Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 5 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • December 14th, 2018
    Best Buy Remove Liu Kang & Sub-Zero From MK11 Listing [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Record Speedrunner Beats MK3 In Under 5 Minutes [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Todd McFarlane Thinks Spawn Will Be in Mortal Kombat 11 [Read On]
  • December 13th, 2018
    Cinemassacre Ponders Shouting Mortal Kombat Kid [Read On]
  • December 12th, 2018
    James Wan Comments On MK Movie Delays [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

MK11 Trailer MVP?
Raiden (30.3%)
Scorpion (19.1%)
Shao Kahn (22.2%)
Mystery Character (28.2%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Fan Koliseum

The arena for Mortal Kombat Fantasy Fights and Kommunity Kombat!
Page of 1

Mick-LuciferPosted: 05/17/2014 09:26 AMStatus ::
FIGHT! ScrewAttack Death Battle - Fulgore versus Sektor!

You watched the fight announcement preview -- now the ScrewAttack DEATH BATTLE is finally here! Representing UltraTech and The Lin Kuei respectively it's a full metal main event as Fulgore takes on Sektor!

Once, long ago, Killer Instinct was actually touted as the Mortal Kombat killer. While the Nintendo-centric series amassed a strong cult following, its fusion of Kombat and Street Fighter influences always felt a step or two behind its older brothers. It's fair to say years in obscurity reflect the contrast of Mortal Kombat's ultimate dominance as a cross-platform, pop culture phenomenon.

Of course, as fans on the forums know; Killer Instinct made a bold comeback in 2013, resurrecting the franchise for a new generation with on-going micro-transaction updates! This came two years after Mortal Kombat had its own franchise rebirth -- KI forever following in its footsteps. What does all of this mean? Well, it's the premise of a franchise grudge match that hasn't necessarily picked its competitors evenly.

Death Battles profess to look only at the games and characters' abilities to determine their outcomes. If you ask us, they go a little too far. If you haven't watched the view [embedded above] - this is your last chance to jump before we engage cyborg spoiler mode!

Tekunin Warrior: 2006 Official Sektor Concept Art.

Previous ScrewAttack battles featuring Mortal Kombat fighters have shown inherent advantages to one participant over the other. Lightning manipulating Thor faced the electric Raiden; soul manipulating Shao Kahn faced psycho soul powered Bison. This Death Battle was a welcome return to a more even thematic platform, at least in the basic premise. The way we see it -- this was a match-up of an A-list character from a B-list series, taking on a B-list character from an A-list series. That alone has the potential to weight the advantage in favour of one over the other, but there's a debate to be had over which way it goes.

ScrewAttack look to the in-game content for their references when breaking abilities down. With very few cross-media appearances: neither character was bolstered or penalized by inferior adaptations. They were, however, matched on a literal interpretation of their in-game abilities. In this respect, we would have to acknowledge that Fulgore seems to have some legitimate edge -- but how adequate is this comparison?

For Sektor to have a shot, you have to respect that brute force and bulk aren't always the best way to win. There's no denying Fulgore has a full metal shell that gives him a weight and power advantage, but Sektor could be well equipped to handle these abilities.

Ninjas or not [not] -- The Lin Kuei are a clan of martial arts master assassins. They clearly value a certain amount of ninja-esque stealth and manoeuvrability. We're not convinced Mortal Kombat has ever applied its fighting styles with enough consistency or conceptual grounding to take them literally. If we did: Sektor's sambo would give him a strong Judo style grappling base, with kenpo being a system built on counter attacks. These skills would certainly be put to good use against the bulky Fulgore and his weight advantage. If you've ever been on the end of Sektor's teleport punches -- you know how well he can out manoeuvre foes and attacks.

Sektor's penchant for flame probably wouldn't do him a whole lot of good against his metallic foe, but missiles pack a punch, and have been shown to be system guided for precision in moves like the Robo-Sek fatality. As ScrewAttack note -- Fulgore's defeat came when he was ripped apart. Sektor's missiles are sure to soften up those joints and those pulse blades that were mentioned? Perfect for loosening and cutting UltraTech engineered joins. The conclusion? The Scarecrow!

Sektor Wins: "The Scarecrow" separates the men from the boys... and the limbs from the body!

Did ScrewAttack Death Battles get it right? Or does the Mortal Kombat Online piece by piece breakdown sway you in this close call? Register to have your say on the forums!

You can also catch-up and comment on previous Mortal Kombat Death Battles: Akuma vs Shang Tsung, Thor vs Raiden & Bison vs Shao Kahn! How does the Mortal Kombat record stack up? Do you think ScrewAttack Death Battles are being fair?

hydraslashPosted: 05/17/2014 10:49 AMStatus ::

Visits::1094
Nationality::Australia
RE: FIGHT! ScrewAttack Death Battle - Fulgore versus Sektor!

I think it really should have ended in a tie.

Death Battle conveniently left out several of Sektor's abilities. They didn't mention Sektor's own super meter that builds up in MK9, and because it builds up as his enemy blocks attacks or Sektor takes damage, it surely would've been full at some point before the end of the fight, allowing him to either:

A - Break one of Fulgore's combos, like what Fulgore did to Sektor earlier in the fight.
B - Abuse his super armour as part of activating Massive Missile, which also CANNOT be reflected, which, when it connects, hits for a significant amount of damage.

And yes, he didn't even fire off the scarecrow... I also don't quite get why they're so insistent on the compactor being a weapon to pull out in the middle of a fight

Fulgore definately had the raw power and armour advantage, but I think Sektor's abilities would have put him at least on par with Fulgore in a fight. EDIT: As a disclaimer, yes I am a fairly big Sektor fan, but Fulgore is also one of my favourite fictional characters too, so I was genuinely excited for this battle, but I was let down to be honest... Next one looks to be pretty exciting though.

"Sonya Blade, this is Grandmaster Sektor of the Tekunin Clan. Our consciousness is no longer bound to flesh." Sonic 2 Meets Mortal Kombat?!
Jaded-RavenPosted: 05/17/2014 12:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

I actually thought that Sektor would win, but I am pleased with the outcome! GO FULGORE! :D

RiyakouPosted: 05/17/2014 02:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::5628
Nationality::United States

As I stated on the video, there's a reason they didn't include the Scarecrow, and it is quite obvious.

blacksaibotPosted: 05/17/2014 03:03 PMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas

It comes as no surprise Sektor got his ass handed to him.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 05/17/2014 03:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::19712

hydraslash Wrote:
Death Battle conveniently left out several of Sektor's abilities. They didn't mention Sektor's own super meter that builds up in MK9,

Fulgore's meter is exclusive to him. He builds meter entirely different than anyone else and it's because of the nuclear reactor inside him.

Sektor's meter isn't exclusive to him. Everyone in MK9 has super meter and it builds the same for everyone. Wouldn't have made sense to include that to be honest.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Spider-2099Posted: 05/17/2014 04:53 PMStatus ::

Visits::1862

Nothing against Sektor, but I knew Fulgore had this one. He looks beast in the new KI. BTW, I would assume that "Sektor" is a codename; the Grandmaster wouldn't actually name his son that, just as an African Botswana man wouldn't be named "Cyrax."

hydraslashPosted: 05/17/2014 05:02 PMStatus ::

Fulgore's meter is exclusive to him. He builds meter entirely different than anyone else and it's because of the nuclear reactor inside him.

Sektor's meter isn't exclusive to him. Everyone in MK9 has super meter and it builds the same for everyone. Wouldn't have made sense to include that to be honest.

EDIT - ^^^^^^ I screwed up the quote thing sorry

That's a valid point. However, the meter is used to allow Sekkie to pull off his X-ray attack and his combo breakers, both of which were absent in the fight... And even though KI's famous for combo breakers, Fulgie's been able to do them for 3 games, whereas Sektor's been able to do them for 2, which is almost as frequent, so I believe Sektor shoulda been able to rip out a breaker of his own.

On the flipside too though, Fulgore didn't use the full extent of his arsenal either, for example his space-disintegration laser and his 'heavy artillery' finishers from KI2 didn't appear in the fight, so I guess it does even out in the end.
"Sonya Blade, this is Grandmaster Sektor of the Tekunin Clan. Our consciousness is no longer bound to flesh." Sonic 2 Meets Mortal Kombat?!
CasselmanPosted: 05/17/2014 05:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::8488
Nationality::Canada

Called it.

Still not happy. Time to pick up KI and become the best Fulgore ever JUST so I can say Sektor is better? I think so.

photo Casselman-4_zpsurigoehb.gif
Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
GodlyShinnokPosted: 05/17/2014 06:51 PMStatus ::

Visits::4818
Nationality::Panama

Fulgore owns Sektor.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 05/17/2014 07:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::19712

Fight was a good watch, but I had a feeling Fulgore would take it.

Side note: When will Jon Talbain vs. Sabrewulf happen? We need a proper dogfight.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
mkdfanPosted: 05/17/2014 09:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::8539
Nationality::England

I love these, they are really well done, if too short.
Obviously I'd have wanted Sektor to win but Fulgore is a tough MF'er.

TemperaryUserNamePosted: 05/17/2014 09:55 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

Sektor took over Japan. This video is bullshit.

New sig on the way
oraclePosted: 05/17/2014 10:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::9442

Scarecrow kind of ends the match so I think they're off the mark a bit.

-sig by MINION Image and video hosting by TinyPic
hydraslashPosted: 05/18/2014 06:29 AMStatus ::

On a side note, I reckon Fulgore would make a nice guest character for MKX. I dunno what rights would be restricting his use in such a way, however.

Quanchi9Posted: 06/02/2014 04:46 AMStatus ::

Visits::2030
Nationality::Scotland

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
hydraslash Wrote:
Death Battle conveniently left out several of Sektor's abilities. They didn't mention Sektor's own super meter that builds up in MK9,

Your argument is invalid, as an ability is an ability, just because another character can do the same thing doesn't mean you completely take the move out of continuity. Also, Sektor's x-ray should've been in as well.

why
SwingBattaPosted: 08/21/2014 07:12 AMStatus ::

Visits::1721

Was hoping Sektor would win but Fulgore cleaned house hands down.

HELLSCORPION2Posted: 08/21/2014 05:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::2850

If the opponent is from DC Comics or Mortal Kombat, expect Screw Attack to pull more bullshit out of their asses or noncannonical adaptations (such as films, fan fiction & fan animation) to support their biases against those two franchises.

KcinTnargPosted: 08/21/2014 05:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::6958

HELLSCORPION2 Wrote:
If the opponent is from DC Comics or Mortal Kombat, expect Screw Attack to pull more bullshit out of their asses or noncannonical adaptations (such as films, fan fiction & fan animation) to support their biases against those two franchises.

This!

starzilla83Posted: 08/22/2014 04:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::147

How about, which would fans be more exicted about: MK12 which would be MKD but 2d or Shaolin Monks 2

starzilla83Posted: 08/22/2014 04:24 AMStatus ::

Well, WHY?!

AwayGPosted: 08/26/2014 03:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::3
Nationality::Thailand

Sektor

starzilla83Posted: 08/28/2014 07:01 PMStatus ::

I have an idea for a vote, which was a better stage fatality, pit 1, 2 or 3 or which was a better stage fatality, deadpool or the arena with the spikes on the celling

4Charles2014Posted: 05/26/2015 03:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::559
Nationality::England

Go Sector.
Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)

Page of 1

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.