already 8 male ninjas in the main game.
Scorpion
Sub-zero
Noob
Reptile
Smoke
Ermac
Rain
Chameleon
Tremor was technically in the latest Mortal Kombat (in vita: see here and here) as a brown ninja. I think (not really sure) Mortal Kombat has the largest amount of playable ninjas for a franchise: 8 male and 7 female. Plus the cyber-ninjas

Thirdly, the color changing thing has been used by Chameleon already. While he does use one color at a time, Chameleon still changes color during fights.
hankypanky1
03/28/2014 03:13 PM (UTC)
Chimera Wrote:
Ok first off, the artist for that Rain is JAX007. Really great artist.

Second, another ninja? Sure Khrome looks like a cool guy. But there are already 8 male ninjas in the main game.
Scorpion
Sub-zero
Noob
Reptile
Smoke
Ermac
Rain
Chameleon
Tremor was technically in the latest Mortal Kombat (in vita: see here and here) as a brown ninja. I think (not really sure) Mortal Kombat has the largest amount of playable ninjas for a franchise: 8 male and 7 female. Plus the cyber-ninjas

Thirdly, the color changing thing has been used by Chameleon already. While he does use one color at a time, Chameleon still changes color during fights.

Thanks I'll chase that up. Chameleon and Tremor never got a spot on the roster. However Khrome would have a moveset based similar to the guy from T1000 in Terminator 2.

Edit: I can't find his deviantart so I don't know how to contact Jax007. Should I do it here on MKO?

Jaded-Raven
03/28/2014 03:35 PM (UTC)
Jax007's deviant-art tag is Fezat1. Here's a link to his gallery:

http://fezat1.deviantart.com/

As for this Khrome character... I would really not want another ninja character in the roster. Luckily, Khrome will most likely never be a real MK character in the game.
hankypanky1
03/28/2014 08:47 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

As for this Khrome character... I would really not want another ninja character in the roster. Luckily, Khrome will most likely never be a real MK character in the game.

Don't be so quick to rule him out. MK9 was about going back to the roots i.e. nostalgia. MK10 is not about going back to the roots, so Khrome has just as much of a chance of getting in as any filler.
Chimera
03/29/2014 12:12 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Don't be so quick to rule him out. MK9 was about going back to the roots i.e. nostalgia. MK10 is not about going back to the roots, so Khrome has just as much of a chance of getting in as any filler.

But remember, the color-changing thing was used by Chameleon. And Mortal Kombat already has 8 male ninjas.

Then again... Skarlet was a brand new ninja when there were already 6 female ninjas. And having Tremor and Khrome will give MK a total of 10 male ninjas. That would probably be a record somewhere.

Might make fans groan saying "Another ninja!?!" I'm good with your idea though.
hankypanky1
03/29/2014 02:20 PM (UTC)
Chimera Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

But remember, the color-changing thing was used by Chameleon. And Mortal Kombat already has 8 male ninjas.

Then again... Skarlet was a brand new ninja when there were already 6 female ninjas. And having Tremor and Khrome will give MK a total of 10 male ninjas. That would probably be a record somewhere.

The thing is I do agree partly with u. But Chameleon and Tremor has got their chance in MK alredy, whereas Khrome hasn't. Khrome's abilities will be unique. The colour-changing thing was done by Chameleon I agree, Khrome doesn't need to change colours, I'm just saying his skin should be like the Silver Surfer but with a ninja costume over it. Forget the colour-changing thing, I'll edit that bit out. Would u guys rather have a guest character over Khrome?

Jaded-Raven
03/29/2014 03:46 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

And that's all he'll ever be... filler.
hankypanky1
03/29/2014 07:41 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Do u even know what I meant by filler. I mean he will make it in the roster just to fill the roster, which is not a bad thing IMO. Do u still think guest characters should get in over Khrome?
Jaded-Raven
03/30/2014 08:58 AM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Do u even know what I meant by filler. I mean he will make it in the roster just to fill the roster, which is not a bad thing IMO. Do u still think guest characters should get in over Khrome?

That was exactly what I meant with it as well. Should he ever find his way into MK, he would be nothing but filler, and yes, that would be a bad thing. To have a character just to have him there without any further purpose is bad, imo.

Khrome isn't even a real MK character, just some fanfiction. He is just as worthless, if not more, than any guest character.
hankypanky1
03/30/2014 10:47 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

That was exactly what I meant with it as well. Should he ever find his way into MK, he would be nothing but filler, and yes, that would be a bad thing. To have a character just to have him there without any further purpose is bad, imo.

Khrome isn't even a real MK character, just some fanfiction. He is just as worthless, if not more, than any guest character.

How do u feel about Skarlet? To me she's a filler as well, and not a very good one. I mean she's DLC for heaven's sake. Since there are gonna be existing characters, Khrome is definitely a hot-shot compared to other characters introduced in the later games. Another ninja means another playstyle. If Frost was re-introduced in MKX, wouldn't she play like Sub-Zero because they're both Ice Cryomancers? Khrome is unique in that regard. If he is to become an addition to MKX roster, he needs recognition and with recognition comes responsibility.
Jaded-Raven
03/30/2014 03:01 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:

How do u feel about Skarlet? To me she's a filler as well, and not a very good one. I mean she's DLC for heaven's sake. Since there are gonna be existing characters, Khrome is definitely a hot-shot compared to other characters introduced in the later games. Another ninja means another playstyle. If Frost was re-introduced in MKX, wouldn't she play like Sub-Zero because they're both Ice Cryomancers? Khrome is unique in that regard. If he is to become an addition to MKX roster, he needs recognition and with recognition comes responsibility.

I like Skarlet, but agreed, she is a filler character. She has no other use than be a representation of the old red Kitana rumour. However, she was heavily requested for YEARS by the community to become a real character before they actually made her. Khrome, however, isn't.

And how is Khrome a "hot-shot" compared to the other already established characters? So far, Khrome is nothing but a miss-coloured ninja figurine. There's nothing unique about him. He doesn't exist outside of fanfiction. He is not a real character in any shape or form. All the "greatness" about him is all in your head.

And no, he doesn't need recognition. There's no way Ed Boon and NRS will make Khrome a real character in the game, just because you'd like them to.

You can dream though.
hankypanky1
03/30/2014 03:30 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:

I like Skarlet, but agreed, she is a filler character. She has no other use than be a representation of the old red Kitana rumour. However, she was heavily requested for YEARS by the community to become a real character before they actually made her. Khrome, however, isn't.

And how is Khrome a "hot-shot" compared to the other already established characters? So far, Khrome is nothing but a miss-coloured ninja figurine. There's nothing unique about him. He doesn't exist outside of fanfiction. He is not a real character in any shape or form. All the "greatness" about him is all in your head.

And no, he doesn't need recognition. There's no way Ed Boon and NRS will make Khrome a real character in the game, just because you'd like them to.

You can dream though.

Khrome pictured above is a lookalike of Smoke but u completely missed my point of changing him to be a white and silver coloured ninja. For your information a white ninja is missing in MK and Khrome can fill that spot. Better than Tremor or Chameleon anyways. Khrome would be able to heal himself, so during gameplay Khrome can have over-the-top battle damage and then able to heal himself in just a tick, except when he loses the fight and the opponent does a finisher on him, Khrome should always look like how he started the fight. U need to see liquid metal powers (mimetic pollyalloy), so here is T-1000 vs T-800 from Terminator 2.

Click to watch

Here is a thread from 2005 where MKO Community were discussing a new ninja, and many suggested a white ninja. White ninja requested by MKO Community

Jaded-Raven
03/30/2014 04:04 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:

You can dream though.

Khrome pictured above is a lookalike of Smoke but u completely missed my point of changing him to be a white and silver coloured ninja. For your information a white ninja is missing in MK and Khrome can fill that spot. Better than Tremor or Chameleon anyways. Khrome would be able to heal himself, so during gameplay Khrome can have over-the-top battle damage and then able to heal himself in just a tick, except when he loses the fight and the opponent does a finisher on him, Khrome should always look like how he started the fight. U need to see liquid metal powers (mimetic pollyalloy), so here is T-1000 vs T-800 from Terminator 2.

Click to watch

Here is a thread from 2005 where MKO Community were discussing a new ninja, and many suggested a white ninja.

White ninja requested by MKO Community

Keep dreaming.
hankypanky1
03/30/2014 09:19 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Keep dreaming.

Evenn though a white ninja is missing in MK after more than 20 years.

I have support mate...

Chimera Wrote:
Jaded-Raven
03/30/2014 09:59 PM (UTC)
Well, good luck with convincing NRS.
hankypanky1
03/31/2014 01:23 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Well, good luck with convincing NRS.

Thank u, the sky is the limit. I'm having a hard-time getting a good artist to draw Khrome in my vision. I'm not in a rush so do u think I should message them all again like in a week or so??

Liquid Metal is really cool, look what it can do:

Click to watch

Here is a short clip of T-1001 (from the Sarah Connor Chronicles) showing how liquid metal is an awesome ability.

T-1001 Shirley Manson
Chimera
04/01/2014 05:48 AM (UTC)
Hanky, you like your idea of what Khrome should be but remember, Khrome is not an official character. He was simply an accident. And as many people have said about MK, there are too many ninjas already. Therefore, Khrome, does not really have a high chance of being in any future game.

Just like my favorite Chameleon. He is awesome in my eyes but will probably not appear in any new game because he lacks a good story and a proper gameplay. If he had access to all the ninjas he would be too frikkin' powerful yet he just camouflaged up the pyramid.

So therefore
Chameleon- established character not a lot of people like - might not return
Khrome- accidental ninja with no established anything - might not make it

You can hope man but try not to rub it in other peoples faces
hankypanky1
04/01/2014 12:35 PM (UTC)
Chimera Wrote:
Hanky, you like your idea of what Khrome should be but remember, Khrome is not an official character. He was simply an accident. And as many people have said about MK, there are too many ninjas already. Therefore, Khrome, does not really have a high chance of being in any future game.

Just like my favorite Chameleon. He is awesome in my eyes but will probably not appear in any new game because he lacks a good story and a proper gameplay. If he had access to all the ninjas he would be too frikkin' powerful yet he just camouflaged up the pyramid.

So therefore
Chameleon- established character not a lot of people like - might not return
Khrome- accidental ninja with no established anything - might not make it

You can hope man but try not to rub it in other peoples faces

The difference between Chameleon and Khrome is their abilities. Chameleon 'borrows' other ninjas moves whereas Khrome would have his own unique moveset, so he has potential. Liquid Metal can quickly shapeshift to achieve near-perfect mimicry and also rapidly recover from damage. Liquid Metal has 2-3 times the strength of titanium and stainless steel. It possess characteristics that make it superior in many ways to other popular high performance materials.

If not a ninja, how about a Ranger? See how his costume spikes up like how Liquid Metal spikes up in the video.

Jaded-Raven
04/01/2014 03:46 PM (UTC)
You do realize that "Khrome" has no abilities, because he isn't a real character, right? Chameleon, however, is. And there's a much bigger chance for Chameleon to get a spot in the roster than Khrome does, because of that simple fact.
hankypanky1
04/01/2014 07:23 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
You do realize that "Khrome" has no abilities, because he isn't a real character, right? Chameleon, however, is. And there's a much bigger chance for Chameleon to get a spot in the roster than Khrome does, because of that simple fact.

Hasn't Chameleon been ruled out of ever appearing in MK. Khrome hasn't been ruled out or ruled in. That's why I say he needs recognition till we hear something concrete. And Khrome has abilities according to me. This is my vision of Khrome, that's why it's in Fan Submission forum. Dismissed.
Jaded-Raven
04/02/2014 12:03 AM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Hasn't Chameleon been ruled out of ever appearing in MK. Khrome hasn't been ruled out or ruled in. That's why I say he needs recognition till we hear something concrete. And Khrome has abilities according to me. This is my vision of Khrome, that's why it's in Fan Submission forum. Dismissed.

Thousands of other people have tried this - made some idea for a fan character and tried convincing the MK team to make it real. Has any of them succeeded? Nope. Your Khrome will suffer the same fate.
hankypanky1
04/02/2014 12:36 AM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Thousands of other people have tried this - made some idea for a fan character and tried convincing the MK team to make it real. Has any of them succeeded? Nope. Your Khrome will suffer the same fate.

Believe what u want. There are people that want a new ninja from 2005. And Chameleon has been ruled out of MK. So then we're left with Tremor and Khrome. They can do a lot more with Khrome since he has no back story.
Icebaby
04/02/2014 02:15 AM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
Believe what u want. There are people that want a new ninja from 2005. And Chameleon has been ruled out of MK. So then we're left with Tremor and Khrome. They can do a lot more with Khrome since he has no back story.

Except majority of those users don't come on this site anymore, nor were they actually serious with their replies. Which again, the joke goes straight over your head. Not a single person is down for your idea, not to mention, your character doesn't have even the slightest chance to become a thought in the heads of the creators. Why? Because they don't do fan-made characters. It's called "copyright."

And even if you actually do allow permission, they wouldn't take your idea at all.
hankypanky1
04/02/2014 03:38 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:

Except majority of those users don't come on this site anymore, nor were they actually serious with their replies. Which again, the joke goes straight over your head. Not a single person is down for your idea, not to mention, your character doesn't have even the slightest chance to become a thought in the heads of the creators. Why? Because they don't do fan-made characters. It's called "copyright."

And even if you actually do allow permission, they wouldn't take your idea at all.

Do not teach me about Business Studies. Yes not only do I follow Supermodel diet and fashion, I'm a Business graduate in University. My idea here isn't patented, so even if NRS did like it and wanted to use it, they could easily do so without facing litigation because my idea isn't patented (This is why I am extremely competitive with things).

When the thread was made back in 2005, they weren't serious with their creation of new ninja but they still wanted one anyways. This is why to me personally even the smallest and stupidest idea could eventually be something great. U also seemed to have missed Chimeras' post where he says he supports my idea. But u are a hater of me so naturally u hate all my ideas and suggestions regardless.
Pages: 10
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.