posted10/23/2014 08:18 AM (UTC)by
Immortal_Kanji
Who would you choose to be Sub-Zero?

Kuai Liang
Bi-Han
or new warrior taking the mantle?
stinky_thc_cloud
06/05/2014 09:40 PM (UTC)
New warrior, no question. A young Lin Kuei who's believes in the old Lin Kuei way. A young cyromancer that heard legends of Lin Kuie only to find out they are now a soulless corporation in alliance to a higher up... The Lin Kuei sold out. He tries to reclaim the Lin Kuie name (successfully) and Tekunin is formed. It's destiny, one way or another some things just happen (see MK 9 lol)

It's not amazing but it's better than resurrection IMO.
T-rex
About Me

06/05/2014 09:43 PM (UTC)
Shredder Zero or bust.
Immortal_Kanji
06/05/2014 10:24 PM (UTC)
If its gonna be a new Sub-Zero, it should be someone who wants to straighten the Lin Kuei into a force of peace.

Someone who Bi-Han and Kuai Liang knew. When he hears that both brothers were killed in a war for the realms, he wishes to join the fight and find out what happened. He first learns of Kuai Liang killed and sent into the Netherrealm. And later finds out Bi-Han became Noob Saibot. He also learns that Scorpion killed Bi-Han and learns why he did it.
SwingBatta
06/05/2014 10:26 PM (UTC)
New one, if I absolutely had to pick.

And for God's sake, put him into an ORIGINAL storyline instead of automatically dragging him into Scorpion's mess.
Xman321
About Me

Christmas...the only time of year that the Bonne's would be giving, instead of getting.

06/05/2014 10:41 PM (UTC)
New Sub-Zero?

WHY DIDN'T I THINK OF THAT!

It explains why Subby's human in the trailer, the blue eyes, etc.

Ed Boon, please tell me you read these forums, LET THIS HAPPEN!
martin_m95
06/05/2014 10:43 PM (UTC)
I'll go with Kuai Liang. He's one of my favourites
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
06/05/2014 10:48 PM (UTC)
Bi-Han
NS922
About Me
06/05/2014 11:03 PM (UTC)
Don't want a new one. What was cool to me about Sub Zero was that it was just Bi Han and his brother and it was very meaningful for Kuai to follow in his brother's footsteps. Throw in a new one and then what? Will it be a third brother? Or just some new guy that calls his people up like "I just got the role! I'm gonna be Sub Zero!" Like Sub Zero is James Bond and the guys are actors. Then I guess they could just keep killing Sub Zero and not have to worry about story implications, because they could just bring in a new guy to be Sub Zero.
stinky_thc_cloud
06/05/2014 11:17 PM (UTC)
Man I should probably learn how to quote people. Guy above me, I know what you're saying but think of it as A mantle/ super hero trope. The title is passed down to someone worthy in the eyes of the predecessors and/ or someone who uphold the same value as the predecessor. New kid is against the incentive, Kuai Liang was also against the initiative BOOM!. Their were likely sub zeros before Bi-Han, I don't think family is that important in this case.

Guy a few posts above me. It doesn't matter who he is or what he did, Sub Zero will always be dragged into Scorpions mess because Scorp is blinded/driven by vengeance... and I won't even get started on the whole Mario & Luigi, Mario vs Ken thing, Batman vs Joker ect...

mkwhopper
06/05/2014 11:18 PM (UTC)
T-rex Wrote:
Shredder Zero or bust.
NS922
About Me
06/05/2014 11:21 PM (UTC)
stinky_thc_cloud Wrote:
Man I should probably learn how to quote people. Guy above me, I know what you're saying but think of it as A mantle/ super hero trope. The title is passed down to someone worthy in the eyes of the predecessors and/ or someone who uphold the same value as the predecessor. New kid is against the incentive, Kuai Liang was also against the initiative BOOM!. Their were likely sub zeros before Bi-Han, I don't think family is that important in this case.

Guy a few posts above me. It doesn't matter who he is or what he did, Sub Zero will always be dragged into Scorpions mess because Scorp is blinded/driven by vengeance... and I won't even get started on the whole Mario & Luigi, Mario vs Ken thing, Batman vs Joker ect...

To quote, click "Reply" to the post you want and then "Add Original"

I don't know all about the whole Sub Zero lore but I do know that it'll get goofy quick if we end up with 10 different Sub Zeros.
stinky_thc_cloud
06/05/2014 11:40 PM (UTC)
You think things aren't goofy now? Yes I think that would be goofy... but that's also a ridiculous assumption, If this is a new guy he will be the last. I personally think a third undead ninja would be just as goofy (who is connected to the other two undead ninjas).
Lokheit
06/06/2014 12:08 AM (UTC)
Kuai Liang all the way, and if the storyline where he gets his shredder armor from the cryomancers can come back, better.

New Sub-Zero makes no sense. The second one was carrying his brother mantle and has his same powers because of their shared heritage. Third Sub-Zero wouldn't be related to them and wouldn't hae cryomancer heritage.
Tazer_Gunshot
06/06/2014 12:28 AM (UTC)
I'd say Bi-Han (Noob)

Since the Soulnado tore Noob apart, Bi-Hans soul broke away. It found a corpse and shot into it. Bi-Han is resurrected.
Sub-Zero does not need his "Shredder" design. It sucked!
Chris444
06/06/2014 12:29 AM (UTC)
Immortal_Kanji Wrote:
If its gonna be a new Sub-Zero, it should be someone who wants to straighten the Lin Kuei into a force of peace.

Someone who Bi-Han and Kuai Liang knew. When he hears that both brothers were killed in a war for the realms, he wishes to join the fight and find out what happened. He first learns of Kuai Liang killed and sent into the Netherrealm. And later finds out Bi-Han became Noob Saibot. He also learns that Scorpion killed Bi-Han and learns why he did it.

Hydro?
balkcsiaboot
06/06/2014 12:38 AM (UTC)
Perhaps it's Noob Saibot who has returned as an "evil sub-zero" because getting his ass knocked into the Soulnado stripped the wraith out of him?
Chris444 Wrote:
Immortal_Kanji Wrote:

Hydro?
I wish people would stfu about Hydro already. HYDRO DOES NOT FUCKING FREEZE SHIT; and he should NEVER freeze shit. Leave that little twerp in the comics where he belongs. We already have Rain sprinkling water at opponents too, so fuck 'em!
Heavy-Rain
06/06/2014 01:07 AM (UTC)
I hate his shredder armor!
Scar_Subby
06/06/2014 01:39 AM (UTC)
And...here we go again with the soulnado shit. Really guys?

If everybody made it out of the soulnado fine then wtf is the point of the soulnado??? It's supposed to tear everything apart. I mean what you guys are asking for in that plotline is that the evil (Noob Saibot) is ripped from him. In that case Bi-Han = good guy. He would or should be just like Kuai Liang. So, you're not going to get the bad Sub-Zero some of you are hoping for. In fact you're basically just asking to ruin two characters. Noob Saibot and Kuai Liang. Noob Saibot would be relegated to lackey figure while everyone hated cyber Sub-Zero so he would never see the light of day again.

Not to mention when they revealed Bi-Han as Noob that was one of the best stories they've developed IMO. He was an asshole, so in death Quan Chi perfected him into what he was meant to be.

Why are people acting like Cyber Sub-Zero can't be reversed yet somehow Noob Saibot can? Newsflash...all of the Armageddon endings were false. All of them.

Noob Saibot is Bi-Han and guess what he's evil. He's exactly what Bi-Han fans want. He just doesn't have the name Sub-Zero and that just pisses Bi-Han fans off for some reason.

So, if you guys can't tell. I'm pro Kuai Liang all the way. Either have him look like my profile pic or give him Shredder gear.
Immortal_Kanji
06/06/2014 01:43 AM (UTC)
blacksaibot Wrote:
Perhaps it's Noob Saibot who has returned as an "evil sub-zero" because getting his ass knocked into the Soulnado stripped the wraith out of him?

Chris444 Wrote:
Immortal_Kanji Wrote:

Hydro?

I wish people would stfu about Hydro already. HYDRO DOES NOT FUCKING FREEZE SHIT; and he should NEVER freeze shit. Leave that little twerp in the comics where he belongs. We already have Rain sprinkling water at opponents too, so fuck 'em!

I'm not TALKING ABOUT HYDRO! NOT EVER!

SOMEONE FROM ANOTHER COUNTRY IN ASIA!
stinky_thc_cloud
06/06/2014 01:50 AM (UTC)
Totally agree about the Soulnado. There is dead in MK and then there's DEAD, DEAD. Noob is hopefully (assuming the writers don't cop out) dead.

Still think a new Sub is the best route. Quan Chi has already used Bi-han and Scorp. Kuai Liang would be overkill. His closest ties in the story are to two undead ninjas, making him a third would be lazy.

Don't care about the family/heritage argument. They resent one another and Kuai Liang didn't even know what he was getting into by putting on the mask. Motivation is more significant than a blood relationship when it comes to "passing the torch" IMO.
stinky_thc_cloud
06/06/2014 01:58 AM (UTC)
Lokheit Wrote:
Kuai Liang all the way, and if the storyline where he gets his shredder armor from the cryomancers can come back, better.

New Sub-Zero makes no sense. The second one was carrying his brother mantle and has his same powers because of their shared heritage. Third Sub-Zero wouldn't be related to them and wouldn't hae cryomancer heritage.

Bi-Han/Kuai Lang aren't the only Cyromancers.
Scar_Subby
06/06/2014 02:00 AM (UTC)
stinky_thc_cloud Wrote:
Totally agree about the Soulnado. There is dead in MK and then there's DEAD, DEAD. Noob is hopefully (assuming the writers don't cop out) dead.

Still think a new Sub is the best route. Quan Chi has already used Bi-han and Scorp. Kuai Liang would be overkill. His closest ties in the story are to two undead ninjas, making him a third would be lazy.

Don't care about the family/heritage argument. They resent one another and Kuai Liang didn't even know what he was getting into by putting on the mask. Motivation is more significant than a blood relationship when it comes to "passing the torch" IMO.

See, I agree with you that the Sub-Zero name should be heritage. In the old timeline I think Bi-Han was like the 5th or 6th and Kuai was the 6th or 7th can't remember exact numbers. I agree with you on that though.

However, I want Kuai Liang to come back for the simple fact that his endgame should be passing the torch to one of his kids. Do any of the fighters have kids??? We know Scorpion did, but he was murdered. I think it could add a whole new complex story for one of the characters to have kids, and why not Sub-Zero who coincidentally has a family name to carry on.

In fact Scorpion watching over him in the old timeline was kind of significant. Especially had Sub-Zero had children because Scorpion would have been protecting the very thing that he lost and in that way he and Kuai Liang could have became like.brothers.

Im basing this off the assumption that maybe one day in the future they jump forward though.
saiZero
About Me

06/06/2014 10:47 AM (UTC)
omfg u guys and ur 6th 7th 8th 9th 10th subzero bull shit all thanks to that peice of shit Conquest show.

It should not be inherited at all. did we already forget the two brothers were kidnapped? r u gonna tell me the lin kuei went around looking for cryomancers every so often just to pass down the fucking subzero name? please.... just please.
Charybdis
About Me

"Pray for the Kahn's Mercy"

06/06/2014 10:50 AM (UTC)
New. And keep him out of Scorpions storyline for a while at least. He could be the last of the cryomancers. If he gets the Armour, great
Pages: 9
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.