Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (21.3%)
Jade (42.6%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.2%)
Freddy Krueger (9.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]
  • December 7th, 2017
    Atom Battles Black Manta in Gameplay Trailer [Read On]
  • November 28th, 2017
    Captain Marvel Almost Returned in Injustice Fighter Pack 0 [Read On]
  • November 23rd, 2017
    Mortal Kombat X Mobile - Punk Cassie Challenge [Read On]
  • November 18th, 2017
    Mortal Kombat Funko Store Signing - Sunday [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Media & Merchandise

Discussing Mortal Kombat in Movies, Television, New Media and Merchandising.
Page of 2

Mick-LuciferPosted: 06/18/2014 08:54 AMStatus ::
Casper Van Dien Begins Training for Mortal Kombat Legacy 3

The announcement of Mortal Kombat X has already begun the promotion machine rolling -- kicking things off with a launch trailer soundtrack by tie-in artist Wiz Khalifa. The return of the smash hit games will once again bring live-action kombat to life with Mortal Kombat: Legacy gearing up for a third series!

We've heard rumblings of a possible return. After director Kevin Tancharoen announced his departure in October 2013, he re-emerged in a late March 2014 article by Inquistr reporting his renewed interest. The article's unfortunate proximity to April 1st left many uncertain of its legitimacy.

Mortal Kombat: Legacy II ramped up the live-action web series production with name casting injections of Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa, Mark Dacascos & Casper Van Dien. It's the later who is the surprise source of our first decisive confirmation of Legacy III. The Johnny Cage actor tweeting out a photo to mark the beginning of his altitude training.

Mortal Kombat Online will be following progress on the project as information comes to light. You can watch the previous two series, and catch up on all the news as it happened, via our complete kompendiums for Season 1 & Season 2.

Register to find and comment on more Legacy articles in the Media & Merchandise forum! Special thanks to MKOmmunity User RedScorpio for alerting us. Found news? Send in a tip via the newslead submission form!

SwingBattaPosted: 06/18/2014 09:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::1720
Nationality::United States
RE: Casper Van Dien Begins Training for Legacy 3

Wiz Khalifa?

Guess I'm not watching the trailer then. Ugh.

Skaven13Posted: 06/18/2014 10:01 AMStatus ::

Visits::2233

Please no more....

skavesig
DVorahPosted: 06/18/2014 10:13 AMStatus ::

Visits::628
Nationality::Netherlands

What a hotty!

ShadalooPosted: 06/18/2014 10:28 AMStatus ::

Visits::7067
Nationality::Canada

Is Season 2 even getting a home release like 1 did?

MK Khronology: 58.49% complete...
GrimmPosted: 06/18/2014 10:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::12940

Who cares? Legacy is terrible. It needs a serious overhaul and a new direction to go in. I know that WB is trying to see if MK can generate enough interest for a movie but this show is hurting the chances of a movie being made.

Drop this project now and make a movie instead. The video game sales should be enough to show them that people would go see a MK movie.

DjangoDragPosted: 06/18/2014 10:48 AMStatus ::

Visits::1580

More MK is never bad. Happy to hear this news!

Vash_15Posted: 06/18/2014 11:50 AMStatus ::

Visits::11780

Yeah... no thanks.

lastfighter89Posted: 06/18/2014 12:06 PMStatus ::

Visits::5316
Nationality::Italy

Stop the negativity about MK Legacy. It had great fight scenes, decent acting, acceptable special effects and was released for free.

It 's very ungrateful complaining about something that was given to you without any money spill

RedSumacPosted: 06/18/2014 02:10 PMStatus ::

Visits::2302
Nationality::Russia

lastfighter89 Wrote:
Stop the negativity about MK Legacy. It had great fight scenes, decent acting, acceptable special effects and was released for free. It 's very ungrateful complaining about something that was given to you without any money spill

So, if company gives us shit on a silver plate, we should be grateful and praise them, theoretically speaking?

MKL had potential. MKL2 was worse almost in every aspect. It didn't had great acting and great fighting scenes, which is for the series about fighting is a bad thing. I hope MKL3 will be more coherent, with less plotholes, less "in the previous episode", less forced drama and more decent fighting.

I think, there is possibility, that some of the new characters from MKX can be introduced in the MKL3 as a away to garner awareness about them from audience.

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 06/18/2014 02:15 PMStatus ::

Visits::19710

I'm going to be optimistic about this and say it couldn't be any worse than Season 2.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
johnny1upPosted: 06/18/2014 02:30 PMStatus ::

Visits::3633

I think the proper name is Mortal Kombat Legacy Series 2: part 2 since part 1 of series 2 didn't finish anything.

hey
StrykerKombatPosted: 06/18/2014 02:36 PMStatus ::

Visits::22

Eric Jacobus needs a bigger part and let him show off his martial arts, and explain his story!! god it pissed me off that they didn't bother to give him an explanation/story showing how he got there and a bit of backstory, then used him as a punching bag for Liu Kang, Kevin Tancharoen needs to fix that or stay the hell away from MK!!!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
FourArmsNoMercyPosted: 06/18/2014 03:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::16
Nationality::Brazil

Agree with RedSumac. MKL was interesting. Cyrax and Sektor turning into robots, good fights and story. Even considering this, I have to admit that I'd prefer a more original story. MK has a lot of details to be explained, there's no need to create new aspects. For example, I didn't like when they made a baby Mileena...Mileena is a clone of an adult Kitana in the original story. Nevertheless, MKL was worthy but I can't say the same for MKL2. Most part of the actors were good, but the story was very faint, characters were totally changed...
A similar thing happened with the first MK movie and MK Annihilation. The only difference was that the first MK was almost perfect (Sonya's fighting skills could have been better performed). Well, I think it's time for a new MK movie with a new director...no more MKL...

Sub-Zero_7thPosted: 06/18/2014 03:38 PMStatus ::

Visits::19142

I have to say that I'm surprised that we're getting a third season for MK: Legacy. While I did like a number of things about the second season, it was a pretty big disappointment for me overall. Instead of making more and better use of characters like Shang Tsung and Stryker, there was too much emphasis on Liu Kang's story. Kevin Tancharoen had a pretty good cast to work with, but good writing and good directing go quite far. After watching Street Fighter: Assassin's Fist, it does put MK: Legacy to shame. With this third season, I want to see a better usage of the characters and a REAL ending unlike season 2's cliffhanger.

JaymzHetfieldPosted: 06/18/2014 03:57 PMStatus ::

Visits::2461

I hope Legacy 3 fits more into the tone of season 1. There were cool parts in 2, but it felt painfully direct-to-video. Vignettes work a lot better for this series than trying to create the illusion of a tournament with no budget.

lastfighter89Posted: 06/18/2014 04:05 PMStatus ::

RedSumac Wrote:
lastfighter89 Wrote:
Stop the negativity about MK Legacy. It had great fight scenes, decent acting, acceptable special effects and was released for free. It 's very ungrateful complaining about something that was given to you without any money spill

So, if company gives us shit on a silver plate, we should be grateful and praise them, theoretically speaking?

MKL had potential. MKL2 was worse almost in every aspect. It didn't had great acting and great fighting scenes, which is for the series about fighting is a bad thing. I hope MKL3 will be more coherent, with less plotholes, less "in the previous episode", less forced drama and more decent fighting.

I think, there is possibility, that some of the new characters from MKX can be introduced in the MKL3 as a away to garner awareness about them from audience.

Mk: Annihilation was shit. And you had to pay to watch it in theathres or on DVD.
Mk Legacy 2 wasn' t shit, It is just the average Mk fanboy that complains about everything.

Again the acting in season 2 has improved and the fight scene were absolutely good for a no - budget product.
The professional review were all positive giving it a 6 or even higher scores (Ign for istance).

lcmasonPosted: 06/18/2014 04:17 PMStatus ::

Visits::2456

Derp.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 06/18/2014 05:02 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

The first season of MK Legacy was great, imo.
The second season fell short.

Let's hope the third season will be as good as the first. ^^

SiangPosted: 06/18/2014 05:14 PMStatus ::

Visits::3125
Nationality::Australia

I'm interested to see how it goes..

First series was amazing
Second series had so much potential but just fell short at crucial moments.

But a lot of the b*tchin on here about the series is unfounded. Too much negativity on MK9 and MKX too. It's not 1992 anymore people, you can expect quality (we will be delivered quality), but don't crack it just coz it's not like some homemade dodgy youtube clip you saw that you feel looks cool :P
#InBoonWeTrust

gorostilllivesPosted: 06/18/2014 05:27 PMStatus ::

Visits::4925

I spoke with James Lew, who was the photo cameo for Shang Tsung in Rebirth. He said Legacy pretty much was just a ploy to promote the video game and Warner Bros. likely never had any intent to make a movie.

Let's hope that changes.

Spider804Posted: 06/18/2014 11:25 PMStatus ::

Visits::6938

I'll only watch if Tancharoen is nowhere near it.

fedegitaPosted: 06/19/2014 04:22 AMStatus ::

Visits::4676
Nationality::Australia

lastfighter89 Wrote:

It 's very ungrateful complaining about something that was given to you without any money spill

Ungrateful, hahaha.

MK Legacy is terrible.

Jaded-RavenPosted: 06/19/2014 02:43 PMStatus ::

Visits::12259
Nationality::Denmark

So much hate in here. And why? Because you didn't like the 2nd season?

After the 1st season, so many people really loved MK Legacy. People seemed to understand that it was simply Kevin Tancharoen's own interpretation of the MK story.

I agree that the 2nd season fell really short though. But I'm not going to go all out offensive about it.

lastfighter89Posted: 06/19/2014 03:33 PMStatus ::

Jaded-Raven Wrote:
So much hate in here. And why? Because you didn't like the 2nd season?

After the 1st season, so many people really loved MK Legacy. People seemed to understand that it was simply Kevin Tancharoen's own interpretation of the MK story.

I agree that the 2nd season fell really short though. But I'm not going to go all out offensive about it.

As every intelligent and polite person would do.

There's a huge difference between "I didn't like it" and "It's shit oww god it sucked hard".

Season 2 had plot holes like Kenshi living more than a thousand years, but the show was Good for the rest.

First season was even better.

Page of 2

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.