Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 5

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/02/2014 12:09 PMStatus ::
Mortal Kombat X Press Release - New Characters, New Engine

Mortal Kombat X is officially upon us! After an explosive reveal trailer reveal, new details are emerging via the newly reclaimed MortalKombat.com and press release!

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.

“Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X."

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilize the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

After the reboot showcase of the last game, new characters are sure to be a welcome addition to the series. Of course, with multiple versions of characters on offer, we'll still be hoping to see some absentees make a comeback.

Be sure to check out the reveal trailer & recap for more details! Mortal Kombat X will be on the floor at next week's E3, where we hope to learn more about the 2015 instalment! Register to share your thoughts about all of these details on the Mortal Kombat X forum!

NS922Posted: 06/02/2014 11:38 AMStatus ::

Visits::10314
Nationality::United States
New characters mentioned by press release

London, UK. – 2nd June, 2014 – Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.

“Mortal Kombat is our acclaimed, world-renowned franchise and we are now advancing the fighting genre with Mortal Kombat X,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “NetherRealm Studios is best in class at delivering games fans love and they are taking their iconic brand to the next level with Mortal Kombat X."

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilise the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

Mortal Kombat X combines cinematic presentation with all new gameplay to deliver the most brutal Kombat experience ever, offering a new fully-connected experience that launches players into a persistent online contest where every fight matters in a global battle for supremacy. For the first time, Mortal Kombat X gives players the ability to choose from multiple variations of each character impacting both strategy and fighting style. Players step into an original story showcasing some of the game’s most prolific characters including Scorpion and Sub-Zero, while introducing new challengers that represent the forces of good and evil and tie the tale together.

Hooky-FookyPosted: 06/02/2014 11:41 AMStatus ::

Visits::1061
RE: New characters mentioned by press release

Good! I still want them to bring back some MK4 era characters and give them a redo, but its about time we have some new characters.

Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 06/02/2014 11:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::5189

From the look of the designs of Sub and Scorp, i'm stoked for new characters. In the past nearly every new character, or redesign has been pretty boring. With Injustice they had some nice talent working on character designs so I hope with MKX it's even better.

gorostilllivesPosted: 06/02/2014 11:42 AMStatus ::

Visits::4925
Warner Bros. Mortal Kombat X Official Press Release - New characters, online gaming, game modes expected

UPDATE: Here is the official press release from Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment today announced Mortal Kombat X, NetherRealm Studios’ next highly anticipated installment in its legendary, critically acclaimed fighting game franchise that propels the iconic franchise into a new generation. Mortal Kombat X is scheduled for release in 2015 for the PlayStation®4 and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment systems, Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Xbox 360 games and entertainment system from Microsoft and Windows PC. Mortal Kombat X will make its first public appearance at Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) 2014 in Los Angeles.

“Mortal Kombat has always been about over-the-top, visceral fighting and with Mortal Kombat X we wanted to utilize the power of new-gen consoles to give players our most intense game yet,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “The team has worked hard to make sure Mortal Kombat X delivers everything fans expect along with new characters, new game modes and an all new graphics engine.”

From ComingSoon.net

Hooky-FookyPosted: 06/02/2014 11:46 AMStatus ::

Visits::1061
RE: Warner Bros. Mortal Kombat X Official Press Release - New characters, online gaming, game modes expected

Someone beat ya to it!. http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=150996

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 06/02/2014 12:05 PMStatus ::

Visits::6174

I'm excited to see some fresh new blood for sure, that said, I really don't want more than 5 new characters. My ideal roster would be-

10 returning MK9 characters.
10 MK4-MKD characters.
5 All new characters.

That's a nicely well balance cast of 25. I really want the cast to be well balanced.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
AJAX75Posted: 06/02/2014 12:11 PMStatus ::

Visits::168
Nationality::United Kingdom
RE: Warner Bros. Mortal Kombat X Official Press Release - New characters, online gaming, game modes expected

Does this mean brand new, never been in an MK game before 'new characters' or pre-existing but weren't in the last game 'new characters'?

Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 06/02/2014 12:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::5189

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
I'm excited to see some fresh new blood for sure, that said, I really don't want more than 5 new characters. My ideal roster would be-

10 MK4-MKD characters.

5 All new characters.

That's a nicely well balance cast of 25. I really want the cast to be well balanced.

30+ with DLC. MK9 had 31, but 32 on PS3 with Kratos. I agree on not too many new characters with a good amount of MK4's totally redesigned.

ReptileFinallyPosted: 06/02/2014 12:20 PMStatus ::

Visits::3496
RE: Mortal Kombat X Press Release - New Characters, New Engine

Awesome, just..awesome.

2015, please hurry!

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 06/02/2014 12:21 PMStatus ::

Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

10 MK4-MKD characters.

5 All new characters.

30+ with DLC. MK9 had 31, but 32 on PS3 with Kratos. I agree on not too many new characters with a good amount of MK4's totally redesigned.

That would make this game PERFECT. I just want a good mix is all. God I can't wait for more light to be shed on the roster. It'll drive me insane not knowing who's in, who's out, exactly how many new characters there are ect.

Reminds me of the good old days of early 2004 with the Deception hype.

Leader Of Rain's Minions & Tanya's Titans. Thx Minion!  photo ProfesserAhnkaSig_zpsoi5spq99.gif
MK176Posted: 06/02/2014 12:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::16062

I'm really excited to see new characters. Maybe we can see who else resides in the Netherrealm and see a bigger role for kombatants there. Same goes for the Outworld people or more Shaolin Monks? Then there's the woman who appeared in Jade's ending and maybe they'll even count King Jerrod if he takes over for Ermac. Maybe Kia and Jataaka have a chance to be playable?

I'm definitely excited to see more characters in this game. My hopes at this point are:

12 returning from MK9
10 from MK4-MKD
6 new characters

Giving a total of 28 which if I recall correctly, is the amount of characters in MK9 (PS3 version) without any DLC.

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 06/02/2014 12:26 PMStatus ::

Visits::19142

I'm glad we're getting new characters. I just hope they turn out to be interesting and fun to play.

Spider-2099Posted: 06/02/2014 12:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::1862

Scorpion's new design is interesting...its a bit of a departure from what we've gotten recently. It looks Medieval-ish...he reminds me of an Assassin (which I guess is fitting considering that he is a ninja).

Thank the Elder Gods Sub-Zero looks better this time around. I could not STAND his MK2011 Primary. I wonder who it is under the mask though...does Noob get turned back into Bi Han after getting kicked into that Soulnado by Nightwolf? Or does Kuai Liang somehow return from death and automation and reclaim his humanity?

Anyway you slice it, this is looking fantastic. I'm still curious about what they mean by being able to choose "variations" of the characters though. Hopefully we'll get more details next week at E3.

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 06/02/2014 12:32 PMStatus ::

MK176 Wrote:
I'm really excited to see new characters. Maybe we can see who else resides in the Netherrealm and see a bigger role for kombatants there. Same goes for the Outworld people or more Shaolin Monks? Then there's the woman who appeared in Jade's ending and maybe they'll even count King Jerrod if he takes over for Ermac. Maybe Kia and Jataaka have a chance to be playable?

I'm definitely excited to see more characters in this game. My hopes at this point are:

12 returning from MK9

10 from MK4-MKD

6 new characters

Giving a total of 28 which if I recall correctly, is the amount of characters in MK9 (PS3 version) without any DLC.

I'll be fine with that as well. As long as it's some kind of mix that includes MK9 alums, MK4-MKD vets, and a few fresh newbies I'll be absolutely fine with the roster.

Maria_LindaPosted: 06/02/2014 12:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::136
Nationality::Antarctica

Tanya will be the champion of Mortal Kombat X!

Do you see this, Ed Boon? TANYA will be playable in 2015. Ok? MK10. Konfirm this.

Tanya Legenderia Mortalika will own the Mortal Kombat tournament!

martin_m95Posted: 06/02/2014 12:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::590
Nationality::Bulgaria

Am i the only one who can't open the mortalkombat.com site. I keep getting an error

mkwhopperPosted: 06/02/2014 12:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::4512

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

10 MK4-MKD characters.

5 All new characters.

How about
10 returning MK9 Characters
10 MK4-MKD Characters
10 New Characters

*Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* 😏

Baraka407Posted: 06/02/2014 12:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::8960

Yay! New characters! Really glad that they made it a point to emphasize that after how many familiar faces we had last game.

Not sure about the persistent online world where every win matters. Great as an option, like in Killer Instinct, but it better not be online only like Titanfall. They wouldn't do that... Would they?

ProfesserAhnkaPosted: 06/02/2014 12:38 PMStatus ::

mkwhopper Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

10 MK4-MKD characters.

5 All new characters.

How about

10 MK4-MKD Characters

10 New Characters

*Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* 😏

Well that would move my roster to 30, so why not? Sure lol

Like I said, as long as there's a balance I'm fine with it. I just don't want like 15 new characters with 5 MK4-MKD characters and 5 MK9 vets, nothing loopy like that lol

dibulaPosted: 06/02/2014 12:41 PMStatus ::

Visits::7429

I wasn't expecting to be this excited, even as simple as this trailer was. I feel like a proper MK fan again. This is good.

SmashKPosted: 06/02/2014 12:45 PMStatus ::

Visits::646

- An original story!
- New Characters!!
- New Game Modes!!!
- All New Graphics Engine!!!!
- Multiple Variations of Each Character that impacts strategy and fighting style!!!!!

Wow......I am so HYPE right now!! Very happy to hear we're getting an original story and not a simple retelling of MK4.

Baraka407Posted: 06/02/2014 12:48 PMStatus ::

Visits::8960

SmashK Wrote:
- An original story!

- New Characters!!

- New Game Modes!!!

- All New Graphics Engine!!!!

- Multiple Variations of Each Character that impacts strategy and fighting style!!!!!

Wow......I am so HYPE right now!! Very happy to hear we're getting an original story and not a simple retelling of MK4.

Same here!!!! I think that las part is key too. I really didn't want the exact story again.

Kabal20Posted: 06/02/2014 12:49 PMStatus ::

Visits::6204

This is getting more interesting now. An original story centered around scorpion and sub-zero. Along with multiple variations of characters. Also a persistently connected game.

Sounds like they're going to borrow from Street Fighter and allow players to interrupt single player arcade matches like as if you where playing in the arcade.

XBL: kabal31082, PSN: Kabal31082
Nintendo Id: kabal82, 3ds friend code: 2595-3252-2624

mkwhopperPosted: 06/02/2014 12:50 PMStatus ::

Visits::4512

ProfesserAhnka Wrote:
mkwhopper Wrote:
ProfesserAhnka Wrote:

10 MK4-MKD characters.

5 All new characters.

How about

10 MK4-MKD Characters

10 New Characters

*Wink* *Wink* *Nudge* 😏

Well that would move my roster to 30, so why not? Sure lol

Like I said, as long as there's a balance I'm fine with it. I just don't want like 15 new characters with 5 MK4-MKD characters and 5 MK9 vets, nothing loopy like that lol

It was a reference to MK X(10)

Page of 5

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.