Revised Outfits - *Check out the individual submissions*
posted07/23/2014 05:35 AM (UTC)by
Jaded-Raven
Seems like my art was submitted despite their size, so this thread is closed. Please check out the individual submissions here:

Jade:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=152185

Kitana:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=152186

Mileena:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=152188

Reiko:
http://www.mortalkombatonline.com/content/forum/showmessage.cds?id=152191

Or click my sig below to go to my deviant-art gallery. ^^
balkcsiaboot
07/20/2014 06:12 PM (UTC)
I actually like it very, very much.

I'm just not diggin' the fuckin underwear straps or the huge titties.
Jaded-Raven
07/20/2014 09:29 PM (UTC)
blacksaibot Wrote:
I actually like it very, very much.

I'm just not diggin' the fuckin underwear straps or the huge titties.

Well, the boobs are that size because that's what they are in the render that I made the lineart from.

As for the underwear straps, it was actually supposed to mimic the golden chains that holds on to the loincloth in her MK9 alt. The straps hold onto the cat-demon head. I guess I should've done something to make that more apparent. :P

Thanks for your feedback, bs. ^^
RazorsEdge701
07/20/2014 10:38 PM (UTC)
Not sure about the two different colors of eyeshadow on Kitana, especially the bright pink. Also, if you were taking inspiration from her Deadly Alliance outfit, I'd have kept the see-thru mesh over the shoulders personally.

But I like pretty much everything about the Jade design. I've also always thought she looked best with the Deception Alt pigtails, and the Shaolin Monks belt is a cool look.
Jaded-Raven
07/20/2014 10:42 PM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Not sure about the two different colors of eyeshadow on Kitana, especially the bright pink. Also, if you were taking inspiration from her Deadly Alliance outfit, I'd have kept the see-thru mesh over the shoulders personally.

But I like pretty much everything about the Jade design. I've also always thought she looked best with the Deception Alt pigtails, and the Shaolin Monks belt is a cool look.

Thanks. ^^

I actually thought about doing the pink mesh on Kitana, both at her top and her legs, but then she would look too covered, imo.
Chrome
About Me

07/20/2014 11:17 PM (UTC)
Nice, MKD callback on Kitana.
Jaded-Raven
07/20/2014 11:25 PM (UTC)
Chrome Wrote:
Nice, MKD callback on Kitana.

Thanks. ^^

Edit: I gave Kitana a less square jaw and added the pink mesh to her outfit. It doesn't look as bad as I had thought.
RazorsEdge701
07/21/2014 12:40 AM (UTC)
Ehh...I still think pink is a weird choice.
Jaded-Raven
07/21/2014 12:41 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
Ehh...I still think pink is a weird choice.

It was pink in MKDA though.

Edit: I'm colour-blind, and I was so sure it was pink... I just double-checked and yeah, I can see the colour isn't exactly pink. :/

Edit 2: Alright, I made the mesh darker to match the colour in MKDA, but kept it a bit dark pink'ish, because I like it that way. :P
RazorsEdge701
07/21/2014 01:15 AM (UTC)
As far as the MKDA outfit goes, it's a normal black fishnet-type material over top of her skin so the color should be skin color but darker.
Jaded-Raven
07/21/2014 01:18 AM (UTC)
RazorsEdge701 Wrote:
As far as the MKDA outfit goes, it's a normal black fishnet-type material over top of her skin so the color should be skin color but darker.

Yeah, that's kinda what threw me off. My colour-blindness really fucks me up some times. XD

But I like the current colour of the mesh, so I'm gonna keep that. ^^

Oh, and Mileena will be my next character.
fijikungfu
About Me

-Courtesy of TheCypher-

07/21/2014 06:55 PM (UTC)
Kitana has a cool design, but something about her make-up throws me off. I think it's either the second eye-shadow color or the bright lipstick.

Jade is perfect all the way though, let her rock those pigtails! I agree that her MKD Alt hair should be brought back.
Jaded-Raven
07/22/2014 12:24 AM (UTC)
fijikungfu Wrote:
Kitana has a cool design, but something about her make-up throws me off. I think it's either the second eye-shadow color or the bright lipstick.

Jade is perfect all the way though, let her rock those pigtails! I agree that her MKD Alt hair should be brought back.

Thanks for the feedback! ^^

I have added Mileena to the fray. Hope you guys like it. :D
martin_m95
07/22/2014 05:06 PM (UTC)
Kitanas costume is very nice.
But I really want her to stay with long hair. I have no respect for women with ball-looking haircuts (don't know how theyre called).
I would like her to have her long hair on a ponytail similar to Mai Shiranui.
And she doesn't need too much make-up
Jaded-Raven
07/22/2014 05:09 PM (UTC)
martin_m95 Wrote:
But I really want her to stay with long hair. I have no respect for women with ball-looking haircuts (don't know how theyre called).

It's called a hairbun. :P
Kitana's MKDA look, both costume and hairstyle, is my all-time favourite for her, hence why I chose to give her that hair. ^^
A simple ponytail or just free-flowing hair doesn't fit Kitana, imo. The ponytail is kinda Mileena's thing.

But thanks for the feedback. ^^
martin_m95
07/22/2014 05:30 PM (UTC)
Jaded-Raven Wrote:
martin_m95 Wrote:

It's called a hairbun. :P
Kitana's MKDA look, both costume and hairstyle, is my all-time favourite for her, hence why I chose to give her that hair. ^^
A simple ponytail or just free-flowing hair doesn't fit Kitana, imo. The ponytail is kinda Mileena's thing.

IMO Kitana's MK9 primary costume is her best so far. It really suited her best, too bad they fucked up the hair animation.
DVorah
07/22/2014 05:38 PM (UTC)
Well here I am.

Still love the pictures Jaded, didn't knew you drew them yourself lol.

But the pink of kitana would be better off light blue (me thinks) but i'm not a fan of blue/pink combination :-p
Jaded-Raven
07/22/2014 05:51 PM (UTC)
DVorah Wrote:
Well here I am.

Still love the pictures Jaded, didn't knew you drew them yourself lol.

But the pink of kitana would be better off light blue (me thinks) but i'm not a fan of blue/pink combination :-p

I kinda like it. One of the reasons Kitana's MKDA main is my favourite look for her is because she broke the whole colour-coded character design, being less blue than usual and more purple/indigo.

Jaded-Raven
07/23/2014 05:35 AM (UTC)
I have added Reiko. ^^
Pages: 1
Download on the App StoreGet it on Google Play
© 1998-2024 Shadow Knight Media, LLC. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.