Tumblr Update: Cassie Cage Alternate hair, Fire Kiss and Nut Punch.
posted07/02/2014 04:28 PM (UTC)by
queve
It's quite a small GIF, but, very cool regardless. We get to see new bits of Cassie Cage in action.

1) Nut Punch looks so badass.
2) Cartwheel is cool.
3) Alternate hair from the original first render confirmed.
4) That FIRE KISS of Death is awesome!

NRS Tumblr

Gameplay GIF link

I really like what they are doing with Cassie, and actually, part of me might be starting to resent her for taking what could have easily been Sonya's (from her the futuristic awesome costume to that FIRE KISS that I have asked for since forever). The Kiss looks cool, but, I might be sad that it might mean that it's not Sonya's (unless she keeps the other style).
Jaded-Raven
06/30/2014 04:22 PM (UTC)
Cool, but... is this her final hairstyle then, or is it the other hairstyle with the topknot, or does it have something to do with her Variations or what?! NRS, talk to us!!!

It looks cool though - but it does seem like she will replace both Sonya and Johnny in MKX, considering she now has their signature moves.
queve
06/30/2014 04:28 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
Cool, but... is this her final hairstyle then, or is it the other hairstyle with the topknot, or does it have something to do with her Variations or what?! NRS, talk to us!!!

It looks cool though - but it does seem like she will replace both Sonya and Johnny in MKX, considering she now has their signature moves.

I think it's just an alternate variation of her hair that we will be able to choose freely, whenever. Hopefully that also applies to the sunglasses as she looks great with them (and not just in Hollywood style).

So far there are no signs of the main trademark iconic moves such as the Leg Grab, Bicycle Kicks, Shadow Uppercut, Shadow Kicks and Energy rings. I still think there's a chance for Sonya, specially since they went out of their way to give her a new unique Kiss (clearly a reference to Sonya's original Kiss of Death).

Sonya can still have her poisonous Kiss Mist if she is in, plus her other trademarks and her variation of the Cartwheel. As for Johnny, well, I still think he has pretty good chances, but, that Nut Punch is making me nervous for him. Ed Boon has hinted for both, so, crossing fingers here.

PS: Love to see you are still around, buddy.
Tazer_Gunshot
06/30/2014 04:31 PM (UTC)
Thank goodness Sonya won't be in MKX as a playable character. However, I wish Johnny was in.
martin_m95
06/30/2014 04:32 PM (UTC)
Are you sure this is a fire kiss. It looks like shes using a fire spray
queve
06/30/2014 04:35 PM (UTC)
martin_m95 Wrote:
Are you sure this is a fire kiss. It looks like shes using a fire spray

You know, after you said that I had to re watch and enlarge the image to be sure. She's definitely making the "Kiss" pose and hand gestures, just, much quicker and less "elegant" than when Sonya does it.

That being said, it just wouldn't make sense for it to be a spray if she is Sonya's daughter.
Jaded-Raven
06/30/2014 04:36 PM (UTC)
She also seems to throw something on the ground after the fire kiss...
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/30/2014 04:37 PM (UTC)
I wonder if this comes from an older build of the game, hence the hair. Also her model still looks awkward but that kiss is freaking cool.
martin_m95
06/30/2014 04:48 PM (UTC)
Considering Cassie is kinda gadget user like Stryker, I strongly believe shes using a flame spray (she does drop it on the ground before the nutt punch).
queve
06/30/2014 05:06 PM (UTC)
martin_m95 Wrote:
Considering Cassie is kinda gadget user like Stryker, I strongly believe shes using a flame spray (she does drop it on the ground before the nutt punch).

Oh wow, she does drop something! I think you might be right. Good eyes! That being said:

The Fire Kiss is cool, but, that flame gadget thing is totally unnecessary and silly for her. She's the daughter of someone who has been creating inner fireballs, energy kisses, poisonous mist, energy rings, and who defies the rules of gravity, etc. She didn't need a gadget weapon to create a fire kiss, imo, specially after seeing the powers she got from her dad as well.
martin_m95
06/30/2014 05:16 PM (UTC)
queve Wrote:
martin_m95 Wrote:

Oh wow, she does drop something! I think you might be right. Good eyes! That being said:

The Fire Kiss is cool, but, that flame gadget thing is totally unnecessary and silly for her. She's the daughter of someone who has been creating inner fireballs, energy kisses, poisonous mist, energy rings, and who defies the rules of gravity, etc. She didn't need a gadget weapon to create a fire kiss, imo, specially after seeing the powers she got from her dad as well.

I understand.

But in my opinion, Sonyas fire kiss made zero sense, just like her beams out of her arms and her leg split. For Kitana and Tanya it's ok to have kisses of death, because they're Edenians, but Sonya is a human. I'm actually kinda glad if Cassie is using a gadget, because it makes her more realistic and interesting. But thats just me.
ErmaSco
06/30/2014 05:27 PM (UTC)
Seriously ? This is how they are promoting the game these days ? GIF pics ?

Kitsune
06/30/2014 05:39 PM (UTC)
ErmaSco Wrote:

GIF = 256 colors = true power of next-gen. grin
projectzero00
06/30/2014 05:48 PM (UTC)
Her proportions are still weird is all I can say for sure. I think her special moves make it kinda obvious that Sonya and Johnny arent gonna be in the game.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/30/2014 05:50 PM (UTC)
queve Wrote:
Oh wow, she does drop something! I think you might be right. Good eyes!
What kind of sneak attack. It's a little disappointing tbh but I guess she can't have ALL of her parents powers. She'd be too stacked.

queve Wrote:
They made her specials a bit more "normal" in MK9 with the arc kick and cartwheels and such and in MKA she seemed to adjust the strength of her projectile with technology so maybe they're moving more in that direction.
WeaponTheory
About Me

"BEER ME!" - Noob Saibot

06/30/2014 06:14 PM (UTC)
HAHAHAHA SHE HAS IT!!!! HAHAHAHA!

It looks like it needs to be tweaked to be faster. Otherwise, there's no way I'm using it as a stand alone attack like I did with Johnny to be a jackass against my friends. "HEY YO!!!!!"

Wait...will she say it?! PLEASE MAKE HER SAY "HEY YO!!!!"

Wait, someone made a good point. This is probably her X-Ray and not move attacks. If so, then I have no problem.
Toxik
About Me
06/30/2014 06:23 PM (UTC)
ErmaSco Wrote:

This.
Skaven13
06/30/2014 06:30 PM (UTC)
Toxik Wrote:
ErmaSco Wrote:

This.

Oh just wait. If the marketing for this game follows some of the patterns that MK2011 did, you are going to see some very wacky nonsensical stuff.
martin_m95
06/30/2014 06:30 PM (UTC)
Toxik Wrote:
ErmaSco Wrote:

This.

Icebaby
06/30/2014 06:32 PM (UTC)
After seeing this, I wish I could do the splits.sad
... And some dude told me that she was more like Stryker than Johnny and Sonya. Yeah, no.
mkmileena
About Me

Ethereal, ravenous, piercing. It's Mileena bitch.

Lovely signature by MINION

06/30/2014 07:25 PM (UTC)
I hope this is indication for no sonya or johnny! I can only take so much nut punching
Sonya since 92
About Me

Bladdy lovely Sig by Minion. PSN -rlg24 LIVE -WestcountryBlud

06/30/2014 07:44 PM (UTC)
1. Thanks for posting this Queve
2. Bah! It makes it seem less likely our blonde bombshell won't make it in. sad
Tekunin_General
About Me

Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
06/30/2014 07:48 PM (UTC)
Pretty sure that entire thing is an X-Ray startup. I see the armor flash. Looks very fluent in animation.
oracle
About Me

-sig by MINION

06/30/2014 07:58 PM (UTC)
Casselman Wrote:
Pretty sure that entire thing is an X-Ray startup. I see the armor flash. Looks very fluent in animation.
That would explain why the nut punch is so damn slow. So yeah this comes from an old build more than likely.
Pages: 3
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.