Mortal Kombat X Possible New Spoilers!?!
posted06/30/2014 04:21 PM (UTC)by
James_Sunderland
About Me

Second fan of "The Lady in Green...err Turquoise, no Gold?"

From a friend of a friend, take this with a grain of salt, but keep your eyes and ears open for more info

Spoilers: (Highlight to reveal)
...All from a group who got to visit the studio in Chicago...
Liu Kang DOES have a character design for MKX. Not implemented in the game as of yet.

Kotal Kahn has no relation to Shao Kahn.

MKX demo will be coming out for fans like they did with MK9.

Tanya is believed to be in the game. An X-Ray that was tested resembled her MK4 Fatality of her twisting the neck with her thighs.

Planned to have 14 brand new characters, 8 returning from MK9 & then roughly 8 from MK4 on. Planning on a roster of 30.

The storyline does go 25 years forward but a large, nice portion is devoted to the MK4 storyline (right after MK9)

Kotal Kahn has something to do with Shinnok. This person didn't fully understand.

No Sheeva.

Gameplay is like MK9 but a little tighter & easier to use. D'Vorah was more difficult to play than the others.

Scorpion is used as the "tester" for all character moves.

There's a reptile-like man creature. They weren't sure if it was Reptile or Chameleon or a new character. Was on computer screen getting worked on.

what do you guys think!?! Real? Not real? At all surprised?

Let the speculation commence. grin
Jaded-Raven
06/17/2014 05:44 AM (UTC)
I never believe any of this until official confirmation, however, the
Tanya
part seemed really sweet!
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

06/17/2014 05:50 AM (UTC)
James_Sunderland Wrote:
take this with a grain of salt

Can you pass the pepper?
With all the information we've already gathered, this is all definitely possible. Actually I predict most of this.
Liu Kang, Tanya, and Reptile are all obvious for me. And 14 new characters is a stretch, but Boon did say it will have the most new fighters than any MK.
JaymzHetfield
06/17/2014 05:51 AM (UTC)
I'll take it with a grain of salt but there's nothing there that would be too surprising. The amount of new characters is a red flag, but Boon did say more than they've ever had at one time, so at least that checks out.
projectzero00
06/17/2014 05:53 AM (UTC)
Yeah, I'd agree no one here would believe any of this until official confirmation. Sounds legit tho. Even if I really don't want 14 new characters.
James_Sunderland
About Me

06/17/2014 05:57 AM (UTC)
Also:

Mileena is this person's favorite character. They saw nothing in the studio that gave them hope. They also didn't see anything for Kitana

It's still kind of early right!?! They could've missed something. I don't mind if
Mileena is gone
, but not
Kitana...NOT KITANA!!!
sad
mkmileena
About Me

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

06/17/2014 06:02 AM (UTC)
James_Sunderland Wrote:
Also:

Mileena is this person's favorite character. They saw nothing in the studio that gave them hope. They also didn't see anything for Kitana

It's still kind of early right!?! They could've missed something. I don't mind if
Mileena is gone
, but not
Kitana...NOT KITANA!!!
sad

no.. never
JohnBoyAdvance
06/17/2014 06:07 AM (UTC)
There is nothing here thats like OMG thats not gonna happen but grain of salt mode is on.

NO SHEEVA!?! Thats gotta be a mistake.
James_Sunderland
About Me

06/17/2014 06:12 AM (UTC)
JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:
There is nothing here thats like OMG thats not gonna happen but grain of salt mode is on.

Well I suppose that's true but still, its something right!?! Especially the
Kotal Kahn has no relation to Shao Kahn theory
that must amount to something amirite!?!

And your just as upset about
Sheeva
as I am!?!

I demand justice!!! sad
First of all.. where is this intel coming from? You say friend of a friend. But where is this intell?
ReptileFinally
06/17/2014 06:15 AM (UTC)
VERY interesting, this all sounds very possible.

Hopefully most of it is true, Reptile needs to be in this.
I hope Reptile is back too
NS922
About Me
06/17/2014 06:20 AM (UTC)
Very believable. I actually would be surprised if none of this was true, it's all very logical.
SmashK
06/17/2014 06:21 AM (UTC)
So a friend of a friend, who's part of a random group, gets to walk into the studio and openly see secret content that NRS would not reveal to the public during E3.

I'd take it with a grain of salt, but a grain of salt isn't big enough. Cool if it is true though.
_MKX_
About Me

06/17/2014 06:24 AM (UTC)
Personally I'm sceptical. I really doubt that they would get so much information from a tour. The spoilers are all pretty reasonable in terms of the information we've received so far, but there is some pretty specific information in there that I'm finding it hard to believe would be revealed like

..specific number of characters to return in each era.
Aquarius_D
06/17/2014 06:27 AM (UTC)
Interesting info, sounds a little believable.

Tanya seems quite likely

Viser
06/17/2014 06:31 AM (UTC)
hmm no mileena and kitana sounds weird to me

this does seem pretty logical from what tid bits we know of.
James_Sunderland
About Me

06/17/2014 06:31 AM (UTC)
SmashK Wrote:
So a friend of a friend, who's part of a random group, gets to walk into the studio and openly see secret content that NRS would not reveal to the public during E3.

I'd take it with a grain of salt, but a grain of salt isn't big enough. Cool if it is true though.

I know it sounded dumb the way I worded it (im not the best with trying to keep things secret, but not. and its from a source of a source which makes it 10x more skeptical for all of us) but its not like im saying, " OMG GUYZ IZ TRU WHU U NO BELIEVE MEH!?!"

im taking it very cautiously, just as you all are...

And on the bright side, it gives us something different to talk about besides the "Which Subzero is it?" "Clothes not revealing enough" threads I see so often pop up.

That's what a new MK is always about, speculation, and finding the most minute details in anything and everything we can get our Ferra/Torr hands on. grin
JohnBoyAdvance
06/17/2014 06:40 AM (UTC)
James_Sunderland Wrote:
JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:

Well I suppose that's true but still, its something right!?! Especially the
Kotal Kahn has no relation to Shao Kahn theory
that must amount to something amirite!?!

And your just as upset about
Sheeva
as I am!?!

I demand justice!!! sad

To quote Scorpion: "THERE IS NO JUSTICE!"

But then again the game is Cross Gen. I think the 360/PS3 games might throw a few major differences from the Xbone/PS4 ones.

The Kotal Kahn thing is like the Khan thing from Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance. Hsu Hao was called Khan which was jumped on by excitable people as "He is related to Shao Kahn".
DjangoDrag
06/17/2014 07:42 AM (UTC)
I'm gonna say nah.
ErmaSco
06/17/2014 07:52 AM (UTC)
Hummm I'd say his is true.
projectzero00
06/17/2014 08:15 AM (UTC)
JohnBoyAdvance Wrote:

I'd say that if someone wanted to post fake spoilers about MKX, saying that Sheeva is not in the game would be their first thought. We all know it, it's just not on paper yetwink And it's not like saying Raiden is not in. That would make people talk. With Sheeva it's like meh. I already knew that, tell me something new.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/17/2014 08:20 AM (UTC)
8 from MKDA-MKA seems...overly generous. Why would they have been privy to such specific spoilers anyway?
KenshiMaster16
06/17/2014 08:27 AM (UTC)
Well we know for a fact they've been letting people play the game recently in Chicago from pics on twitter so it's possible but.....

I'll believe it when I see it.

At least this isn't another "ILL TAKE PICZ I PROMISE!" thread.
projectzero00
06/17/2014 08:28 AM (UTC)
oracle Wrote:
8 from MKDA-MKA seems...overly generous. Why would they have been privy to such specific spoilers anyway?

Coz they are probably fake. Although 8 characters from MKDA-MKA isn't a lot if you ask me. I'd love to have:
Fujin,
Tanya,
Kai,
Bo Rai Cho,
Nitara,
Ashrah,
Havik,
Hotaru,
with their stories fleshed out. Hell I'd even throw Li Mei, Frost, Drahmin, Kira and Reiko in there. Their stories have potential, it's their movesets that need to be updated.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.