a next gen cyber fighter?
posted06/17/2014 12:19 AM (UTC)by
xxxxftixxxx
I was thinking looking at the "select screen" where they put in the Terminator. I wonder if NRS is planning on doing away with the cyber ninjas and going for something more Fulgore-esque in nature. Meaning something with no humanity to it at all
MINION
About Me
Groundbreaking Debut | You[Tube] | deviantART | Twitter
06/15/2014 05:20 PM (UTC)
Cyber i'm not really keen on. But maybe something like alissa from tekken.
Darkhound74
06/15/2014 05:30 PM (UTC)
I feel like the Terminator character slot was probably a hint at either Cyrax or Sektor.

Or possibly even Kano
Nathan
About Me

06/15/2014 05:35 PM (UTC)
If we get a Cyborg, I hope we get something really sleek looking.

This is my favorite Cyborg fan art.

Tazer_Gunshot
06/15/2014 05:37 PM (UTC)
Who I'd want it to be in order..

1-New Cyborg (female)
2-Kano
3-Jax
4-Smoke
5-Sektor
Darkhound74
06/15/2014 05:40 PM (UTC)
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:

1-New Cyborg (female)
2-Kano
3-Jax
4-Smoke
5-Sektor

I'm concerned by the lack of Cyrax
Nathan
About Me

06/15/2014 05:44 PM (UTC)
Oh boy, should they ever give us a female Cyborg, I hope they look at the Guyver Anime for inspiration.

projectzero00
06/15/2014 05:51 PM (UTC)
No. We already have enough cyborgs and 2 of them were amazing in MK9. Talking about Cyrax and Sektor of course who played awesome AND their stories can be explored even more with the first joining the SF and the latter becoming Grandmaster. I seriously don't want another new cyborg or another old character becoming a cyborg. And a huge no to a Rescue look-alike female cyborg.
Jaded-Raven
06/15/2014 05:53 PM (UTC)
I would only want to see a new cyber ninja if Sektor succeeded in taking over the Lin Kuei OR if he managed to form the Tekunin.

But the new cyber ninja should be unique from the other cyber ninjas. It shouldn't borrow moves from the others or play like them, but add something completely new to the gameplay.
Nathan
About Me

06/15/2014 05:57 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
I would only want to see a new cyber ninja if Sektor succeeded in taking over the Lin Kuei OR if he managed to form the Tekunin.

But the new cyber ninja should be unique from the other cyber ninjas. It shouldn't borrow moves from the others or play like them, but add something completely new to the gameplay.

Separate Cyber Ninjas, that can unite and form a giant, single Cyber Ninja! :D
Jaded-Raven
06/15/2014 06:07 PM (UTC)
Nathan Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:

Separate Cyber Ninjas, that can unite and form a giant, single Cyber Ninja! :D

... NO!
Heavy-Rain
06/15/2014 08:21 PM (UTC)
At first I thought the terminator silhouette was for a cyborg but after while I changed my mind to Kano.

I think that a new cyborg with be in the game that plays like both cyrax and sektor via 2 of the 3 variations.
RyanSeabass
06/15/2014 08:35 PM (UTC)
I haven't studied the select screen silhouettes, but if one of them is a terminator then I'd imagine that being a reference to Kano. If one of the spots is a predator, then I'd count that as a reference to one (or both) of the cyborgs.
Siroj
About Me

06/15/2014 08:43 PM (UTC)
I can actually see Kano modifying his body even further, but not full cyborg-like. Maybe something like Hsu-Hao's heart-tech. He could easily be one of the older characters to stick around.
Nathan
About Me

06/15/2014 08:56 PM (UTC)
I guess I wouldn't mind to see Kano as some kind of patchwork Cyborg. He would probably never undergo a full Cyborg transformation. But if he lost an arm, or a leg, he'd probably replace them with cybernetic limbs.
Tazer_Gunshot
06/16/2014 12:22 AM (UTC)
Darkhound74 Wrote:
Tazer_Gunshot Wrote:

1-New Cyborg (female)
2-Kano
3-Jax
4-Smoke
5-Sektor

I'm concerned by the lack of Cyrax

I for one never got into Cyrax. Never really liked him.
Detox
About Me

You work with what you got...not what you hope for.

06/16/2014 12:28 AM (UTC)

Heavy-Rain Wrote:
At first I thought the terminator silhouette was for a cyborg but after while I changed my mind to Kano.

I'd say Kano would be a safe bet. Cassie may have to settle mommy's unfinished business. I'd say him killing her mother and wearing a lock of her mother's hair(deadly alliance style!) would be enough motivation.
MrMTO
06/16/2014 12:36 AM (UTC)
If they are going add another cyborg it should be a female with a unique moveset just to stand out from Sektor & Cyrax. Plus would add another female character not showboating skin for those that prefer that kind of thing.

Or maybe the have a non-human race get automated.
thisiscourage
06/16/2014 12:48 AM (UTC)
If there were to be a female cyborg, it would be frost no?
Aquarius_D
06/16/2014 03:33 AM (UTC)
thisiscourage Wrote:

Say what now? Oh please no wow

if she returns, please don't torture her like this NRS
thisiscourage
06/16/2014 08:56 AM (UTC)
Aquarius_D Wrote:
thisiscourage Wrote:

I wouldn't like it either.. but it would make the most sense right?They could replace cyber sub essentially and maintain only one cryomancer in the game.
Aquarius_D
06/16/2014 09:04 AM (UTC)
thisiscourage Wrote:
Aquarius_D Wrote:
thisiscourage Wrote:

I wouldn't like it either.. but it would make the most sense right?They could replace cyber sub essentially and maintain only one cryomancer in the game.

If they're going to make her Cyber-Frost, then I'd rather she not appear at all...I'll just go and play MKDA, MKU & MKA and cherish the good times grin
DVorah
06/16/2014 09:58 AM (UTC)
Hell No!

Sektor is enough, I wouldn't mind to see Kano back as insane machine type of guy, but not like Sektor.

I hope Sektor is the only cyber ninja left and is in charge of the Lin Kuei!

Cyrax can stay dead for all I care, and I don't want Jax back.

Frost and all other ice-based losers may burn, one ice-creature is enough this time, please Mr.Boon stop with this ice-fetish of yours.
gosoxtim
06/16/2014 10:20 PM (UTC)
ed boon said this on twitter Ayche oh tea double you eye are ee....

it reads hotwire who or what is hotwire hmm
Spider804
06/16/2014 10:21 PM (UTC)
Hotwire.com is a website you go to to search for hotels. In fact, their commercials end with spelling out the letters of "Hotwire" as Monsieur Edward Boon did just now.
Pages: 2
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.