Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

What's Next?
Mortal Kombat 11 (80%)
MK Action-Adventure (10%)
MK HD Re-release (2.8%)
WWE Immortals (0%)
MK Krossover (2.8%)
MK Special Forces (2.8%)
Other (1.4%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • April 18th, 2018
    DC Announces Injustice vs He-Man [Read On]
  • April 16th, 2018
    Classic Superman Brings Golden Age to Injustice 2 Mobile [Read On]
  • March 31st, 2018
    Confirmed Ready Player One MK Cameos [Read On]
  • March 20th, 2018
    Mortal Kombat Coming to Netflix [Read On]
  • February 28th, 2018
    Best Buy Lists Injustice 2 Legendary Edition [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 3

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/11/2014 05:42 PMStatus ::
E3 2014: Ed Boon Talks MKX on Giant Bomb

Ed Boon is leading the charge for Mortal Kombat X at this year's E3 - and the results have been impressive! The Creative Director hosted an illuminating demo during the PlayStation Live Cast (yesterday), but it was a more sedate affair when he was a guest on Giant Bomb: The casual atmosphere not only made for a human conversation, but also dripped a couple more interesting details out of the project head:

The meaning of the X continues to stew in dubious analogies, but its pronounced status as "Ex" remains in tact. What's also in tact -- in some fashion -- is the new Mortal Kombat timeline.

Ed revealed the new game will continue the story some time after the end of Mortal Kombat (2011), before making large leaps in time across the already confirmed twenty-five year timespan. It won't begin immediately at the conclusion of the last story mode, but it also will not be a completely linear affair. To us, that sounds like revelatory flashbacks and other story-dependent deliveries of information.

This hyper-extended timeline is obviously the reason we'll seeing dramatic new developments, like the introduction of Cassie Cage -- daughter of Mortal Kombat originals Johnny Cage & Sonya Blade! Ed notes the light hearted predicament of allowing fatalities on family members -- a possible clue to the inclusion of mom & pop?

Choose Your Destiny: Scorpion faces D'Vorah in the E3 select screen.

As for the twenty-four silhouettes on the character select screen -- don't count those chickens just yet! As has been the case in previous years, that E3 select screen isn't final! Think you recognize some of the shapes? You probably do, but those too aren't to be trusted! There are hints of truth, but Ed makes no bones about the misleading shapes. "We just wanted to mess with people's heads."

Further emphasis has been placed on separating the stage interactions from Injustice: Gods Among Us, as well. Just as in the PlayStation Live Cast - Ed highlights the ability to garner leverage from interactive elements like walls and other location based influences. He also notes the conceptual scaling, keeping MK's interactions more low key than the bombastic super-human feats of the DC fighter.

Stamina meter management is also further discussed, with the reveal that there's no run button! Dashing to run is on the agenda, but obviously that will be subject to meter status.

The mysterious new online mode (revealed in the press release) is described as a 'persistent meta game'. That's certainly in keeping with existing interpretations of the mystery mode.

Mortal Kombat X is at E3 for the next two days! Check the live stream schedule for updates. Register to join in and immortalize your reactions on the forum! Be sure to support the site by liking & sharing stories via @MK_Online & Facebook, as well!

BADASS6669Posted: 06/11/2014 05:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::5695
Nationality::United States
Best Ed Boon Interview yet Giant Bomb

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/e3-2014-ed-boon-talks-mortal-kombat-x/2300-9076/ 24 is not the set number of Characters!!!!!

Sex is Evil, Evil is Sin, Sin is forgiven, so Sex is in. I kill people for a living. Get over it.
Dragon Points:
IcebabyPosted: 06/11/2014 05:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::11648
RE: Best Ed Boon Interview yet

I wasn't really expecting everything we see here to be set in stone. But if we're gonna get more characters, I'm all for it!

Jaded-RavenPosted: 06/11/2014 05:16 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

Thanks for posting this! :D

AsesinoPosted: 06/11/2014 05:19 PMStatus ::

Visits::14243
Nationality::Bulgaria

10x homie!

gosoxtimPosted: 06/11/2014 05:21 PMStatus ::

Visits::1768

so there are hints of truth but some are not real does anybody have the character select scene?

jack4813Posted: 06/11/2014 05:22 PMStatus ::

Visits::1198
RE: Best Ed Boon Interview yet Giant Bomb

This interview confirms that either Johnny or Sonya (or bothj) are in.

He mentions parents doing fatalities on Cassie and how they have never had that before until now.

Ninja_ArtsPosted: 06/11/2014 05:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::10534

Doesn't load for me...

Any chance of it being on YT or someone recap what's said/asked?

Maybe one day I'll probably make more of an impact than you'll ever fake. Sign the official petition for an MK LORE ENCYCLOPEDIA: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/553/418/526/mk-fans-unite-we-want-an-mk-lore-encyclopedia/?taf_id=13672050&cid=fb_na#
TemperaryUserNamePosted: 06/11/2014 05:24 PMStatus ::

Visits::6084

Looking forward to older Cage with young Cage as an alt if that turns out to be a thing.

But my favorite part of the interview was Boon's response regarding prevoius-gen versions of the game: "That's somebody else' problem."

New sig on the way
DarziePPosted: 06/11/2014 05:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::482
Nationality::Ireland

jack4813 Wrote:
He mentions parents doing fatalities on Cassie and how they have never had that before until now.

But they've had Sindel and Kitana in the same game able to perform fatalities on each other so they kinda have.

OptimusGrime Wrote:
Li Mei needs to be series mainstay. She betrayed goddamned planets because she wanted to fuck a dragon. Best character in anything ever.
mkdfanPosted: 06/11/2014 05:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::8521
Nationality::England

Cheers! Some good info. No run button, so those opposed to it will be glad. And a different team working on last gen versions, so focusing on next gen.

Darkhound74Posted: 06/11/2014 05:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::5378

TemperaryUserName Wrote:
Looking forward to older Cage with young Cage as an alt if that turns out to be a thing.

But my favorite part of the interview was Boon's response regarding prevoius-gen versions of the game: "That's somebody else' problem."

I have to agree, and that just proves that next gen is their top priority for MK.

photo darkhoundsig_zps0f1vqozf.gif
Thanks MINION
jack4813Posted: 06/11/2014 05:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::1198

DarzieP Wrote:
jack4813 Wrote:

But they've had Sindel and Kitana in the same game able to perform fatalities on each other so they kinda have.

Haha, well take that up with Ed! Regardless, he said it in the specific context of Cassie. So, ya know, Sonya and/or Cage has gotta be in there.

gosoxtimPosted: 06/11/2014 05:31 PMStatus ::

but i wonder who going to doing last gen becuase i order it for last gen

stinky_thc_cloudPosted: 06/11/2014 05:32 PMStatus ::

Visits::319
Nationality::Canada

Good stuff, thanks for sharing. I'm glad to hear NRS are focusing completely on the next gen version.

Thracian_TsarPosted: 06/11/2014 05:33 PMStatus ::

Visits::2714
Nationality::South Tyrol

gosoxtim Wrote:
but i wonder who going to doing last gen becuase i order it for last gen

Probably High Voltage Software. They ported MKKE and Injustice for PC. I'm happy with what they did.

Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 06/11/2014 05:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::5189

Nice, glad he said how the select screen was basically bullshit but with some truth in it.

JaymzHetfieldPosted: 06/11/2014 05:34 PMStatus ::

Visits::2461

This interview more or less confirms that the silhouettes in the character select screen are hints to the roster. That's awesome. Let the speculation...continue.

laurmanPosted: 06/11/2014 05:35 PMStatus ::

Visits::1985
Nationality::Denmark

Thanks man! Great interview.

Mobster_For_SATANPosted: 06/11/2014 05:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::5189

Oh hell yeah, and the lead team is working on the next gen versions! Good news for everyone who wanted it on PS4/XBone.

gosoxtimPosted: 06/11/2014 05:37 PMStatus ::

i think the peoson with fedora was bulshit

PrepareYourselfPosted: 06/11/2014 05:39 PMStatus ::

Visits::41
Nationality::Greenland

Great interview! Still using the PS3 so a little apprehensive about the porting but I agree that the focus should be on next gen. Hopefully it's the small stuff that gets cut if anything (like the heart popping down)

Spike81Posted: 06/11/2014 05:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::5067
Nationality::Netherlands

Wrong post sorry.

Mojo6Posted: 06/11/2014 05:40 PMStatus ::

Visits::5150

So did anyone else notice Ed Boon mentioning how someone asked him "So what are you going to do about relatives and fatalities?" This was in the context of Cassie doing a fatality. And then Ed jokingly did a *facepalm* and was like "Shit. Well we'll probably let them do it."

What this implies: CONTRARY to what many are speculating, Johnny and Sonya COULD be in the game still. In fact I'd say that this GUARANTEES that at least one of them are returning. Also...Ed pretty much confirms that the character select screen is intentionally just random silohuettes.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 06/11/2014 05:47 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

Darkhound74 Wrote:
TemperaryUserName Wrote:

I have to agree, and that just proves that next gen is their top priority for MK.

Glad to see they have their priorities in the right place. And that they are truly trying to deliver the best MK possible.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
Page of 3

© 1998-2018 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.