David Letterman To Retire - TMZ Reporting.
posted05/19/2015 04:49 PM (UTC)by
samus_aran3900
About Me
IRC member DECEPTION
#MicksDesk, #gamiz, #tmk, #mortalkombat
TMZ reported yesterday that the late show host is retiring. For more info go here.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/03/david-letterman-retiring/
The_Purple_Bunny
About Me

BunnyHaetsU - Ramblings of a man who probably shouldn't be allowed into society.

04/04/2014 03:47 PM (UTC)
Don't need TMZ to tell us. He announced it on his show last night.
I'll admit I haven't watched late night talk shows much in a while, even Dave's, which I haven't seen in years. But he was still > Leno. When I was still a military brat living on Okinawa the military TV station had Leno at 6am when I was up to get ready for school, and Dave at the usual 11:30pm. I still stayed up for Dave.
Where were YOU when Madonna dropped F-bombs on Letterman?
Or when Drew Barrymore flashed him for his birthday.
Stupid Pet Tricks > *
04/04/2014 04:10 PM (UTC)
Rules of Media Conception in the United States.

1. Don't pay any attention to TMZ.
Torchia
04/04/2014 04:11 PM (UTC)
Thank God. I get enough Dad jokes when I visit my parents. I don't need to watch them on TV.
Mojo6
About Me

04/04/2014 04:28 PM (UTC)
Is Dave "passing the torch" to anyone else or is the show just ending?
04/04/2014 04:31 PM (UTC)
He already passed the torch to Conan, who passed the torch to Jimmy Fallon, who recently passed the torch to Seth Meyers.

I think he's just retiring.
KungLaodoesntsuck
04/04/2014 04:53 PM (UTC)
Riyakou Wrote:
He already passed the torch to Conan, who passed the torch to Jimmy Fallon, who recently passed the torch to Seth Meyers.

That was Leno.
The_Purple_Bunny
About Me

BunnyHaetsU - Ramblings of a man who probably shouldn't be allowed into society.

04/04/2014 05:06 PM (UTC)
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
Riyakou Wrote:

That was Leno.

No, that was Letterman, who passed the Late Night torch to Conan, who passed it to Fallon, who just recently passed it to Meyers.
KungLaodoesntsuck
04/04/2014 05:17 PM (UTC)
The_Purple_Bunny Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
Riyakou Wrote:

That was Leno.

No, that was Letterman, who passed the Late Night torch to Conan, who passed it to Fallon, who just recently passed it to Meyers.

I was thinking of The Tonight Show. No wonder.
Toxik
About Me
04/04/2014 05:20 PM (UTC)
I never cared for him. I don't find him funny whatsoever. sleep
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/05/2014 01:51 AM (UTC)
You're all ugly, stupid children. Letterman is king. This is tragic news. News with a quoted source. Which is correct. So shut the hell up.

Icebaby
04/05/2014 03:11 PM (UTC)
I never really watched his show, but the times that I did I always did get a chuckle here and there.

There's a flipboard article that asks if Stephen Colbert might replace him. Hmmm....
04/05/2014 03:14 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
You're all ugly, stupid children. Letterman is king. This is tragic news. News with a quoted source. Which is correct. So shut the hell up.

Wah, wah, wah, go cry a river.

The guy's been around for over three decades; he's had an undoubtedly amazing run. I'm sure he's ready to hang up the gloves and relax now.

Now Jay Leno, that hit me right in the heart.
The_Purple_Bunny
About Me

04/07/2014 08:02 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

These ugly stupid children don't appreciate the quality of good anal humour.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
04/07/2014 11:11 AM (UTC)
The_Purple_Bunny Wrote:
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

But... But... But...
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

04/07/2014 10:01 PM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
The_Purple_Bunny Wrote:
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:

But... But... But...

Just accept it. We're surrounded by plebs.
Icebaby
04/10/2014 05:03 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
I never really watched his show, but the times that I did I always did get a chuckle here and there.

There's a flipboard article that asks if Stephen Colbert might replace him. Hmmm....

And that article happens to be true:

Yep
Mojo6
About Me

04/10/2014 05:25 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
Icebaby Wrote:

Yep

Thanks Icebaby. See that's what I meant Riyakou. Was anyone actually stepping in for the show. Colbert is pretty awesome some I'm excited for this. I wonder if he'll keep the same schtick as with the Colbert Report? EDIT: Nevermind. Read the article and he's "going to be staying out of character."
m0s3pH
About Me

Mortal Kombat Online - Community Manager

| Twitch | YouTube | Lawful Chaos |

Signature and avatar by ThePredator151

04/10/2014 07:12 PM (UTC)
Mojo6 Wrote:
Icebaby Wrote:
Icebaby Wrote:

Yep

Thanks Icebaby. See that's what I meant Riyakou. Was anyone actually stepping in for the show. Colbert is pretty awesome some I'm excited for this. I wonder if he'll keep the same schtick as with the Colbert Report?

EDIT: Nevermind. Read the article and he's "going to be staying out of character."

I think it's better that he doesn't reprise his character and instead takes on a somewhat more serious role. He can still be funny without the "idiot conservative" gimmick he's got going on already.

I also read that Neil Patrick Harris was rumored to be the one to fill Letterman's spot. Something tells me that before long he'll get his own show in some form or another.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/10/2014 07:26 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:

Yep

Ah, nuts. I was starting to warm to the idea of Tina Fey.

Not sure [Colbert] scratches what will be the Letterman itch to the letter, but at least he makes sense. He gels well enough with the vibe and I think that's what matters. More than other picks, he's also a guy you could conceivably see doing it for ten, fifteen, twenty years. Which is nice for equivalency.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/23/2014 11:45 PM (UTC)
- Has Stephen Colbert secretly been an agent of Hydra all along?

The sordid truth is out. The campaign of subversion exposed. The corruption of America revealed. The conspiracy of conquest ready to be smashed!

TonyTheTiger
About Me

TonyTheTiger - Forum Director

Mortal Kombat Online - The Ultimate Mortal Kombat Experience
-
Nintendo is comprised of three Japanese words. Nin, Ten, Dou, and when combined it means we kicked the holy shit outta Atari.

04/24/2014 01:40 AM (UTC)
This hurts Comedy Central more than anything. Colbert made up about a third of that network's quality programming. I guess the big fear is that Colbert won't bring his fanbase along with him because he has to lose his schtick. So he's essentially a brand new person who has to win over Letterman's crowd from scratch.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

04/29/2014 03:21 AM (UTC)
- Craig Ferguson to Leave ‘Late Late Show’ in December

Ferguson broke the news to his studio audience at the 5 p.m. Pt taping of Monday’s edition of “Late Late Show.” In a statement issued by the network he quipped: “CBS and I are not getting divorced, we are ‘consciously uncoupling,’ but we will still spend holidays together and share custody of the fake horse and robot skeleton, both of whom we love very much.”

WHAT HAVE YOU STARTED, LETTERMAN??!
The_Purple_Bunny
About Me

04/29/2014 03:45 AM (UTC)
Chelsea Handler's ending her show too. It's an apocalypse!
Coltess
04/29/2014 04:15 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
- Craig Ferguson to Leave ‘Late Late Show’ in December

Ferguson broke the news to his studio audience at the 5 p.m. Pt taping of Monday’s edition of “Late Late Show.” In a statement issued by the network he quipped: “CBS and I are not getting divorced, we are ‘consciously uncoupling,’ but we will still spend holidays together and share custody of the fake horse and robot skeleton, both of whom we love very much.”

WHAT HAVE YOU STARTED, LETTERMAN??!

I am sad.

IDGAF about Chelsea Handler, but Craig's show was too good for this world.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.