Sub-Zero Becoming GrandMaster
posted06/14/2014 06:10 PM (UTC)by
Viser
This is going to be interesting to see since the game spans the 25 years, we will see him becoming the grandmaster of the linkuei, and defeating Sektor. ( from what i gathered Sub-Zero's third style variation is called Grandmaster). So with that happening we could very well see Frost in the story as well Sektors tenkuin make a return.

thoughts?
Chrome
About Me

06/11/2014 07:38 PM (UTC)
Viser Wrote:
This is going to be interesting to see since the game spans the 25 years, we will see him becoming the grandmaster of the linkuei, and defeating Sektor. ( from what i gathered Sub-Zero's third style variation is called Grandmaster). So with that happening we could very well see Frost in the story as well Sektors tenkuin make a return.

thoughts?

Hope not, at least not the same way as we saw it. Would have no purpose.

Also, there is no indication that Sektor IS the grandmaster of the LK at this point. Could be, probably will be. Keep in mind that arcade endings were full of errors.

Like Kung Lao being the reincarnation of the Great Kung Lao. The same soul that was at the time in Shang Tsung or his runestone amulet, or whatever that thing was...

MKfan99
About Me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

06/11/2014 07:43 PM (UTC)
If they go the route of MK9 and each main character gets a "Chapter" I hope that each of their chapters tell their story from MK9 through the 25 year span.. I want to see Sub-Zeros story from where it left off in MK9 all the way to the end.. Im sure a lot happens in that time period
Viser
06/11/2014 08:06 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
Viser Wrote:

thoughts?

Also, there is no indication that Sektor IS the grandmaster of the LK at this point. Could be, probably will be. Keep in mind that arcade endings were full of errors.

Like Kung Lao being the reincarnation of the Great Kung Lao. The same soul that was at the time in Shang Tsung or his runestone amulet, or whatever that thing was...

I hope they do make it happen in similar fashion, i want to see it visually. Sub-Zero has had one of the best stories in MK imo.
Lokheit
06/11/2014 11:31 PM (UTC)
Viser Wrote:
Chrome Wrote:
Viser Wrote:

thoughts?

I hope they do make it happen in similar fashion, i want to see it visually. Sub-Zero has had one of the best stories in MK imo.

I hope it too. I want to see those events as during the previous timeline we were told what happened, which was the richer story any character has got, but it would be great to actually play those events.
Viser
06/12/2014 02:19 AM (UTC)
Lokheit Wrote:
Viser Wrote:
Chrome Wrote:
Viser Wrote:

thoughts?

I hope it too. I want to see those events as during the previous timeline we were told what happened, which was the richer story any character has got, but it would be great to actually play those events.

Lokheit seems like me and you are always on the same page tongue

It would be great to play throughout all those important events, and see Sub come into his own, as well as dive deeper into the workings of the LIn Kuei. Some of the things i would love to see in that story is Sub-Zero, Smoke, and hell maybe he can even show Frost the error of her ways, and see them turn the LK around.

Oh and i know this is the inner fanboy in me, but god would it be nice to see Sub beat the crap out of Scorp, or at least put him in his place and make him see that hes being used like a puppet.
Icebaby
06/12/2014 01:19 PM (UTC)
If they decide to make him a grandmaster again I'd be down for it. Just hope they don't give him that pathetic looking Shredder outfit. The only time I hated looking at my favorite character.

At least it was better looking than his alternate. Yeash!
Jaded-Raven
06/12/2014 01:24 PM (UTC)

Best Subbie outfit ever!
MK176
06/12/2014 01:51 PM (UTC)
I wouldn't mind if we see something similar to the events of MK4-MKD when it comes to Sub-Zero and being GrandMaster and finding out about his cryomancer origins. I mean it'll obviously be played out way differently but I think it'd be nice to see those details touched upon since they're now a part of Sub-Zero's play styles. As far as costumes go, a part of me is hoping to see unmasked Sub-Zero.
Murcielago
About Me

Get that ass BANNED

06/12/2014 01:56 PM (UTC)
That fur collar trident helmet sub zero was my favorite. I hope they bring that back maybe in this game or in the future.
Nathan
About Me

06/12/2014 02:07 PM (UTC)
I actually really liked both. The Shredder outfit really gave him that regal Ninja master look. And though I completely understand that his alternate with the shaved head and pony tail might not have been to everyone's liking, I really liked his costume design. I thought Sub-Zero was easily one of the best designed characters in Deception.

Viser
06/12/2014 05:13 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:
If they decide to make him a grandmaster again I'd be down for it. Just hope they don't give him that pathetic looking Shredder outfit. The only time I hated looking at my favorite character.

Tell me about it, the Shredder outfit and its god awful alt was terrible. Ireally loved his MKDA both outfits, and MK9 really grew on me. Love the mask it's just his "look" imo
Scar_Subby
06/12/2014 05:19 PM (UTC)
I agree with bother Viser and Lokheit most of the time, buuuut I love the shredder gear.

I want it so damn bad in this game.
Viser
06/12/2014 05:38 PM (UTC)
Scar_Subby Wrote:
I agree with bother Viser and Lokheit most of the time, buuuut I love the shredder gear.

I want it so damn bad in this game.

Hey man glad to see you still around and passionate about MK :)

I understand some people love that outfit, and it does technically play a huge role in his heritage, it being the armor of his ancestors. Hell id be ok if it returned with an updated look. I just really want to see our boy ascend to Grandmaster see it all play out.
Jaded-Raven
06/12/2014 05:40 PM (UTC)
Something I rooted for in MK9 was to have all the past costumes become unlockable for each character. It would be cool to see in MKX.
Viser
06/12/2014 05:42 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Something I rooted for in MK9 was to have all the past costumes become unlockable for each character. It would be cool to see in MKX.

I can dig that, especially since some of the characters costumes actually play a role in their development.
Scar_Subby
06/12/2014 05:48 PM (UTC)
Like if I play as Cryomancer Subz I will just wear his cryo-armor.lol.

Unbreakable could be unmasked since he forms an ice mask anyway.

Grandmaster could just be his normal gear.

Yes, yes I plan on doing this.lol
DjangoDrag
06/12/2014 05:49 PM (UTC)
Shredder Sub was a joke. I'm pretty sure it was a literal joke. So bad.
NRS like has a tiny percentage of the staff they had back then. I'm sure we'll get some better ideas in the future. Injustice had some fantastic designs. I'm looking forward to what that will mean for MK and specifically Sub Zero. He's already looking pretty rad.
evilekim
06/12/2014 06:00 PM (UTC)
Icebaby Wrote:

Wha-what????!!! You're crazy!
That was the best Subzero has ever looked IMO. I'm definitely not the only one that thinks this way either. Most of his looks are so boring, good lord man lol
This look also helped get more people into him. I was a Scorpion fan for years, MK Deception changed me to a Subzero fan. Part of it was the costume, and the fact that he was so badass in that game. You gotta admit, this look drew some much needed attention to this awesome character.

MKDennis1980
06/12/2014 06:03 PM (UTC)
We'll see for that.
But they have to give him a good Master-outfit
No shredder please it was so f@#$%^g stupid, unbelievable they came up with that, non-worthy. There are way-better costumes thinkable for a Grandmaster.
A lot of people liked the shredder look whitch I really don't understand? Am I to old for playing MK?..no.no..No..NO.NOOOOOOOOOO!(haha) Btw I am really diggin his new costume,it looks damn good!!
Jaded-Raven
06/12/2014 06:03 PM (UTC)
evilekim Wrote:

That was the best Subzero has ever looked IMO. I'm definitely not the only one that thinks this way either. Most of his looks are so boring, good lord man lol
This look also helped get more people into him. I was a Scorpion fan for years, MK Deception changed me to a Subzero fan. Part of it was the costume, and the fact that he was so badass in that game. You gotta admit, this look drew some much needed attention to this awesome character.

I agree that this is definately Sub-Zero's best look of all the games. It's remniscent to his palette swap look, but it is also alot more than that and it show his ascended status as a Grandmaster! He looks like a powerful and regal warrior! I'd love to see an updated version of it return.
evilekim
06/12/2014 06:21 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Best Subbie outfit ever!

Fuckin' right ;)
Nathan
About Me

06/12/2014 10:16 PM (UTC)
I understand that everyone doesn't like the same things. Having a vast range of different tastes is always great. I just don't understand when people call it a joke. What exactly classifies it as terrible, cringe worthy, a complete and utter joke of a design? Is it only because the helmet is lifted from the Shredder, even though the rest of his costume looks nothing like Shredder at all, and is actually pretty unique?

If that helmet alone classifies him as a joke, simply because it's a rip-off, then almost every character from the first MK game has to be a complete and utter joke. Liu Kang is just Bruce Lee, what a joke. Johnny Cage is just Van Damme, what a joke. Raiden is the God from Big Trouble in Little China, what a joke.

Seriously, when is a rip-off ok, and when is it not? Who decides that?
Sub-Zero_7th
06/12/2014 10:36 PM (UTC)
I would like to see Kuai Liang return to developing into his Grandmaster status as long as the development works well and that we get other avenues for his character and story development afterwards. I still love his MKD primary costume, and I'd like to see something similar for him again in a future game. His MKD alternate was not liked by many, but I do like it overall even though I don't like what they did with his hairstyle.
Nathan
About Me

06/12/2014 10:40 PM (UTC)
Loved the MKD alternate, but the hairstyle was definitely a weird design choice. They should have just kept the hair from his Deadly Alliance design.

Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.