Interstellar (2014 film)
posted10/19/2014 06:56 AM (UTC)by
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!

Interstellar Teaser Trailer [December 14, 2013]
Interstellar Trailer 1 [May 16, 2014]

Promotional Website

Interstellar is a highly anticipated sci-fi film coming November.

It has a long list of names attached, the most important of which is probably director Christopher Nolan (The Dark Knight, Inception, The Prestige, Memento). The goodwill amassed with his blockbusters of the last decade has clearly given him freedom to approach new projects, and is sure to drive similar interesting from moviegoers.

We've got a lot of superhero nonsense going on around the forums. Nice to get something a bit different going. So: Who knows about it? Who's excited?
Coltess
05/06/2014 08:32 PM (UTC)
This actually looks really good, to me. It always depresses me that many Americans have lost their fascination and wonder of space.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

What do you like? Hit the Toasty thumbs up on articles and forum posts for a quick response!
05/06/2014 08:34 PM (UTC)
coltess Wrote:
This actually looks really good, to me. It always depresses me that many Americans have lost their fascination and wonder of space.

racist
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/08/2014 01:43 AM (UTC)
- New Interstellar Trailer Debut With Exclusive Engagement at The Smithsonian's Air & Space Museum

"After a brief announcement, the trailer unspooled to show Matthew McConaughey driving his truck through corn fields while a lush orchestral score swelled in the background. Later, the fields had caught fire, an ominous dust cloud could be seen looming over a baseball game, and McConaughey (playing a character named Cooper) was reassuring his daughter that he loved her — right before being shot into space in order to save the world."
Coltess
05/08/2014 01:54 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer Wrote:
coltess Wrote:

racist

I will not rest until Non-Duck people are purged of this Earth.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

05/17/2014 12:17 AM (UTC)
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

05/17/2014 01:54 AM (UTC)

Watched it during the Godzilla screening. The trailer alone got my money's worth. Damn you Matthew McConahagahaga, where was this performance in Fool's Gold?
SmokeNc-017
About Me
art by fear-sAs
05/18/2014 12:47 AM (UTC)
Hopefully this is as smart as Inception. I also like the backing track which is "God is in the rain" from V for Vendetta.
KingBellsprout
05/18/2014 01:06 AM (UTC)
The 2:02 - 2:03 clip in the trailer is really cool. Seems like it would be pretty interesting overall.
mkdfan
About Me
05/18/2014 10:14 PM (UTC)
Caught this trailer as it was an advert before a Youtube video and for once I didn't skip. It looks really good, I'll be keeping an eye on it.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

07/09/2014 07:00 PM (UTC)
"Have heard from two different people that 'Interstellar' is Chris Nolan's best film. Bring on November. I want to see it in 65mm. Like, now." - @edgarwright

Talking it up!
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
07/11/2014 12:37 AM (UTC)
I really, really loved Inception. I love fiction that takes a common subject that we seem to push aside and make us think hard about it. Movies to do with anything planetary or universal just seem to capture me. "Another Earth" and "Melancholia" had me hooked from start to finish. Even "Contact" had it's moments.

I am really looking forward to this film.
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

09/17/2014 05:08 AM (UTC)
Mick-Lucifer
About Me

10/19/2014 02:16 AM (UTC)
- This week's cover: Your exclusive all-access pass to Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar'

Interstellar opens Nov. 5 and stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Wes Bentley, Michael Caine, Casey Affleck, and John Lithgow, to name a few. (Seriously: There are more.) The plot tracks a quartet of astronauts and scientists—and the most unusual robot to grace the screen in years (meet the fall’s breakout star: a mini-monolith of metamorphic Jenga blocks named TARS)—who journey across the universe to search for a new home for mankind: In the near future of the film, Earth is dying, ravaged by blight and environmental ruin.

And yet, Interstellar deliberately veers away from dystopia chic with its depiction of optimistic, adventurous heroism reminiscent of director Philip Kaufmann’s adaptation of The Right Stuff, which not only influenced the tone of Nolan’s movie but the techniques he used to make it. Informed by the work and theories of renowned astrophysicist Kip Thorne, Interstellar is more akin to the speculative sci-fi of 2001: A Space Odyssey than space opera fantasy like Star Wars, while still remaining accessible pop entertainment. Mind altering substances are not required to appreciate this trip. “Isn’t it nice to have a movie that is about all things the movie is about and not feel druggy?” says Hathaway with a laugh.

Nolan challenged himself and his team to fill Interstellar with imagery designed to inspire awe in the audience, not to mention a little terror. Dust storms. Tidal waves. Wormholes. A tiny, fragile spaceship juxtaposed against the monstrous gas planet of Saturn. Everything in the hush-hush final act. “This is the first film I have made where the actual experience of the film is paramount to the audience,” Nolan tells EW. “You would think that’s the case with Batman movies but it’s not; they’re more dependent on the reaction of characters on screen. Interstellar is different. It harkens back to the direct experience films of 2001, where you’re not just experiencing it through the characters, you are lost in it.” (You might want to watch Interstellar on an IMAX screen, especially since Nolan incorporated more than an hour of footage shot using IMAX cameras.)

More sizzle in the article.
Spaceman
10/19/2014 06:56 AM (UTC)
God I am pumped for this movie. Christopher Nolan can seriously do no wrong, other than the occasional lack luster, generic action scenes or shoot outs. But in terms of plot and story his movies knock it out of the park every time.
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.