Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
MK Online Site Updates
  • October 4th, 2018
    Super Combat Fighter, 2D Digitized Fighting Game, coming soon! [Read On]
  • September 25th, 2018
    Upcoming Mortal Kombat Online Twitch Stream to feature Cary Tagawa [Read On]
  • September 16th, 2018
    MKO Live Stream to Feature Author of NBA Jam: The Book [Read On]
  • August 6th, 2018
    MKO's Interviews with the Film Cast: Coming Thursday [Read On]
  • July 29th, 2018
    MK Online Stream to Host Movie Star Q&A Friday [Read On]

MK Online User Poll

Kombat Kon 2018?
Get over here! (56.9%)
Out of kredits. (43.0%)

Forum Listings

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 4

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/01/2014 01:34 PMStatus ::
Amazon UK Listing Mortal Kombat X for Major Systems

Just one day from our 8AM (CDT) Mortal Monday reveal -- Amazon.co.uk has multiple alert listings for "Mortal Kombat X"!

With the cat let out of the bag over the past few days, we already know to be on the look out for a brand new instalment of Mortal Kombat (tomorrow). What's new is that Amazon list the game for all major, current platforms: PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, Xbox One, Xbox 360 & PC. [Sorry, Wii U!]

While this is no doubt encouraging -- particularly for Xbox One owners who missed out NetherRealms' "next gen" upgrade to Injustice: Gods Among Us -- it must be taken with a grain of salt. The five pages - each with a December 2015 release date - are placeholders for the anticipated game. The exact value of their information cannot be determined at this point. Update (Jun. 2): All listings for "Mortal Kombat X" have since been removed.

Of course, if you're on board for our 2014 Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion fan tournament - you know Mortal Kombat Online is hedging its bets on a 2015 release, as well.

The countdown to the big reveal ends tomorrow, 8AM CDT when Ed Boon promises we will learn Who's Next! Will be a long unseen favourite, or a continuing regular from the last game?

Check out the leaked promotional poster and join us on the forums as we prepare for Kombat to kontinue! Be sure to like & share all the news via our extended MKOmmunity: @MK_Online & Facebook! Special thanks to SolidSnakez for the tip-off!

SolidSnakezPosted: 06/01/2014 12:13 PMStatus ::

Visits::2819
Mortal Kombat X 2015 Cross Gen (PC,Xbox,Ps)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st_date-desc-rank?keywords=Mortal+Kombat+X&qid=1401637448&rh=n%3A300703%2Cn%3A676193011%2Ck%3AMortal+Kombat+X&sort=date-desc-rank

CasselmanPosted: 06/01/2014 12:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::8488
Nationality::Canada
RE: Mortal Kombat X 2015 Cross Gen (PC,Xbox,Ps)

Clickable

Crossover theories can now die. Thank god.

Very upset to see cross-gen. It is going to hold the game's potential back. Very excited to see PC as well.

photo Casselman-4_zpsurigoehb.gif
Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
KenshiMaster16Posted: 06/01/2014 12:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::10292
Nationality::United States

Casselman Wrote:

Very upset to see cross-gen. It is going to hold the game's potential back. Very excited to see PC as well.

I hoped it had been next-gen only (like Arkham Knight, that looks amazing). However, other games have looked equally amazing too (Assassins Creed IV most notably out of what I've played) so hell, I'll give it the benefit of the doubt but so far, not exactly excited about the news...

DetoxPosted: 06/01/2014 12:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::4294

Well, good news for everyone involved I suppose. I really didn't like the idea of having to defend my stance on why next gen only was a good thing. No matter what, it just makes you come off like an asshole haha. I just hope the game can be fully realized without having to make a lot of concessions.

There are bigger sacrifices one might be asked to make than going a little mad.
JAX007Posted: 06/01/2014 12:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::8581

I'll be really bummed out if this turns out cross-gen...Really want this to fully utilize next gen power...We'll see...

RedSumacPosted: 06/01/2014 12:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::2302
Nationality::Russia

Good news for those who doesn't want to buy PS4 / XBO. Bad news for those who love graphics above all else. Generally, a bit unpredictable.

Also, I wouldn't put much stock in the PC preorder - there were many cases, when the game was anounced on PC only to be unreleased for it later. Personally, I think, MK10 will be released on PC, but with significant delay. Maybe not so big as was the case with MK9.

Hooky-FookyPosted: 06/01/2014 12:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::1061

Casselman Wrote:

How exactly? I seriously hope this isn't a crossover. I just don't follow the reasoning.

CasselmanPosted: 06/01/2014 12:34 PMStatus ::

Usually a title that's bound to change will be accompanied by (working title) on bigger, respectable websites. At the very least, the titles are pretty damn close to the final title.

I am starting to think the title will in fact be "Mortal Kombat X". If this was a crossover, you would at least have something else there. Especially being something likely of notable size, it wouldn't be left out of the title.

And no... It wouldn't be left out "on purpose" because the game hasn't even been announced yet. This wasn't suppose to happen yet. Thus, the listing is a mistake on somebody's part.

No Crossover/Likely just "MKX", in my mind. Let's not bring in track record of predictions, here

Baraka407Posted: 06/01/2014 12:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::9088

Can someone explain this to me in the context of Boon's recent tweet "V is the new vs" cuz I don't quite understand if he's just trolling again or if that tweet has something to do with cross gen or what.

RubberChickenManPosted: 06/01/2014 12:44 PMStatus ::

Visits::1318
Nationality::Kuwait

Baraka407 Wrote:
Can someone explain this to me in the context of Boon's recent tweet "V is the new vs" cuz I don't quite understand if he's just trolling again or if that tweet has something to do with cross gen or what.

He is poking fun at the "Man of Steel" sequel "Batman v Superman"

They decided to use v instead of vs.

CasselmanPosted: 06/01/2014 12:44 PMStatus ::

It could mean that "X" doesn't mean "vs". Also a shoutout to BvS

hankypanky1Posted: 06/01/2014 12:46 PMStatus ::

Visits::1638
Nationality::United Kingdom

Cross-gen so trashy.

DetoxPosted: 06/01/2014 12:48 PMStatus ::

Oh, happy to suddenly see I'm not alone in not wanting cross-gen.

Injustice took zero advantage of the ps4 and it held watch dogs back big time.

ReptileFinallyPosted: 06/01/2014 12:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::3499

I really hope this won't be cross gen... it kind of screws all of us who got next generation consoles out of the graphics we expected when we bought the fuckin thing. I won't be too upset, I'm sure they could still make it look amazing.. but it is a bit disappointing.

Baraka407 Wrote:

That tweet really rustled my jimmies, I'm sure it won't be a cross over game, and it's probably about BvS, but it still worries me.. I guess we'll all know for sure tomorrow.

RubberChickenManPosted: 06/01/2014 12:51 PMStatus ::

This is could easily be a mistake.

CasselmanPosted: 06/01/2014 12:51 PMStatus ::

Detox Wrote:
Oh, happy to suddenly see I'm not alone in not wanting cross-gen.

Injustice took zero advantage of the ps4 and it held watch dogs back big time.

Well I assume the Injustice port served a few reasons:

-WB's favoring to a Sony direction with exclusive Blu-Ray choosing etc.
-Got the team some experience with next-gen for the next MK.
-Got NRS' name out there on next-gen.

I see Injustice PS4 as a bridge-builder. More of a tactical move than a serious undertaking. Still one phenomenal game. To really flesh it out would take development hours, people and resources away from the next project. Not surprised and rather relieved, actually.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 06/01/2014 12:52 PMStatus ::

Visits::19712

I'm bummed if this is true. (I'll wait for the official announcement) It would've been nice to see NRS really push the envelope, instead if playing it safe. It's the perfect time to make the leap.

Detox Wrote:
Well, good news for everyone involved I suppose. I really didn't like the idea of having to defend my stance on why next gen only was a good thing. No matter what, it just makes you come off like an asshole haha. I just hope the game can be fully realized without having to make a lot of concessions.

I don't give a shit what it makes me come off like. Is it such a bad thing to want the best of what you can get? Instead of second rate? And this isn't to say Cross gen MK would be bad. But it wouldn't be as good as a fully next gen MK.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
RubberChickenManPosted: 06/01/2014 01:01 PMStatus ::

Im not bummed. Injustice was cross gen and it worked out fine.

mkwhopperPosted: 06/01/2014 01:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::4514

I'm not a big graphic whore so it's fine. What's so bad about Cross Gen again?

Regardless, gonna pick up a PS3 & PS4 copy. 1 Year from now ;_;

DetoxPosted: 06/01/2014 01:17 PMStatus ::

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
I'm bummed if this is true. (I'll wait for the official announcement) It would've been nice to see NRS really push the envelope, instead if playing it safe. It's the perfect time to make the leap.

Detox Wrote:

I don't give a shit what it makes me come off like. Is it such a bad thing to want the best of what you can get? Instead of second rate? And this isn't to say Cross gen MK would be bad. But it wouldn't be as good as a fully next gen MK.

Haha, to look at someone that may want to play the game and can't, for whatever reason, and then try to justify it, no matter how good the reasons are, is going to leave you looking like an asshole. Its not bad to want the best version of the game possible, hell, I want the game next gen only. But I've been on both sides of the fence, and I guess its not really a matter of not wanting what's best for the series, but just that feeling of getting left out.

Anyway, its all here say and this could just be placeholder for all we know. We'll all know for sure tomarrow.

SolidSnakezPosted: 06/01/2014 01:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::2819

Why is nobody talking about..... PC VERSION!

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 06/01/2014 01:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::6177

Well I'm probably the outcast but I was hoping for cross gen. So I'm happy.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
mkwhopperPosted: 06/01/2014 01:23 PMStatus ::

Visits::4514

SolidSnakez Wrote:

No one cares. lel

DetoxPosted: 06/01/2014 01:29 PMStatus ::

SolidSnakez Wrote:

What is this...p.c. you speak of?

Page of 4

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.