Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 4

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/30/2014 12:08 AMStatus ::
Kitana Voice Actress Karen Strassman Returning for Sequel?

In February; the first concrete news of a new Mortal Kombat game project came - surprisingly - via major voice cast addition: Kiefer Sutherland [full story]. With Warner Brothers keeping news on a tight leash, it seems our clearest indication of the game being a sequel has again come from the acting talent involved.

Karen Strassman -- the voice actress behind Kitana & Mileena in the 2011 reboot -- has added "Mortal Kombat 2" to her list of video game voice acting credits [pictured below]. Even more interesting, her involvement seems to have switched from Leading to Supporting role(s). Could this be an indication of the future for two of the series' most iconic ladies?

Source: Karen Strassman Voice Acting Resume http://www.karenstrassman.com

MKO USER POLL

- She's Mileena (46.8%)
- She's Kitana (5.7%)
- She's Both (32.9%)
- She's Neither (14.4%)
It is at present unknown when the listing was added, or how applicable the "Mortal Kombat 2" title is, or will be. The news should, however, alleviate concerns raised by the rumoured announcement of an Injustice sequel at Wondercon [full story].

As noted, most speculation is directed toward a logical sequel to the 2011 Mortal Kombat reboot/remake. However, MK Creative Director Ed Boon introduced the idea of a Mortal Kombat II HD revamp during his appearance on the Giant Bomb Livestream from this year's Game Developer's Conference.

Update (May 21, 2014): Now you see it, now you don't! As pointed out by @patton92, the credit has since been removed from Strassman's resume. We'll let you draw your own conclusions on the forum.

Update (Nov. 20, 2014): Six months out from the 2015 release of Mortal Kombat X, Strassman has responded to a question about reprising her role as Mileena. The answer - deliberately inconclusive: "Maybe......" Watch this space.

Register to join the new game speculation on the forums. Fans already steered our hand when we listed the Top 10 Kommunity Kiefer Sutherland Kasting Kalls based on an expected sequel. Special thanks to MKOmmunity User Zmoke for tipping us off to this story. You can also support the site by liking & sharing stories via Facebook or @MK_Online.

seanayPosted: 04/30/2014 12:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::9275
Nationality::United Kingdom
RE: Kitana Voice Actress Karen Strassman Returning for Sequel

Finally some mk news

Shame it's only supporting, guess she's not playable then booo

Spider804Posted: 04/30/2014 12:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::6938
Nationality::United States

Was there anyone in that game that could really be considered a "lead" character, anyway? Other than, y;know, herp a derp Raiden

Mick-LuciferPosted: 04/30/2014 12:43 AMStatus ::

Visits::19620

Spider804 Wrote:
Was there anyone in that game that could really be considered a "lead" character, anyway? Other than, y;know, herp a derp Raiden

According to her credits - Kitana & Mileena.

Better The Devil you know...
MK Online Forums: Share your interests, broaden your horizons and support the kommunity with discussion forums for every topic. "Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country."
krajaxPosted: 04/30/2014 01:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::3050

Frankly I'm going to put my hat out for Mileena as the first likely choice. As for Kitana it's still ambiguous. I guess we might see a few cameos, but other than that not so much. Plus the new game's spotlight is going to be on other new female kombatants which deserve some good attention. I'm curious how they'll remake Sareena and Tanya (they'll appear beyond a doubt)...

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 04/30/2014 01:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Just because she's listed as supporting doesn't mean she won't be playable. Look at Sheeva, she had what? 5 lines of dialogue and was still playable. Skarlet didn't even talk and was still playable.

Plus if NRS wanted to be cheap, they could just reuse her grunts and stuff from MK9. Not only is it entirely possible she's playable, it's more than likely she is.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
cyrax_has_returnedPosted: 04/30/2014 06:10 AMStatus ::

Visits::226
Nationality::Japan

This is GREAT! Atleast we got something now, will sit tight for the rest to be show!

Jaded-RavenPosted: 04/30/2014 08:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

YUSH! FINALLY some concrete Mortal Kombat news!
Hopefully the next MK game will be officially announced soon so this place can live up again and rise from the hellhole it's currently resting in...

MICK! Make a new section for the next MK and let the threads start flowing in!

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 04/30/2014 10:02 AMStatus ::

Visits::19142

That's some cool news. Granted, I didn't like how Kitana and Mileena were portrayed in MK 2011, but I will give Karen Strassman credit for making the best out of what she was given. After all, she has done voice work for many different projects. I'm not particularly too surprised to see that she'll play a supporting role this time since the story of the next MK is likely going to focus on Shinnok and Quan Chi anyway.

saiZeroPosted: 04/30/2014 11:58 AMStatus ::

Visits::1198
Nationality::Germany

Nice find zmoke!!!

Skaven13Posted: 04/30/2014 12:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::2233

seanay Wrote:
Finally some mk news

Shame it's only supporting, guess she's not playable then booo

Not necessarily. She may be playable, just not a major role (which could be considered a leading role) in the story.

A lot of people seem to be thinking this is the 2011 sequel. Does anyone think it would be the MK2 Director's Cut?

skavesig
Kabal20Posted: 04/30/2014 03:31 PMStatus ::

Visits::6204

Spider804 Wrote:

But with the end of the last Mortal Kombat, Shao Khan should be gone for good. Making Kitana ruler of Edenia. Mk4 dealt more with Netherealm's attempt to take over earthrealm, so I could see where she might be playing a more minor role in MK2.

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 04/30/2014 06:00 PMStatus ::

Visits::10529

Has anyone you know...Maybe asked her if MK 2 is actually a sequel to MK 2011? That would kind of rule out an MK 2 remake, or it would confirm it.

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
hankypanky1Posted: 04/30/2014 06:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::1638
Nationality::United Kingdom

saiZero Wrote:
Nice find zmoke!!!

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 04/30/2014 07:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

It's starting.

New sig on the way
wdm6789Posted: 04/30/2014 09:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::22

So it's safe to assume Kitana just got confirmed? She'll be there in some way shape or form.

I liked Kitana's voice actress, she sounded like a stuck up teenage girl.

I'm sure somebody has already had this idea, but wouldn't it be better if NRS just remade the games? After Armageddon the 2011 should have been the same, but without the retcons, especially Kitana and Mileena's.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 04/30/2014 09:17 PMStatus ::

So, I asked. We can see what happens...

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
TemperaryUserNamePosted: 04/30/2014 09:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

wdm6789 Wrote:

I'm sure somebody has already had this idea, but wouldn't it be better if NRS just remade the games?

It would be better, but it's kind of a moot point now. The remake has happened. It's a shame about the retcons, but it's not like they can follow up a reboot with a reboot.

I mean, look at it through the eyes of the casual fan. It would be like following DMC up with another Devil May Cry Reboot. And honestly, MK9 was at least satisfying from visual standpoint (with exceptions). I liked most of the new designs, and I'm kinda ready to start playing competitively with Fujin and Shinnok.

EDIT: and I'm pretty sure Kitana is a go. I would bet at least 60% of MK2011 cast is coming back.

New sig on the way
wdm6789Posted: 04/30/2014 09:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::22

This also can confirm Mileena too right? At least one of them is in.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 05/01/2014 12:08 AMStatus ::

wdm6789 Wrote:

Yes it confirms Mileena. I guarantee they are both playable. They're fan favorites, so they're not going anywhere.

RiyakouPosted: 05/01/2014 07:53 AMStatus ::

Visits::5625

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
wdm6789 Wrote:

Yes it confirms Mileena. I guarantee they are both playable. They're fan favorites, so they're not going anywhere.

Many iconic MK characters were absent in Deception, and the game still became one the best selling titles of the franchise.

I'm still hoping this happens for MK10. Let the dead folks stay dead, or at least unlockable.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 05/01/2014 09:32 AMStatus ::

Riyakou Wrote:
KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
wdm6789 Wrote:

Many iconic MK characters were absent in Deception, and the game still became one the best selling titles of the franchise.

I'm still hoping this happens for MK10. Let the dead folks stay dead, or at least unlockable.

Deception also wasn't competitively competent. Now that MK is EVO worthy, I doubt they would change the roster too much.

IcebabyPosted: 05/01/2014 11:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::11647

Saw this on Facebook couple days ago. Good pal Tyrant-Cenobite posted it. Thought it was a cool little find.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 05/01/2014 11:47 AMStatus ::

I don't remember any VA really present in MK II, nor would it really make sense in an HD Remake, besides grunts and screams.

I don't see them adding cut scenes to an MK II HD Remake, either. So, I'm assuming this is indeed Mortal Kombat: Chapter 2

diirecthitPosted: 05/01/2014 01:56 PMStatus ::

Visits::4647
Nationality::Mexico

Supporting? lol. Good riddance, Kitana!

Page of 4

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.