Bi-Han confirmed?
posted08/03/2014 09:15 PM (UTC)by
Ultimachu
About Me
Twitter | DeviantArt | YouTube
"When you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibilities of a new reality."
So, Ed Boon posted this to his Twitter not to long ago:

Scorpion: Murderer!a10;Subzero: I tire of maintaining my innocence...a10;Scorpion: I will relieve you of your burden!a10;Announcer: FIGHT !!!

— Ed Boon (@noobde) June 5, 2014

Scorpion has no reason to be angry at Kuai-Liang or blame him for the slaughter of his people, and is well aware that Bi-Han is the original Sub-Zero. What do you think this means for the MKX story?
MKfan99
About Me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

06/05/2014 04:53 PM (UTC)
That's what I'm taking from that Tweet... Some people see it as a sign of character specific intros, but I think it was Boon subtly hinting which Sub-Zero we are seeing.
Siroj
About Me

06/05/2014 04:58 PM (UTC)
But I don't see why Bi-Han would claim to be innocent, after all, he did slaughter them.

But my guess is that this story will involve alternate universes, maybe even show that MK9 actually took place in one such universe and that all the characters we love (and hate) are very much alive. And seeing that you can select multiple versions of a character, I don't think my reasoning is too far fetched.

So maybe this conversation is between Scorpion and a Sub-Zero from another Earth. A Sub-Zero who is indeed innocent. I hope we'll get more information from E3, but knowing Boon and Co, they'll probably remain silent on the story just to see their fans freak out when they reveal characters like Cyborg Liu Kang or the likes. :p
MKfan99
About Me

06/05/2014 05:00 PM (UTC)
Wait what? It was Quan Chi that slaughtered his family and clan... he just made it seem like Sub-Zero did it..
thisiscourage
06/05/2014 05:00 PM (UTC)
Does indeed sound that way..

In which case I am hoping that in one of the multiple universes Noob Saibot is still very much at large.
Ultimachu
About Me
Twitter | DeviantArt | YouTube
"When you base your expectations only on what you see, you blind yourself to the possibilities of a new reality."
06/05/2014 05:01 PM (UTC)
Siroj Wrote:
But I don't see why Bi-Han would claim to be innocent, after all, he did slaughter them.

But my guess is that this story will involve alternate universes, maybe even show that MK9 actually took place in one such universe and that all the characters we love (and hate) are very much alive. And seeing that you can select multiple versions of a character, I don't think my reasoning is too far fetched.

So maybe this conversation is between Scorpion and a Sub-Zero from another Earth. A Sub-Zero who is indeed innocent. I hope we'll get more information from E3, but knowing Boon and Co, they'll probably remain silent on the story just to see their fans freak out when they reveal characters like Cyborg Liu Kang or the likes. :p

But, Bi-Han is innocent. Sure, the Lin Kuei and the Shirai Ryu were rivals, but it was Quan-Chi who framed Sub-Zero and made Scorpion think he slaughtered his clan. Scorpion learns this in MK4.
Immortal_Kanji
06/05/2014 05:02 PM (UTC)
I wanted Kuai Liang!
Lokheit
06/05/2014 05:18 PM (UTC)
This doesn't confirm anything as the dialogue still fits Kuai Liang to perfection:

Remember that during MK4 plot, Quan Chi made Scorpion believe that it was Kuai Liang who did all the horrible things (because Scorpion decided to protect him when he saw he had mercy on Johnny Cage so he wasn't a maniac like the older one) and this game supposedly takes place around that time so it fits.

Sub-Zero ending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaDswxZ3ZSM

Scorpion ending:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHSXCt9keaI
MKfan99
About Me

06/05/2014 05:19 PM (UTC)
I still find it interesting that every one seems to be jumping on the "multi-verses" bandwagon. Yes, it seems a logical option given the tiny sliver of information we have... but I will LAUGH if E3 comes and the story has nothing to do with that grin
gosoxtim
06/05/2014 05:29 PM (UTC)
Lokheit Wrote:
This doesn't confirm anything as the dialogue still fits Kuai Liang to perfection:

Remember that during MK4 plot, Quan Chi made Scorpion believe that it was Kuai Liang who did all the horrible things and this game supposedly takes place around that time.
yeah but ed boon said this continue of the mk9 story but yet also orginal new story as well so it wont follow mk4 and beyond
hankypanky1
06/05/2014 05:34 PM (UTC)
Here is Sub-Zero
Ki5hiDo
06/05/2014 05:40 PM (UTC)
If is Bi-Han I would love it... But on the other had, I want Noob as well... he has so much potential.

And what about Kuai Lang? Noob Cyborg? xD

Still hioe for no multiverse shit... I will hate it. No matter how much people come to me, with herp derp Injustice was fine and X-Men is doing it as well.

Yeah I dislike those stories as well.
Siroj
About Me

06/05/2014 05:41 PM (UTC)
Ultimachu Wrote:
But, Bi-Han is innocent. Sure, the Lin Kuei and the Shirai Ryu were rivals, but it was Quan-Chi who framed Sub-Zero and made Scorpion think he slaughtered his clan. Scorpion learns this in MK4.

Oh yeah, you're right. Must have had a brainfart.
Just pretend my previous post doesn't exist. :p
Lokheit
06/05/2014 05:41 PM (UTC)
gosoxtim Wrote:

yeah but ed boon said this continue of the mk9 story but yet also orginal new story as well so it wont follow mk4 and beyond

Ed said it was kind of both, refering to MK4 and something new, which is why some people believe there will be multi-reality (and this theory supports even more this dialogue belonging to Kuai Liang as the Kuai from the previous reality already went through this).

If there is even a fraction of MK4 (or even without it to be honest) Quan Chi can still try that plot to make Scorpion and Sub-Zero kill each other.

Boon's quote doesn't confirm Bi-Han at all as this has already happened with young Subby.
gosoxtim
06/05/2014 05:44 PM (UTC)
but isnt the younger subzero a cyborg now
Ki5hiDo
06/05/2014 05:53 PM (UTC)
gosoxtim Wrote:
but isnt the younger subzero a cyborg now

And the older Noob? And now?

Someone new? Doubt it

I already see it incoming... Multiverse Sub Zero's vs Multiverse Scorpion's interaction
gosoxtim
06/05/2014 05:58 PM (UTC)
Ki5hiDo Wrote:
I already see it incoming... Multiverse Sub Zero's vs Multiverse Scorpion's interaction
hence MK X Mk
hankypanky1
06/05/2014 06:06 PM (UTC)
gosoxtim Wrote:
Ki5hiDo Wrote:

hence MK X Mk

The reason I like MK X MK concept is because unlike the superheroes and supervillains in Injustice (DC), I found it hard to believe Lex Luthor risking his life to protect Superman. And an evil Superman? With MK, an evil Kitana, or a good Mileena etc. sounds more exciting and interesting.
Mobster_For_SATAN
06/05/2014 06:12 PM (UTC)
hankypanky1 Wrote:
gosoxtim Wrote:
Ki5hiDo Wrote:

hence MK X Mk

The reason I like MK X MK concept is because unlike the superheroes and supervillains in Injustice (DC), I found it hard to believe Lex Luthor risking his life to protect Superman. And an evil Superman? With MK, an evil Kitana, or a good Mileena etc. sounds more exciting and interesting.

Yuck, I don't want opposite characters. Only a human Scorpion, labeled as Hanzo. I'll say I want that until my face turns red.
hankypanky1
06/05/2014 06:17 PM (UTC)
Mobster_For_SATAN Wrote:
hankypanky1 Wrote:
gosoxtim Wrote:
Ki5hiDo Wrote:

hence MK X Mk

Yuck, I don't want opposite characters. Only a human Scorpion, labeled as Hanzo. I'll say I want that until my face turns red.

lol come to think of it, I'd like all mk9 arcade endings to actually be true and be alternate timeline.
gosoxtim
06/05/2014 06:31 PM (UTC)
or where kitanna is the monster this time and where millana not the monster
RazorsEdge701
06/05/2014 06:41 PM (UTC)
The last game had TWO Bi-Hans and TWO Kuai Liangs in the same game.

And now we're potentially talking about alternate timelines crossing over.

Seems like a waste of time to wonder "which Sub-Zero" we'll see when the answer could very well be "All".
DjangoDrag
06/05/2014 07:58 PM (UTC)
This time next week, we'll likely know the answer to these questions.
Scar_Subby
06/05/2014 07:58 PM (UTC)
I will NEVER understand the love for Bi-Han. Especially when he's the exact character that his fans want, but his name is Noob Saibot instead. It's like they have to have him as Sub-Zero.

Meanwhile, if Kuai Liang isn't Sub-Zero he has nothing.

Also, I take this as a confirmation of nothing. It's just a tweet from Boon (showing his fandom of Scorpion again). Possibly an intro, but I doubt seeing as how Scorpion replies back. Possible clash system like Injustice?

Also, Bi-Han IS guilty of murdering Hanzo. So, he's not completely innocent. Meanwhile, Kuai Liang is.completely innocent of ever doing anything to Scorpion.
MK_Fanatic_
06/05/2014 09:14 PM (UTC)
People, people. I think what we have here is one of the many incarnations of Sub-Zero facing off against our current/altered timeline Scorpion.

The game will have 4 versions of our favorite ice warrior...

Older Sub-Zero aka Bi-Han (original MK1 era)
Noob (original MK2-Armageddon era)

Younger Sub-Zero aka Kuai Liang (original MK2-Armageddon era)
Cyborg Sub-Zero (altered timeline MK2011)

*I originally intended to make a joke post and just list off as many versions of Sub-Zero as possible until I realized this might actually work.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.