New MKX gameplay video from PC Games
posted06/19/2014 07:47 PM (UTC)by
RedSumac
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfjsjphU7y8

Scorpion and Sub-Zero banter is amusing.
Jaded-Raven
06/18/2014 06:31 PM (UTC)
I don't understand German, are they saying something new?
DjangoDrag
06/18/2014 06:33 PM (UTC)
Yup. Pretty much confirms that dat ain't Kuai Liang. Good find!

Auf Wiedersehen!!!
Jaded-Raven
06/18/2014 06:37 PM (UTC)
DjangoDrag Wrote:

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

How?
Charybdis
About Me

"Pray for the Kahn's Mercy"

06/18/2014 06:39 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
DjangoDrag Wrote:

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

How?

"Shirai Ryu dog" and "death is more than you deserve" doesn't exactly fit into KL's good guy image. I think this SZ may be a whole new SZ
DjangoDrag
06/18/2014 06:41 PM (UTC)
Charybdis Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
DjangoDrag Wrote:

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

How?

"Shirai Ryu dog" and "death is more than you deserve" doesn't exactly fit into KL's good guy image. I think this SZ may be a whole new SZ

Yup. That just isn't Kuai's character. Although I didn't need anymore proof. Ed already has made it pretty clear that the Lin Kuei will appoint a new Sub-Zero(s).
Jaded-Raven
06/18/2014 06:42 PM (UTC)
Charybdis Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
DjangoDrag Wrote:

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

How?

Maybe something happened between Kuai Liang Subbie and Scorpion which has Kuai Liang really hate Scorpion.

Since we don't know anything about the story yet, it is rather presumptious to claim which Subbie it is.
RazorsEdge701
Shit, that's Steve Blum doing the voice, isn't it.
Charybdis
About Me

DjangoDrag Wrote:
Charybdis Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
DjangoDrag Wrote:

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

How?

Yup. That just isn't Kuai's character. Although I didn't need anymore proof. Ed already has made it pretty clear that the Lin Kuei will appoint a new Sub-Zero(s).

Although KL could be more of an asshole if he's been resurrected or is alt timeline? More likely that this is a new Sub though. Expect the Subby fans to go through the five stages of grief in this thread
KungLaodoesntsuck
06/18/2014 06:43 PM (UTC)
Steve Blum confirmed.

What's weird is when Sub gets hit it doesn't sound like Steve. But Sub just talking is definitely Steve. Also, some sexy combos in that video. Thanks for posting OP.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

06/18/2014 06:44 PM (UTC)
Trust me, this is a whole new SZ. Everything points to it

Also, nice combos. Lets hope they are performable in Online mode
Charybdis
About Me

06/18/2014 06:45 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Charybdis Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
DjangoDrag Wrote:

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

How?

Maybe something happened between Kuai Liang Subbie and Scorpion which has Kuai Liang really hate Scorpion.

Since we don't know anything about the story yet, it is rather presumptious to claim which Subbie it is.

And when taken in conjunction with Boon stating "Sub Zero is a title, not a single guy, so there's been a lot of Sub Zero's. The Lin Kuei has a sea of them"?

It could still be KL but its likely it isnt
Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

06/18/2014 06:45 PM (UTC)
God dang Scorpian looks completely badass in this vid. Cheers for posting.
RazorsEdge701
06/18/2014 06:48 PM (UTC)
Why would a new Sub-Zero know what the Shirai Ryu is?

The Sub-Zeros are a family, their dad only had two boys.

So if he's a new one, like somebody's son from the future, then he wouldn't have been around before Scorpion's clan ceased to exist.

He's gotta be Bi-Han, Kuai (who this line is out of character for), or someone from the past like their fucking father.
The other, more likely possibility, of course, is that the writers are being retarded again.
Jaded-Raven
06/18/2014 06:49 PM (UTC)
Charybdis Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Charybdis Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
DjangoDrag Wrote:

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

How?

And when taken in conjunction with Boon stating "Sub Zero is a title, not a single guy, so there's been a lot of Sub Zero's. The Lin Kuei has a sea of them"?

It could still be KL but its likely it isnt

Yeah, just saying that nothing is certain until official confirmation.
DjangoDrag
06/18/2014 06:50 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Charybdis Wrote:
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
DjangoDrag Wrote:

Auf Wiedersehen!!!

How?

It's really not that presumptuous. Even if Kuai is more pissed than ever, he's not a brainwashed Lin Kuei goon. He has never been a "drink the Kool-Aid" member of the clan. So spouting indoctrinated hate is extremely indicative that this is NOT Kuai.

Also, that's totally fine with me. I love the idea of a new Sub!

And Steve Blum is rad!
RazorsEdge701
06/18/2014 06:51 PM (UTC)
DjangoDrag Wrote:
Steve Blum is rad!

Eh...at least he doesn't sound like Spike Spiegal or Wolverine. A rare treat indeed.
KungLaodoesntsuck
06/18/2014 06:52 PM (UTC)
The new voice for Sub could also point to a different Sub. But it could also be NRS is getting more well known VAs too.
Charybdis
About Me

06/18/2014 06:53 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

So if he's a new one, like somebody's son from the future, then he wouldn't have been around before Scorpion's clan ceased to exist.

He's gotta be Bi-Han, Kuai, or someone from the past like their fucking father
The other, more likely possibility, of course, is that the writers are being retarded again.

Why would a Lin Kuei recognize a member of their mortal enemies? Gee, got me.

Just listen Boon talking about the identity of this Sub Zero in the Gamespot interview. The idea that the cryomancer blood is only in one family looks like its been cast aside.

Also, while I am not gonna take you on when it comes to MK canon, considering I'm pretty sure you have a PhD in it, surely if the writers have decided to cast aside the old Sub Zero family for a more widespread thing, you should at least wait until you know the story before you christen them 'retarded'? Although I would LOVE Daddy Zero in.
Demon_0
About Me

Avatar is part of fanart created by Esau13

06/18/2014 06:53 PM (UTC)
As for what they are saying, I understand German, they are pretty negative about the game, basically saying its fighting system is not meant for high level play as it is too fast and similar to MK9 and Injustice, leaving little space for tactics and such. Also, they mention that the fatalities are disappointing.
ReptzMK
06/18/2014 06:57 PM (UTC)
Charybdis Wrote:
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:

He's gotta be Bi-Han, Kuai, or someone from the past like their fucking father

Just listen Boon talking about the identity of this Sub Zero in the Gamespot interview. The idea that the cryomancer blood is only in one family looks like its been cast aside.

Also, while I am not gonna take you on when it comes to MK canon, considering I'm pretty sure you have a PhD in it, surely if the writers have decided to cast aside the old Sub Zero family for a more widespread thing, you should at least wait until you know the story before you christen them 'retarded'?

This x10.
RedSumac
06/18/2014 06:59 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
I don't understand German, are they saying something new?

I don't know German, but from the look of it, I thnik they talk about new game mechanics and how some of them were ispired by Injustice.

Charybdis Wrote:

For me it sounded more like "Shiray Ryu punk", rather then "dog", but maybe I am mistaking here.

SlickRick82 Wrote:
God dang Scorpian looks completely badass in this vid. Cheers for posting.

Thanks.
Yeah, Scorpion still've got awesome combinations.

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
Steve Blum confirmed.

What's weird is when Sub gets hit it doesn't sound like Steve. But Sub just talking is definitely Steve. Also, some sexy combos in that video. Thanks for posting OP.

My pleasure. smile
RazorsEdge701
06/18/2014 07:00 PM (UTC)
Charybdis Wrote:

But they don't exist anymore.

Any new member would not have a reason to hate them because they're long dead and stopped being a threat before he ever became "Sub-Zero".
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/18/2014 07:02 PM (UTC)
Charybdis Wrote:
Because they don't exist? Scorpion is the only one. The Shirai Ryu as an organization don't exist anymore.
DVorah
06/18/2014 07:04 PM (UTC)
Is this Sub-Zero evil again?

YESSSSS! I like him more already!

But then again, Kitana is pretty and kind and loves butterflies and flowers, but also cuts your head off in a finishing move, so is that really proof that Sub-Zero is evil?
Pages: 4
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.