Zentile
04/15/2014 02:59 AM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
This timeline more or less firmly establishes the franchise as its own universe. With this, I can separate it from the comics with ease. Or less ease, rather. lol

What are you talking about? "More or less firmly establishes the francise as its own universe"? It's always been its own universe, I don't see how you could possibly think otherwise.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/15/2014 10:21 PM (UTC)
- Channing Tatum Has Taken a Meeting to Play Gambit

The sequel discussions keep on rolling! Tatum's expressed interest before.
I can't say I'm a fan (or have any strong feelings about him, either way), but it's nice to see them exploring their options. The X-franchise has had a knack for being flat footed for quite some time. It kinda landed in their laps, but it's at least nice to see them showing some pivot.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/16/2014 09:22 AM (UTC)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past Final Trailer (3) [YouTube]

Basic Trailer Content Summary: (Highlight to reveal)
A lot of the right things featured in this one. Big emphasis on time spent in the past, some nice Sentinel grabs, plenty of story establishment. Even Quicksilver manages an appearance without looking like a complete chump. The sense of the plot and ensemble may or may not ease tension about Wolverine's beefed up role.

Well worth a look. What do we think?
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/16/2014 03:45 PM (UTC)
- Anna Paquin Will Appear in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’ After All

I imagine that'll please fans of the original films.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/16/2014 10:40 PM (UTC)
- The Story Behind The ‘Days of Future Past’ Plug in ‘Amazing Spider-Man 2′

So, does embedding an X-Men trailer in the Spider-man sequel feed the speculation machine and get people excited about X-Men (or both). Or does it just leave a lot of movie-goers confused and expecting things they will never see?

Crossover to the Amazing Spider-man 2 thread for more Spidey.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/18/2014 05:58 AM (UTC)
- X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST Behind-The-Scenes Videos Focus on Security

As noted, in spite of the "final" trailer, there's a whole bunch of promo clips still to be had. Very brief behind-the-scenes clips await.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/22/2014 04:28 AM (UTC)
- Will Patrick Stewart Return For 'X-Men: Apocalypse'?

Spoilers: Patrick Stewart doesn't want Days of Future Past to be his last.
KungLaodoesntsuck
04/22/2014 02:13 PM (UTC)
The more of this movie I see, the more I want to see it.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/24/2014 03:10 AM (UTC)
- Epic New TV Spot For X-MEN: DAYS OF FUTURE PAST; "I Call Them...Sentinels!"

Sentinels are swell and all, but I think the real conversation here is Beast.
Darkhound74
04/24/2014 04:59 AM (UTC)
I miss the Beast look from first class. :-/
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/28/2014 07:38 AM (UTC)
- Wolverine Gets the Spotlight in a New X-Men: Days of Future Past Character Video

Self explanatory.

Darkhound74 Wrote:
I miss the Beast look from first class. :-/

Ditto! Far and away the best they've done. I can't help but continue to be sceptical about Singer's ability to embrace the fantastical, colourful elements of the series. The things that helped make First Class the best of the bunch. I guess we'll see.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/29/2014 03:34 AM (UTC)
- Scarlet Witch Doesn’t Appear in ‘X-Men: Days of Future Past’

Pictured: Thing that doesn't appear in the movie.
Spider804
04/29/2014 04:23 AM (UTC)
There's a lot of crap that doesn't appear in this movie, like
Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
the scene where they rescue Rogue
because the producers were afraid of the movie being too long
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/30/2014 03:14 AM (UTC)
Spider804 Wrote:
There's a lot of crap that doesn't appear in this movie, like
the scene where they rescue Rogue
because the producers were afraid of the movie being too long

Hmmm. Maybe we should compile a list of everything that isn't in the movie.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/30/2014 04:45 PM (UTC)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past MPAA Rating Revealed, Includes Nudity

Alright, alright. Settle down. It's PG-13:

PG-13 (for sequences of intense sci-fi violence and action, some suggestive material, nudity and language)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/01/2014 06:56 AM (UTC)
- First X-Men: Days Of Future Past pits Jennifer Lawrence against Peter Dinklage: watch now [SPOILERS]

If you know anything about the big bads of the film, those spoilers probably aren't going to worry you too much. If you're clueless and want to keep it that way, maybe give this one a miss. It's a minor detail, but an important detail none the less.

Directed by Bryan Singer and co-starring Jennifer Lawrence, Peter Dinklage and Hugh Jackman, X-Men: Days Of Future Past will open in the UK on 22 May 2014.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/05/2014 04:12 PM (UTC)
- Walk of Shame: James Marsden & Sarah Wright Olsen Interviews

Interview with James Marseden. The bit that matters to X-Men fans:

Back when you did the original X-Men films the idea of a comic book film was still seen as very risky, what’s it like, from your perspective, now that we’re seeing a Marvel film every two-three months and they’re all doing gangbusters?

I loved being a part of those movies. It was a great group of people. It was rare to get fans excited for a comic book movie, and do well at the box office with films that critics loved, too. I mean nobody doesn’t like them.

Would you play Cyclops again? We never saw him die...

I’ve always been very proud of my role and it’s out of my hands. It’s nice to see Bryan [Singer] go back in and turn the boat a little bit. I’m happy for those that made it back. I’d like to. I get excited watching the trailers because I’m excited for the continuance of the X-Men world. I’m a fan of X-Men and I know it’ll be a kick ass movie.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/06/2014 02:46 PM (UTC)
- X-Men: Days of Future Past - "Who Are You?" Easter Egg Scene From The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [YouTube] [SPOILERS]

The scene featured in Amazing Spider-man 2's credits. It's very much a scene -- not just a trailer. If you're avoiding spoilers, you may want to avoid the clip. It features a handful of characters and comments on their place in the world.

The signage points people in the direction to go (if somehow they don't know the X-films), but damned if it doesn't send a mixed message. Gotta think more people are aware of the Marvel-style inter-connected trailers than are aware of studio deals.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/06/2014 09:42 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/09/2014 01:06 AM (UTC)
- X-Men: Days Of Future Past | "Wolverine meets Beast" | Clip HD [YouTube] [MILD SPOILERS]

Extended isolated version of a brief snippet from one of the other trailers.
Wolverine meets young Beast. Good fun. Still not sure how I feel about Beast's present erstwhile "predicament".
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/09/2014 11:49 PM (UTC)
- Ridiculously cool Quicksilver X-Men featurette speeds online [SPOILERS]

53 second clip of the father-son combo.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/13/2014 10:06 PM (UTC)
- TotalFilm Review: X-Men: Days Of Future Past [SPOILERS]

Probably more interested in what MKO users will have to say about the movie, but if you're gagging for a bit more, here's a review that seems pleased.
JRC15
About Me

05/15/2014 02:11 PM (UTC)
I'm glad it's getting good reviews. I'm kind of hoping for a Cyclops/Jean Grey return. Though I understand if they don't. Don't want to completely cheapen the events of X3.
Spider804
05/15/2014 02:35 PM (UTC)
JRC15 Wrote:
I'm glad it's getting good reviews. I'm kind of hoping for a Cyclops/Jean Grey return. Though I understand if they don't. Don't want to completely cheapen the events of X3.

Yeah, about that
One of the producers pretty much confirmed in a interview that X3 and X-Men Origins Wolverine have been retconned
ShingoEX
05/15/2014 06:25 PM (UTC)
JRC15 Wrote:

The ending I read was that Wolverine meets up in a "fixed" timeline where Scott and Jean are very much alive (complete with Marsden and Janssen reprising their roles, also w/Kelsey Grammar as Beast), as the Phoenix event never happened. BTW...both Marsdon and Janssen were at the DOFP after party event, so take that as you will.
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.