Site Network Movies Fan Submission Community Media Games News
There are 0 users online.
Username: Password: Save:
MK Online    Kommunity    Show Message
Join MK Online Free or become a Flawless Member for special benefits.
Top MKX Discussions
- Supreme Mortal Kombat Champion Tournament 2017!
- Injustice 2 Fighter Pack 1 Trailer Reveals Sub-Zero & More
- MKX Mobile - Baraka Challenge
- Speculation: Future of Non-Playable Characters In Doubt?
- Mortal Kombat X Mobile Announces Anniversary Update
- Kountdown: Top 10 Supremely Missed in Mortal Kombat X
- Mortal Kombat XL Announce Trailer
- MKX DLC: Unpacking Kombat Pack 2 Characters
- Mortal Kombat X Kombat Pack 2 Trailer - 4 DLC Fighters
- WSJ Reports Mortal Kombat X Sales Exceed Five Million
- Guide: Komplete Mortal Kombat X Brutality List

Register to join the discussion. Share stories via @MK_Online & Facebook.

MK Online User Poll

Best Mobile Challenger?
Baraka (23.5%)
Jade (41.1%)
Lin Kuei Cybers (26.4%)
Freddy Krueger (8.8%)

Forum Listings

MK Online Site Updates
  • January 5th, 2018
    Enchantress Takes Control in Injustice 2 Trailer [Read On]
  • January 4th, 2018
    Great Big Story Spotlight Voice of Shao Kahn: Steve Ritchie [Read On]
  • December 22nd, 2017
    When The Disaster Artist Met Mortal Kombat [Read On]
  • December 20th, 2017
    MKX Mobile 2017 Holiday Bonuses & Updates [Read On]
  • December 15th, 2017
    Injustice 2 Limited Console Free Trial [Read On]

Site Themes
You must be logged in to
select themes.

MKO on Twitter

Mortal Kombat X

Discussing Mortal Kombat X and all things Kontemporary to it.
Page of 19

Mick-LuciferPosted: 08/03/2014 11:31 AMStatus ::
German GamePro Features Mortal Kombat X Cover Story

They took victory in the World Cup - now Germany is gearing up to play host to the global phenomenon of Mortal Kombat X in August!

The September issue of GamePro Magazine (German Edition) features Scorpion on the cover with The Last of Us Remastered and Destiny inset [pictured right].

The issue holds special significance as a precursor to August 14-17 -- when NetherRealm Studios will be in the beautiful city of Cologne for Gamescom 2014!

The annual trade fair has become a favourite destination for the NetherRealm team, who've used it as a place to unveil new characters in their fighting game series. Raiden was revealed during July's Evo Championship. A new reveal is currently rumoured for Gamescom [full story].

If the cover is anything to go by, it looks like the Germans are going to love Mortal Kombat X! [Who'd have thought?]. GamePro touts a cover quote that (roughly translated) promises the scandalous fighter will set standards in more than just brutality! An important factor to consider in the notoriously strict German gaming market, where censorship laws always threaten a ban.

MKOmmunity User MKKosh claims the issue also reveals a new playable character. Mortal Kombat Online hopes to verify that claim before reporting. You can help by purchasing the new issue online, or on newsstands where available.

Kano appears in GamePro 7 page cover story on sale now.

Update: With thanks to MKOmmunity User immortalkombat; we can now confirm Kano is featured in gameplay screenshots [not pictured]! This is great incentive to check out the issue digitally! Register to share all your thoughts on the Mortal Kombat X forum!

MKKoshPosted: 08/03/2014 09:07 AMStatus ::

Visits::19
Kano is next !

Hi Guys. I live in Germany. I'm Not sure if Kano is really the next MKX reveal at our Games Com here in Germany, but yesterday i become my new gamepro magazine and mk x is the coverstory. And in this preview of mk x there are 2 pictures of the New Kano. He throws a knife at raiden and crush his knee in kotal khan's Face. Also it is confirmed that one of his fighting Styles is Wrestling! One new stage was named as a jungle with a possible Stage fatality.

Dragon Points:
subzertPosted: 08/03/2014 09:33 AMStatus ::

Visits::2022
RE: Kano is next !

If it's true then it confirms two things:

1. Kano is in.

2. TAG TEAM MODE RETURNS TOO.

I'm more excited for tag team mode.

GotchaPosted: 08/03/2014 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::1403
Nationality::United States

You already know someone is going to ask for pics

Kano is a safe bet, but I hope he's not the Gamescom reveal. (Hoping for a mk4 fighter .)

One of his styles is wrestling? Seems more like a Jax/Kobra thing.

My DeviantART!
Thx to unleash_your_tounge for the sig.
xysionPosted: 08/03/2014 09:44 AMStatus ::

Visits::260
Nationality::Italy

I would rather wait for official confirmation at GamesCom. These kind of leaks have the propensity to make people excited over potentially nothing.

Lazio? La prima squadra della Capitale.
Napalm1980Posted: 08/03/2014 10:06 AMStatus ::

Visits::1544
Nationality::Germany

i also live in Germany near cologne (where gamescom is). and tomorrow i go to my City and watch out for the new gamepro and confirm if it's true or not :)

But gamepro is a german game Magazin... so it could be true. the only thing which gives me a Little doubt is the fatality from kotal... this is kanos classic fatality.. so... :)

seanayPosted: 08/03/2014 10:32 AMStatus ::

Visits::9275
Nationality::United Kingdom

Im guessing he must be grey haired now or bald again like in MK3

diirecthitPosted: 08/03/2014 10:35 AMStatus ::

Visits::4647
Nationality::Mexico

Hoping it's true. Kano is one earthrealmer that could be a badass old man.

projectzero00Posted: 08/03/2014 10:55 AMStatus ::

Visits::2720
Nationality::Greece

Photo or it didn't happen

blacksaibotPosted: 08/03/2014 10:58 AMStatus ::

Visits::9078
Nationality::Bahamas

MKKosh Wrote:
Hi Guys. I live in Germany. I'm Not sure if Kano is really the next MKX reveal at our Games Com here in Germany, but yesterday i become my new gamepro magazine and mk x is the coverstory. And in this preview of mk x there are 2 pictures of the New Kano. He throws a knife at raiden and crush his knee in kotal khan's Face. Also it is confirmed that one of his fighting Styles is Wrestling! One new stage was named as a jungle with a possible Stage fatality.

Last time I checked, gamepro magazine was discontinued back in 2011. I smell horse shit.

LokheitPosted: 08/03/2014 11:02 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

Gotcha Wrote:

Kano is a safe bet, but I hope he's not the Gamescom reveal. (Hoping for a mk4 fighter .)

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the video for your sign gif? First time I see that animation on Sub-Zero and it's badass! O.o
subzert Wrote:

From where did you get the tag team mode? I loved it but I don't think a playstyle called "wrestling" is proof of tag team returning.

krajaxPosted: 08/03/2014 11:04 AMStatus ::

Visits::3050

I wouldn't jump on the rumor bandwagon just yet.

xysionPosted: 08/03/2014 11:08 AMStatus ::

Lokheit Wrote:
Gotcha Wrote:

Just out of curiosity, where did you get the video for your sign gif? First time I see that animation on Sub-Zero and it's badass! O.o

subzert Wrote:

From where did you get the tag team mode? I loved it but I don't think a playstyle called "wrestling" is proof of tag team returning.

It is from the NetherRealm Tumblr. There also more.

GoDisNotHereTODAYPosted: 08/03/2014 11:19 AMStatus ::

Visits::7462

EDIT: I stand corrected. My apologies.

LokheitPosted: 08/03/2014 11:23 AMStatus ::

Visits::2707
Nationality::Spain

xysion Wrote:
Lokheit Wrote:
Gotcha Wrote:

subzert Wrote:

It is from the NetherRealm Tumblr. There also more.

Kool! Thanks :)

Seeing how that's a win pose using something exclusive from a playstyle (Kori Blade) I wonder if there will be different win poses for each playstyle?

About the main topic, I hope Kano isn't the lone reveal and we get to see at least another character.

Rockchalk5477Posted: 08/03/2014 11:24 AMStatus ::

Visits::12960

Ed retweeted the magazine cover on Twitter. According to some guy in the comments, Kano is not confirmed by the article (as I suspected.)

whatuknowaboutMK?Posted: 08/03/2014 11:31 AMStatus ::

Visits::539

Rockchalk5477 Wrote:
Ed retweeted the magazine cover on twitter; according to some guy in the comments, Kano is not confirmed by the article (as I suspected.)

This sounds more like it. I mean why would a reveal like that be featured in a game magizine just 2 weeks before GamesCom?

Winter is Coming A Lanister always pays his debts You know nothing Jon Snow! We do not sow! Valar Morghulis
xysionPosted: 08/03/2014 11:34 AMStatus ::

RE: German GamePro Features Mortal Kombat X Cover Story

Scorpion on the front. Naturally!

I hope for more information on Scorpion!!! Hints about his story would be absolutely incredible!!!

ReptzMKPosted: 08/03/2014 11:39 AMStatus ::

Visits::34

Ya know, even though Kano is one of my least liked characters, I think I'd be fine with him being revealed next. I'm extremely confident in NRS when it comes to MKX, and I think they could make even Kano look/play like a total badass.

Even if it's not true, I'll take anything at this point. lol

KungLaodoesntsuckPosted: 08/03/2014 11:47 AMStatus ::

Visits::19710

xysion Wrote:

I hope for more information on Scorpion!!! Hints about his story would be absolutely incredible!!!

He's the face of the studio and brand, don't be surprised.

Really hope there is a playable character shown in that issue.

photo 08EDBB95-0972-4D12-94BB-8107B5418EAA_zpsyuwphky8.jpg
MKKoshPosted: 08/03/2014 11:56 AMStatus ::

Visits::19

No words of Tag team. There are 2 pictures. One with his knifethrow at raiden and one with a kneebash in kotal khan's Face. He Shows older than in mk 9 but his Hair is still black but very Short. His cybernetic eye Looks New designed. I wish i can show it to you, but scans are Not allowed as You know. I was suprised to See a new fighter in the article. But the pictures in the mag confirm kano is in mk x! Please believe me. I think the pictures will make it's Way online very Soon!

xysionPosted: 08/03/2014 11:58 AMStatus ::

KungLaodoesntsuck Wrote:
xysion Wrote:

He's the face of the studio and brand, don't be surprised.

Really hope there is a playable character shown in that issue.

I am not surprised, I expect it.

I am thinking no new character will be shown so close to GamesCom. If there is a new character shown then said character will be shown with gameplay at GamesCom hopefully with another character.

CasselmanPosted: 08/03/2014 12:01 PMStatus ::

Visits::8484
Nationality::Canada

And yet again a fan who is serious enough to buy a magazine for MK has never had an account here before...

Do I want to believe you ? Yes.

Do I believe you? Not by a long shot.

photo Casselman-4_zpsurigoehb.gif
Twitter~Facebook~Youtube~~~~~PSN: Casselman/LockUpYourBones
dengolinePosted: 08/03/2014 12:07 PMStatus ::

Visits::3286
Nationality::Austria

MKKosh Wrote:
No words of Tag team. There are 2 pictures. One with his knifethrow at raiden and one with a kneebash in kotal khan's Face. He Shows older than in mk 9 but his Hair is still black but very Short. His cybernetic eye Looks New designed. I wish i can show it to you, but scans are Not allowed as You know. I was suprised to See a new fighter in the article. But the pictures in the mag confirm kano is in mk x! Please believe me. I think the pictures will make it's Way online very Soon!

Is his costume white like in MK1?

ReptzMKPosted: 08/03/2014 12:12 PMStatus ::

Visits::34

Casselman Wrote:
And yet again a fan who is serious enough to buy a magazine for MK has never had an account here before...

Do I want to believe you ? Yes.

Do I believe you? Not by a long shot.

Is it really that really difficult to believe? That someone can seriously like MK and never make an account here?

Come on. I've loved MK for a LONG time, and I've lurked around MKO for a while, but I never really had an inclination to join until recently. If he's telling the truth, he probably just wanted to be the first to break the story to other fans. *shrug*

Not saying I'm taking this at face value 100%, but I have no reason to disbelieve him either.

And if he's really trolling, what are we out? Nothing, tbh.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, because why not?

Page of 19

© 1998-2017 Mortal Kombat Online. All rights reserved. Read our Privacy Policy.
Mortal Kombat, the dragon logo and all character names are trademarks and copyright of Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc.